EWELL CONSTRUCTION

Founded 1972 • With Angi since June 2006

2911 WEST 182ND ST

Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Ewell Construction has developed and preserved long-term relationships with clients by understanding their need, maintaining our reputation of excellence and honesty while creating quality and timely solutions. For the last 40 years the majority of our workforce has come from referrals which is a

07/13/2016

Harvey K.

We were very pleased with the company. Darrell Ewell is knowledgeable and highly experienced. His prices are very fair. The workers were always punctual and worked diligently in a professional manner. We discovered a serious defect in our building, which they repaired for us. We would highly recommend Ewell Construction as a contractor for your project(s). The entire project included waterproofing below ground on three sides of our three level condo building, installing drains, installing a parallam beam, and replacing the concrete walkway. The workers were punctual, courteous, and very skilled.

Description of Work
Waterproofing to prevent future leaks in rainstorms.

Category concrete repair

07/05/2016

dawn C.

Before finding Ewell, we had new stairs, a porch, and a landing built on a 3 story building. Some of the stucco had to be removed to install the new stringers. We contacted Ewell to remove enough stucco to get back to where there was good paper and to then replace the stucco. As well, they put new stucco on the entire underside of the new stairs and the new support posts and around windows we had replaced. They applied flashing and waterproofed the topside. They were doing such a good job, we had them replace plaster that we had removed on the interior. Darrell came out to give us the estimate, which we received quickly. He was always available to answer any questions we had. He never seemed to be in a hurry to leave or like we were bugging him with our questions (and we had a lot). Meno and his crew showed up on time, worked efficiently, did great work, and left the job site clean everyday. The girls in the office, Ana and Jazmin, are very proficient and helpful. Overall, we are so pleased with their work that we are getting ready to start a 21 window replacement, siding replacement, and a rear stair rebuild with Ewell this month on the same building. We are also going to use them for a 2nd story deck rebuild with waterproofing at another building when we are done with this project.

Description of Work
Stucco replacement and new stucco, plaster patching, deck waterproofing

Category decks, plastering, stucco

01/08/2016

WILLIAM M.

Category concrete repair, fencing

12/18/2014

Mary Lou D.

Description of Work
He came to see the property but never send the price quote.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

10/08/2014

Larry V J.

Description of Work
I have used them on several occasions. It has been a few years so I don't have the details at hand. But one of the jobs was repairing a shower stall and the plumbing. The other involved fixing a crack in a second floor concrete porch that was causing a leak in a lower room. The other was redoing the flashing in a wall adjacent to the garage that was causing a leak. All the jobs went very well, they were punctual, did the work in a professional manner and the costs were within reason and within the estimates. When I have structual issues involving water leaks and such Ewell is the contractor I will use. My experience with Ewell construction has been very good and I would definitly recommend them and use them again.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

[member name removed], thank you for being such a loyal customer. Our business continues to flourish due to clients such as yourself. We look forward to working together again soon and thank you for your continued loyalty!

10/07/2013

Mary M.

Great responsiveness. Property is a rental in a different state than where I live, so had to coordinate a time when I could fly in. They were very accommodating w/ my schedule. The work was completed on time and looks great. A little pricier than I would have liked, but otherwise good work.

Description of Work
Replaced about a 10' x 3' strip of concrete walkway.... included removing part of fence, backfilling dirt that had eroded away, installation of rebar, repour and put fence back together.

Category concrete repair, fencing, hardscaping

We completely understand how valuable your time is and are happy to accommodate all our customers! Working for you was a pleasure and we look forward to hearing from you again soon. Thank you for taking time to review us, we are pleased to hear you are satisfied with our work.

01/21/2012

Tina S.

I did not call back for my estimate. He could have told me when he was at my house that he was leaving for vacation and would not be able to get me the estimate right away and would that be okay or he could have worked up the estimate before he left. I do give him credit for at least being professional enough to admit he screwed up and apologize.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate and Darrell came out within 24 hours to look at the job. I needed a 4 foot retaining wall replaced. The current one was falling down. This was on a Thursday and he told me I would have the estimate next week. 2 weeks later he left a voice message on my machine telling me that he went on vacation and forgot to do my estimate and if I still wanted it to let him know.

Category hardscaping

We strive for excellence in customer satisfaction and we apologize if we did not meet those expectations. Our company values honesty and we are glad that we were able to share that with you. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration. Thank you for your review.

02/03/2011

WILLIAM M.

A two-man team worked for several hours, one inside the house looking for water leaking in, and one outside spraying water at isolated points on the roof and balcony. They uncovered several unexpected places where rainwater could pool and cause the interior leaks.

Description of Work
Detected source of leak that occurs when it rains.

Category water damage restoration, earthquake retrofitting

We appreciate your review and are pleased to hear how satisfied you are with our work. We're grateful to have such wonderful relationships with our customers and look forward to working together again in the near future.

12/07/2010

Judith W.

We had some difficulties with members of the work crew. Then, nine months later, we discovered a can of some roofing material still on our roof. They removed some portions of the roof and didn't put it back up. There was several little issues that became a problem. The owner is very, very good though. He followed up with us, and made sure things were done better in the end. His crews needed more supervision. We probably wouldn't use them again.

Description of Work
They came to repair our upstairs deck patio.

Category decks, earthquake retrofitting

We're glad we were given the opportunity to show you how important your satisfaction is to us. We appreciate feedback from our customers and take it very seriously. We understand how valuable your time is and we thank you for reviewing us.

11/08/2010

Kelly M.

excellent. adjusted his lunches around my baby's naps. professional and good quality work.

Description of Work
demolition of concrete steps, pour new concrete steps. install pipes for drainage.

Category concrete repair

Working with you was a great pleasure and we thank you for reviewing us. Knowing that our customers are completely satisfied and would use us again is of great value to us. We appreciate your review and look forward to working together again.

11/17/2009

Chakalit H.

I had had several contractors come and give me estimates. All of the others were way out of my budget range by several thousand dollars. Ewell Construction came out and check the work needed and found a much more economical way of doing the needed repairs. They even primed all the new wood even though they knew I was going to have the painting done by another company. They arrived at least 15 minutes before their start time of 7 a.m. and worked a full 8 hours if not more. I couldn't be happier with both the job they did and the price I paid.

Description of Work
They repaired/replaced all of the wood trim on three buildings that had either termite and/or water damage. They also replaced a section of damaged roof over the dining room and another section of roof over the garage.

Category roofing, water damage restoration, woodworking

Doing a great job and making sure it's cost effective for our customers is extremely important to us. We always strive to do what is best for our valued customer and are grateful you were able to benefit from that. We appreciate your review and look forward to working together again in the near future.

03/16/2009

Brandi R.

The price turned out cheaper in the end than what I originally thought. They cleaned the mess and were so good that I didn't notice they were here. We are enjoying our new patio.

Description of Work
They specialize in flexible rubber surfacing and I got them to put down a whole new surfaced water proof deck on my front patio.

Category decks

Accommodating our customers is always first on our list. We're pleased to hear you felt valued while our work was being done and that it seemed as if we "weren't even there". We always strive to make sure the customer is as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your review!

08/21/2006

JOE K.

Never responded to work inquiry.

Description of Work
None.

Category water damage restoration

We're sorry to hear this happened, however we can not find a work inquiry from you. We always strive for excellence in customer satisfaction and are sorry you did not experience that. We thank you for your review.

07/27/2006

PAULA S.

This company does very nice work & has been helpful in responding to problems that inevitably arise during construction projects. They are very knowledgeable & experienced in waterproofing & are willing to tackle condos, which other contractors seem to avoid.

Description of Work
Ewell Construction conducted a water test to find out how water was entering as exterior wall. Ewell then devised a plan to fix leaking areas, which included waterproofing 2 large windows. They removed stucco around the windows, installed waterproofing paper, etc, rebuilt the moldings around the windows, restuccoed, & painted. They also dug out & sealed a large planter box.

Category basement waterproofing

We're very pleased to know you would hire us again. We always strive for complete customer satisfaction and will continue to use our expertise to help our valued customers. We loved working for you and appreciate you taking the time to give us a good review.

06/28/2006

PAULA S.

Ewell Construction did very nice work and was very knowledgeable about a problem many contractors seem unsure about--namely exterior waterproofing. The owner is personable, patient in explaining his approach, and responsive in resolving problems that arose. Work teams were punctual, courteous, and quite tidy. The problems we had with this company had to do with estimates and billing. During the course of the job there were two significant errors in these areas. The first was that our contract did not, apparently, cover all the doors that had to be fixed and we had to pay a couple of thousand more dollars for necessary adjustments. The second problem was that at the end of the job a bill with some $4000+ in erroneous charges was submitted. Although this was later corrected to only $175 it was a stressful surprise. Overall I would recommend the company but suggest careful attention both to a workable initial contract and bills for work done. Except for these problems I would have rated t

Description of Work
Our condo building had defects (especially poor waterproofing at the base of the exterior walls and sliding patio doors at the same level with the patios which allowed water to come in during rains). Ewell Construction raised 5 patio doors, installed waterproofing measures at the base of the doors and waterproofed the entire length of one side of our building at the bottom of the wall by first breaking stucco, then repairing rotted wood framing, installing waterproofing measures, restuccoing, and then painting the exterior. In addition Ewell installed a waterproof coating on 4 patios.

Category contractors, water damage restoration, stucco, house painters, doors

Darrell, the owner of our company values his relationships and we are pleased to hear your experience with him. He is "personable, patient in explaining his approach, and responsive in resolving problems that arose." What a wonderfully truthful description of him, we are grateful you took the time to review us and thank you for your kind words.

Aff Construction

We specialize in drywall/sheet rock, plaster and stucco. Installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

PULU&Sons

We specialize in concrete services, repairs, pouring, leveling, driveways, walkways, stamped patios, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Carroll Painting

We are a family owned and operated painting and pressure washing company. Our company has been in our family for 30 years. We strive to have the best customer service and treat your project like it was our own. We specialize in interior and exterior painting, stucco repairs, and we do all of our own carpentry work. We offer free estimates! Call us today !

Award 2022
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Ewell Construction provides quality tile installation for residential & commercial buildings and homes, as well as repairs & restoration in bathrooms, kitchens, floors, fireplaces, interiors, & exteriors. We are qualified to use all types of materials such as travertine, marble, granite, slate, mosaics, glass, terra-cotta, ceramic, & porcelain tiles. Also, water testing, leak detection, waterproofing, room additions, earthquake retrofitting, etc.