GUBRUD'S ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING INC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since May 2006

3261 Monier Cir

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

MY NAME IS JERRY GUBRUD, I AM THE PRESIDENT OF GUBRUD'S ELECTRICAL CONTRACTING INC. WE ARE A FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED COMPANY. WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1995. OUR COMPANY HAS BEEN BUILT AROUND TREATING ALL OF OUR HOMEOWNERS, BUSINESS OWNERS, AND GENERAL CONTRACTORS LIKE FAMILY....

11/22/2019

Jeff M.

They quoted me $1100 to wire a doorbell and when questioned about the price, only offered to take $100. A price like this you would think a wiring run for a dryer or panel upgrade is being performed. I have used these guys in the past and the electricians have all been professional and knowledgeable, but I feel their flat pricing is terrible.

Description of Work
Wire a doorbell

07/23/2017

Donna M.

Never heard from them. If they don't want the business they should have the courtesy to say so.

Description of Work
Called and left a message that I needed to have 3 outlets and 2 switches changed out in my kitchen. The wife who apparently runs the office called me back and asked what I needed and how soon. I gave her the information and she told me she was on her way back to the office and would call me back in about a hour. I waited 2 hours and didn't hear back so I called again. I had to leave another message which was never returned. Brannan Electric referred me to Gubrud's Electrical and he called me to see if I was able to set up an appointment. I told him they didn't call back so he called them and they told him they would call me right away. They didn't.

10/22/2012

Kathleen S.

Did excellent work within our budget and very timely.

Description of Work
Upgraded electrical outlet in garage.

08/14/2012

Norman W.

I bought a house that was not built well when it was put up in 1975 and had no work done on it for 35 years.The house was in worse shape than I thought when I bought it. I allowed a 25% budget overrun which has turned out to be closer to 40%, but that is my fault because I wanted to fix all the things that bothered me as well as putting in the class that the house should have been built with initially. Gubrud Electrical did a good job in making that happen after some initial misunderstandings. I have no problem with misunderstandings if they can be resolved.The process went well and the company went out of its way to see that I was satisfied. I can't ask more than that. Several months after the job was complete they called to say they forgot to bill for some work done. I paid them half of what they wanted and stopped at that point

Description of Work
Removal of old dangerous aluminum wiring.Extensive rewiring of house, running new circuits through difficult areas. Install of multi-control lighting. Install of many more outlets.Doubled the number of circuits in the house. Jerry himself is a wizard with electrical devices. His technicians are good but it is Jerry's understanding of the field that makes this company great. They are not the low price leader, but they get it right or they change it until it's right. Choosing an electrician comes down to one's expectations and one's ability to afford the level of complexity and service that is needed. My job was a complex one. On top of that, I am very obsessive about things being done perfectly. I have a background in construction and a reasonably good knowledge base of what constitutes quality work and what is schlok. The general contractor and I have fired three subs in the last 2 months. These guys just didn't care about the job and took no pride in their work and they were not the low bidders. I think that many homeowners may not understand exactly what they want and what it will take to solve their needs.I think it is important to keep a dialog open with any subcontractor, so they know what you want and what you are thinking. If the price does not seem right, it is important to ask why it is so expensive or so inexpensive. Give feedback soon to a sub, if you are uncomfortable or things do not seem to be going as you expected.You should expect an clear answer with a mutually satisfactory outcome. If you don't get that, fire the person or company. Even in these tough times, real companies need to pay their bills. They should earn their profit by doing good work that satisfies you the consumer.I have paid a reasonable price for the work that was done and when it did not seem up to my standards, I said so and things were corrected. That's why I have given the company a good rating.

Category electrician,lighting

11/02/2011

Jeremy D.

Their price was on the high side and we were able to find a contractor with a lower bid. They were professional, they were on time, they seemed very knowledgeable and competent, and we liked them a lot.

Description of Work
Gubrud's Electrical gave us a bid to rewire all of the electrical in our house.

08/30/2011

Beverly A.

I contacted them by phone and left a message. I never ended up hearing back from them so I ended up hiring someone else for the job. I would consider using company if they contacted me back.

Description of Work
I called them to fix a doorbell that was not working. This is a system that has the doorbell at the front of the house that lets me know if someone is at my front gate and to let them in. I also had some lighting around the pool that I needed help with.

Category electrician,lighting

Dear Member. My name is Jerry Gubrud, and I am the owner of Gubrud's Electrical Contracting Inc. I would like to personally apologize for not returning your phone message. All of our phone calls are very important to us and we try to answer all calls within a timely matter. I am not sure how we missed you, but again I do appologize. Sincerely. Jerry Gubrud.

05/18/2011

Nathan P.

They were prompt and attentive. I didn't choose them for the bid for the following reasons: 1. I called them for the subpanel only. They tried very hard to upsell additional interior wiring, lighting, etc. It could have been that they thought they were helping me by thinking of things I might need but hadn't asked for. In my case, I knew exactly what I needed, and all I needed was the subpanel done (interior wiring and lighting etc were already contracted). 2. After insisting that I only needed the panel, they gave me an estimate which included wiring, receptacles, fixtures, etc. 3. They didn't even give a detailed estimate like I requested (parts vs labor, how much for the panel, how much for interior wiring, how much for receptacles, how many receptacles, how many lights, etc). It just said something like "basic interior wiring package, installed" with a price. I'm sure that these services would be *great* for people who don't care about exactly what gets done and would prefer to have the contractor worry about it all. In this case, I was hiring them as my sub, and they insisted on treating me like a a know-nothing, "you'll take what we give you," "don't worry your little head just pay the bill" customer. So they didn't get the contract.

Description of Work
Had an estimate done for hooking up a sub panel in a backyard workshop.

Category electrician

Dear [member]. My Name is Jerry Gubrud, The owner of Gubrud's Electrical Contracting Inc. At first when I read your report I thought to myself, that's not how I do business, and thats not how I train my electricians to do business. So I thought i would respond with any apology for making you feel like you did. However, I keep very close track estimates and jobs that we schedule, and when I looked back in the schedule I could not find your name anywhere. Could it be you mistakingly reported to the wrong contractor? Either way, If someone from my company tried to up-sell our services and made you feel pressured in any way I apologize. If you can remember the electricians name or have an estimate # from our company could you please send it to me? There is alway's the chance that an ex employee or someone is using my company name and licence # to sell work. If this is the case I would like to stop it. Sincerely Jerry Gubrud. 916-483-3427 gubelect@me.com

11/12/2010

Steve P.

Called contractor to finish a couple of jobs I couldn't complete as my eyesite is getting quite bad. Contractor responded, we set a date, and upon arrival jobs were describe, then completed in a quick, efficient manner. Work areas were kept as clean as possible and there was very little residue. I would definitely have Gubrud Electrical perform any other work I would need to have done. Also, would recommend Gubrud to anyone needing electrical repairs or installations.

Description of Work
Install bathroom lite/fan, fix ceiling fan in bedroom

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

06/18/2009

Peggy S.

Could not have gone better. Received several bids, (some from major companies in area) and Jerry (owner) was the only one that actually knew immediately how to replace the service mast. And he was also able to somehow explain to us how he would do it to the point I had confidence that he could do the job. I did not believe any of the other contractors could do the job even though they said they could, because it was obvious they did not know how they would get it done. Bid was higher then others (some where based on anticipated hourly fee) but felt confident Jerry could do the job, so thought worth the slightly higher price. Was disappointed that Jerry was not the person performing the job. However, his employee, Paul, was incredibly polite and efficient. It was more difficult then he thought it would be and took longer then expected. He did not complain other then to say how difficult it was. When we asked him if could install an electrical box on an outside wall, he quickly made it clear he was very knowledgeable. In a quick discussion we determined the best location (to make it an easy and inexpensive job) that we would be happy with. The hole in the wall was 99.9% covered by the box (he warned us it could be worse when cutting into stucco). He did this extra job quickly, efficiently and the price was very reasonable. The additional work with the electrical to the swamp cooler was also done well at a reasonable price. We were particularly pleased with the attitude, efficiency, knowledge, politeness... of Paul the employee/installer. We were incredibly pleased with our complete experience with this company with the exception that the receptionist did not return one of our calls. The slightly higher price was well worth it. Job well done and it was an very pleasant experience. Work done all in one day, although it did take a little longer than they expected (but not longer then we expected). Would hire again without question and have recommended them several times.

Description of Work
Replaced the service mast that brings power into the home. Also asked them to install a new electrical outlet outside at last minute and put in new electrical connection to the evaporative cooler on the roof.

01/12/2009

Gregory F.

I called and left a voice message asking for an estimate on a hot tub connection. Two weeks later, I still have not received a call back. Only one of four contractors called me back in a timely manner and that contractor did the work the next day.

Douglas Electric

I have been doing electrical since 2005 in Sonoma, Marin and now Sacramento county. I have worked in the industrial, commercial and residential side of electrical. This background has made me a very well rounded tradesman. Each area of the trade was rewarding but I enjoyed residential the best. I really enjoyed working with the customer one on one to get their electrical needs accomplished and something that they can really enjoy. I have gone from track homes to high end custom homes and everything in between. I started Douglas Electric because I felt I had a lot to offer the public. I know how hard it can be for those that seek electrical services so I try to make it as smooth as possible.

Yelenskiy Electric

We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule an estimate.

AAA ELECTRICAL SERVICE INC

CA. LIC # 635556 C-10 HIC. Residential & Commercial Electrical Services And Repair Sameday Service at Regular Service Rates 7 7 7-Days Straightforward Pricing Upfront Prior to Preforming any Work. Look For Money Saving Discounts on our WEB Site !!!!!!!!

Sacramento
    STATE OF CALIFORNIA
    04/30/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing

ELECTRICAL SERVICES IN RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL REMODEL, SERVICE, & REPAIR. CUSTOM HOMES. SERVICES OFFERED TO HOMEOWNERS and BUSINESS OWNERS.

HEAVY INDUSTRIAL.