VM Home Improvement

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2015

I am Victor Maldonado, a licensed general contractor with 30 years of experience in the construction field. Whether it's simple home repairs that need to be taken care of, more complex home improvement projects, or a small to-do list, I am here to help you get it done. Please see my reviews to

handyman (68)electrician (27)plumbers (22)woodworking (21)interior painting (16)house painting (6)drywall (5)irrigation system (4)roofing (2)hardwood floors (1)garage doors (1)

01/01/2023

Wrayanna M.

Victor does excellent work!! I couldn't be happier. 5 stars +

Description of Work
Painting, custom lighting, decorative stone work, flooring, countertops, refinish cabinets, new sink and faucets.

05/08/2022

Peggy C.

Victor has always been punctual, and all of the projects that I needed have been done with professionalism, quality and a high standard of excellence. Victor always left all work areas clean.

Description of Work
I needed wall electrical outlets replaced, the interior of my home painted, new lighting installed in my kitchen and bathroom, a new toilet installed in my bathroom, outdoor lawn sprinklers replaced and a timer installed, windows re-caulked to prevent leaking during rain, brick fencing repair, and the outlet for the gas line in my kitchen moved to a different location.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, irrigation systems, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

04/12/2022

Jack J.

He arrived on time and completed work efficiently and professionally. Recommended and will hire him again.

Description of Work
Victor helped me with my garage door opener installation and kitchen faucet installation

Category garage doors, plumbing

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

02/08/2022

Connie V.

Victor was professional. He made certain the weather stripping fit the door and that I was satisfied with the results. I will hire him for my future projects.

Description of Work
Door Weather strips

Work Completed On 02/08/2022

08/27/2021

Debra M.

Am very pleased with Victor's work and professionalism. Will definitely hire again and refer to others.

Description of Work
Bathroom: patch drywall and paint, rehang towel bars, replace exhaust fan.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

07/20/2021

Ann L.

We are really glad to have found Victor. He is responsive and thorough, as well as easy to communicate with. My husband and I are not do-it-yourselfers, and we really appreciate Victor explaining options as far as what needed to be done. He was also very careful to protect the floors while working in our house. We will definitely call upon Victor again in future.

Description of Work
Install new toilet, hang pictures, recaulk the shower stall, install an electrical light box and two light fixtures, miscellaneous other

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

03/10/2021

Patricia H.

Quality of the rack replacement was excellent. Only issue I had is that the closet door that was removed, wasn't replaced the same as it was before. However, I would definitely use Victor again and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Replace closet rack

Category drywall, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/10/2021

11/14/2020

Gabriela F.

We couldn't be any happier nor recommend him more strongly. Victor is an outstanding handyman/ contractor- He is straightforward, honest, reliable and very responsible. He will get the job done. He is thorough and detail-oriented- If you give him a job, he will carry it out through to the end. He will be clear about the cost, and he charges a fair price for the excellence work he delivers. Victor is very knowledgeable, we have worked with him for different projects involving plumbing, electrical, wood (doors) and an entire kitchen remodel. We are very happy with his work and we think his reliability and responsibility are priceless. He is also a very pleasant and reasonable person to deal with, respectful and careful given the times of Covid. We could not recommend him more. We will hire him to remodel our bathroom as soon as covid and his busy schedule allows...

Description of Work
Tankless Water Heater Installed to perfection

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for VM Home Improvement - 11609 Brindise Way, Rancho Cucamonga, CA - 39024021

11/12/2020

Kathy M.

He did a wonderful job and very professional and responsive. He showed up everyday and finished in a timely professional manner. We would hire Victor to do other work at home in the future.

Description of Work
Victor reconstructed our pergola in the front of the house.

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/22/2020

Kathryn .

Victor arrived as agreed and spent time looking at our fireplace and other areas around the house that need attention. We appreciated his knowledge and suggestions. He came and replaced the stud. We will certainly be calling him for our future handyman projects!

Description of Work
Replace stud in Fireplace framing

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

08/06/2020

HERBERT W.

They were super. Absolutely super. They showed up on time, they were here when they said they would be here. They were very professional and did a fantastic job. I was 100% satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
Drywall

Category drywall

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

07/11/2020

Natasha V.

Victor did an excellent job and completed the work in a timely manner. I will definitely use hi services again!

Description of Work
1. Installed new plywood floor in water heater closet and secured with earthquake straps. 2. Replaced wood molding around garage door frame. 3. Tightened loose stairs on staircase.

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

06/17/2020

Ericca G.

Victor was very professional, fixed our leaking sprinkler pipe within an hour! Would definitely recommend and will definitely re-book!

Description of Work
Leaking pipe needed to be replaced

Category plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/16/2020

05/31/2020

michael W.

Victor completed all necessary work independently and in expeditious time. I would definitely rehire him again.

Description of Work
I had a number of faulty sprinklers along with a couple of large line breaks in my lawn irrigation system.

Category irrigation systems, woodworking

Work Completed On 04/28/2020

04/04/2020

Angel P.

Same day service, professional, timely and cleaned up! I would definitely hire this man again.

Description of Work
Additional electrical outlet in garage

Category electrician, handyman service

Work Completed On 03/27/2020

03/12/2020

Mark Y.

Victor did an excellent job! He was able to fix or work around previous poor work from other contractors to get our new bathroom fully functional and compete, the whole house fan I installed operational, and a variety of left over punch list items from a remodel we had not finished. He is focused, punctual, and does great work. Pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Custom Shower Door Install, fix improperly installed bathroom fan, install closet track door, wire a whole house fan and install timer with switch, exterior coach light install, drywall patch for electrical work, grout repair

Work Completed On 03/02/2020

03/11/2020

Joseph G.

I cannot say enough about Victor. He always calls back in a very reasonable time. Great prices. Does an amazing job. If you are looking for someone that can look at the project and give you an estimate at reasonable prices. He always gets the job done quickly. There is no one better.

Description of Work
Install Water Heater

Work Completed On 03/09/2020

03/07/2020

Alma P.

Victor was great!! since the beginning he was very easy to communicate and work with. He is punctual and very helpful, he even went to Home Depot to help us to pick up the products because it didn't fit in our car. You can tell that Victor is skilled and knowledgeable in his work. We were extremely pleased with the work he completed and will hire him again for any and all future projects. His price was good and fair for the job he did. 100% recommended.

Description of Work
Bathrooms: replace toilet, shower doors & shower head

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

Review for VM Home Improvement - 11609 Brindise Way, Rancho Cucamonga, CA - 38430772

02/26/2020

Timothy D.

It went incredibly well. Victor was very responsive, incredibly professional, timely, and he did excellent work. The work he did was outstanding, and we expect it will last many years.

Description of Work
We needed support posts on our front porch replaced, and we needed to have numerous rotted-out trim boards replaced on the front and sides of our house. Additionally we needed to have the trim on the garage repainted.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

01/22/2020

robert A.

I've had Victor do 3 jobs for us so far. He's excellent! He's professional, affordable and finished timely. Let me know what the costs were up front and showed up when he said he would. I am definitely going to have him continue to do more improvements for us! I'm usually skeptical about these sites but I absolutely recommend.

Description of Work
SHOWER REPAIR, FAUCET REPAIR, DOOR INSTALLED

Category handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

11/21/2019

Ivana F.

We purchased a home with a renovation loan. Since I had hired Victor several times over the past couple years, he was my first choice for the project. We needed our kitchen installed, the laundry hook-ups and the popcorn ceiling covered up with bead board and trim and recessed lighting added. Victor is very easy to work with and communicate with. He is skilled and knowledgeable in every aspect of home renovations (electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, etc). We were extremely pleased with the work he completed and will hire him again for any and all future projects.

Description of Work
Home renovation

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/14/2019

09/25/2019

Socorro N.

It was fantastic! Victor works like a professional. He is very cautious and detailed. He works super clean and he has very much experience at what he does. I would recommend him to everyone. He is very respectful and polite. It was a pleasure having him at my house.

Description of Work
I needed a water heater replaced. And some electrical diagnostic.

Category electrician, plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/19/2019