LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2008

With over 30 years’ experience, we believe that consistent communication is the key to a successful landscape project. That is why the same salesperson with whom you meet as your initial contact will act as your project coordinator as well. He/she will be with you from the first meeting to the end

lawn & landscaping (225)hardscaping (76)concrete repair (55)landscape lighting (42)masonry (34)Patios (29)stamped concrete (29)electrician (28)fence company (21)architect (13)outdoor kitchens (12)decks & porches (11)

02/23/2022

Chris C.

Lavish Gardens was great to work with for the design and installation of our backyard. They were very responsive and did a great job of communicating and checking with us prior to finalization of each phase of work. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for landscape design and installation services.

Description of Work
Backyard Landscaping

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, architect, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 02/23/2022

03/15/2021

glenn G.

Outstanding! The staff was very helpful, had good ideas, and designed around our wishes. They kept in contact with us during the project asking if we were pleased with the work so far and did we want any changes. The crews worked hard and always cleaned the area at the end of the day. Dan Jolly was very responsive to our questions and gave us many design ideas to consider. Ivan Pena and his crew were very professional and exceptional workers.

Description of Work
Major landscaping project for both front and back yards.

Category awnings, landscaping

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

01/09/2021

Mollie K.

Mike has built an excellent team, both in the office and in the field. The on-site team leader was helpful in every respect if a change was requested and the team always delivered on time ! Mike also provided a helpful brochure to the neighbors and there were no complaints - even during demo process - which was a great blessing. Not only would I hire Lavish Gardens again in a heartbeat, I will be asking Mike back later this year to finish up the front of the property. This has been a great experience all around and I am so pleased with the result. Peace of mind and beauty to relax in, thanks to the wonderful folks at Lavish Gardens.

Description of Work
Landscaping to correct drainage issues on property and to upgrade to modern style

Category awnings, concrete repair, electrician, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, woodworking, drain pipe, architect, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

11/30/2020

David Q.

Excellent quality, customer service, and one-stop solution for your landscaping needs. Michael Cole helped us start one of his on-staff landscape architects to design our home, and provided us high-quality pricing options and suggested options to begin. We were not able to afford the entire yard, but finished the first phase this past summer. Lavish Gardens was able to accommodate many unforeseen items throughout the process. My wife and I could not have expected better service under our circumstances. The work was not cheap, but the materials and labor that went into the project make me wonder how the company earns a profit on the work. We got a really good deal, and now have a beautiful gate and fence in our side yard, and we look forward to having them return for future work.

Description of Work
Landscape architect design, concrete removal, fence installation, gate installation, plants and irrigation lines installed.

Category concrete repair, electrician, fencing, landscaping, architect

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

10/17/2020

Shannon Q.

Lavish Gardens was a pleasure to work with and they were very amenable to revising their proposal for me multiple times as I reprioritized the jobs I wanted to get done first. Mike came out to look over the work and do the original estimate and he was great to work with. He gave me some ideas on what I could do and didn’t try to upsell me on things I didn’t need. The week before the work started Russell and Ivan came out to walk the job and I felt very comfortable and knew exactly what would be happening. The week of the job they kept me posted on timing, work accomplished, and work left to be done. I never had to ask for updates and when the crew was at my house they worked hard and were very respectful of me and my neighbors. The work was done efficiently and was very well done. They did some extra work that was related to the job because they had the tool there for it and it was such a nice surprise for me. Additionally, they did an excellent job of cleanup and left my property in pristine shape. Specifically, my project included installing a 30 foot + retaining wall as well as installing over a hundred feet of a decomposed granite path. Lavish Gardens was one of the landscape companies I called but they far outshined the other companies in curtesy, responsiveness, and professionalism. I highly recommend Lavish Gardens and I will definitely be calling them for my next landscape project!

Description of Work
Excellent and Definitely Hire Again!

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, pavers, gravel, architect, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

10/04/2020

SHARON K.

We had just built a pool and needed to put in landscape all around the pool and down one side of our house. It was a pretty big project and we got four bids from local landscape companies before we made our decision to hire Lavish Gardens Landscape. The main reason we hired Mike’s company was because he was very detailed in his estimate and was knowledgeable about irrigation and plants. The crew was hard-working and accommodating. Supervision of the crew was hit and miss, but Mike was always available to consult. As with any large project, things come up and adjustments have to be made, but Mike was very fair in the negotiation process for adjustment pricing. We were very pleased with the quality of plant materials Lavish Gardens was able to access for us. Our landscape looks beautiful and we are enjoying our new backyard!

Description of Work
Backyard landscape

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

09/21/2020

Brenda W.

I received a timely appointment for measurements and my design requests on July 30, 2020. I sent several photos of ideas to Dan Jolly. When I received the written quote via email on August 5, it was outrageously expensive! There were several charges listed for items that we had not discussed nor did I want. It included a contract that they wanted me to sign. It had no design drawings to illustrate what they planned to build for me, so, I had no idea of what I would be signing for except for a very high priced quote. I called the main office and spoke to the receptionist to ask questions about those items. She said she would leave a message for Dan, but never heard back. That was a waste of my time!

Description of Work
Front yard "court yard" with pavers and brick/iron wall

Category fencing, masonry, architect, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

08/25/2020

Debbie A.

Our experience with Lavish Gardens Landscaping could not have been any better! They turned our ugly hillside into beautiful eye candy. We have a very large, very steep hillside to deal with and the workers made it look easy. They were extremely professional every step of the way and we were amazed at the end of each day to see the amount of work done and the changes occurring. We love our backyard and love showing it off every chance we get! Sorry we waited so long to get this done! I would recommend Lavish Gardens in a heartbeat...

Description of Work
Backyard Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service, architect, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

08/03/2020

Scott R.

Michael Cole was so gracious to let me know that the work I wanted would be subcontracted and on a smaller scale so (to save me money) he referred me directly to his subcontractors. What a fabulous thing to do! I can understand why this company is so highly rated. I wish my job was bigger so I could hire them.

Description of Work
Pergola construction, new fencing, sprinkler system replacement, landscaping

Category awnings, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, architect

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/11/2020

Christine A.

Dan with Lavish Gardens was prompt to schedule a visit and provide an estimate. And very responsive for answering questions and providing revisions. Others we got an estimate from became unresponsive. We were assigned a project manager and start date promptly after signing and are absolutely thrilled with what was accomplished in less than two weeks! The team was very professional, we love the new garden beds, trimmed trees, and ground cover! And they were very professional about cleaning up when the project was completed. Highly recommend! We’re already planning to have Lavish Gardens update our front landscaping next year!

Description of Work
We had a large side yard with garden beds and fruit trees that had gotten out of control with weeds and overwhelming. We wanted to save the trees, replace the garden beds with professionally installed taller country manor stone ones, and have low-maintenance ground cover to replace the problem areas.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, architect, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

Review for LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE - 4970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA - 38711857

06/09/2020

Carol W.

It went very well. Beautiful design with quality plants and tree. Great communication between ourselves, the owner, crew chief and workers. Their hard work, punctuality and flexibility made it an easy process with a stunning front yard.

Description of Work
New front yard

Category concrete repair, decks, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, architect

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the great review. Working on your project was our pleasure. We are also glad that our commitment to quality and customer service were acknowledged. We do our best to keep high standards to make the process as seamless for our clients as possible. Thank you again for choosing our company and we hope you enjoy your yard for many years to come.

03/01/2020

Annie V.

Our project came out beautifully! Lavish Gardens Landscaping was amazing to work with: prompt with estimates and contracts, flexible with planning, friendly and professional. They were prompt every day and cleaned up at the end of their work. Our project was finished on time and it is beautiful.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway replaced with pavers, new stamped concrete patio, new planting of trees and other plants, irrigation, outdoor lighting.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, electrician, landscaping, masonry, mulch, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 01/11/2020

12/02/2019

Brooke L.

We love Lavish Gardens! When we first moved into our newly built house in Rocklin, the yard was just dirt and weeds. We met with several other landscaping companies, but Mike at Lavish Gardens was by far the most professional. The work that Mike’s company and team did was performed as planned and estimated. The process was stress free and the work was completed on schedule. Mike is very attentive and responsive. He was always available for any questions we had and kept us informed every step of the way. Not to mention, he has a wonderful architect who drew our plans beyond what we could have ever imagined for our backyard. The architect was very helpful in recommending specific plants that, as we requested,were low maintenance and also bright and colorful. They also poured concrete, installed lights, a sprinkler and irrigation system, and a moss rock wall. The result is stunning and beautiful and not something you can get from any other landscaper that we’ve seen in the area. Lavish Gardens really knows their stuff. For example, we had a sudden drainage issue on a slope due to the home builder, and Lavish Gardens was able to install a drainage system that immediately solved the problem. We are thrilled how our backyard turned out and would definitely recommend Lavish Gardens!

Description of Work
Backyard Landscaping

Category concrete repair, electrician, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, drain pipe, architect, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

[Member Name Removed], we really enjoyed working on your project. We appreciate your patience while the water issue on your slope was taken care of. We look forward to helping with any future projects you may have.

11/12/2019

John E.

Excellent! Lavish Gardens completed our landscaping project in a timely fashion. The crew was here every day as promised. Quality of work is exceptional. They paid close attention to our plans as well as being fluid in changes. The foreman (Ivan) is insightful & experienced. He checked in with us daily. His staff polite & hard working. Michael Cole (owner) checked in with us each evening via text regarding the next day’s work. Lavish Gardens completed our 6 week project on time as promised. We highly recommend Lavish Gardens for your landscaping needs!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

[Member Name Removed] It was fantastic working with you. After stopping by a few weeks ago everything looks great. Thank you again for your business, it is greatly appreciated.

11/03/2019

Dave S.

Visited our home and talked about the job and providing an estimate within a few days. They never contacted us again. Unprofessional in the way they conduct their business.

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping.

Category landscaping

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. There seems to be some confusion with communication. We have copies of emails that were sent to you by your Salesperson, dating October 2, 2019 with both a design and construction estimate and another follow up to you dating November 4, 2019 with no response from you. We apologize this has been an issue. Please contact our office so we can verify your contact information and hopefully figure out why you never received these communications.

07/15/2019

Tyla B.

AWESOME! From start to finish, the entire staff was respectful, helpful and hard working. We had both front and backyard landscaping completed and we could not have asked for better results. The yards look amazing! AND hands down, the best crew to work with. We had some last minute plant changes and they literally took me to the Nursery and spent as much time as needed to get exactly what we wanted in our yard!! We seriously have a backyard oasis surrounding our pool, it looks like a resort. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Description of Work
Front & Backyard Landscaping

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

07/01/2019

Marnie R.

We originally met Michael Cole and Lavish Gardens in 2015 at a Cal Expo Home and Garden show. We were new home owners and were looking for a basic backyard plan (grading, concrete, bark and a retaining wall). With our positive experience in 2015 we decided to hire Lavish Gardens again for our new and improved backyard (plants, trees, sod, irrigation, DG for the dog yard) and could not be more pleased! We even had them do a refresher on the front yard replacing the builders plants for more curb appeal. Working with Michael, Ivan, Erin, Michelle and their team was a pleasure. Michael was respectful of our budget and our timeline. From design, to implementation, to completion of the yard we were on time and on budget. Daily communication kept us informed on what to expect and when steps would be completed. Our backyard looks fantastic and we cant wait to share it with our friends for summer parties. Thank you to the whole Lavish G crew!

Description of Work
Back yard landscaping

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

Review for LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE - 4970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA - 37964339

Hello [Member Name Removed], We were so pleased to have you call us back to improve on your existing landscaping. Thank you for the review and being a continued customer. Looking to any future projects you may have. Thank you, Michelle | Lavish Gardens Landscape

06/08/2019

Masumi J.

I highly recommend Lavish Gardens to cover any of your landscaping needs. I had prepared a design for our small ~400 square foot patio that included new concrete, three small trees, several accent plants, and an expanded fence and pathway down the side of our home. I was pretty overwhelmed in the initial phases of receiving multiple estimates until I met with Michael and felt that he genuinely cared about my project and that I could trust his team. Michael, Ivan, and his team were highly professional and flexible throughout the whole process. Michael was great to work with to bring the design to life and provided many helpful tips and suggestions while maintaining our original vision and keeping the cost within our budget. Ivan was also one of the best supervisors that I have worked with. He was flexible with any design changes during the job, paid close attention to all the intricate details, and worked hard to get the job done within their estimated time frame. The team made sure to clean after themselves after every day, leaving the work site safe and organized and the street cleaned up of any work materials that were used that day. I also had to leave town during the construction for and they were fine with putting things on hold until I returned, yet informed me that they could continue the work if I preferred. Michael and Ivan were great at answering any questions that I had to maintain the plants after the job completion. The project was completed ahead of schedule and the final product was everything that I imagined and more. My wife and I are so excited to be able to enjoy our new backyard and the amount of additional space and privacy we got out of expanding the fence is amazing. If you find yourself in a similar situation as myself where you felt like you couldn’t decide on which landscaping service to use, you found your team. Thank you again, Lavish gardens! I look forward to the next landscaping project we have but will enjoy this one as long as possible.

Description of Work
Back patio expansion and landscaping

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

Review for LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE - 4970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA - 37919420

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. Making your design come to life was a fun project for us to complete. We hope you enjoy the new yard for many years to come, but look forward to the next project with you as well. Thank you, Michelle | Lavish Gardens Landscape

05/06/2019

Brandon S.

Lavish provided excellent value and did the job right. We were very pleased with the attention to detail and flexibility during the job, and the communication was really superb (Michael provided an update every single day). We had a custom design, and Lavish made our vision into reality! Michael walked through the contract (and answered my myriad questions) and we nailed down the scope before work began. Once the contract was signed, the crews got to work. The whole job took about a month (and that was during the rainy periods in March/April), and Ivan even stopped back by after the job to check in and fix a sprinkler (that I didn't even know was broken). Lavish is not the cheapest (although it's close), but the quality, low-level of stress, communication, responsiveness, and results are well with the little bit extra.

Description of Work
Initial landscaping on a new build (back yard)

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, drain pipe, patios

Work Completed On 05/05/2019

Review for LAVISH GARDENS LANDSCAPE - 4970 Rocklin Road, Rocklin, CA - 37867936

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for the review. Customer service and quality of work are our main priority and we are glad that you noticed that during your project. Thank you, Michelle | Lavish Gardens Landscape

02/26/2019

Bill S.

We would highly recommend Lavish Gardens. From design to installation, we found Michael and his team to be professional, flexible, and efficient. They suggested many useful ideas and there were no surprises at the end of the project. We were always kept informed and they made the process fun. We love the results! Bill and Linda...Roseville, CA

Description of Work
Complete back yard landscaped.

Category concrete repair, decks, electrician, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

Hello [Member Name Removed] Thank you for the review. Working with you was a pleasure and we are so happy to hear you love the results. Michelle | Lavish Gardens Landscape

01/22/2019

Brooke P.

Lavish Gardens Landscape did a fantastic job. They were always prompt in their communications, and showing up to the job on time. Dan was great to work with and was extremely accommodating. With Lavish Gardens you are getting the highest quality of work so it's not the cheapest..but you get what you pay for! I'd rather pay a little more to have the A+++ professionalism I got with them! I definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
New landscaping, new sprinkler system, fountain installation

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

[Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you too. Having experienced and professional crews along with a wonderful office staff makes my job easy. Finding those boulders under the bushes in the corner that we could incorporate into you project was a nice surprise as well. Thank you so much for you business. Dan Jolly

12/02/2018

Keri B.

This company talks a good game but was unable or unwilling to provide a written estimate for proposed work and took over 6 months to prepare a somewhat accurate design plan. Before considering this company please read about our experience with them. We met with on April 24, 2018 with Michael Cole, the owner of Lavish Gardens at our home to obtain a written estimate to re-landscape our front and back yards. Michael told us that he would be able to provide an estimate after we worked with his designer to obtain a detailed site measurement and a complete landscape design plan for our (extremely small) front and (medium size) back yard. We agreed to pay $2000 for the design plan and articulated our desire to break ground on the project in late September. Over the course of the next 2 months we met with Erin, his designer, 4 times. We paid $200 on 4/25/18, $1600 on 5/19/18 and the final payment of $400 on 6/21/18. The initial set of plans were delivered on 6/21/18 and we met with Michael (and Erin) again on 7/13/18, for Michael’s second site evaluation. During that meeting, Michael indicated Erin had left several key elements out of the design plan that he needed to prepare his estimate. He instructed Erin to correct the design plan and we arranged to meet again on 8/1/18. At Michael’s 3rd site evaluation meeting on 8/3/18, he indicated he still could not produce a written estimate because he claimed he now needed “engineering” for a proposed retaining wall and a “topographical survey” by an engineering company because of the slope in the back yard. He gave us a referral and told us to let him know when those items were completed. At this point we articulated to Michael that we were still in need of the estimate for the whole scope of work. That we did not think we needed to go spend an additional $2000 for a survey and engineering just to get an estimate. Michael told us that normally it would be part of the scope of work but having it done first would assist him with his providing us an accurate estimate and it would be required for the permit. While we were working out the details with the engineering firm (who will not be named because they were honorable during this whole process), Erin delivered a second, corrected, design plan. Within a few days, we discovered most of the measurements depicted on the design plan were off by nearly 10 feet in all directions, and because of those inaccuracies, several of the design components were compromised. We immediately contacted Michael and Erin and advised them of the problems with their design plan (in writing) on 8/14/18. The topographical survey was conducted on 8/28/18 at a cost of $2000, and survey results were provided via email to us and to Lavish Gardens on 9/4/18. Between 9/4/18 and 10/22/18 Lavish Gardens and the engineering company went back and forth about whose responsibility is was to provide the landscape elevations needed to finalize the retaining wall engineering part of the project. (Additional research taught us that it was the responsibility of Lavish Gardens to provide this information, but they apparently didn’t know how to calculate it.) Finally, on 10/22/18, 182 days after requesting an estimate and signing a contract with Lavish Designs for an design plan and 69 days after signing a contract for the engineering component Lavish Gardens said was needed, we prepared and sent a demand letter via email to both companies demanding both companies produce the requested and paid-for products by 11/1/18. On 10/26/18 the engineering survey was completed. We subsequently discovered Lavish Gardens sent them incorrect elevations and, as such, they completed calculation for a 5’ wall, when actually we only need a retaining wall maxing out at 3’ feet and DOES NOT REQUIRE any sort of formal engineering or permit). Erin dropped off the “final-corrected” design plan on 10/26/18. We made a couple more attempts to get Michael to provide the written estimate we requested back on 4/24/18. He told us he needed to come out to the house and conduct another site evaluation, however, for one reason or another he never came out. Finally, on 11/30/18 we advised Michael that we were no longer interested in doing business with his company. Not sure why we waited so long to cut ties with Lavish Gardens, except that we were involved in several other projects at the time and just didn’t realize how much time had passed by. Let this be a warning to anyone else considering using this company. In the last 30 days we have contacted three other landscaping firms and obtained complete and detailed estimates for completion of the same work we discussed with Lavish Gardens in April. We have also discovered that the design plan prepared by Lavish Gardens contained additional measurement errors and that we did not need to spend the $2000 for a topographical survey or retaining wall engineering to complete the project.

Description of Work
Landscaping front and back yard

Work Completed On 11/30/2018