A. B. Mour Development

611 Veterans Blvd Ste 212

Redwood City, CA 94063

07/11/2017

Deanna B.

This was the second time we hired Alan for a project and we will certainly hire him again if something comes up in the future. Once again we were very pleased with the professionalism, communication and quality of work. We also appreciated Alan's suggestions and expertise. This is a rental house and we needed to put on a new roof, replace the old siding, replace 3 windows, and paint inside and out in less than a month so the new tenants could move in. Alan was able to schedule and complete everything on time. He coordinated well with the roofing company. Alan is excellent at communicating, providing updates, and was always available to discuss the project. He is great to work with. The quality of the finished product was excellent. The painting crew was not as diligent about clean up as we would have liked but, once we pointed something out, they took care of it promptly. We were very satisfied overall with the work and would highly recommend Alan for jobs both large and small.

Description of Work
Removed old siding, installed new siding and insulation. Removed and replaced 3 windows. Painted the interior and exterior of the house.

Category insulation, siding, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

07/23/2016

Giulia A.

Description of Work
A B Mour Development installed an entire drainage system from our back yard to the front yard to the curb area. This was a very detailed job that included one month of digging and hard labor. The job was completed on time, up to code by city permits and the workers were very polite. A B Mour has guaranteed their work and will revisit us in the winter when the rainy season arrives to ensure all the drainage is working properly. No more flooding! Thank you Alan & Crew!

09/23/2015

David R.

It went well. The work was done quickly and the price was affordable. Alan was very accommodating and helpful. We intend to use him again in the future. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repairs to window and wall, moldy drywall removal and replacement, custom bookshelf, install shower door, plumbing work, new bathroom sink, cabinet, and tiling.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

09/03/2015

Sally W.

They were professional, showed up on time, cleaned up when they left, and the cost was very reasonable. I will use their services again when I have another project in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom floor, installed new vanity, counter, fixtures in downstairs bathroom. Replaced sink and installed whisper lite fan in upstairs bathroom

07/20/2015

Sivasankaran C.

It was pretty okay.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General. Painting - Exterior. They did some exterior painting of doors, windows and fence.

Category remodeling, house painters

06/08/2015

Jonathan F.

Excellent service, very responsive, goes the extra mile

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

01/28/2015

Parviz K.

We had Very good experience and that is why we used him in our other projects. We do recommend him since we found him to be very experienced and an honest contractor.

Description of Work
I have been using A. B. Mour Development services in the past 11 years. Alan has done a magnificent job building seven custom homes in Menlo Park, Atherton and San Mateo area. If you are looking for an honest and detailed contractor, I highly recommend his level of skills and accomplishments. I have been using his expertise from the early stages of city planning, permit process all the way to the building of these homes. It is a pleasure working with him. Currently in contract to build another project in the city of Atherton.

Category home builders

12/18/2014

Mimi C.

Description of Work
Purchased package to repair drywall in a bedroom that had water damage from leaking roof. I had guests coming and needed it done fast. Moor Development was very responsive and did the work quickly; the wall looks perfect, and the workers were on time and very tidy. Because of this good experience, I asked Moor Development to arrange to have the exterior of my house painted, as well as the room with the wall damage. Again, Moor Development was amazingly fast in responding, and the workers were on time, the work was done with very high quality, and the result was excellent.

Category drywall, water damage restoration, house painters, interior painters

12/18/2014

Jim S.

Description of Work
They were very professional, on time, very clean and did high quality work. You get what you pay for with A.B Mour. Absolutely no complaints.

12/15/2014

David R.

It went very well. Alan was a professional throughout. When we hadn't fully thought through some of our ideas he had good advice. The workers made a concerted effort to clean the work site everyday. Alan made every effort to ensure that everything was done right the first time, and his quality control was excellent. During the shower work they had gotten to the point of almost finishing with the wall tiles. That's when I noticed, (I wasn't paying enough attention) that because of the required lining of mortar on the walls, the shower was going to smaller, 3-4 in total reduction in width and length. This made the shower very claustrophobic. Alan and I discussed the options and I decided that the width should be increased. Even though it would add an additional week and additional cost. Alan was very accommodating and the workers comments said a lot about their attitude, "No worries, only solutions". The new shower is fantastic! Modern, roomy, and comfortable. The deck came out great. Alan even arranged for one of his workers to help us unload the PackRat container so we could return it within one month so we wouldn't have to pay for an additional month. There is additional work that I will call on Alan for in the future.

Description of Work
Removed and discarded carpet in 3 bedrooms. Installed ceramic tile to match existing pattern in the 3 bedrooms. Repaired the wall around one window in one of the bedrooms, textured the walls in 3 bedrooms. Painted all 3 bedrooms. Each bedroom had a single wall painted in a different accent color. Added support in the ceiling for owner installed ceiling fans. Demoed the Master Shower and replaced with ceramic tile on the walls and a pebble floor. Replaced the shower fixture in the Master bath. Sanded the existing redwood deck and repainted.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, deck cleaning, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

12/12/2014

Kathy H.

They contacted me right away to let me know that they couldn't perform service until February, which was too long for us. They were at least very professional in how promptly they responded. We were disappointed, because we were really looking forward to working with them!

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for general contracting work.

Category contractors, picture framing, doors

12/07/2014

Christian G.

Great. We will work with Alan on our next project. The only reason I rated price at a B is because really good, high value work such as Alan provides isn't cheap, but it is worth it. This is not a ding on Alan, just the truth. Note that the price above is for services, and does not include tub, fixtures and tile, etc.(materials)

Description of Work
Primary job was a complete redo of bathroom (down to studs) which required all trades such as structure and framing, electrical, custom carpentry, plumbing, tile, paint, etc. Plus, new front entry door, 2x rooms of LED down lighting with a set of scones, the removal of a door way which required blending of plaster work and legacy (1920's) molding.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, structural engineer, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

12/06/2014

John F.

Alan is fantastic. He really went out of his way to help us. The team was on time, polite and very clean. Alan was super-responsive over email which is important for me as I travel a lot for work and email communication is essential.

Description of Work
Alan helped us on on multiple areas: our bathroom, kitchen doors and general advice on smaller issues

02/03/2014

HOWARD F.

At first, we were going to remodel our kitchen. Alan and another contractor were invited to bid on the project. I received a bid from the other contractor and it was clear our budget would not allow us to proceed with a full remodel. I liked Alan and we asked him to prep our kitchen for the installation of multiple appliances which was within our budget. Alan quoted a price and performed the work. When we asked him for a requote based on our belief that the work done appeared to be less involved than initially thought when the bid was initially provided, he graciously agreed to do so. He did a good job at a fair price and we are very satisfied. When it is time to do our master bath, we anticipate inviting him to participate in the bidding process

Description of Work
Alan prepped our kitchen for our appliance installation.

12/13/2013

Don S.

We are still in process; the job will not be done until after the first of the year. He gave me an idea and then he supplied the detailed one and we met and went over some details on the job. It went very good; there were no problems whatsoever. The price and the professionalism of Allen that did the assessment.

Description of Work
A. B. Mour Development gave us a quote and I hired them. They will be remodeling our bathroom.

12/09/2013

Patti S.

It was an true pleasure working with Alan. He and his crew did an excellent work on all aspects of the project. Alan did a great job of staying engaged and providing regular updates throughout the project. The work was completed within the timeline that he had committed too and I was very happy with the end product. I would absolutely use AB Mour Development again in the future.

Description of Work
Demo counter tops and remove appliances, install granite kitchen counter tops , installed new appliances, painted 4 rooms, replace bathroom vanity & fixtures, misc. electrical and plumbing.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

12/06/2013

Hinda C.

Overall Alan and his team did a great job remodeling my kitchen. The kitchen was a full remodel, down to the studs and rebuild. Alan helped navigate some of the challenges that one finds when opening walls of a mid-century house. If I were to give one ding, sometimes there were failures in communication. Alan wasn't always on site to see what his team did. With that being said, he was very responsive when any questions or issues arose.

Description of Work
Remodeled the kitchen.

10/28/2013

Deanna B.

Alan gets our highest rating for diagnostics, problem solving, and professionalism. His work was methodical, the end result was excellent, and we very much appreciated his considerable efforts to keep the costs down. We will absolutely use his services again and highly recommend him and his team. We had two projects and Alan completed both of them. Our upstairs bathroom had a soft floor near the shower which turned out to be due to water damage. However, the source of the water was not clear. One contractor suggested we demo the entire bathroom and remodel it for $35k-$50k. Another suggested that he could spray something to slow the dry rot. Only Alan suggested starting by identifying the source of the leak. After eliminating several possibilities, I made a couple of suggestions which Alan rejected as "too expensive". Finally, he opened the outside wall to expose the plumbing and there found the source of the leak. He made the repair and when the wall was closed up, the stucco repair was flawless. Our downstairs exterior door from the laundry room gets heavy weather during storms. Over the years water had come in and the floor was damaged with dry rot. The original contractor made several attempts to make the door water tight but was unable to do so. A specialist in weather stripping declined the job as impossible. I suggested to Alan that we might need a new door but he rejected that option as "too expensive". With a new threshold, and by making the door close more tightly, he solved the problem at minimum cost. Alan and his workers were very responsive, prompt, and professional. Highest marks.

Description of Work
Identified the cause and source of a bathroom leak, fixed the problem, then repaired the floor damage. Also made an exterior door water tight after other contractors were unable to do so.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Thank you so much sir. It is my duty to help customers solve their problem. Clients like yourself motivate me to deliver a project as if it was my own.

09/30/2013

Davis H.

The contractor (Alan) was very responsive and professional, went over the planned work in detail and kept me informed about the schedule and progress (including prompt updates about a minor delay or two). The jobs may have been relatively straightforward, but they proceeded well, were completed on schedule and resulted in a nicely finished look.

Description of Work
Stucco house wall where an attached deck had been removed. Replace damaged wood siding on a gable end of the house.

Category remodeling

07/25/2013

Charles M.

It worked out very well. We scheduled them around our vacation. He actually came first of May and gave us an estimate because we wanted more work done. We were very satisfied with him and his work. They were very professional. He seem to be very honest. We were especially pleased with the workers, they were very accommodating to our needs, they seem to be highly skilled. We really were impressed with the work that they did and he kept a check on them, which I really liked. For the amount of work that they did and everything I would say that their price was pretty accurate. They are very responsive. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used A. B. Mour Development big deal purchase towards end of May. They painted a hallway and a bedroom for us and they also did the plastering work and it needed plastering work before the painting and we have waited quite a while in order to do that so when I saw the deal online then I decided to go and the recommendations and I read a lot of the recommendations and everything that he had.

Category plastering, remodeling, interior painters

06/14/2013

Jo A.

I have been a project manager for a major retailer opening new stores for 15 years and have considerable experience of Contractors. Even as experienced as I am, I was surprised by the responsiveness, quality and integrity of Alan Mour the General Contractor. He has to be the most organized, efficient Contractor I have ever worked with We pretty much knew from careful pre-planning what we wanted done during the project but as with all things there are unforeseen issues that cause change. Changes in scope were dealt with efficiently and Alan was always available with practical sensible suggestions. I would have absolutely no hesitation recommending Alan and his great crew. I never though I would be saying "Great" and "Contractor" in the same sentence but they deserve all the praise possible for making the process pain free and almost enjoyable!! Excellent job!

Description of Work
The Contractor worked from a very detailed scope of work on our house to get it ready to sell. He replaced windows, refitted the kitchen, installed new appliances, painted the entire house inside and out. Replaced the entry walkway with river stone tile that looks absolutely stunning. They built new decking and entry stairway to garden and sheet rocked the entire garage area refitted the laundry area adding a new sink and faucets. The house is looking stunning and is in move in condition for the new owner.

Category decks, drywall, glass repair, lawn service, plumbing, remodeling, pavers, gravel, replacement windows, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

04/16/2013

Petra T.

When I contacted Alan initially I was lucky enough that he had time for my small bathroom remodel very quickly, he started within 2 weeks. It has been a great pleasure working with Alan for many reasons. Alan is punctual, his quote was reasonable, the work was done well and in a very professional manner. Alan has been very helpful and patient with changes of idea halfway into the project and ad-ons after the work was completed. He is very creative in making things work, which is quite a challenge in such a small space. Alan is always cheerful, happy to help and courteous. I also appreciate the fact Alan speaks spanish fluently (among other languages) and converses with the spanish speaking members of his crew courteously and in whole sentences, so there is no risk of miscommunications.

Description of Work
The bathroom I wanted to remodel involved replacing a vanity with a wall-mounted sink, replace a prefab shower stall with an open shower, hang a wall mounted cabinet and fix plumbing issues with the toilet that had been bothering us for years that previous contractors had not been able to correct. All this had to be done without damaging the existing floor tiles as I really like them but have no spare tiles. Thanks to the care Alan and his crew took, the new bathroom is beautiful and not a single tile has been scratched.

Category custom cabinets, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

11/27/2012

Melanie R.

Alan was referred to me by our very trustworthy realtor; Alan had done work for his associate and came highly recommended. He invited me to look at previous work he had done, which I did?it was beautifully done. We discussed the project and he provided me a detailed estimate and did not exceed it even though some of the touch-up/repair work went a bit above and beyond the scope of the project - reinforcing our sink, replacing the hinges to some of the cabinet doors that I my clumsiness had sprung. He made sure the electrical outlets were up to code, touched up cabinets and painted the kitchen walls above the counters. After the initial removal of the counter tops, we went out of town and Alan and his fabricator/crew finished the installation while we were away. He sent daily updates and, when the job was finished, sent pictures of the finished project. Beautiful. Alan was always prompt, professional and personable in his responses; he was timely, did excellent work, and thoroughly cleaned up after himself and his crew. We have every intention of using him again for further projects and recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
Alan replaced our tile countertops with granite. He advised on and assisted in the selection of materials, as well.

Category countertops, electrician, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is because of good people like yourself, that I get motivated every morning to give it my best. I am happy that you are satisfied. Any construction related concerns please feel free to contact me for free consultation.

11/26/2012

Baharak H.

Excellent workmanship. I was very happy with the work they did in my kitchen and bathroom.

Description of Work
Had a great experience with this contractor. He was punctual, professional and very clean. I do recommend this contractor and will use him in the future. He delivered everything he had promised. The kitchen and the bathroom was done in timely manner and the workmanship exceeded my expectation. His price was more reasonable than the other four bids I got before deciding to go with him.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

10/17/2012

Baharak H.

He was on time and the job was done in timely manner. I was very satisfied with the workmanship.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation Bathroom renovation