Hall's Window Center

Founded 1976 • With Angi since April 2006

Since 1976, Hall's Window Center has served over 50,000 extremely satisfied homeowners and commercial property owners, becoming the most trusted service company for windows and doors throughout the Sacramento area. The company’s team of expert designers, installers, and craftsmen has earned the

A Service Provider's profile imageInfinity from Marvin Infinity from Marvin

4.1

window replacement (121)door installation (42)window treatment (14)egress window (5)wallpaper removal (1)insulation (1)

02/14/2020

Missy H.

It went really well. They were super quick and no issue with their service.

Description of Work
They put a new window.

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

02/07/2020

Rich Q.

I was a bit skeptical about the installation in that Halls now uses Marvin Infinity for replacement windows instead of Anderson Renewal. The new window is great and, as has been the case for previous window replacements by Halls, the installation went great.

Description of Work
Just a single 4 x 4 slider this project, but Halls has replaced almost every window in my home over the past 20 years.

Work Completed On 02/07/2020

08/29/2019

Mary Jo & John D.

The workmen was fantastic but the communication was not that good, they did a wonderful job, less mess, quick and thorough, they repaired the stucco and you couldn't tell that it was repaired, it looks brand new. Although the workmen came in to remove the stucco but we didn't know, and their was an additional unexpected cost which we were told that we didn't need an inspection or permit, that was quite frustrating. We would definitely hire them again, but location wise, its not possible.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of windows

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

08/23/2019

Walt & Pricille S.

It was okay. They took a little longer in what they anticipated but it was good. They were good company.

Description of Work
They put in a new window.

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

08/08/2019

Harold T.

Very good company. Highly recommend .Good people 5 stars

Description of Work
complete patio

Work Completed On 05/08/2019

12/07/2018

Randy and Penny B.

The job was done very thorough. Very professionally installed. Workers were very prompt. The job itself was on the pricier side but the end result is better than I could have asked for.

Description of Work
Needed a new slider to replace some poorly installed DIY French doors we installed previously.

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

Review for Hall's Window Center - 11297 White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA - 37595546

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for putting your trust in our company. Everyone here at Hall's Window Center appreciates the business. Thank you for taking the time share your experience with the other Angie's List members.

11/13/2018

KEITH C.

Excellent experience. Company is extremely professional, courteous, and competent. New door is of excellent quality and installation was perfect. Highly recommend this company. You may pay a bit more compared to other companies but the quality and hassle free experience is well worth it.

Description of Work
Replaced front door

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Appreciate you taking the time to review your project on Angie's List.

02/24/2018

Brett J.

I will not do business with this company at any cost. On Jan. 23, 2018 Hall’s Window came to install 5 new windows in our home. As they were removing the front big picture window they discovered dry rot from a failed window and years of leaking. I find a contractor that could come and fix the problem the next morning. The two window installers took out the old windows and installed all the new ones leaving the big picture window in but not sealed but just screwed in with 6 screws. They also said that someone would be back to re-install the window the next day after the problem was fixed. Early the next morning the dry rot guy was here bright and early. Nate at Hall's took it upon himself to reschedule the other crews and did not notify me of this change. I called Halls and left a message with Nate saying I needed a couple of guys to run over and help get the window out and then re-installed. In fact I left 3 or 4 messages on Nate’s voice mail getting more and more frantic because time was wasting. By the time Nate called me back he was annoyed that I had called him at all. He said “I don’t understand why you’re calling me. Why is your dry rot my problem?” He laughed at me and refused to help with the windows. Now it’s just me and the dry rot guy to take out the 200 lb window and put it back in. I was ready to help pull out my new $5,000.00 window. I go back in and call Hall's but Deb recognized my number and would not answer the phone. I leave several messages with different people. No one would answer my calls! I tell them that we have a second job order to finish the rest of the windows in the house with them but cancelled the order. You just lost my business thanks to Nate. Gina, our sells rep finally calls me back and I tell her the whole story, she is of course ****** because she has lost her commission and tells me that she’s going to have the owner call me. I’m finally happy that someone with authority will be calling me! He calls like an hour later. I am not nice to him to say the least. He can’t apologize enough but I don’t care. Meanwhile the stucco crew sends over one guy to do whatever they do to to weather proof the house. Now there’s a knock on the door. It’s a suit named Dan. The owners idea of appeasing me. And right after the suit arrives Stan, one of their best installers comes over. Halls sent over Stan to do a two person job. Wow. I don’t care how he was going to re-install the window, but I knew he couldn't do this by himself. So suit is trying to calm me down and telling me that this isn’t how Halls does business. So it looks like Stan is going to seal up the crooked window that I had to help put back in to place. I tell suit that I am the one that installed the window and I know for a fact that it’s in wrong and not plumb so they better take it out and install it correctly. They finally get the window in place and make sure it’s plum and all and suit comes in and he has his hand wrapped in his handkerchief and he’s holding it tight. He must have hurt his hand. Huh. He tells me that Halls will give me a discount if I will agree to continue to work with them. He tells me that they will give me $500.00 off. Wow! That’s less then 1% savings!! Yeah, hard pass. So I say No, it’s not worth it to me. Suit leaves but gives me his card and tells me to call if I need him. Stan is sealing the window and stucco guy is still working outside. Stan informs me that he needs to cut my new windowsill board. Too bad he doesn’t measure. He puts in my plain, piece of wood windowsill and I can clearly tell just by looking at it that he didn’t measure. It hangs over 1/2 inch on one side and not even 1/4 inch on the other side. Here is a response from the owner for a Google review from David from Nov. 2017 David - finish carpentry is one of the main reasons homeowners choose our company. I’m sorry you weren’t happy with the finished product. I would love to have the opportunity to make it right. Please reach out so that we can find a solution. Who are you going to trust! Don't pay the final payment until you are satisfied with the business and final inspection is completed. They will never get back to you if there is not money on the table!

Description of Work
5 Windows with contract to finish rest of house for a Total of $35,000-$40,000

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

Review for Hall's Window Center - 11297 White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA - 36856950

01/15/2018

Joanna B.

It was several years ago now so some details are lost to me. I do recall I went to the store to try the windows and liked being able to do that. They set up financing for monthly payments. The sales and installation went well and the staff were curious and professional. The windows fit, worked well, looked good and still do. Except for a small problem with the screens; small plastic pegs that hold the screens in place have broken and Halls could not find the right replacements. They sent the wrong thing. The blinds fit well, looked good and worked well and still do. Except, some plastic handles to hold while pulling blinds up and down (cordless type), have broken and fallen off (5 of 22). Halls referred me to a blinds repair guy who did not get back to me and Halls had no other help to give. I contacted them twice on both issues, even returned to the store, then I gave up and did not pursue it further. To summarize, good on personnel for sales and installation, not so good for follow up on problems over time. I would also choose different windows if there was a do-over.

Description of Work
Replacement windows and blinds for the entire home.

Category egress windows, replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

11/12/2017

Christine B.

Sales - lacked knowledge and full disclosure of scope of work. Final measuring process - incorrect measurements, full scope of work not made clear to me the customer. Workmanship - 7 out of 10, again lacked full disclosure of unexpected situation. Communication with me and amongst Departments within company 5 out of 10. Professionalism of employees 9 out of 10.

Description of Work
Replace sliding door Replace garden window

09/30/2017

Jack L.

Exceeded our expectations from beginning to end. These folks really know what they're doing. Every step of the way from first contact, ordering, and telephone communication to their professional and skilled installation, quality control, and follow up, we felt we were their most important customer. Front doors aren't cheap and ours was more expensive than we thought it would be, but we knew that from the beginning (no surprises) and Hall's provided one year interest-free financing... and, now that it is all said and done, we got our money's worth. Very satisfied customers and we highly recommend Hall's.

Description of Work
Replace our front door.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

Review for Hall's Window Center - 11297 White Rock Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA - 36333328

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with the Angie's List community. Everyone at Halls thanks you for the business.

09/03/2017

Kathy M.

Very well; the Company has been efficient and professional. Good communication with the status of the doors when there was a delay in getting them. The finished product is breathtaking! Just beautiful!

Description of Work
I wanted my slider removed and replaced with French doors.

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

08/15/2017

Isla C.

I've had a good experience and a bad experience with them. The price is on the high end. Our service with them, from before, a year ago, it was exemplary. This last service, I don't know what happened. We went through the same sales rep, we went through the same people, they dropped the ball big time on us.

Description of Work
Window install.

Work Completed On 03/01/2017

04/12/2017

Carol M.

It was like watching a well choreographed ballet!! Each team member knew his responsibility and they worked together. There were no issues, they arrived 15 minutes early. Cleaned everything, addressed all my questions. I can't say enough.

Description of Work
14 windows. 8 floor to ceiling. Replaced with Anderson fibres new construction series 100

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/01/2017

Anne N.

I am so pleased with my new windows! They make such a huge difference in the look of my home. I had a friend come stay with me shortly after the install and she commented how quiet it is. As if that wasn't enough I could clearly see from my heating bill that they made a big difference from the very first day they were installed! Brian explained the process to me so I knew exactly what to expect and he kept checking in throughout the process to make sure everything was going as planned. Dave was in charge of the install. They showed up promptly and were very careful to protect flooring etc. while they were there and made sure they cleaned everything thoroughly before they left. I am very much impressed with the customer service and with the quality of my windows! I highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Install windows and patio door

Category egress windows, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

02/09/2017

Sherrie W.

The young man who came out was Ryan Mada he was great and explained what the problem actually was. I had actually misdiagnosed the issue. He then referred me in the correct direction. He said it was actually my gutters that were causing the issue and they suggested I fix those before I get a new door. I appreciate that they didn't sell me something I didn't need.

Description of Work
I requested a project through Angie's List to fix some dry-rot repair around the door. They were the only ones that responded.

Work Completed On 12/13/2016

02/08/2017

Joanna B.

the installations went very well. The help to get repair parts has not gone well.

Description of Work
windows and shades installation and later, shade repair parts

Category replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 02/08/2017

11/25/2016

Constance P.

The crew was very efficient. The windows, especially the one in the kitchen are beautiful. the old window in the kitchen was a garden window that was replaced by a window that cranks open.

Description of Work
remove old wood frame windows, repair dry rot in framing, install new fiberglass windows one in kitchen, one in uptstairs bathroom.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/03/2016

04/06/2016

Amelia B.

When the windows were installed, they did not do a good job of cleaning up after themselves. There were amounts of materials on the carpeting and on the tile in the kitchen, requiring thorough vacuuming by me. When the pop-outs were installed, there was pieces of tape, empty tape cardboard rolls, and pieces of the previous pop-outs that had been removed, on the ground around the home. The pop-out borders were uneven. I spoke to the person who painted the pop-outs about the work on the pop-outs. He took pictures and said he would show let Hall's know about my dissatisfaction. I did not receive a call from Hall's so I called the company and have still not received a response even though I was told someone would call me. Also, I have asked for copies of some documents on two occasions and have still not received them. On the day the windows were installed, one of the installers commented to me that "your kitchen is due for an update." It is true; my kitchen does need to be updated as do other things in my home, but I do not believe it is appropriate for such a comment to be made to a homeowner. It is also not a reason for not doing a good job.

Description of Work
Installed new windows and pop-outs around the windows on the exterior of the home.

Work Completed On 03/22/2016

03/09/2016

RONALD J.

They gave us an estimate on windows. They were overpriced. The guy was friendly but we didn't have service from them.

Description of Work
We used Hall's Window Center.

Work Completed On 01/09/2013

08/11/2015

Vivian C.

From start to finish, it was a great experience. Gina really made sure the order was done correctly and took care of me throughout the entire process. The team communicated with me prior to the install date and I was amazed to see them replace all of the windows and turn the window in the master bedroom into French doors all in one day. The crew is highly efficient and extremely professional. They've worked together for years and it shows. I was very impressed with the company and would use them again for any window or door work.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and sliding doors in the home, upgraded window in master bedroom to Andersen French doors.

Work Completed On 09/11/2014

[removed member name] - thank you so much for taking the time to share your Hall's experience with other Angie's List members. Everyone here at Hall's Window Center appreciates the business and looks forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you!

04/07/2015

Kathleen S.

Service was above reproach. Arrived on time, did exactly what they stated in appointment. Very expensive would be the only draw back. I am using SMUD financing. I will say initial quote was for approx $19,000.00 with much discussion the price came down to $13,00.0.00

Description of Work
Replaced all doors and windows