Rancho Santa Margarita Lock & Safe-RSM Lock

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2005

14 San Ricardo

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

FOR A QUICKER RESPONSE, PLEASE CALL OVER EMAILING...THANK YOU! For over 20 years, RSM Lock & Safe Inc. has served the Rancho Santa Margarita, California area with a commitment to service and value. We appreciate your interest and look forward to earning your business. Established in 1987 as Rancho

07/22/2020

Nancy G.

The locksmith dismantled the lock, removed the broken key and replaced the lock. He also lubricated the lock. It now works fine.

Description of Work
The key broke off in the lock, and I couldn't get it out.

04/09/2019

Wallie Maria M.

He was very punctual and I received a call before, to advise me of his arrival. The work was done in a professional manner. I will definitely hire them again! Great job!

Description of Work
Re- keyed 3 door locks and installed 2 new locks.

01/23/2019

JERRY R.

These guys are great. I was going to install a smart lock myself, as I do most stuff myself, but then saw in the manual that I didn't have the correct specs. Bob and his son helped fine tune the spacing and saved me a lot of time and headache. They are very experienced and highly competitive, you couldn't ask for a better service provider. They also replaced a garage deadbolt and handle which used to be a pain to lock/close and now operates very smoothly including added security around the strike plate. Definitely will keep their number handy.

Description of Work
Smart Lock Install, Lock Replacement, Rekeying

01/11/2019

Andrew K.

I can't say enough good things about Bob and his son. We just moved into Mission Viejo, and I wanted to get new locks on the doors. Bob and his son were prompt, courteous, they did not up sell me on things I didn't need, their prices were very fair, and they were extremely fast. I would not hesitate to use RSM again, I hope the rest of the stuff we do with our home is this easy and efficient.

Description of Work
New Locks and overall security check on our home

07/23/2018

Greg S.

Bob and his son were awesome. They were prompt and professional. They had a difficult rusted lock to deal with and handled it great. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Locks re Locks were replaced on 2 doors and an outdoor gate. This was in mission Viejo.

09/04/2017

Robert J.

It went well, they are very nice and explain everything well.

Description of Work
Repaired locks and replaced front door handle.

07/18/2017

Susan T.

RSM Locksmith responded quickly to a message sent via Angie's List. We scheduled an appointment for the next day; we agreed to three-hour window. Service pro was professional and courtesy. Quite satisfied with this company. Another home project finished!

Description of Work
Re-key five locks on three doors; replacement keys

05/26/2017

Krishnan S.

Great! Bob is so professional and helpful. Would call him in hot second if we ever need his help again.

Description of Work
Bob helped us with a bunch of things - old padlock removals, sticking door locks/handles, etc.

04/06/2017

Lynn R.

Fantastic, I live out of the area, work was performed fast and efficiently. Tenant was happy, I was happy. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired two locks that were broken. Parts were needed, Bob took care of getting what was needed.

10/12/2016

Laurie J.

Unbelievable, amazing, honest, fast service. I called, Bob came right over, he diagnosed the problem, and then told us how to contact the company to get a free replacement. I wish every service we needed had such an honest, hard-working owner. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!! A+++++++++++

Description of Work
Repair front door lock.

09/20/2016

Joseph G.

Promptly and politely answered our call, same day service, very professional

Description of Work
Rekey several locks for us same day!

04/30/2015

Paul K.

Bob answered my job and scheduled his review the same day. Best offer ... actually better than I expected. I am so happy with the Angie's list program. And even happier with the service providers in the program.

03/03/2015

Jerrell S.

They were terrific, they did not take shortcuts and treated the project as if they were doing their own home. I see why they get a lot of referrals - they were not the cheapest but they were competitively priced. They do outstanding work and are nice people to be around, what's not to like?

Description of Work
We had new locks/knobs installed on entire home.

01/03/2015

Lisa S.

All went well. Bob is very professional. Thanks Bob!

Description of Work
Rekeyed all locks, provided a new one and a new garage remote (programmed too!)

12/26/2014

Michael B.

I called Bob on Friday 12/19 He ordered the locks for delivery on Monday 12/22 He installed the system on Christmas Eve 12/24 Was on time and had everything installed by the time our guests arrived. Bob was very professional and accomidating.

Description of Work
Installed a double Baldwin lock system with bolt lock

11/19/2014

Dina H.

I wouldn't use RSM Lock and Safe, Inc for two reasons: 1) the trip fee fluctuates between $45 and $75 2) Bob came out to do the job and realized he didn't have everything he needed for the job...so he charged me two service calls! I should have argued that I was ready for him to do the job right then and that I refuse to pay two trip charges since he was the one unprepared.

Description of Work
replaced door handles on french doors in bedroom replaced deadbolt

10/14/2014

Nanette B.

Appointment process was easy. The day of the appointment I was running late and called to push the appointment time back. Bob said no problem and showed up at the agreed up on new time. We went through the house and decided on a course of action for each of the doors. The front door lock was actually a very good lock but needed two screws for the face place and an adjustment on the handle which Bob included in the service call. The sellers of the house didn't provide garage door openers. Bob was able to find a remote that would work with the two old garage door openers. Overall I am very satisfied with the service and would recommend Rancho Santa Margarita Lock.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 door locks, re keyed 4 locks to same key, 2 garage door remotes + installation, Install garage door key pad

10/06/2014

Nanette B.

I made arrangements for Bob to show up around 1pm after I received the keys to my new house. The process was running longer than expected so I called Bob. He didn't mind at all delayed his arrival. When he showed up he explained all of my options, informed me that by front door lock was actually very good but just needed some adjustments. The other doors were all original to the house and in bad shape. Service was quick but Bob made sure I knew how to use the Key Pad panel. Bob and his son did a great job. They are not cheep but I felt like the price was fair and the service and quality very good.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 old door locks/knobs, re-keyed 4 doors, 2 garage door remotes for 3 car garage plus setting remotes, installed key pad panel to open garage door

10/01/2014

Phil M.

Great job, quick friendly service at a fair price

Description of Work
Change locks

07/08/2014

Justin C.

they did a fantastic job. i forgot to look for a coupon and there was one on angie's list :-(

Description of Work
4 locks rekeyed + 5 keys

07/01/2014

Wendy R.

This is the second time Bob has been out to my house to rekey/repair locks. Seriously, I would not use anyone else. He is a consummate professional.

Description of Work
Bob re-keyed two locks and checked another one for security.

06/14/2014

Mary A.

I called Rancho Santa Margarita Lock & Safe and spoke with Bob, the owner. As I stated above he was very concerned that my door would not lock and offered to come out immediately. He came out to fix my door the next day at my request. My door is almost twenty years old and had multiple problems including the deadbolt not engaging, and dragging when it closed. Bob used an approach that I found very professional - he started with simple solutions at first and kept at it until he got results. He had to adjust the door and install longer screws to give it support, sand the top corner and adjust the threshold. He then tackled the strike plate for the lock and adjusted that, then took apart all the locks and cleaned them out and lubricated them. When he was finished the door worked perfectly. For everything he did I got a bargain, as I saved a lot of money by not replacing the lock, then having to paint, or get a new door. He also cleaned everything up from the job before he left. I will call Bob again for sure, I asked about the new digital locks and found out he installs them and has them in stock, so my next call may be for that. Thank you ANGIE"S list for having such quality people in my neighborhood that I can call on with full confidence, and thank you RSM Lock and Bob Slama for doing quality work at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Bob came out the day after I called him (and he offered to come out that day) because my front door would not lock at all. He completely fixed my door in what turned out to be a complex job. He quoted me the price upfront after I sent him pics of the door and locks. He showed up on time and called me when he was on his way. He was very professional and I will definitely call him again for any problems related to locks or doors that do not close properly

Category locksmith

Now that's a reveiw!!!!!!!!!!!!

04/16/2014

Kileen W.

When I called he said he could be there in fifteen minutes....and he was. It took about a half an hour for him to fix the front door issues, and I was happy that he fixed other issues with the door operation that did not have anything to do with the lock on the door. His price was higher than I thought it should be, but I was just happy that the door problems we had been dealing with for some time were fixed. He charged $55 extra for the two items he fixed beyond the lock repair $125 that he had quoted on the phone. It involved two four inch screws in the hinge to tighten the hinge to the casing and help level the door so it didn't rub anymore, and also crimping the metal rod that slid up to secure the stationary door (we have double front doors). The rod had slid down and could only secure the stationary door from the bottom instead of both the bottom and top, until he fixed that issue. So if you don't mind his basic service call cost of $125, he does good work.

Description of Work
He replaced the bolt in my dead bolt of my front door so it would operate again with the key. He also pointed out two other areas he could fix with extra long screws that helped my heavy oak doors swing more evenly (it used to rub substantially every time you opened and closed the front door).

02/22/2014

William F.

very pleased with service and results. Quick response time.

Description of Work
replaced front door lockset

02/03/2014

JUDY A.

Bob was great! He came out to rekey the house I just moved into and to install an extra deadbolt. The lock on the front door didn't work right, so he took the time to align everything so the deadbolt would fasten securely. Feel much safer with everything in place. I would recommend Bob and I will use him again for any future needs!

Description of Work
Bob came out to rekey my locks and install a dead bolt