Appliance Guard

Founded 1985 • With Angi since July 2009

4.1

2006 Warfield Ave Unit B Redondo Beach

Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Appliance Guard has been serving the Southbay and Orange County area for over 20 years now. We stand behind our strong skills in repair and in customer service. This business was started on the emphasis of providing clients quality repairs at competitive pricing. We have succeeded in achieving our

10/18/2019

Monica L.

Tech was kind but incompetent. Was given a time window of 1-4, tech showed up at 5:30. Spent a long time looking at his phone, which made me think he was looking up instructions. Took almost 2 hours and me asking him very specific questions to get a possible diagnosis and an estimate of cost (200-400$). Played phone tag for the next 2 days, then got an email with a projected cost of $700. Did not have any confidence that I was in experienced hands. Because this company contacted me of their own initiative Triggered by my angies list search, it makes me want to stop using angies list.

Description of Work
Diagnostics and repair of a 10yr old Bosch dishwasher

09/05/2018

Susan T.

Boris came and cleaned it, new thermostat installed and freon added. The next day it was still not cooling. He came back, put another new thermostat in and again added freon. Second visit no charge. Working well ever since. This is a built in Sub zero, more cost effective to repair it than replace it.

Description of Work
Repair of sub zero fridge

12/15/2016

Julie B.

I've called upon Appliance Guard a couple of times now (for a potential refrigerator problem and this oven problem) and both times the technician has been on time, called 15 minutes prior to arriving (like the main office said they would) and fixed the problem quickly. In the case of the fridge 'issue' it was pointed out that I didn't close the freezer door properly and the overnight frost created the problem. They explained the problem, checked everything out while they were there and gave me some valuable advice on the care and info on the fridge. It was simply a $40 charge for the house call. The oven igniter issue was diagnosed quickly and neatly repaired within an hour. I thought the charges were reasonable for the work. I would definitely use them again and recommend them again.

Description of Work
Diagnose and fix a ignitor/burner problem on my Viking standing range.

10/05/2015

STEVEN F.

Same day service, problem fixed in time slot scheduled. Coordination by Mike, service by Yuri. Ice dispenser on 2 year-old LG French Door refrigerator. Price seemed reasonable. It was less than the fixed price through LG repairs.

Description of Work
Fix ice dispenser on LG refrigerator.

08/21/2015

Wanda G.

Description of Work
Date of service 7-14-15.

01/12/2015

Heather S.

The technician did not arrive within the appointment window and I received no phone call alerting me that they would be late. I had to call dispatch to find out what happened and was only then told they were "running behind". While Michael was professional and pleasant on the phone, this does not help when one is taking time off work to meet their appointment window. The technician was not helpful or very knowledgeable and his accent was so thick he was difficult to understand. Upon completing the remodel of my kitchen, my contractor had reinstalled the dishwasher in such a way that it was not level - the top rack would slide out on its own every time the door was opened and would not stay in place when loading the bottom rack. I explained when booking the appointment that I needed to have the dishwasher leveled. The Appliance Guard technician repeatedly told me that the dishwasher was properly installed ("a good install") and level (but only after he had to borrow a level from my husband as he didn't have one). He told me that the top rack SHOULD slide out like that and that's how the dishwasher was made. Seriously? I have had this dishwasher for some years and it the top rack never just slid out on its own. The technician said it was supposed to be like that and that it "wasn't so bad". He offered (and started) to "bend" the rack for me (Seriously?) but there wasn't anything else he could do. This cost me the service call fee of $35, which is better than most, but this was definitely a case of "you get what you pay for". I immediately called another appliance company who, after shaking their heads at the poor installation and the even more humorous assessment that the dishwasher was level , leveled the dishwasher with shims and feet adjustment, (no it wasn't level), properly secured it to the cabinets (with two screws rather than one) and all in about 10 minutes. The top rack no longer slides out on its own! Maybe I just got a bad technician (his name badge said Michael) on a bad day, but I would not ever use this company again.

Description of Work
Contacted to level dishwasher improperly installed after kitchen renovation.

10/23/2014

kim H.

He came all the way to my new home in Artesia. He found damaged gaff coils and had to install a valve kit. He fixed it and it is still running. He even gave me a 20% discount on my labor so my dryer was up and running for only $156.00. Boris is the nicest person. They are very prompt, professional and friendly. Most importantly they are not trying to hose you.

Description of Work
The gentleman's name is Boris. I had used him at my old house and left a magnet on my dryer. I called him right away because I knew who he was.

07/01/2013

Michael R.

He always does a good job, he has fixed my dryer in the past as well. He arrived prepared and knew what he had to do and got it done just right. He was friendly and knowledgeable in his field of work.

Description of Work
Washer was not draining completely and they repaired that.

12/04/2012

Tella K.

Michael fom Appliance Guard said he could send somebody, maybe two people, to install a built-in gas oven. He'd give a one-day notice. After not hearing back from him, I called and talked to a person who said he was a dispatcher. Michael didn't contact me. I called again after a few days and Michael was rude and said he didn't have a second person to accompany the installer.

Description of Work
A built-in gas oven was to have been installed.

11/03/2011

Dian K.

see above

Description of Work
A technician named Boris came to my house to give estimates and/or repair my GE cooktop and Maytag dryer. I believed the problem with the dryer was the timer, but I was not sure what the trouble was with my cooktop. I only knew one of the gas burners was not lighting or working properly. I was informed of the $35 initial fee for the call, and another $10 would be required for him to look at a second appliance. The technician arrived on time and was very polite. I paid him $45 for the service call, as I did not have him repair my dryer or my cooktop. He told me my cooktop was too old for him to fix, and I could light the burner by lighting another burner simultaneously (which did work, but was not the answer I was looking for). He told me the problem with the dryer was the timer (which I had already diagnosed myself) and wanted to charge me $100 for the part and then another $100 for installation. I knew the price for the part was too high as I was able to find it on the website Repairclinic.com and could purchase the part and pay for shipping for less than $100. Which is exactly what I did. I was also able to purchase the parts for my cooktop and repair it too. Now they both work great! Although I knew the service call price could not be changed, I wish I would have had more faith in myself to have completed the work in the first place. I would have saved $45 which I felt was wasted.

05/20/2011

vincent B.

Boris was the technician to respond to my call. He was very professional and didn't mind that I observed him as he worked. He answered all my questions. He was able to narrow the problem down and fixed it very quickly. He kept the work area clean and put everything back the way it was. He did not deviate from his original quote. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They fixed my dryer.

GC Heating & Cooling Inc

We exclusively provide live online booking available on our mobile friendly website 24hrs/day. We specialize in air conditioning and furnace system maintenance and repairs by our award winning service technicians. Other specialties include, installing high efficient central heating and air conditioning systems. We are able to provide installations with no money down and low monthly payments though property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing programs. Call us today for your free in home consultation, Family owned and operated. Serving Los Angeles and Orange County for over 15 years.

Trinity Appliance Services

We make your convenience our main goal as we ensure that your appliances are performing at their best. Trinity Appliance Services is oriented on your complete satisfaction with the final result of our work. We only use Original Parts with our Repairs. We are here to help you! We are an essential business which is on duty 24/7 365 days a year. We wear face masks, gloves and special uniform during Pandemic Covid-19 for your safety.

2022 Super Service Award

Temp Air System, Inc.

We’ve been around since 2002 and our staff has over 20 years of experience in the field. We're knowledgeable, fully trained on a full range of HVAC products, maintenance and technology. We offer professional services and quality work because your home is the place where you should be able to breathe easy and be comfortable, no matter what time of the year it is! Aside from offering excellent services, we also offer a wide range of high technology and innovative HVAC products. When you work with Temp Air System Inc., you’ll find products that may be more efficient and overall reduce your utility costs. We make sure you're 100% satisfied and that we are 100% prepared – that’s experience you can count on! Whether you need heating or cooling services such as repair and maintenance or you need to replace your HVAC system, we’re ready to help. We offer financing at zero money down and zero interest. Payments as low as $149 for new system! (WAC) Please call us for full details!

Service Call waived upon repair

We offers repair services for (large) kitchen appliances such as Fridges, Freezers, Ranges, Ovens, Washers, Dryers, Trash compactors, Garbage disposals, Dishwashers, A/C units

We DO NOT offer repair services on small appliances such as Toasters, Blenders, Waffle makers, Coffee makers