Daniel's Development and Construction

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2009

18541 Sherman way

RESEDA, CA 91335

Daniel’s Development Group Inc. is family owned and operated Construction Firm. We offer a full line of construction & remodeling services in Greater Los Angeles Area. . We also offer Design-Build approach where architectural designer, structural engineer & building contractor are one and the same.

10/25/2017

Yoav S.

We hired Daniel's Development and Construction for a complete kitchen remodel, and for an electrical panel upgrade. Mark, the contractor who was responsible for the project was a great guy. He never left us hanging, and was precise on the job schedule. Of course, the job had unexpected surprises that delayed the project. There was the damaged subfloor, and termite damaged wood in the wall frame, but mark was able to efficiently solve the issues and continue on with the project. Me and my wife really love our new kitchen. Thank you Daniel's

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel and electrical panel upgrade.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, home inspection, interior designers, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, drain cleaning

07/05/2017

Kristina L.

After an endless search of somebody that I felt I could trust, Mark from Daniel's came out to give me my estimate for new room addition and I was the least to say pleasantly surprised. He was extremely knowledgeable very polite and definitely knew what he was doing so we went forward with the addition and I couldn't be happier now my kids are enjoying a wonderful new entertainment room. THANK YOU Mark.... WE LOVE OUR NEW SPACE!!

Description of Work
Addition for my family's entertainment room.

Category drywall, remodeling, replacement windows

05/18/2017

Walter L.

Recently bought a new house that needed Renovation. The house was exactly what I was looking for, but the house needed remodeling. I reached out to Daniel's, and Mark was the person I met. I needed to replace the windows, remodel the existing kitchen, rooms, and bathrooms. Throughout the Project Mark advised and answered any of my dilemmas. He is a very frank person that I enjoyed working with. Thank you very much Daniel's, for making my new house my new home.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel rooms remodeling window installation bathroom remodeling

Category countertops, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors, drain cleaning

05/18/2017

Julian J.

Me n my family r at home now n happy with our new home Thank u Daniels n design concrete ❤️🙏

Description of Work
I needed flooring new windows new doors n concrete he did a great job very excellent work very clean n very Good price very happy 😊

Category custom cabinets, contractors, carpet installation, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, concrete driveways, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, insulation, interior designers, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, marble & granite, structural engineer, architect, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, driveway pavers, drain cleaning, sunrooms, mudjacking, foundation repair, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling

05/12/2017

Rick B.

I wanted to renovate my house after years of waiting for the right moment. I decided to remodel my house existing bedrooms and add another room and bathroom. Daniel's were very helpful throughout the project. They assisted me with any of my concerns and questions, and Mark was able to give the advice I was looking for. I am pleased with the cost and outcome of the project.

Description of Work
- Bathroom remodel - Bedroom addition - vanity installation - window intallation

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/10/2017

Jordan B.

I hired Daniel's Design & Construction to perform a remodel and an addition to my house. prior beginning the job, I made plans with an architect not associated with Daniel's Design & Construction. Daniel's Design & Construction worked with my architect deliberately and small adjustments were planted as the project was proceeding. Mark with Daniel's Design & Construction gave me a fair price for a high quality service and project. Definitely looking forward working with this company in the future. Jordan Baker.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling, room addition, window installation, flooring.

Category drywall, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

05/10/2017

Ricardo H.

Great. Very professional. No stress at all. Mark was great.

Description of Work
Remodel my kitchen and restroom

Category plumbing, home remodeling

05/09/2017

Maria E.

Great attention to detail the tile work came out impeccable. I am so happy with the outcome of the bathroom. Mark was great and his crew were great.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodeling.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

04/29/2017

Isela H.

Service was wonderful and super helpful

Description of Work
General construction

10/11/2016

Robert S.

I hired Daniel's Design & Construction for remodeling existing bathrooms, and an addition of a master bedroom, the cost of the Job was $77,500. The contractor, Mark is responsible, professional, and he had me informed on every every detail concerning the job. He provides professional and helpful advice and helps with coming up with the best project decisions. The workers also give great insights on what you discuss with them. The master bedroom and bathrooms came out amazing, beyond as I expected. Overall, I'm very happy choosing to hire Daniel's Design & Construction, and I'm looking forward on working with Mark in the future. Thanks Daniel's Design & Construction, good job.

Description of Work
Remodeling of existing bathrooms. Master bedroom addition.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, insulation, plumbing, stucco, home remodeling

10/10/2016

Robert S.

I hired Daniel's Design & Construction for remodeling existing bathrooms, and an addition of a master bedroom, the cost of the Job was $77,500. The contractor, Mark is responsible, professional, and he had me informed on every every detail concerning the job. He provides professional and helpful advice and helps with coming up with the best project decisions. The workers also give great insights on what you discuss with them. The master bedroom and bathrooms came out amazing, beyond as I expected. Overall, I'm very happy choosing to hire Daniel's Design & Construction, and I'm looking forward on working with Mark in the future.Thanks Daniel's Design & Construction, good job.

Description of Work
Addition master bedroom,Remodeling existing bathrooms.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

John S.

I recently finish an addition and a complete remodel of my house. I hired Daniel's Design & Construction. It was a $ 225,500 project, an addition of a master bedroom, and an outside deck at my backyard, with a view of the mountain ranges. Theoretically, the deck was a very difficult task to complete. There was many things that had to be prepared for it to be done, like getting an approval from the city, but Mark, the contractor took care of everything with the highest commitment. The contractor is very experienced and professional. His workers are respectful, and can be trusted with no doubt. An overall great experience with this company, I'm happy from what Daniel's Design & Construction have done out of my house, with a relatively low price to the amount of work that as been done. Thank you Mark , J. Smith.

Description of Work
Deck, complete remodel, addition, roof, stucco, and cabinet and counter tops.

Category countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, roofing, stucco, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

John S.

Description of Work
Countertop, Deck, Concrete, Drywall, Electrical, Insulation, Roofing, Windows, Stucco Remodeling Kitchen & Bathroom, Painting - Exterior and Interior and cabinets

Category countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, insulation, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

John S.

Description of Work
Plumbing, Electrical, Stucco,Deck, Remodeling.

Category ceramic tile, decks, concrete driveways, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, interior designers, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, structural engineer, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms, basement remodeling

09/09/2016

eugene H.

We bought our "new" home from original owners; it was built back in the 60's. We got a great deal but the house required a lot of work before being move-in ready. The house had extensive damage to the foundation. In addition, it needed all new plumbing (and drains), electrical, roof, HVAC, insulation, and a complete redesign of the interior. Mark walked us through the entire process and executed a very efficient action plan that enabled us to move in in a fraction of the time we expected. He was a real one-stop-shop. What he doesn't do in-house, he brought in subs that he managed to complete the work on time and on budget. His estimate was not the lowest, but I loved the fact he didn't nickel-and-dime us, never deviating from his original estimate. He completed all work on time and on budget. I believe that ultimately saved us a lot of money, not to mention time and headache. After my experience with Mark, I cannot imagine doing a project of this magnitude with anyone else. I was very impressed with his integrity. Everything he said he would do, he did. He has my trust.

Description of Work
Contractor essentially rebuilt our house from the ground up: new plumbing, electrical, foundation repair, insulation, HVAC, roof, driveway stucco, complete redesign of interior.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, concrete driveways, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, structural engineer, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, driveway pavers, drain cleaning, mudjacking, foundation repair

07/25/2016

Grace K.

Not knowing anything about remodeling a home this was a very daunting task. Daniel's Design and Construction made the process less stressful in every aspect. Mark, the contractor, was very professional, responsible, hard working and easy to work with at every step. He answered every question patiently and explained each aspect as thoroughly as he could every time. I appreciated that they were available, easy to reach and responded promptly. We are very pleased with the work in our new home. It was exactly what we hoped for and even more. Even after a year of living here we still love everything. Even after the home was done we continued to ask Mark to assist us with minor things that needed fixing. He was always willing to help in anyway he could. You won't regret trusting Daniel's Design and Construction with your remodel.

Description of Work
We did a total remodel of our home. Knocked down walls, pushed out, redid kitchen, bathrooms, living space, etc. Daniel's design and construction handled every aspect of the remodel from the demolition to the rebuilding of everything to every minor detail.

07/06/2016

Adam B.

Mark at Daniel's was the most responsive of any contractor I've used They were all very professional and accomplished everything I asked Even though we had issues with permitting that was caused by the city. Daniel's hung in there and helped push the Project along wherever they could There were of course some change orders which were all approved by both parties and Mark was even able to add in some additional work for no charge. Good quality, honesty and professionalism lead to a happy customer Thanks to Mark, Ofer and everyone who helped build a great house that I'm very happy with Cheers

Description of Work
Daniel's did a complete conversion of a duplex into a single family residence Complete with exterior deck plus an addition in the back Everything was fully remodeled and taken down to the studs

Category remodeling, home builders

06/07/2016

Kendra K.

I've used Daniels before both on small and midsized jobs, but this job was larger in scale, and price, it was also a family members home. You can see by my ratings that I was thrilled by there work from start to finish. Mark the job coordinator is a great communicator and an honest straight type, and I give him and the whole company my utmost respect and appreciation for a job well done.

Description of Work
An addition, upkeep and repair, and various touchups.

Category contractors, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, flooring contractor, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, garage builders, home builders, woodworking, architect, stucco, home remodeling, house painters, driveway pavers, mudjacking, foundation repair, basement remodeling, mobile home remodeling, stamped concrete

06/03/2014

Janelle C.

My husband and I just bought our first home. We fell in love with the house itself, but we knew from the start that the kitchen and one of the bathrooms would need complete remodeling. After reading about Daniel's Design and construction, we decided to get a bid from them. Mark came to our house and explained everything that needed to be done step by step. We did get a few other bids just to compare pricing and timing, but we decided to go with Daniel's Construction. I think that was the best decision we could have made! Mark and his staff were with us every step of the way. They answered all of our questions and explained the process of the work being done. Any time we called them they answered our questions with clarity and patience. I really thought this would be a highly stressful time for us, but I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly things ran. From the demolition to the finished product, someone was always there supervising the work. There are a couple of other small projects we'd eventually like to take care of and we will definitely be contracting Daniel's Design and Construction again!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen and bathroom remodeling.

05/21/2014

Arindam B.

We found Daniels Design and Construction on Google and after reading reviews, we decided to give them a call. Mark was very prompt in his response and we met with him..... this was the start to our remodel/addition project. Both Mark and Ofer have been very professional in their service. I would say that our project was a fairly large one and it was a big step for us. We discussed with Mark and he seemed to understand our needs and was able to work with us well. He has been very prompt in responding to our needs at all times. When Mark was away on vacation, Ofer stepped in and made sure the project was not put on stop at any time. He is a gem of a person and looked after us really well. Overall the project was completed within the timeframe and budget as promised and they took care of everything from start to finish. We cannot really think of anything to complain about. They were both very good with problem solving, taking care of any issues that comes up in any project like this and made sure we were happy with the results. They have a great crew... we are very satisfied with the look and quality of the finished product. They took great care to attention to detail and made this journey very smooth for us! We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Addition of 2 story construction & remodel

03/31/2014

theresa L.

I am a real estate investor that has worked with several contractors in the past and have had some not so good experiences. I purchased the property about 8 months ago and it needed a lot of work. A friend of mine referred me to Daniels Construction as she had also had a great experience with them for her remodel. I was looking for a contractor with an eye for design and thats what I found with Daniels Construction. The job I had done was a two story addition and complete home remodel that included kitchen, two bathrooms, painting interior & exterior, flooring, windows, stucco. Since the initial meeting I felt confident that I was in the hands of someone who had knowledge and experience I was looking for. Before the project started we had a detailed job description itemizing every part of the job, an agreed payment schedule at each portion (once demo was complete, once foundation completed, once tiling completed, once fixtures complete, once whole job complete). The prices were reasonable, and Mark explained every part of it with me. I really appreciated that Mark took the time to help me with the overall vision of the design and work I wanted done. It was all done according to schedule time frame he had given me. Not to mention I was well informed of status of the job at all times. Mark was reliable and always available to answer any questions I had. I am very pleased with the finishing work the whole house looks amazing.

Description of Work
Complete home remodel, kitchen, bathrooms plus addition.

10/18/2013

Benjamin S.

Overall, I am very happy with my experience with Daniels' Construction. Their cost and time estimates were 100% accurate -- there were no surprises along the way. They came in on time and on budget. Their cost estimate was neither the most expensive nor the cheapest, but it was a very fair price for the job. Daniels added a 417-square foot family room to the back of our 1935 Spanish home. They also re-cut the interior to create a hallway. They demo'ed the original bathroom, and built two new bathrooms in its place. The whole project took approximately four months from beginning to end. Daniels' Construction crew were very professional, courteous and tidy. They showed up when they were supposed to, left when they were supposed to, and tried to keep chaos to a minimum. They employed excellent craftsmen for every step of the process; the foreman was very knowledgeable and responsive to our questions. He clearly took pride in his work. He was also a nice guy, which is something to keep in mind if you are doing a big project that will last for months on end. The finishing touches were top notch. We are especially happy with the plaster skim coat they added to the drywall throughout -- the material and craftsmanship of the addition looks just like the original house, which is exactly what we wanted. Their tile work in the new bathrooms was also exquisite; we picked out tiles that looked original to the house, and the Daniels' crew did an amazing job of applying them. They also helped us calculate the exact amount of tile we would need (which was very important, as the tiles were not cheap!). They also brought in a really talented carpenter to build bookshelves and cabinets for the addition. The job required a considerable amount of electrical, plumbing, and hvac work, and this all went without any problems. Were there any snags along the way? Of course, there always are. But Daniels' Construction made every effort to correct problems we encountered. They never tried to "sweep things under the rug." Overall, I feel they are an honest and forthright company. To sum it up, if I ever do any construction again, I will certainly give Daniels a call.

Description of Work
Daniel's Construction built a 417-square foot family room addition to our house. They also re-cut the interior of the house to allow for a new hallway, and they built two (2) new bathrooms for us.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, home builders, doors, drain cleaning

06/24/2013

Eugene C.

This was a large renovation project that spanned three months so we had to work together closely through changes and surprises. Ofer was always up front and honest about issues, made costs clear, and made every effort to come up with creative (and less expensive) solutions. During the bidding/scoping phase, Ofer worked with me to figure out what could be done within my budget without compromising our goals. His willingness to help me "value engineer" the project was one of the important factors that led me to select him out of several other contractors. As construction began, Ofer made a sincere effort to get the job done efficiently. We had a baby coming and Ofer assured me that the work would be done well before, with enough time for us to move in and prepare the house. He was also very conscious about keeping my pregnant wife away from dust and debris, which I appreciate. Throughout the project, I trusted Ofer and his team to work independently on my property. His workers were courteous, friendly, and as clean as you could expect on a construction site. Working with Ofer was a pleasure. He is a lighthearted soul but he takes his work very seriously. He really does care that his customers are happy and will work to make sure of it.

Description of Work
Renovation work throughout the house, including significant work remodeling the kitchen, overhauling the HVAC system, improving the floorplan, and various non trivial cosmetic features. The scope included electrical, plumbing, structural, and cosmetic.

03/27/2013

Ellery C.

Not interested in small jobs. The work I wanted performed was a small job, and I noticed as I searched Angie's List that some contractors listed minimum job size/price in their description. Daniel's Design did not, and seemed to have reviews for a few smaller jobs, so I called them up. They were nice on the phone. I described the work I was looking to have done, and that it was a pretty small job, not a full room remodel or anything of that scale. They said that was fine and sent someone out to give us an estimate. When the estimator came out, he told us that, honestly, they would give us a bid, but that it wouldn't be competitive because they normally don't do jobs this small. Not only did I find it rude that they'd waste our time by coming out to say this when they could have turned down the job over the phone, but six days later we still have not received the bid. Based on previous reviews, I was extremely surprised by this lack of professionalism. Unless you're going to be spending some serious money with these guys, apparently you shouldn't bother calling. We are working on a very tight turnaround to make upgrades in a newly purchased home before moving in, and Daniel's cost us precious time.

Description of Work
Wanted an estimate to turn a kitchen window into a door to the outside, and build a deck and stairs outside.

Category contractors, decks, remodeling, doors

Dear [member name removed], We would like to respond to your review & try to correct you on some facts that we think that you left out & some facts that are not exactly the way that you presented. Yes, you did call us & described the work you are looking to have done, and that it was a pretty small job "Kitchen window into a door to the outside, and build a deck and stairs outside." You just forgot to mention that you did not acquire the property yet. And when we arrived to the property for free the Estimate & Consultation, you were not there. And when we called to see if you on your way to meet with us, you told us that somebody will be there shortly. 10 min later your real estate agent showed up at the property, opened the house & did show us the window in the kitchen that you want to turn in to the door & build concrete landing 3 feet by 3 feet with 3 steps. No deck? Real estate agent was not aware of any plans for future deck. We did mention to him that the job is even smaller than you explained to us over the phone. And as Licensed, Bonded & Insured General Contractors we cannot do the job without permits. The width of the door was bigger than the window opening. By law, even if the width was same, because we would disturb the stucco waterproofing, we have to pull permits from the city of Lakewood & call for inspection during the project. The real estate agent was explaining to us that some handyman told him to keep the cost low they can do the job over the weekend, without permits. Obviously we told your real estate agent that we can not compete with handyman prices, especially if the way they pricing is without inspection & permits. Sorry you wasted your time, but our company cannot work outside the rules & regulations of the city's laws. Good luck with your project.

01/07/2013

Mike T.

Outstanding job! Daniel's Construction & Design got the work done responsibly, promptly, and with compassion for my budget. I am a realtor with over 30 years of experience in the industry. I have worked with many contractors over the years, both as an owner and as a realtor. I happened to be the owner on this project, and I must say that Mark of Daniel's Contruction & Design is clearly the Best! The following is a summary of my experiences: 1.) To begin with Mark was very upfront with me about what to expect. He went through the planning process with me, obtained the necessary permits and paperwork from the city, and knew what my options were. 2.) He understood construction, which became very apparent with the suggestions that he made, as I faced many unexpected challenges. His suggestions saved me lots of money. 3.) Mark was very prompt in returning phone calls, and he made me feel as though my job was his primary focus, even though he had other jobs going at the same time. 4.) Mark also has a good foreman,Chico, who knows what needs to be done to complete the job properly, so that you pass inspections and don't experience unnecessary delays in gettting your city permits. 5.) Mark was very conscientious about checking up on each job and following up on the quality of the work. 6.) The work crews were very courteous, arrived on time,cleaned up after themselves, and did outstanding work. 7.) Above all, I felt that I could trust Mark, and that he was there for me. In conclusion, I was very pleased with the work that Daniel's Construction & Design did, and I would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
This was a rental with lots of deferred maintenance. The work involved was very challenging and included the following: 1.) The deck had to be rebuilt and permitted. 2.) Wrought iron on the deck and upstairs balcony had to be supported properly and the spacing brought up to code. 3.) A chimney had to be removed and the wood siding behind it had to be repaired or replaced. 4.) A flashing leak on a 2nd chimney damaged the wood paneling in a bedroom. The paneling was removed and replaced with drywall. 5.) The city decided that the house also needed better drainage. So that initiated having the lot surveyed, and hiring an architect and a civil engineer to draw up plans for the drainage. Not an easy project, because the house was located on a hillside. Initially the city wanted us to install a sump pump, but because of good planning suggestions by Daniel's Construction & Design, we were able to complete our drainage with the proper placement of drains and gutters, and the pouring of cement walkways without the use of a sump pump. 6.) A kitchen was removed and replaced with a bedroom. 7.) A new redwood fence and gate were installed on the side of the house. 8.) Three new doors and hardware were installed inside the house. 9.) Two bedroom closets were repaired. New shelves and hanging rods were installed. 10.) Galvanized pipes were replaced with new copper pipes inside and outside the house. 11.) New plywood subflooring was installed in two bedrooms. 12.) Some new floor joists were installed under the house. 13.) The interior and exterior of the house was painted. 14.)New carpet, tile, and 3"base molding were installed throughout the house.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, fencing, gutter repair, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, structural engineer, architect, house painters, interior painters, doors