Brothers Home Improvement Inc

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2006

Family Owned and Operated since 1994. Nine Brothers & Sisters Striving For Your Complete Satisfaction! Energy Efficient, Replacement Windows and Doors. No Subcontractors! No High-pressure Sales! Ranked Among The Top Nationwide by Qualified Remodelers! AAMA Certified and Members of the Better

window replacement (48)door installation (17)screen repair (2)glass repair (2)egress window (2)insulation (1)

08/12/2020

Zelda J.

It didn't go. the guy came out to fix the door and when he got there and saw the door he did not have the material to fix the door so he told me he would get the material to fix the door and come back the next day but he did not return to fix my door.

Description of Work
my front door frame replaced

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

03/06/2020

Jim K.

They replaced the track and lubricated track for both sliding glass door and sliding screen door. They were prompt, worked quickly, explained clearly what they were doing, and where - generally - really nice people.

Description of Work
Needed track repaired on sliding glass door.

Work Completed On 03/19/2020

10/09/2019

Anne V.

Brothers replaced every window in entire house around 6 years ago,. Excellent work! Recent (unusual) torrental rains resulted in leak in large picture window…they immediately inspected and sent a team to repair and also checked every window in the house to ensure they were okay. Very pofessional company and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
window replacement and subsequent repair

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

03/23/2019

Perry S.

Brother’s did a fantastic job. I really appreciate every aspect of this purchase.

Description of Work
Window replacements

Work Completed On 03/07/2019

01/09/2019

Edmund P.

What a great investment! The quality of the windows is the best I’ve seen. We are returning customers - Brothers Home Improvement replaced all of our windows and two sliding doors in our home about 15 years ago. However, we held-off on replacing out ten bay windows, until now. The two gentlemen who replaced our windows were complete professionals and left the entire work area “spotless”! These windows are worth it and the service provided is excellent! Thank you!

Description of Work
Replaced (10) ten bay windows

Category screen repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 12/14/2018

Review for Brothers Home Improvement Inc - 4205 Cincinnati Ave Ste 300, Rocklin, CA - 37646907

11/14/2018

Bonnie B.

Absolutely excellent. My windows are beautiful! They have the most interesting exterior design ~~ much like picture framing material! Very unique.

Description of Work
Replacing single pane windows with double pane windows.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

02/08/2018

Eric W.

Great! Windows arrrived on time and scheduling was prompt. Everyone from sales, scheduling, and installation was extremely friendly and professional. What a difference these windows have made to my home!

Description of Work
Replacement windows and two sliders

Work Completed On 02/08/2018

09/13/2017

LAURA H.

Great! They were punctual and cleaned up after they were done. Would definitely use them again

Description of Work
Replace all the windows in the front of my house

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/12/2017

07/08/2015

Nancy P.

Very professional manner in reviewing the window options. Their bid was just a few dollars higher than the company we chose. We received four bids and chose the company closest to the site who also had just a bit lower estimate.

Description of Work
Came to site and provided an estimate.

Work Completed On 02/05/2015

01/03/2015

Dru D.

Decided to do new construction-nail fin construction-to remove entire old windows and repair/replace exterior frame as necessary rather than retrofit. Frank G came out to estimate work. Very prompt, courteous, and professional. Gave clear estimate and explained work clearly. Easy to work with and good followup. Brothers' doesn't do nail fin. That's the only reason that I didn't consider them when choosing a contractor. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend considering them.

Description of Work
Estimated cost to replace 8 windows and 1 patio door.

Work Completed On 01/02/2015

10/31/2014

Sue R.

I needed a new sliding glass door and screen for my patio, so I contacted three companies for estimates. I was especially impressed with the professionalism and helpfulness of Frank Gonzales from Brothers Home Improvement, Inc., in addition to his total cost estimate for the job. Additonally, of the three companies I contacted, only Brothers could provide the installation of a deadbolt for the sliding door like I wanted. Frank was knowledgeable and helpful and did not pressure me for a decision at once like the other companies' representatives did. Everyone from Brothers--from Frank, the salesman, to Steve who measured the job, to Steve and Ziggy who installed the door/screen--was prompt, professional and delightfully courteous. The job was installed and completed earlier than expected, which also pleased me. I can highly recommend the whole staff at Brothers Home Improvement!

Description of Work
Installed a new sliding thermal-glass patio door and screen with special deadbolt lock.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 08/14/2013

07/14/2014

jane P.

It was excellent from start to finish. Frank gave an estimate and was pleasant and not pushy. The man who measured the door was great and Steve who installed it was so knowledgeable and personable. All around a wonderful experience with a very professional staff.

Description of Work
Replaced the sliding glass door in our living room.

Category doors

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

02/08/2014

Ken D.

Our first appointment was on July 27, 2013. On the first visit we went through the house and showed him the windows we needed replaced. He measured each window and took notes. The window he was selling was called Brother?s Extreme. The windows seemed not well made to us and we never could figure out who actually made the windows. On August 16, 2013 we notified Brothers that they did not get the job for our window replacement.

Description of Work
Provided Estimate on first visit

Work Completed On 07/27/2013

08/19/2013

Kathy M.

We've used Brother's several times for window replacement over the years. The quality of their service is exceptional. Price is reasonable in comparison to the high end vendors because the windows and presentation are not as upscale. Many windows in the home are not "picture" windows. We went for functionality and got it with Brothers!

Description of Work
Installed replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/19/2011

08/09/2013

George M.

It went very well. They did it very quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
They replaced several windows.

Work Completed On 08/08/2012

06/12/2013

Barbara B.

The new windows reduced outside noise by at least 60-70% and the glass is so clear it would be easy to walk through a door, had I not put stickers on the doors. The two installers were super friendly but kept busy the whole time they were here. They cleaned up any mess they had made during the hours they were here working and made sure we knew how to use the locks on the doors and screens before they left. During the following Saturday that was 107 degrees, our house stayed much cooler than it ever had in the thirteen years we lived here with the old windows. We had used Brothers Home Improvement to replace all our windows when we lived in San Jose in 1997 and liked their work back then. We will be doing a few more windows before too long and will ONLY use this company.

Description of Work
They replaced 6 double-paned windows and 2 heavy double-paned slider doors.

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

05/10/2013

Melissa M.

A guy named Jim came to our house. He was professional and spent 3 hours at our home taking measurements, explaining about his company, how wonderful their windows were and why we needed retrofit windows. He made a really big deal about giving us his personal cell phone number to call if we ever had any questions. He did not want us to have to use the 800#, he wanted to give us his personal # to show how great their personalized customer service is. I had seen on Angie's list that they had a great rating, so I felt good about it and since they were so much less than Home Depot, we were excited. After he left, we did some more research and asked a lot of questions from friends, viewed information online, and spoke to other dealers. We finally decided that retrofit was not what we wanted and that we would prefer a new construction installation. We even called Jim (twice) to ask questions....afterall, he did give us his personal cell phone# in case we had any questions. The first time he was polite and answered our quesitons, but the second time he was a bit rude and frustrated that we hadn't made up our mind and that we were even considering new construction windows. This really turned us off. If he didn't want us to call and ask questions, he shouldn't have given us his # and made a big deal about calling him directly....Really bummed us out. At the time we called him, we weren't set on new construction, but we wanted more information and clearly he wasn't interested in our business when he realized that we were considering this option. Lost our business over attitude.

Description of Work
Quoted us for 12 windows and 1 sliding glass door. All analin retrofit.

Work Completed On 03/01/2013

03/26/2013

Kathy T.

They came out to give us estimates for 2 sliding doors and a window. We only replaced the bigger sliding door. Two employees did the work and the door is gorgeous. After they left, we noticed the screen door would not open all the way(almost all the way) and when we looked up in the area where it glides, there was a small piece it would run into not allowing it to open completely. I called and someone came out and showed me that we could remove that piece if we wanted. It was fairly easy, however, once we did, when you completely opened the screen door, it would rub against part of the frame. To be honest, that was disappointing. It is something we can live with and deal with when needed but we were surprised. This is the first slider we have replaced so maybe this is how they are made. Other than that, everyone went smoothly. Their responsiveness and professionalism were great.

Description of Work
We had a new 8' sliding glass door replaced.

Work Completed On 03/18/2013

12/18/2012

TERRY S.

I got an estimate by phone from Jim. I thought their price was too high, so, I check with about six other window installers and found Brothers Home Improvement price was not only better but the window they were offering was better quality as well. One person came out to install the window. He came on time and was very professional. He remove all debree and did a thorough clean up. I definately would hire them again.

Description of Work
Remove and install one window in bedroom. Change from a fix window to a single hung window. Window size about 2X5 feet.

Work Completed On 11/12/2012

08/26/2012

D S.

The work was fine and I would hire them again. One issue is that they custom order windows so that it takes about 30-40 days from the day they measure to installation. In my opinion, this is not a problem because it makes for a better fit for the window and is worth the wait. Just an FYI for this review so you can plan your schedule.

Description of Work
Replaced small window upstairs so that it can open.

Work Completed On 07/09/2012

03/15/2012

Paula R.

Best experience with contractors yet, and we have done extensive remodeling of this house. Frank was very professional and knowledgeable and gave us a fair and competitive quote. Best of all, they have a wonderful product...the windows are gorgeous and they open and close so easily. The installation crew was quick and neat....I still can't believe how well the windows fit. They took care not to scratch the floors when they were in the house, and cleaned up well after themselves. Their company was also very flexible and kind in working with us as we tried to coordinate work with insulating contractors at the same time. We will be having them return to replace 2 large sliders in the future. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced 12 single pane windows in 1951 home including several large, odd-sized ones.

Work Completed On 03/12/2012

10/12/2011

Jack R.

After a long period of trying to find the best, most competitive company to supply dual glazed window and door replacements for my home, I fortunately selected Brothers Home Improvements. I had looked at other companies work and noticed they all had very wide framing and were obviously replacement windows and doors. Frank Gonzales was the sales person I dealt with and he agreed they would trim the frames to fit within the existing aluminum frames. The finished appearance was exactly like I wanted. The company was professional. They were on time, had capable and qualified installers who talked highly of their company (which is a good indication of a good company) and left the installation area cleaner then when they began. We were so satisfied we recommended them to our Son and Sister-in-law, each of which ordered their replacement windows and doors from Frank. My reason for writing this review at this late date is what Frank did recently for me. One of the sliding patio doors handle started acting up and needed to be replaced. Since it was almost three years since they were installed I fully expected to pay for the replacement. I called Frank on the phone, explained the problem and he agreed to take care of it. I couldn't believe it when a couple of hours later the doorbell rang and it was Frank. He came in, removed the old handle and replaced it with a new one, gave me an extra part to save in the event the other door had the same problem (which it hasn't) and refused to accept any payment for the work he did. I would recommend this company (and I have) to anyone wanting a good competitive product from an outstanding company.. Thanks Frank!!!!

Description of Work
Brothers Home Improvement installed ten sliding windows and two sliding patio doors to replace the existing single glazed windows and doors in my home. They were the most competitive and cut the outer window framing to install inside the existing aluminum framing to result in a narrower exterior frame. It resulted in a cleaner appearance and didn't look 'boxy' like other companies work. They also used a Polyurethane sealant as calking which lasts more then twenty years according to the manufacturer. A much better material than standard calking used by other companies. It turned out exactly as I wanted.

Work Completed On 06/12/2008