Five Star Restoration & Construction Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2009

4.2

Since 1989, Five Star Restoration & Construction, Inc. has specialized in providing 24-hour emergency service for water, smoke and fire damage restoration-experienced in complete reconstruction for residential and commercial properties. Five Star can handle any job from start to finish-large or small. Our technicians are trained, experienced and nationally certified, continually training in the most current recovery techniques. Cost is determined by job, travel charges apply outside of 50 mile radius, extra charge applies for emergency after-hour service, lic# 886276. Additional phone numbers - (916) 631-1412, (916) 631-8156. Additional DBAs - Five Star Resoration. Additional contact name - Brenda Gallion...

Lead Detective Agency

The Lead Detective Agency focuses on lead-based paint tests and inspections for homeowners, buyers, contractors, businesses, and schools. Reports can be made available as soon as 1 day after testing. Servicing all on northern California, travel charges begin 40 miles from Sacramento. I will guide you to the level of service needed by explaining the exposures, assessment tools, and results to ensure a safe environment.

MYC Restoration

Mold Remediation

09/19/2020

They came in and did the mitigation fast and then sat. When prompted for answers to begin dates and regarding permits they lied repeatedly to myself and the insurance. Billed for I performed services, etc. the initial mitigation went well but that was bc they Subcontracted it out. The staff you deal with initially are very competent and nice but once you sign a contract the project died.

Description of Work
Flood remodel

Category contractors,drywall,flooring contractor,home remodeling

Ms. [Member Name Removed], we do not subcontract out our mitigation services. This is performed by our employees. We decided it to be best to pull out of this project due to the fact that you were trying to make us pay for your code violations that were due to issues on your property long before we started performing work for you. The other issues were that you were performing repairs to your home...

10/18/2019

Took far too long and communication with the project manager was very poor. Scheduled events did not occur on time. I have used them before and been happy but they are no longer “five star” in my opinion.

Description of Work
Restoring a bathroom after floor leak

Category home remodeling

I have reviewed the issues that took place. [Member Name Removed], my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication and follow through on this project. Your brother sent me a long list of items we will need to work on and improve. Thank you both for bringing this to my attention.

04/13/2017

The work is still ongoing but so far it has been excellent. Everyone is very nice and helpful in explaining what is being done and what comes next.

Description of Work
We had water damage in our kitchen and it turned into a huge project.

Category water damage restoration

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. I'm sure Nathan will take good care of you. I hope that all turns out well. Please reach out to me if there are any issues that arise. Aaron Provencal 916-825-5285

08/10/2016

From the beginning to the end this company stood out. Excellent customer service, professionalism and integrity. Overall satisfaction with work performed EXCELLENT

Description of Work
We had water damage to our master bathroom. Five Star Restoration provided excellent service. Upon the initial call I was set at ease, their staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The technician George Borges was the first person at our home. He was courteous and friendly and explained the process in detail. After the drying process way completed we also used Five Star Restoration for the reconstruction. Once again all the staff and crews were excellent.

Category contractors,drywall,water damage restoration,mold removal

[Member Name Removed], we appreciate the review. Thank you!

08/12/2015

The leak happened the first week of May. It is now mid-August and we are still without use of the bathroom, are washing our dishes in the our laundry room sink, which is the only sink available on the ground floor. Because I complained, they finally cleaned out the old appliances and put our stove back....in our kitchen with no sink, dishwasher, or counter tops. We are taking care of my elderly mo...

Description of Work
Insurance carrier recommended for a water leak that caused mold damage. They tore out half our kitchen and most of our bathroom. They are supposed to rebuild walls, reinstall appliances and fixtures, refinish cabinets, re-tile bathroom, and put new surface on kitchen counters.

Category water damage restoration,interior painters,mold removal

We apologize for the length of time it has taken to repair your home and for your dissatisfaction. The bathtub that had to be replace had to be approved by your insurance carrier. The tub was ordered upon approval - the tub was special order and took 8 weeks to receive. We also had a couple days that we had work scheduled with you and our sub contractors could not gain access to the property to ge...

06/18/2015

Cleaning damage was quick. They did not tell me to hire my own contractor for repairs, so I had to wait 2 months before they would do restoration-- 2 months without a kitchen! I was told that they were way backed up on projects as they took up other jobs from contractors that went bankrupt and I had to wait. When they finally did come, they rushed and did a very sloppy job. The team that tore my kitchen up told me to plan what I needed done so I wouldn't have to re-do in the future. The mgmt team that came in to restore did not want to do changes as they were so busy that I had to put projects on hold ( I wanted a new sink and faucet-- kept asking for size and type so I could purchase them and when I did get size, it was too late as they were ready to finish.) This company also relies a great deal on payment from insurance claims so their prices are very steep-- I feel that they really take advantage of people who are in dire straits and are at their beck and call to agree to whatever just to get their house back in shape. Most of the workers are great but the middle mgmt of this company are all money and speed driven and not into quality and empathy for their customers. It may be too late for me, but maybe this will wake their owner up and reconsider how they do business in the future..

Description of Work
clean water and mold damage---then restore

01/12/2015

I have a close friend who had a house fire yesterday on the other side of the country. She needed help with the information she was being told. I called Five Star Restoration hoping to talk with someone and help my friend from a distance. Carol was so nice to take her time to explain what happens in a house fire and information in the aftermath to pass on to my friend to help in her crisis situation. I didn't use their services but was impressed that they would take some time to help me help my friend. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Help.

03/05/2014

The technicians from Five Start were very polite and professional. They performed the work quickly without any issues.

Description of Work
Mitigated water damage from a leaking tub. Water had seeped into the ceiling, walls and under the hardwood floor of the floor below the bathroom. Five Star tore out the damaged structures and dried everything out.

09/10/2013

Great job a d very nice. Would and will use this company in the future. Appreciate everything David. Thank you much Definitely call them first for quick response time and honest answers

Description of Work
Had David C come out and give an inspection on an area where we had previous water damage. He did some testing and came to conclusion we were good and no mold.

08/08/2013

During one of the storms we had in December of 2012, I was awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of dripping. I discovered that my master bedroom window was leaking and the water was dripping down on the window sill. It ran across the sill and down the wall and eventually across the carpet. I placed towels at the point were the drips were falling and tried to go back to sleep. The next morning (Sunday) I woke up and called Five Star, after looking through my monthly flyer from Angies List. They responded that day, started the drying proccess on the rug and placed plastic sheeting aroung the window to prevent further damage and allow the repair the leak, which was a faulty seal around the master bedroom window. Over the course of the next four weeks, Five Star worked with my insurance complany and ultimately completed replacing the insulation in the wall, wallboard, carpet pad and painted all areas affected. Everything is as good as new.

Description of Work
Repair water damage caused by leaking window frame.

Category water damage restoration service

Water, fire and smoke damage restoration, mold remediation & emergency board-ups. Content Cleaning and Pack-out, and Reconstruction Services..

Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express