Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort, Inc.

Founded 1984 • With Angi since November 2005

2550 Mercantile Dr Suite D

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Established 1984, Sierra Pacific Home and Comfort, Inc. is a locally owned, headquartered in Rancho Cordova, California. We currently operate four divisions and employ well-trained experts who are skilled at energy efficiency upgrades for home and office. We are uniquely qualified to assist our

01/27/2023

Roslyn C.

They were very Good the people are professional they know what they are doing and they have this safety and precautions when they come to your home.

Description of Work
They come and make sure everything is okay as maintenance on my AC and heating anytime they can come out check it. but today they are doing Preventitive maintenance to make sure everything is okay.

07/05/2018

Kenneth J.

I had Kris Dysthe in my home to provide a quote for replacing my HVAC system. Kris crawled in my attic to check out the equipment I have currently, and provided me a written estimate. Fast forward a week, and my bathroom ceiling has caved in. I went up in the attic and found 2 broken condensation lines pouring water into my ceiling! The lines were directly in the path that Kris took to the equipment, and noone has been in my attic before or since (I've owned this house for 4 months, and nobody has been up there since I bought it). I called Kris, and he denied that he did anything, but offered to have someone come out the next day to repair the broken lines. I got a call from Jason Hansen (the owner) and he (in a very unprofessional tone) told me that they are not responsible, and quickly ended the phone call. At no point did Kris or Jason even offer to come inspect the damage before they blanketly denied any responsibility. Do not do business with these people, not even for a competing bid. They do not take responsibility for their actions. They don't even make an effort to do so.

Description of Work
Just got a quote, then my ceiling fell in...

08/26/2017

FRED L.

It's a service deal we have with them.

Description of Work
Spring inspection and servicing

08/26/2017

FRED L.

It's a service deal we have with them.

Description of Work
Fall inspection and servicing

08/24/2017

Roslyn C.

The whole thing was done in one day. They had to wait for someone to come out and inspect. The person who came out to inspect said they went over and above what they were expected to do. When he came out, he said they did more than they were legally required to do. That tells me they did a good job. I think it was excellent, I haven’t had any problems. They’ve come out to do their complimentary check for the season. I’ve signed up for a contract with them. I did have a problem one time, I was leaving it up to high or low or something. They came out and were on the ball. I have a warranty so if certain big things break I have a warranty.

Description of Work
Installed Heating and Air Conditioning systems

07/14/2017

Justin L.

That one was free. It was included because they had installed the unit the year before.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance check it was preparing for summer.

07/07/2017

David P.

I went thru a third party to contact them. I think they were here pretty early.

Description of Work
They installed a complete heating and air system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you. We are grateful to be your trusted home services company. Jason Hanson President

05/06/2017

Daniel S.

Technician was courteous and professional. He arrived on time.

Description of Work
I had an air conditioning inspection completed on two 3-ton units.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your experience with other Angie's List Members about the quality service that Sierra Pacific provides. We are always striving to improve and be great for you. Jason Hanson President

04/10/2017

KAREN A.

Very well. Very professional staff. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Solar Roof Electrical System

03/28/2017

Frank D.

Took time to get parts otherwise went well.

Description of Work
Repair of heat pump that another service had declared needed replacement. Saved me thousands!

01/06/2017

Debby E.

They had to measure and determine the best locations based off the sun. They did the calculations on how much our bill would be reduced. They were very professional, on time, and cleaned up. We did have some issues but they did promptly come out and take care of them. We did a lot of research and we knew it was not unusual for them to have to come back and they did. It is not the absent of problems on a project, but if you have problems it is how it is handled. This is how you know you have a quality contractor.

Description of Work
They installed solar panels on the roof of our home.

01/04/2017

Janis G.

It was okay. I was not overly impressed as I have been before with some other things. It was just okay. The last person that came out replaced some of coolant and stuff. He did none of that. I just thought it was not so great and it was just okay. I had someone else come out when we first moved in and I liked them better. I would not go back with Sierra again.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort.

06/03/2016

Jean R K.

They were on time and did an excellent job with the installation. The sales rep and project manager were very responsive and they made it easy to work with them. The controller works well with my variable speed pump and the pool heated up in a couple of days from 78 degrees to 84 degrees. I am very happy with the job.

Description of Work
Installation solar panels for pool heating; installed solar touch control panel.

06/02/2016

Leilani S.

I couldn't get anybody to come out right away, but found Sierra Comfort, who was able to come out within just a few days. The whole process was very smooth, and they installed a top-of-the-line air conditioning unit. They did very good work, were very clean and wore little footies while in the home, and there were no hassles throughout the whole process.

Description of Work
Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort installed a three zone Lenox air conditioning unit.

04/25/2016

clifford R.

At approx. the beginning of March 2016 I had Sierra Pacific install a new heat and air system. The crew was polite and worked very hard, they replace both systems in one long day, ending at approx. 7pm. During the installation there was one man working on the inside of the garage installing the new heater, and one on the outside of the wall installing the AC unit. After the heater was installed and connected, the young man working on the AC unit came and got me, he showed me they had mistakenly installed the heater against the wall not allowing room for the pipes from the AC unit to run behind it. He suggested an alternate route, of running the pipes, where they stuck out in the way. I said no and rather than having to take out the heater, I showed him a different way to route the pipes, not the best, but I could live with it. Later on after the installation, the young man who had installed the AC and seemed to be in charge pointed out different features of the units. He then pointed out to me, behind the AC unit a square hole approx. 5" X 5" that he said he had cut through the concrete, filled with pea gravel, there was the condensation pipe that would drain out into this hole down to the dirt. I have been looking at this drain for the last few months, and the concrete is always wet around the "hole". I thought must be draining a lot of water. Well I took a closer look at it today and could see standing water around in the gravel. I scraped out the gravel and found that he had only cut out approx. 1" in the concrete, it did not go through as he stated, and filled it the dent in the concrete with pea gravel. He flat out lied. All of the guys who were there during the day worked very hard, I gave each one a $50 tip. Unfortunately I also gave it to the AC guy, what a mistake. Other minor problem, not the fault of just the laborers, I had asked that all of the registers be replaced during the installation, which apparently was not written down. I mentioned it after the installations and was told they would do that when they returned as they had run out of tape to finish taping up the duct work. They forgot again, I decided I would just replace them myself when I painted the interior of my house. Would not use again, one thing I cannot stand is a liar.

Description of Work
Heater and A/C units replaced

02/11/2016

George M.

They came quickly, it wasn't that long. I had to pay extra for the Freon, I expected that. They need to do more on their service, it was more like a visual inspection. They were cheaper and I like their advertisements.

Description of Work
Sierra Pacific Home & Comfort Incorporated put Freon in and did a service.

02/01/2016

Jeff K.

I called Sierra Pacific mid-morning because my downstairs heater stopped working the night before. They were actually able to have someone come out by noon that same day and I was able to use an Angie's List $69 service call special. The service tech arrived on time and within an hour had diagnosed the issue. It turns out it was a small part that he had available in his van. However, when he delivered the news of what was actually wrong he also came with a "doom and gloom" analysis of the system, complete with pictures of how terribly dirty it was. He offered an option that cost nearly two thousand dollars! He also pushed to sign us up for their maintenance contract. My wife and I fretted a bit as he sat there waiting for us to decide what to do. Finally, we made a middle of the road decision and had a couple of items fixed but neglected to pay for a new blower or the $350 cleaning fee. Once we had some time to do a little research on the cleaning fee we quickly found that (a) most people can clean their own systems or (b) another trusted provider could do it for less than $150! Performance Heating and Air gave us the trustworthy quote on cleaning. I've used them in the past and would have used them today but they weren't available for 2 days and there was no heat in the 1st floor of my house. Sierra Pacific was available quickly but definitely over-charges and tries to sign you up for re-occurring payments (the maintenance contract). I feel like they're the kind of company who will always find something that's "broken" if you have them out to your house won't even offer competitive rates to "fix" it.

Description of Work
Performed a service call and replaced a surface igniter and a blower capacitor.

10/04/2015

Jack D.

From the office staff, Sale Representative Dominic Cortez, to the installation crew: John Abella (crew Chief), Anthony, and Rafel - all were excellent people. Very through presentation by Dominic. His side by side comparison of cost with another estimate proposal and the Lennox reputation sold us. I would say John and installation crew really made our experience with Sierra Pacific great. They were on time each of the two day installation. John throughly explained each step of the process and kept me informed as the job progressed. I enjoyed the interaction with the installation crew. They are very concerned with doing the job right and as quickly as possible. I would highly recommend Sierra Pacific for HVAC and specifically this installation crew.

Description of Work
Installed Lennox HVAC system in home. Included XC14-047-230 Condenser, EL180UH090E60C Furnace, LH42/62E9C Coil, & TH8320WF1029 Honeywell Thermostat. System is working great with last summers days and just a touch of fall days.

05/26/2015

deborah H.

We were extremely happy with the Sierra Pacific. We have the solar now since November. They were fabulous. They have new staff. They gave us valuable information as far as billing and how things really work. They're knowledgeable. These people came out and started talking to us. I would highly recommend them. We had it for a single story dwelling and we ended up by paying $31000 for the solar panels. We were just very pleased with them.

Description of Work
They installed multiple solar panels for us.

02/27/2015

Jim M.

Every phase of the project was great from start to finish. The salesperson, Mike, was knowledgeable and quoted a price at the initial consultation. We wanted maximum heating, so he designed a system to provide that. Before signing the contract we made a visit to their Sacramento showroom to see the product. Receptionist was very helpful and set us up quickly with a staff member who took us through the installation process and showed us the product we were considering. He also gave us literature that described the product with specs, which we needed as we were having a cover built to support this system. Scheduling was easy and they were able to install as soon as our patio cover was completed. Installation was done in just a few hours, and installers were professional. The project was completed in mid September and extended our swim season with comfort until Oct. 31, which is when they recommend draining the system for the winter. We would definitely us them again.

Description of Work
Install a solar pool heating system on a patio cover designed and built by another firm.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, solar panels

12/02/2014

Michael B.

Everything was great. They are an excellent company to work with.

Description of Work
They installed a solar panel system.

06/24/2014

Anne C.

They spent a lot of time on the energy evaluation and then showed me a number of units that would do the job in differing price ranges. If you are a Costco member you get a huge rebate which I got, and they also arranged for a SMUD rebate and told me how much I could expect back on my income taxes because of energy efficient units. They are very prompt, courteous and clean. They even sealed all the vent openings around the ducts and did some extra stuff that I wasn't expecting. The service was great and the heat and air work great! I couldn't be happier with this choice and I spoke with 3 other companies before I chose Sierra. Cant go wrong here!

Description of Work
Did energy evaluation of home and installed new furnace and air conditioner.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, energy audit

06/16/2014

Gary L A.

Very professional sales and installation. Had a few problems with returned phone calls, but no biggie. They didn't reconnect drip lines to a couple of plants but that was minor. They sent out a tech rep named Ryan who was very knowledgeable and even diagnosed a problem with our pool valves that our pool service missed. Overall, a very good experience.

Description of Work
Installed solar pool heater array.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, pool cleaners, solar panels

05/28/2014

Craig H.

Thorough, careful technician who was sensitive to the cost of repairs and his approach. Separate encounter: Shopping for a replacement furnace A/C. Bell Brothers attempted scare tactics and "last unit left at this price". Sierra Pacific provided three printed quotes using their printer at my home. Sierra Pacific respected the cost of making a decision. They were VERY professional.

Description of Work
Furnace tune-up, diagnostics and instruction.

05/16/2014

Krista C.

From the quote to the install these guys were great. They had a booth at Costco, so we had them come out and give us a quote. I want to say the young man that came to our home and did the home assessment was Gary. He was very professional and provided us with three quotes, one for a basic model, one for a medium grade model and one for a top of the line, he explained everything so we knew exactly what we would need. We decided to go with Sierra Pacific, so we scheduled the install date of 05/02/14, I was told they would arrive around 8:30 AM, they were right on time. The three installers that were at my house were Chris, Rob and Tyler, they arrived and got right to work. They put tarps down on the floors and booties over their shoes. The install took them all day, I left to go to the gym at 4:45 and they were done by the time I came home. The house was clean and the a/c was working great. It just happen to be 92 degrees that day. I would recommend Sierra Pacific, they really care about and provide great customer service, even the folks back at the office are polite, friendly and responsive.

Description of Work
Installed a new heating and air conditioning system