Express Bathrooms And Kitchens

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2012

28364 S. Western Ave

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275

Angie's List Members receive 10% off. Financing available. MasterCard and Visa also accepted. Specializing in custom bathrooms and kitchens on an expedited basis....

10/13/2016

Peter B.

Very friendly and efficient service, work proceeded steadily over 3 weeks, always work going on, so it went as fast as it could. Anthony worked with me on the plan, which I changed a few times, and added more work on top. Result was a master bath that was way better than the original.

Description of Work
Master bath remodel with changes to original layout, that required extensive replumbing and re framing.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, insulation, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, home improvement stores

10/07/2015

Betty H.

We gave Anthony the go ahead on a Tuesday, and I went over on Wednesday, and almost all the demo on the first floor was done. The kitchen was gutted to the studs. We discovered termite damage in the breakfast nook at that point, so Anthony had to replace the header and joists in that area. We then had a structural Engineer come in to evaluate what needed to be done to remove part of the wall between the living and dining room. That required the wall in the powder room be sheared, so we moved the furnace that was adjacent to the powder room to the attic. All the bathrooms (3) were gutted to the studs. All bathroom fixtures were replaced and the exposed plumbing was replaced. We created an island in the kitchen, so the plumbing had to be re-routed, and the slab was dug up to accommodate the vent for the sink. All the ceiling were scraped of "popcorn" and canned lights installed. We also had hookups for cable TV installed in three rooms. Anthony has his own plumbers, electricians and cabinet maker, and granite installers so he can keep a project moving. In less than 2 months we were 95% done. My husband and I were the designers, and we purchased the materials, the tile, fixtures, lights, and appliances. Anthony furnished the light switches, grout, paint, moldings, and normal construction supplies. Every one who sees the remodel raves about how great it looks, and cannot believe it was done in two months. This is the second time we have used Anthony, and we will probably use him again if we do another remodel.

Description of Work
We bought a 35 year old , 1700 square foot, town house for a rental. We basically replaced everything in the townhouse. Express bathrooms did all the work. We re-designed the kitchen,and replaced the appliances and cabinets. We tore out the old bathrooms, and replaced all the fixtures and re tiled the showers and floors. We installed tile on the floors downstairs and carpet on the floors upstairs. We installed led can lighting in most of the rooms. New baseboards and window casings were installed. Basically, everything in the townhouse was replaced. We also removed most of a wall between the living and dining rooms to create a more open feel. The furnace was moved to the attic to give more room downstairs. We also installed a new french door to the courtyard.

Category custom cabinets

09/04/2015

eva K.

Category custom cabinets, decks, gutter repair, insulation, siding, basement remodeling

03/25/2015

Betty H.

The job was somewhat bigger than what we originally thought. We love the results. Anthony was great throughout the process. He got all the permits and haggled with the building department. I think my husband might have killed someone if he had to do that. Anthony was extremely patient with changes and setbacks. His attitude was always "How do we solve the problem" rather than accessing blame. Anthony is great at scheduling the work, to keep things moving along. We went past his original time estimate, but the delays were mainly, getting engineering and permits done to remove a wall, and the holidays. A number of days were spent waiting for inspectors. The condo looks great now and we feel comfortable that the wiring and plumbing are now up to code. I recommend Anthony for any type of construction project. He is now putting hard-scape in the patio, and his stone workers have done a great job.

Description of Work
We did a complete remodel of a condo for our daughter. Three bathrooms and the kitchen were gutted and redone. We removed a wall between the dining and living room to create a more open concept. We installed hardwood floors throughout, replaced all the doors, and moldings. The plumbing and electrical were completely redone. We also moved the furnace into the attic to make more room in the living area.

Category custom cabinets

11/13/2014

MARIE C.

Tony has a wonderfully engaging personality and was very responsive with the bid. I went with his company due to his responsiveness. However, the quality of workmanship and professionalism was extremely poor. The scope oft he job was to rebuild 1/2 of a master bathroom and which included replacing recessed lights, replacing stone on half of the walls including backsplash, replacing vanity, putting up and back the original mirror and bathtub, replacing crown molding and painting half of the bathroom. (The shower and toilet area were left intact.) I spent $8500, which included all of the supplies that I either had or bought. I had to oversee all aspects of the job from the beginning as there was no foreman in charge until the last week. I needed to be present most days to ensure that they were on time and did the job. Unfortunately, everything had to be done twice. The original estimate included reuse of our original travertine countertop piece and two sinks and fixtures. Tony assured me he could use it again as it was a big piece- close to 5 feet. However, due to substatntial mismeasurement by his crew (which I pointed out to them after the vanity frame and ponywall was already built) , the travertine countertop could not be used. Therefore, Express replaced with (cheaper) granite and then tried to bill me for the granite and fabrication. Besides the countertop mismeasurement, half of the the stone work, vanity rebuild,lighting, wall painting and mirror placement had to be done twice. In addition, the vanity was mismeasured with the existing water piping on one sink such that we had to resolder/reconfigure the pipes after the vanity was built to accomodate. Further, the tile crew flushed all the stone and crud into my driveway drain causing a blockage in my sump pump. Tony's crew did fix that by fllushing out my sump pump. However it was frustrating that the crew did not sweep up their stone trash but rather chose to hose large pieces of stone, grout and other materials down my driveway drain. Finally, my walkway was completely trashed with stains and drips after it was all done and which didn't come off with water. Tony's crew had to clean using an acid wash of some type. Again, it was frustrating that the crew did not take the reasonble steps to put down rosin paper or other protective coverings. This all said, Tony seems to a be a nice man but with perhaps too much to do. He did not push back on my invoice disputes. He was also busy with other jobs at the same time, which appeared to be bigger than mine.

Description of Work
I hired Tony to rebuild 1/2 a masterbathroom that needed to be redone due to water damage behind the walls/vanity.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, masonry, plumbing, pavers, gravel, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

This was a insurance job. The insurance company came and demoed the wet areas of the bathroom, they taped plastic using black tape causing it to peel the paint The estimate did include to use existing counter top, when home owner supplied the existing top, the insurance company who removed it left all the wood under the top because it couldn't be remove without breaking the counter top. Hence not fitting on the newly built cabinet. I explained this to the customer. The home owner was never home, I had the key to access the home daily. The home was being sold and I was instructed to finish quickly so that the realtor can photo the home. You can see the bathroom photos on ziprealty.com. The address of the now sold property (July 2014) is 1712 Carlson Ln Redondo Beach. Her original layout had the tub butt up against the cabinet in line. I explained that wasn't the proper way, I built a pony wall to divide the tub and the cabinet and tiled both sides. The cabinet I was hired to build her now had to be about 4 inches shorter causing the existing mirror to hang over cabinet. I supplied new mirror (no charge). Home owner asked for a new counter top, I invited her to my yard where I have several remnants of stone, she declined saying "I'm selling the house pick out a matching color to the tile on the walls" Which I did. Home owner was not happy cause there was a vein in the stone. (not a cheaper stone then her original one) I explained its a natural stone and there are veins (1) 5 inches. She was not happy what I picked. I did not charge her for the stone. NOTHING had to be done twice other then new tile on the new pony wall which I didn't like and was not to Express bathrooms standards ( 2 square feet) I changed it the same day. I can not argue the point that My tile guy did clean his bucket at the curb causing milky water to run toward her driveway causing spots not stains. We cleaned it the next day. Home owner insisted on using her friend unlicensed plumber to move the water lines into the new cabinet. Was done wrong and not to code. We deleted plumbing off her invoice. Contractor gave bid to paint just the construction area. Express painted the whole bathroom including crown molding and all base and case. (NO CHARGE) due to all the bad tape the insurance company did. I have several E-mails from home owner wanting me to supply bid for her new home in Rolling Hills Est. During construction at the 1712 Carlson Ln, I did not hear anything from her other then "I'm Sorry" for rushing us, the delay in her tile she was to supply, not going to my yard to pick out stone. I have all the E-mails to back this up. The bathrooms was put back together better then it was by far. The house sold and you can see how nice the bathroom looks on Ziprealty.com. I'm confused to her displeasure. Home owner was never home and never said one negative thing to me.I do understand that I cant please everyone, and no matter what you do, there are people who are just not happy. We at Express Bathrooms pride ourselves on quality. We are a family owned company and been contracting for the past 20 plus years. If there is ever something a customer does not like with material color or anything, We ALWAYS MAKE sure to address it on the spot.

09/11/2014

Lorna C.

Pipe burst in neighbors home and Anthony helped to stop the water until they returned home. Courteous and really fast to respond. Owners returned he was able to size up the problem and had the area repaired and back to normal in just a couple days. Without him the opportunity for more damage would have been awful. Knowledgeable of insurance processes also.

Description of Work
Came to the rescue when a pipe burst in the wall minimizing damage.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you [Member Name] for your kind words. Was happy to help and glad all worked out.

11/30/2013

Lori S.

The project far exceeded my expectations in many ways. You might find this hard to believe but the process was actually fun! Anthony and his team were professional, respectful of my home, and pleasant, with a do-it-right attitude. They even went out of their way to make sure that my dog was safe during the construction. There were design issues that needed to be overcome in order to start the project. Anthony and his top-of-the-line cabinet maker were able to design and build a fabulous hood where other contractors were unable to solve the venting issues. And although the overall design was mine, I really appreciated the advice and input from Anthony as the project progressed - from everything from paint color, to pendant lighting design and placement, to the design of the marble bar. I appreciated his vast experience and knowledge with kitchen remodeling. Friends are amazed by the quality, attention to detail, and overall beauty of the new kitchen. And no one can believe the the whole project was completed in just about a month. And while not inexpensive, I feel that project cost was an excellent value. Not only am I completely happy with the end result, I felt entirely comfortable throughout the entire process. And while there are always issues that arise during construction - there was very little stress involved, everything was taken care of to my satisfaction, and the experience was surprisingly positive. Express Bathrooms and Kitchens receives my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
My "French Dream" kitchen became a reality thanks to Anthony and his team at Express Bathrooms and Kitchens. From the luxurious Calacatta Gold marble countertops to the gorgeous one-of-a-kind cabinetry… With details like the unique tile backsplash with magnetic knife rack, built-in paper towel holder, and marble window box - this kitchen is a stunner. In approximately one month, a dated kitchen was taken down to the studs and rebuilt into a casually elegant space featuring a French La Cornue range with a striking custom-built hood where twin chandeliers/under-counter lights/copper pendants provide a warm European ambience.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

02/23/2013

Nikki B.

Express Bathrooms and Kichens price was middle of the road , we received less expensive bids but were very happy we met Anthony and Express Bathrooms. I 150% recommend this company for all construction. Service and work were excellent overall. Highly recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Anthony ,the owner of Express Bathrooms & Kitchens has out done our expectations by far. He and his crew completed 2.5 bathroom remodels, a new kitchen with custom cabinets and granite ,a outdoor patio with fireplace and BBQ. Express Bathrooms & Kitchens cabinet work was amazing, the finish work looked like furniture. Anthony and his crew were very clean and respected our home. Very impressed.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, egress windows, excavators, picture framing, gutter repair, hauling services, insulation, masonry, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, siding, pavers, gravel, water heater repair, water softeners, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, home builders, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, gas leak repair, driveway pavers, drain cleaning, sunrooms, basement remodeling, patios

07/21/2012

jennifer D.

The job was completed before the estimated finish date. I didn't know if a bathroom complete remodel could be finished in such a short time but it really was. I hired them to start by taking out all the old fixtures, tub, toilet, shower, etc. Then they put in flooring, tile, drywall, fixtures, and custom cabinets and paint. My designer was happy to let Express Bathrooms and Kitchens do the material and design choices because they were experienced and highly qualified to do the design work as well.

Description of Work
I called Anthony at Express Bathrooms and Kitchens to remodel some bathrooms before I moved into my newly purchased home. He responded immediately and finished two bathrooms in less than 2 weeks. The job quality was superior -- it included design, architecture, demolition, remodel of all the parts of my bathrooms and clean up. I was so happy with the work that I hired them to do my master bathroom (400 sq. ft.) which turned out gorgeous! All the workmanship was custom and craftsman quality.I would highly recommend Express Bathrooms and Kitchens!

Category custom cabinets, contractors, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, remodeling, home builders, home remodeling

Sureshine Marble And Stone Care & Restoration Services

Our specialty is all types of stone restoration including: marble polishing, marble restoration, granite repair, travertine cleaning, travertine polishing, concrete polishing, limestone polishing, limestone sealing, stone cleaning, and other surfaces. Our Sureshine Service Guarantee applies to all projects: Sureshine Care and Restoration Services, Inc. guarantees all work to be completed as indicated. If you are not satisfied, call our office and we will return to remedy the situation at no obligation or additional cost. License # 906156. We clean and seal all hard surfaces including tile and grout and concrete. We do not perform granite flake epoxy garage floor coatings.

DiBara Masonry

Named "Top Masonry & Concrete Company" by Industry Oversight, we are a fourth generation masonry company, specializing in repairs, restorations and new installations of stone, block, brick, concrete and pavers, as well as waterproofing and sealing of any sort. No matter how odd, large or small the project may be, DiBara Masonry can provide exactly what you need, because with DiBara, expert advice is always free and expert service is always delivered. Our Story: Son of a third generation mason, DiBara Masonry's owner, Matthew DiBara, started working with a trowel and mortar beside his father at a young age on the outskirts of Boston, Massachusetts. After deciding to move west and build up his company there, Matt left the cold weather behind but carried with him the knowledge and history of his Italian ancestors and ever since has delivered expert quality sure to make Pasquale proud.

Offers by DiBara Masonry on Angi
    Juan De Jesus Inc

We are family owned and operated and as such here at Juan De Jesus Inc, we sustain our business on quality, honesty, and integrity. We are experts in the Construction and Remodeling trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We aim to be your number choice in the Construction industry and we are always looking to grow as a company, individuals, and as a positive influence in our community. We look forward to earning your business, call us today for your FREE ESTIMATE!

Offers by Juan De Jesus Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available

We are a full contracting and service company specializing in completely remodel bathrooms in 2 weeks and kitchens approximately 6 weeks. Express Bathrooms and Kitchens is a full plumbing service company along with specializing in all general construction. Architect and engineering provided along with design.

Pools, fire sprinklers