Acorn Arboricultural Services Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2011

Welcome to Acorn Your Full Service Tree Care Professionals Acorn Arboricultural Services Inc. provides the Roseville, Placer County and greater Sacramento area with the highest quality tree care services available. Our staff includes; I.S.A. Certified Arborists and Certified Tree Workers. Our

---

tree service (68)lawn & landscaping (4)lawn care (2)

01/15/2021

Martha H.

Amazing! Very professional crew. I would not hesitate to have them come out again. As a matter of fact, Lauren did come out here this past week to evaluate the needed work of removing part of a dead tree on the outside of my property that had broken off and fell on my gate, smashing it in two pieces. My valued champion/ obedience titled dog had escaped the night before and I was in the throes of also dealing with finding him. Not only did Lauren remove the tree part so I could hire a fence company to repair the fence, but he went back to his office and with the help of Nicole, the office manager, located the Facebook page for lost and found pets which put me in contact with the family who had taken my dog in for the night. What an amazing and ethical group the people are at ACORN Arboricultural Services!!! Love them and can't say enough about them! Deeply appreciate this company.

Description of Work
ACORN Arboricultural Services removed a dead tree and cleaned up overgrown trees & shrubs.

Category landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 01/11/2021

12/04/2019

dale W.

Very good. Quality work and attitude. Am scheduled for another visit.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 12/04/2019

01/24/2019

Rich Q.

Wayne performed a thorough evaluation of the tree's root system and existing soil moisture and showed me how to determine when and where to perform moisture testing and how to water when needed. He also recommended a professional quality moisture probe meter which I just ordered from Amazon.

Description of Work
Evaluation of established Oak tree's root system and advice on how to water tree.

Work Completed On 01/22/2019

07/14/2018

Leanne S.

Although it took weeks to schedule someone to come out and give me an estimate, the actual pruning appt. was made fairly soon afterword. I am very impressed with this company. They are very knowledgeable and Cody explained what they were doing and why along the way. They were on time and cleaned up everything nicely. The trees look so much better (They have never had service), the canopies are raised and off the roof and ground, and they have been thinned out but not just chopped. Acorn is also going to prune my Crape Myrtles in the winter. I definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Trimmed and thinned out two large maple trees

Work Completed On 07/10/2018

05/22/2018

Eva K.

Perfect. A few weeks before the day of service, the owner came out and provided a written estimate. They showed up on time, assessed the problem, put up a shield to prevent any wood chips from hitting my home and cleaned up the area.

Description of Work
Stump grinding of a small tree.

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

11/09/2017

Doug K.

Acorn trimmed two cypress trees in our narrow side yard, removing some branches and shortening others. After the job was finished the tree looked smaller, just what we wanted, with few noticeable signs the shrinkage had been due to trimming.

Description of Work
Trim two overgrown cypress trees.

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

09/05/2017

Marci P.

If we used them again, they're going to be "A's". They're very professional. They know their trees very well and they will only do what needs to be done. You can trust them.

Work Completed On 09/05/2015

08/23/2017

Barbara R.

They did a good job but I thought there price was a little high. I have referred them to other people also.

Description of Work
The did tree pruning and clean up for three trees.

Work Completed On 01/15/2017

07/12/2017

Pamela M.

The park uses them. I needed an arborists. Someone to trim the trees properly. They did an excellent job too. The squirrels cant walk onto my roof, from climbing on the trees anymore. The water we had last year, gave the Redwoods to start growing again. They are really beautiful, but this is really getting too close to the house. I am very happy with them too. They are higher than most people, but they are arborists, and they are more than an tree trimming company. The gentlemen, the boss, I am not sure if he was the boss, came, and I told him what I had wanted done. The crew came yesterday to actually do the work. They were two hours early. The heat, they were short handed too,and was trying to get it done. They did a really good job. I am being very generous. They did such a good job. When the guy came out, I was anticipating $1000 doing all this, because the arborists they just do the job better. He said it was just $250, oh, ok. I was surprised. It only took an hour, but still I was surprised. I was very pleased it wasn't anymore. Very prompt, excellent job. They were very punctual. They were very professional. They cleaned everything up. My backyard looks better now, than before they got here.

Description of Work
They trimmed my trees. They trimmed two Redwoods, and an Oak tree. They trimmed them back closer to the fence. They were here about an hour. They trimmed up the trees, and had grounded the tree limbs, and had another guy to come through and with the blower to clean up all the mess. You can now see my patio, and part of the mess was not from him, but he cleaned it anyway.

Work Completed On 07/12/2017

06/19/2017

Doris S.

Very well. I will hire this team again.

Description of Work
Examine 9 oak trees and 12 redwood trees. Trim oak trees, remove stumps and involuntary trees, clean up saplings.

Work Completed On 06/19/2017

05/05/2017

Daniel W.

Very well. They were backed up due to the winter storms, but once scheduled (a few weeks out) everything went They arrived when they said they would, performed the work quickly and thoroughly. A fence next to the tree was not damaged even though big pieces of the trees were cut down at once. They seemed to be very concerned about safety (helmets, glasses, gloves, harnesses, etc. in general, so I was not concerned about having any accidents on my property. The Arborist clearly explained what was to be done and why and patiently answered all of my questions. The team cleaned up thoroughly after themselves once the job was completed and made sure that all materials were removed from the job site. they had to return to grind the stump, as their equipment was in the shop, but I was informed of that before they started. They returned a few days later (one call back was required, but they had already scheduled it in). Payment was painless and quick. I would definitely hire them again, as they are competent and have done excellent work.

Description of Work
Had one tree removed (~50 ft) including stump grinding), one tree trimmed (thin out branches).

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

Review for Acorn Arboricultural Services Inc - 631 Commerce Dr Ste 200, Roseville, CA - 34977345

01/12/2017

Stefan H.

I was looking for someone who had a degree and knew about trees. He knew about trees, palms, and other things. He was good and professional. He did a lot of trees on my properties. I asked him about a cherry tree that had a disease. He said it didn't have a disease, the bulge in the back was from the nursery. I'm glad that I called him. I new there was only one guy that was certified, and it took a few days to get the bill to me. I chose him because of the price and knowledge.

Description of Work
Acorn Arboricultural Services Incorporated gave me an estimate.

Work Completed On 03/20/2016

01/12/2017

Stefan H.

I'm glad I actually called them. I know there was a little one guy that was certified so it took like three days to get the estimate but overall it was A you know.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Acorn Arboricultural Services Inc for tree services.

11/12/2016

Bill O.

They suggested we do a in ground fertilization for the tress. The tech was very knowledgeable. I will use them again if needed.

Description of Work
They came out and checked our Red Wood trees.

Work Completed On 07/12/2016

10/06/2016

Terry P.

I like their expertise, punctuality and professionalism.

Description of Work
They did the tree trimming.

Work Completed On 08/06/2016

08/22/2016

John D.

Very well. The arborist felt that the trees needed more trimming and the crew came back at no charge. In this case the arborist stayed with the crew. The job was a little tricky for them, but they got it done. Recommended them to others who need tree work. Good crew, clean up is excellent and they work hard when they are on the job.

Description of Work
Tree and stump removal. Trim three trees

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

06/16/2016

SHIRLEY H.

The price was average. The price was okay, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. They usually do a good job, not always. I use them all the time.

Description of Work
I have used Acorn for the lawn service.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 03/03/2016

01/29/2016

Deborah N.

Acorn took care of everything that was on Phil's proposal and we are very pleased with the results. I found Acorn through Angie's List and selected them because, based on other reviews, I thought their pruning work would respect and maintain the natural shape of our trees. They did so beautifully while addressing the problems (heavy limbs, roof overhangs, crossed branches, etc.) They also did a thorough job of cleaning the trimmings and making sure our yard was tidy before they left. I highly recommend Acorn and will definitely use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
We wanted an arborist to evaluate the trees in our front and back yards. Our trees had several long, heavy branches that I feared would break, and we also have a tree that had been over pruned a couple of years ago that was growing oddly. That tree is nearing its normal life expectancy of about 30 years and I thought we might need to have it removed. Acorn's Arborist consultation was provided by Phil, who recommended that the tree not be removed and said that Acorn's crew could help bring it back to better shape. As I requested, Phil also provided advice on how to improve the health and growth of our other trees, such as removing crossed branches and cutting limbs away from the roof line. Acorn's price for the work seemed reasonable and I scheduled to have them perform the work that Phil recommended.

Work Completed On 01/28/2016

10/07/2015

Lyle A.

Great job. They did a great job cleaning up and completed the job in a timely matter.

Description of Work
Remove two trees.

Work Completed On 10/07/2015

07/02/2015

Fred K.

Acorn was fast, effective and neat. I was completely satisfied with their work. In addition, the folks I dealt with on the phone and at the property were courteous and professional. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed two 20 year-old Chinese Tallow tress and trimmed another 8 trees (oaks, tallows, olives, laurel).

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

04/25/2015

Amber N.

These guys are the best. Don't waste your time with anyone else, just give them a call. They've done several jobs for us and have been responsive, professional and reasonably priced. We called last week with an urgent request to buy and install privacy trees. They came out the next day and provided good advice and a fair proposal. They'll be back in a few weeks to plant the trees. Based on my experience with other tree service providers and landscapers, Acorn is proof that it is possible to run these kinds of businesses professionally and deliver excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Pruned four fruit trees, two crape myrtles and an orange tree. Repaired a cracked limb in a New Zealand Christmas tree.

Work Completed On 03/11/2015

Dear [member name removed], Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We very much appreciate that you took the time to review us. Have a great day. Sincerely, Delinda Bate, Office Manager

04/02/2015

Barbara D.

They do a beautiful job of shaping and opening up the trees; the Photinia especially looks spectacular now. These folks know their trees! They also removed 2 pine trees and a sick oak tree for me last year. Same great service.

Description of Work
Pruned and shaped 1 Photinia, 2 Tupelo, 1 Loquat, 1 Honey Locust, 1 Spruce and 2 Liquidambar trees. Our trees were overgrown and several of them were encroaching on our neighbor's property. The Acorn crew arrived as scheduled and were done within 4 hours. The yard was immaculate when they left.

Work Completed On 03/18/2015

03/26/2015

Lynn B.

Arrived on time, professional-friendly crew (2 man), very knowledgeable about trees/bushes, made suggestions for long-term care, cleaned up all trimmings, sidewalks-area were blown off of debris. Will schedule next year for yearly pruning. Both were assets to their company.

Description of Work
Prune apple tree, 2 crape myrtles

Work Completed On 03/24/2015

Dear [removed name], Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did. I will let the crew know you were happy with the job. We look forward to hearing from you next year. Sincerely, Delinda Bate, Office Manager