Total Landscape Concepts

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2007

6164 Big Bend Dr

Roseville, CA 95678

Total Landscape Concepts is owner operated, serving business and residential properties in Placer and Eldorado and Sacramento Counties. Licensed and insured, TLC is the only call needed for all of your landscape installation, repair and maintenance needs. Free Estimates! Cost is determined by the

12/14/2020

Florentine P.

very well. We have hired them to do our weekly maintenance.

Description of Work
evaluation of irregation system, mulching and plant removal

Category awnings, landscaping

09/11/2020

Don F.

I had a difficult time getting and staying in contact with the office, rough communications. First scheduled visit for an estimate was missed due their marking the wrong date. I was able to get back in touch with them, left three messages over a week's time and finally connected through Angie's List Messenger. One of their employees came to the house and seemed very agreeable, nice person. It was a Friday, and she said she would get us a quote on the following Monday. We never heard from them again. They have great reviews on Angie's List from quite a few people, so I'm guessing they are just that busy. If that's the case, I wish they would've saved us both the time and just told us they were too busy.

Description of Work
Clean up & and weekly yard service.

Category awnings, lawn service

07/10/2020

Charles L.

Two workers showed up on the appointed day and performed an "audit" of my system front and rear. Neither of them spoke to me except the briefest of introductions. They never told me their names. They were here for about two hours, noted the broken sprinkler valves then left without another word. I called the owner and spoke to a woman asking when the work would be completed. She said she would send me a copy of the report, but never did. Another workman came out on a Friday, five days after the original work was dome and repaired the valves. He did give me his name and when finished, offered to show me how the valves were working. He had also re-wired all of the valves and put them together in a very professional manner. He was the most professional of the workers I saw.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair and replacement of two broken sprinkler valves

07/10/2020

Charles L.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair and replacement of two broken sprinkler valves

08/10/2019

Natalie M.

I made an appointment with them to come out to give me an estimate. They never showed up nor did they call me.

Description of Work
Needed weekly backyard lawn and garden maintenance

11/10/2018

jeffrey M.

Perfect! This was not an easy task, but the gentleman was professional and did not stop until the problem was resolved.

Description of Work
I had to find a leak in my sprinkler system and have it repaired,

07/11/2018

Cathy B.

Total Landscape Concepts replaced 30 sprinkler heads in the front and back yards, moved several of the heads to better locations under difficult circumstances, and installed two valves and a new controller box. The work was completed in one day by a two-man crew and they insured that all of the sprinkler heads were adjusted correctly and programmed the new controller box for me. Most important to me they prepared a detailed invoice that separated out the cost of parts and labor which enabled me to obtain a $650 irrigation improvement rebate from Sacramento Suburban Water.

Description of Work
Replacement of sprinkler valves, sprinkler heads & irrigation controller box

05/25/2018

Christopher B.

We had a sprinkler system issue at our house and found Total Landscape Concepts on Yelp, so we gave them a call. They promptly scheduled an appointment to come out to our house and give us an estimate to fix the issue as well as do a full sprinkler audit. The person who came out was on time and very friendly, and although wasn't sure what the issue was after looking at it, actually got on a video session with one of their irrigation experts to help remotely diagnose the problem which was very cool. That remote technician suspected it was a problem with our sprinkler system backfill. So the onsite person said we'd get a quote for fixing that and the audit by the next day and that they could do the work the following week. Unfortunately, the quote never came, so I called them a few days later, and they said they'd check into it and either send the quote to me or call me back. Neither of which happened. They seemed very promising based on the onsite visit, but just never gave us a quote...you can't accept a proposal you never get, and it just ended up wasting our time and delaying our needed repairs.

Description of Work
Irrigation/sprinkler fix

05/15/2018

Vernetta V.

Tony responded the day I called and attempted to determine where it was. He was out with his crew in a couple of days and It was located under a section of my front walk so concrete had to be broken up and replaced. This was all done in two days and I'm quite satisfied with the work which was done.

Description of Work
There was a leak in the sprinkler system piping.

Category concrete repair, irrigation systems

02/04/2018

Leslie E.

Work done, was underwhelming and at the end, I felt like I didn't get my monies worth!

Description of Work
YARD CLEANUP

10/16/2017

Tana C.

It went mostly well. When they came back to do the roses, the person did not speak with me first. [He didn't knock loud enough on the door for me to hear.] So they worked on a section I didn't need pruned and, as a result, didn't have enough time to remove the ivy growing into the rose garden.

Description of Work
Checking up on the sprinkler system and pruning roses.

10/12/2017

Roger G.

Hugh and Dustin got in and got the job done. I'm hiring TLC again.

Description of Work
Bought new home and yard was a hot mess. Way more than I could have done myself.

08/25/2017

mike S.

Hugh and Andre were terrific. On time, polite and did everything I asked. The yards look great.

Description of Work
Extensive pruning in the back yard and some shrub touch up in the front

07/21/2017

Meagan A.

Scheduled an appointment to meet at my house, around 530pm. Nobody showed up, not even a phone call.

Description of Work
Needed landscaping done to both the front and back yard.

07/07/2017

Zola F.

The work is beautiful, they went above and beyond, utilizing paving stones that I already had. They also worked with me on the pricing and payment. The crew finished and cleaned up without a problem. Thank you,

Description of Work
A gravel pathway was built and completed in 2 days. Also, I had 2 hose bibs installed for irrigation.

06/30/2017

Patrick J.

All three projects went very well. TLC employees, and the boss) are all very courteous, listen to desires and make solid recommendations, with multiple options. They are cost conscious and ACTUALLY CLEAN UP the site when complete. We are very happy with them.

Description of Work
Several projects: Audit entire sprinkler system on 1 acre property, Troubleshoot @ Repair timers on 18 valve system, repair some primary 1" valves and adjust system. Install 120' picket fence in back yard.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, driveway gates

06/08/2017

Teresa M.

Used them for a yard clean up special deal and they were great, came out, got a ton of our 7 foot tall weeds removed. When I called later for a full landscape redo in the back yard, it was difficult making contact, then finally when someone did come out, they said they'd email me with a quote, but I never heard back.

Description of Work
Yard Clean Up

06/08/2017

Dave/Elizabeth N.

It went well. They did a thorough job.

Description of Work
They checked sprinklers and wiring for timer box. Replace sprinkler heads.

03/21/2017

Leslie E.

The gardeners arrived late, with no call, the yards were left messier then when the came, especially the front yard. They blew piles of leaves around, but didn't pick them up!! I asked for 3 barely there trees, literally just started growing, about 2 feet high, to be removed and they didn't do it......And to top it off they left early, at least 20 minutes or so, which would not matter, except I only had 2 hours of paid time.. I don't feel like I got my monies worth at all, it felt like they couldn't get out of here fast enough.

Description of Work
I had tall grass to mow, small bush removal, and general clean up.

02/09/2017

LL L.

Excellent, as usual. Polite and well-groomed. Knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Trim wisteria, oleander, clean-up after storm.

Category hauling services, lawn service, tree service

12/06/2016

Lisa N.

First of all, a warning. These guys are good which means they're busy. You'll want to contact them 3-4 months prior to actually having the work done. Tim reviewed my plans, offered a couple of suggestions, and sent me a bid. The work they did was very good, and I'm thrilled with the result. I'd hire Tim and his crew in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We had the front yard re-landscaped to a drought tolerant yard. The plans were already drawn up. We contacted 2 landscapers and Total Landscape responded timely.

Category landscaping

11/07/2016

Hope P.

They were great. On time, professional, all was good. I would use them again. They cleaned up the yard, picked up leaves, and trimmed. Just very interactive with me, making sure everything I wanted was done. They took me out to show me what they did.They worked really hard.

Description of Work
Yard work.

10/04/2016

William M.

Left one VM on cell phone despite request for e-mail communication, No further communication of any kind. A "landscape company" did not seem appropriate for this project which was well spelled out in the project description.

Description of Work
Replace 2 porch ceiling recessed incandescent lights with LED retrofit sealed units.

Category Uncategorized

09/28/2016

John G.

I received a call about 30 minutes prior to my appointment letting me know they were running late due to some earlier jobs running longer than expected. They showed up a only few minutes late, but were very polite and professional. They spent more time than I expected they would for the amount that I paid, and discussed and addressed several issues, including figuring out a few zones were not even running (I had failed to program them after a power outage a while back). They also replaced and fixed heads and hoses and adjusted the system to increase and decrease watering as they felt appropriate. They did find and point out a few issues they felt should be addressed outside of the scope of the assessment, which I appreciated. Overall I got more than I expected and am overall very pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
Having recently relocated from the East coast, I have never had a sprinkler system before. My home has three sprinkler timers and many zones with a variety of sprinklers installed at different times over the years. I wanted someone to take a look at the system and make sure it was running all right, and fix a few problems I had noticed. The $179 was an Angie's List deal for an assessment of the system and replacement of some above the ground hardware as needed up to (I think) $25.

09/12/2016

Bobby T.

The initial service was done as requested. However, my issue is with the follow up communication or lack of. Took at least two weeks to receive follow up email. And, another 1-2 weeks to receive follow up quote. Couldn't wait any longer, so ended up going with another company for follow up sprinkler service

Description of Work
irrigation/sprinkler system audit

2Spec. Creations LLCA

All around outdoor carpentry from creating outdoor decks, porches and structures to fencing, Siding, roof leaks, and furniture.

916 Irrigation

Lawn irrigation, repairs, control timer, new system installation, drip irrigation, landscape lighting, drainage system.

Chavez Quality Concrete

With over 15 years of professional concrete service experience, we are here to address all your concrete needs and wishes.

2022 Super Service Award

CA
    California: Contractors
    10/31/2023
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available

Artificial Grass,Commercial & Residential, Full Service Maintenance, Aerating, De- Thatching, Weed Control & Cutting, Full Landscaping, Fencing, Decks, Concrete, Retaining Walls, Irrigation Install & Repair, Drainage, Synthetic Turf, Outdoor Kitchens, Sod, Bark & Re-Bark, Planting, Grading, Flagstone, sod, repairs Outdoor Lighting, Patio Covers, Pressure Washing, Fertilizing & Weed Control, Pruning , Tree Trimming, Garden Structure & Fence Painting, Dump Runs, Bobcat & Mini Excavator

Climbing Large Tree- Over 20 ft. and Fence only jobs under 50 feet