Home Remodeler Inc.

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2010

333 Sawtell Rd

Roseville, CA 95678

Home Remodeler Inc. is a full service, owner operated remodeling company serving the greater Sacramento area, and Placer County with quality craftsmanship, professional service and timely completions for over 17 years. We thank our new and repeat customers for their support and pride ourselves in

05/20/2019

Thomas B.

It was fantastic. They're great and professionals. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They an built integrated patio cover

Category patios

Thank You so much. It was a fantastic project and you are fantastic people.

04/23/2019

Bryon R.

5 Stars 1st - Shawn from Home Remodelers was the first of six contractors I made contact with. He was very courteous and responded the same day of my phone call. Out of six contractors, only four submitted estimates. He also supplied references. 2nd - He was on time for our appointment and listened and gave suggestions as to the scope of work we wanted done. He said he would get us an estimate within a few days, which he did. He broke down each of our three projects separately. They were detailed with scope of work, allowances and expected payment dates. 3rd - Shawn always answered his phone and responded back. He and his team were always on time through out the five week project. He kept us informed as to his daily agenda and worked well with other contractors who came in to complete their part (countertops, fireplace). 4th - His.staff was professional and worked throughout the day. We heard them say a few times “No shortcuts.” Shawn doesn’t allow shortcuts. Shawn and team would meet every morning to review what the objectives were. 5th - They completed our project within the expected time. We made the right decision! Thank you Shawn, Moses, Joe, and Drew. Bryon & Janet Rocklin, CA

Description of Work
Removed kitchen cabinets and installed light above sink area, remodeled bathroom, raised great room floor, installed new slider, raised electrical outlets, installed new gas lines for the new fireplace in great room

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank You for your time, business and the pleasure of working with you. Both of you are awesome people and me and the guys enjoyed being with you.

05/22/2018

Sharon T.

I NEVER received a response. I tried both phone an email several times and did not get any reply

Description of Work
Outdoor siding

Category handyman service

This is why I quit Angie's List. I am sorry for your inconvenience, but we do not service your area. Why do I get a bad review from a customer I can't even help?

02/20/2018

Brenda R.

Only complaint was shower was left chalky- they didn't wipe it down and clean up the tile after they were done. I had my housekeeper go in and wipe it down for me. One of the workers told me I would need to get in and take a shower in order for me to be able to wipe it down and the chalkiness would go away over time. Overall the work was done well.

Description of Work
Shower enclosure Install, Installed toilet.

Category home remodeling

Thank You so much for your business and your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your Koi are great.

11/16/2017

Michelle C.

Lipstick on a pig, that's how I would describe the work performed. So disappointing.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

09/15/2017

Annette H.

Very pleased with the end result. The staff are professional. The workmanship is superb. Highly recommend. Look forward to remodeling our second restroom with Home Solutions in the future.

Description of Work
Restroom remodel- gut old and install all new items (tub, toilet, fixtures).

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Thank You for your time and your business. It was a pleasure helping you and your husband with the bathroom remodel. You will enjoy it for years to come.

08/28/2017

Tina A.

We've used them a couple of times. There was a push to get it done. I'd give them an "A" plus on our kitchen but we had some trouble with our bathroom to I'd give them a "B" on that. Professionalism, depends on if you are talking about the owner or the contractor, I'll give them a "B". I would probably under certain circumstances use them again. I just had an issue with a subcontractor, he did a poor job but he fixed it. I'd tell friends and family to be sure that the owner himself does the work, to avoid contractors.

Description of Work
Remodeling of bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Thank You for your business and your time. We appreciate both.

08/06/2017

Beth M.

Very well. Everything completed on time and as expected.

Description of Work
Remove wood rot on outdoor gate and fence

Category woodworking

Thank You for your business and your time.

06/28/2017

Teri M.

Shawn was always on time and let me know if there was an extra expense before doing the job. I love the way the shower came out and can't wait for him to get started on my kitchen.

Description of Work
Installed a new Shower tub surround

Category home remodeling

Thank You so much for your review and your business. We look forward to your kitchen and meeting with you again.

06/26/2017

Gloria L.

It was okay. I had to call him multiple times to confirm that he was going to do the work. The work was done and it was okay.

Description of Work
He replaced dry-rotted wood on the exterior of my home.

Category contractors

I am truly sorry you feel this way. I had you on the schedule and yes you did call a couple of times before our start date. Home Solutions values your opinion and will use this information to better ourselves.

06/03/2017

Suzanne O.

After a little while of waiting for the appointment, job was finished professionally and thoroughly. I didn't mind the wait, as I understand unexpected things happen sometimes. Shawn was apologetic and sincere, and did a great job. A+++

Description of Work
Water damage to baseboards

Category home remodeling

Thank You for your business and your patience. It was great working with you.

05/22/2017

Kolleen D.

We scheduled a date in the future for the repair as I wanted to make sure the rain was done. On the day in question he showed up and got to work with his crew. The job was completed to my satisfaction and I would recommend Shawn and his crew!

Description of Work
I had some wood rot under the eves of my roof. I wanted to get the house painted and needed this fixed prior to the painting. I called Shawn at Home Solutions to provide a bid. We met and I received a bit promptly. I ended up finding some other possible damage and Shawn was good enough to come back out to inspect the second area of question. He assured me the original spot was the only area that required repair. I appreciate his honestly.

Category roofing, woodworking

Thank You, it was a pleasure working with you.

05/17/2017

David H.

Did a good job replacing trim with wood rot. Excellent repainting job (no mess was left)

Description of Work
Replace garage trim

Category woodworking, interior painters

Thank You for your business and review.

05/08/2017

George T.

All work was successfully completed and all looks like new.

Description of Work
We had originally asked for some minor dry rot repaired. During the work, a much worse problem was found and we hired HS to repair this as well.

Category water damage restoration, woodworking

Thank You, You and your wife were very nice to work with.

05/04/2017

Haleh R.

Shawn and his helper at Home Solutions did a great job.

Description of Work
I needed electrical and plumbing work.

Category electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

Thank You for your kind words and your business.

04/29/2017

Robert P.

Excellent. Multiple trips on multiple days, always prompt and communicated well

Description of Work
Attic ladder, light and flooring, mount TVs including rerouting wiring

Category electrician, remodeling

Thank You for your business and time to give us a review. It was a pleasure meeting you and completing your projects.

04/24/2017

Christine R.

It went well. Home Solutions is very flexible and made good suggestions for alternatives within our budge.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodle

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank You for your kind words and the review. We appreciate your business and time to give us a review.

04/17/2017

KARI H.

They are very professional, polite & courteous. The price was a little out of our price range so we did not use their service.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

We Thank You for the opportunity. You have a very beautiful home.

04/10/2017

Susan A.

3 different scheduled meetings to finally get a price. Basically the Angie's Deal of $199 was for the hour hours it took to get an estimate on how much work it would require. The team that finally came in to remove siding and say it was going to take 2 hours to complete the job were excellent. The final bid came back with a request for an additional $764, left a bad taste in my mouth. Will not use this company in the future. This was the first time I was disappointed in a company referred by Angie's List.

Description of Work
Needed to have some dry rot repaired under siding.

Category contractors

I regret that you feel this way. Due to the vinyl siding that was installed over the original siding I could not see the extent of the wood rot. Our initial visit was to determine the amount of damage. I explained all this to you at our first visit. I am sorry you did not like the price I offered, but for the amount of work and materials needed the price was fair. As for 3 different scheduled meetings the first one I did have to cancel, I am sorry for that. The second one was our initial visit and the third was our exploratory work to find out the amount of damage so I could give you a good price for the repairs needed.

12/27/2016

Steven R.

When I started this project I was excited to hire a professional because this is not my strong point and I wanted them to turn out beautiful even though it was going to be more expensive. Unfortunately that's not the experience I had. All the guys that worked on the project were pleasant and professional but didn't seem to have the skill. The things that came out nice were the refacing of the cabinets, the frameless shower glass and the countertops. The cabinets and glass were subbed out to other companies and the countertops were prefabs so most of that was finished already. The paint and tile work was a disaster! The tile and grout lines are uneven throughout the bathrooms. I had a slider window put in and the tile framing was stacked ontop of each other rather than cut at an angle to provide an even grout line. I questioned this and was told that is standard. I have friends in the tile industry and showed them. They couldn't believe it! I had a bench installed in the shower and noticed they didn't grout under it until I requested it. The paint is one color for the walls and another for the ceiling. Where the two meet are all over the place and sloppy. They didn't even remove the light fixtures to paint the wall correctly and got paint on my fixtures as well as on the tile they just installed. I had them install a new medicine cabinet and they cut the drywall to big. So rather than repairing the drywall and trying the cutout again they covered the gap with tape and painted over it as if I wouldn't notice. They fixed it at my request but then did a sloppy job on the retexturing. This also happened with the drywall screws they used around the bath/shower combo in the hall bathroom. Just painted right over them. Some may ask why didn't I have them go back and fix all these issues. To that I say that I did and some of it ended up fine but not all. It became apparent that they just weren't capable. It seemed as if they were trying to do as little as possible to do the job rather than trying to do a professional job. After 2 and a half months I was just done!

Description of Work
Remodel of Hall and Master Bathrooms

Category countertops, drywall, home remodeling, interior painters

I am sorry for your feelings on the work we did. This is not the impression we like to leave our customers with. We did have issues along the way as you pointed out. Your in progress pictures prove this. Your completed bathrooms are beautiful at a very affordable price.

12/06/2016

Diane L.

Will tell when work completed. very good was prompt efficient and very tidy cleaning up all dust and debris.

Description of Work
The work is to be done middle of January will finish review then. lower kitchen cabinets removed to include granite top . granite then had to be cut to fit on remaining cabinet and a bar next to cabinet was cut to fit with remaining cabinet.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling

Thank You for the kind words and your business. Every review is precious and valued. It is great working with you.

11/26/2016

Ann R.

Provider seemed to have a full schedule and couldn't do the work for 6 weeks. Then it rained, and he had to cancel. He did not call to reschedule, and I had to call him. Work was good, but communication with the customer was sketchy.

Description of Work
Treat dry rot areas spotted in termite inspection.

Category woodworking

I sincerely apologize for giving you this impression. We were busy when you first reached out to us and it did rain on our scheduled work date. You are right, I should have called you sooner to reschedule.

11/24/2016

Joanne P.

We did not use them; could not perform the services we needed.

Description of Work
While we did not use Home Solutions because they could not perform the work we requesting, they were very punctual and professional in returning our call. That was very appreciated!

10/31/2016

Kristie L.

When Home Solutions Construction finally finished, it took a long time. His attention with details is probably not what I had wished for. He seems to be too busy with other projects to really have enough focus on one. The crew he has working, they're not that great, to be honest with you. I had some issues with billing with him but we were able to resolve those and come to an agreement. It just took a lot longer than we thought it would to get the stuff done and I think that's because he only had one person here working on the job and that person was not completely competent on the task that they had been given. So, we wouldn't use them again but nothing that we would file a complaint about. On price, that's where we had some issues, quite honestly, so can I decline to state on that?

Description of Work
I had a big deal purchase made with Home Solutions Construction from Angie's List. They did a remodeling service.

Category mobile home remodeling

09/08/2016

Dorothy B.

He told us that there was no actual dry rot present and suggested what steps we should take to prevent dry rot from occurring. I felt bad having him come here for estimate and then not requiring his service. We will definitely contact him for future jobs.

Description of Work
Provider came for wood rot restoration/repair estimate on exterior garage door.

Category woodworking

It was a pleasure meeting both of you. Thank You for the kind words.