Hughes Construction

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2009

Hughes Construction is a remarkable construction and remodeling firm, serving Northern California since 2007. Our projects have been recognized locally and statewide. We work with the areas’s finest Architects and Interior Designers. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured company that specializes in developing residential homes or general contracting any structure. We do use subcontractors on our jobs who are all licensed and insured. We give free estimates on all jobs. We also specialize in trades such as: fencing, finish carpentry, framing, painting, tile work, and any repair work needed....

EXCEED PAINTING

At Exceed Painting , our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our team is committed to meeting those needs. We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service. No job is too big or too small for our experienced team. Call today for a quote

Dan's Painting

Customer satisfaction is what determines our success, which is why we take a hands-on approach. When interacting with Dan's Painting, you will notice that we are particularly focused on quality work, timely completion, competitive pricing, and integrity in all our business dealings. We combine knowledge with our extensive practical experience to ensure a specialized approach for your any of your painting needs. Contact us today we look forward to adding you to our long and growing list of happy customers!

Perfect World Painting, Inc.

Perfect World Fixture Installing, Inc. is dedicated to excellence in all facets of prefabricated equipment and fixture installations. We provide the highest quality of craftsmanship in all of our projects. We pride ourselves in our ability to turn our clients into friends. Our knowledgeable staff will be an advantage to you as we work closely together.

02/23/2018

When looking for a custom home builder in the Redding area I came across Hughes Construction. The one thing that made me call him was other reviews on how well Shane communicates. I can say that I have had a great experience with Shane and that of all the subs that I have contacted for my custom home Shane was the best communicator of them all. It’s nice to have a contractor that wants your business enough that they keep you up to date with where they are in the bidding process. If anyone reading this is having problems staying in the loop with their contractor I suggest you call Hughes construction. You won’t be disappointed.

Description of Work
Custom home construction

Category remodeling,woodworking

11/18/2017

LOVE the finished product. Shane was easy to work with and Josh did a stellar job! Thank you guys!

Description of Work
We had a water leak and it turned into an entire kitchen remodel.

Category ceramic tile,countertops,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

08/19/2017

Hughes Construction did an AMAZING job. Out of ALL the local contractors I contacted they were the only ones who were honest, competent, courteous and followed through. They knew exactly how to fix it and now I dont have to worry about mold or water damage when the rain arrives. And when they were done, they washed all the windows too! The other contractors left me high and dry. Their prices are fair and they are trustworthy. I plan to hire them again when it's time to do the whole house remodel. Thank you Hughes Construction!

Description of Work
I have a sunroom attached to my living room that was starting to leak in several places. It was particularly tricky to fix due to its location and difficulty accessing it outside.

Category remodeling

01/31/2017

I was very please with their accuracy and skill level. The crew was very professional and worked like a well oiled machine. Yes, there was one critical error, but their correction was dead on prefect and I received exactly what I wanted.

Description of Work
Backyard covered patio and cement pad.

Category concrete repair,remodeling,siding,woodworking

09/08/2016

A very professional contractor and crew. Work performed as described, on time and excellent quality with finished product. Will use again for any of our future needs!

Description of Work
Repaired major water damage to home interior, including drywall, flooring, paint, carpet and padding, doors, base boards, trim and insulation.

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,insulation,remodeling,water damage restoration,home builders,woodworking,interior painters,doors

07/22/2015

Had five contractors bid, two did not get back to me. Hughes came back in the middle, but in talking with them they were very professional and I got a positive feeling about them so we decided to go with them. It was a major remodel including tearing off the roof of half the house. We were impressed how they made sure that we were the least inconvienced as possible; things like water and electricity were back on each day before they left. Each day the also did a clean-up, and as my wife is OCD about cleanliness it made the process much more bareable. (We stayed at home the whole time.) Change orders were done with no problem and also without inflating the price of the change order as we have experienced in the past. Shane made suggestions along the way which also helped us end up with a better than expected result. My wife and I appreciated the coniuned communication throughout the process, we were kept posted all along the way. They had a great combination of being friendly, yet were always very professional and their work showed it. I would, and have already, recommend Hughes Construction without hesitation!

Description of Work
Remodeled house, addition/livingroom/kitchen/bathroom/dining room

Category ceramic tile,remodeling,home remodeling

07/15/2015

There were cracks in the cement after the old carpet was taken out. It's worrisome because it might be structural, so Hughes was called and he came over right at the time of our appointment and gave the quote. The repair was right on schedule.

Description of Work
fix cement cracks

Category concrete repair

05/06/2015

Hughes Const was referred to me by another contractor (prior to joining Angie's List today). Shane Hughes contacted me within a day of the referral and arrangements were made for him to come to my home and inspect the job. The job entailed repairing the skirting around my home which had been damaged by squirrels. The squirrels had eaten through some soft boards and then torn up some of the vents. The damage was also caused by not having storm gutters on the roof. I had just had the storm gutters installed so wanted to continue the improvements by having the skirting repaired and repainted. Shane examined the damage and carefully answered all my questions. He gave me an estimate of the cost which I felt was very reasonable. We talked about schedules. I explained that I would be out of town during the next week, but would not mind if he wanted to complete the work while I was away. As it turned out, his crew was available during my absence. He called me the night before as we had discussed and let me know that they would be at my home the next morning. When I returned it was so wonderful to pull in my driveway and see that the repairs were completed and the skirting looked so fabulous! I was very pleased. Mr. Hughes left the bill for the work with my son. It was exactly the amount that he had said it would be. I do not like construction surprises. I am so pleased that this repair work was done timely and for exactly the amount as contracted for. NO SURPRISES!!

Description of Work
Really, really well

Category insulation,siding,foundation repair

04/08/2015

The repair went very well. Shane and Dave were professional, courteous, knowledgeable. The work they had to do was outside repair work, under the house etc. They climbed under the house, stayed during a cloud burst and hail storm, got soaking wet working under a cutter that could do handle all of the rain coming down. The only thing we did to help them was offer something hot to drink. We expected them to come the next day after the rain cleared up, but they stayed and worked until they were to wet to deal with it. This is an awesome company and plan to use them again in the near future. GREAT service and work!!!!!

Description of Work
Repaired termite damage on the foundation of our home.

Category pest control,foundation repair

02/24/2015

It went well, he worked directly with my insurance company, was onsite all the time, always available by phone, text or email.

Description of Work
Worked with my insurance company to complete a new construction home that was lost due to fire. House was a total loss, including foundation. New slab was poured and house was built.

Category concrete repair,water damage restoration,home builders

Remodels & New Construction. Fencing, Finish Carpentry, Framing, Painting, Tile Work.

Carpet & vinyl installation. Flooring sales.