Alco Siding & Windows Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2006

2539 Mercantile Dr Ste 3

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742

Award winning. Additional contact names - Jennifer Hearne, Mike Walesch, . Additional emails - mike@alcohis.com, jennifer@alcohis.com. Additional DBA - Alco Windows Inc. No Sub-Contractors. Alco is Family Owned and Operated. Our Installers have been with the company for years. We offer LIFE TIME

09/03/2013

Marlene C.

We called to arrange an estimate for a siding repair and for the extension of an existing raised concrete porch. The provider responded quickly but said they don't do siding repairs, only entire siding installations and that they no longer do concrete work. We appreciated the quick response but were surprised that Alco doesn't pour concrete. (Their Angie's List description lists concrete work.)

Description of Work
Did not use.

08/14/2013

Kirk P.

Employee was punctual and professional and was willing to meet me after work. He showed up and provided the estimate on replacing a window. After further inspection he decided that his employees (contractors) were too busy at that time and said he couldn't help me out. I appreciated that he took the time but I'm a little confused about them turning down the job/work.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate.

08/12/2013

Brenda S.

We let them know we eventually would want the rest of the home done. They did the work, and we liked the results. They did not call to follow up on how the job turned out though, which I was shocked by.

Description of Work
We had 5 windows and a french sliding door replaced.

Category siding, doors

04/16/2013

Davinder R.

Alco Siding and Windows Inc. did a great job. They were punctual. They gave a great estimate and they followed through on that estimate. They did the job in a timely manner. It's an overall great experience.

Description of Work
I used the services of Alco Siding & Windows Inc. We had stucco done around our windows.

Category stucco

11/19/2012

Karl S.

It was a free estimate. They were very nice and friendly. However, their price was a little high. The guy was professional. I am not sure if I will use them again as this is just a one-time project. I will consider using them again depending on the project.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Alco Siding & Windows Inc. for wooden siding in the front and back of my house.

11/12/2012

Donna and Tim R.

He promised to get back to us with a quote for the door that we all agreed would work best for our needs. We waited a few weeks and didn't hear back from Steve so we called the number on the card he left us. We were told that Steve had been on a job out of town. She found our 'paper work' and would contact Steve to find out about our quote and someone would be calling us back shortly. We called another time since then and again a nice person explained that our paperwork was right there but not sure what was going on with it... they promised to call us back but to date (November 12 2012) have not been contacted back by anyone from Alco Siding and Window... Back in August we had a $500 Groupon offer from this company which we were told would go towards this door quote and we had checked them out on Angie's List and thought that they sounded like a good choice for us but I guess our one little door replacement just wasn't worth their effort. I hope they don't treat all their clients like we have been treated. We try and give our business to local professionals to help our community and we really don't like the way we were treated by this company.

Description of Work
Steve Hawkins (President of Alco Siding & Window according to his card) came out to our house on August 27 2012 because we wanted a quote for a new front door installed. He was very nice and informative. He took measurements of the door opening, asked good questions and left us with his card and a promise of a quote within the next week..

Category doors

08/05/2012

jason C.

Very professional owner and staff before you have your windows installed and they get their money. They used Plygem Windows, which seem like decent quality but they try to find every excuse to void their warranty. Alco installed a French door with an aluminum threshold on the inside that you'd usually see on the exterior of doors. They said that was their only option. There were no wood finish options to blend better with my hardwood floors and Plygem said if I replaced their threshold or even painted it, it would void the warranty for the whole door! Similarly, when Alco installed an ugly white color hardware instead of the pewter color that is also a stock option, I asked Plygem if I could simply paint it and they said it would void the warranty on the entire door. Thankfully, Alco came back out and replaced the hardware with the color I wanted. The thing that stands out most about Alco is their owner, who was so involved before the job, never called or came by after the job. They seem like a company who will do what it takes to get the job but makes minimal effort to completely satisfy the customer and moves on quickly to the next job.

Description of Work
Window replacement & installing French doors where a window was.

Category replacement windows

“We respectfully disagree with the claims this member has made. We regret that this member was not satisfied, but understand that unfortunately we cannot please everyone. Please read our other reports for a more accurate representation of the reputable work our company is known for.”

05/05/2012

Christine M.

It was a little more expensive than I thought it would be. They came out and did a good job. They came out and were prompt with the estimate. They explained everything well.

Description of Work
This was an estimate for a patio.

Category sunrooms, patios

03/07/2012

Kerri R.

I had obtained several estimates for the work and each person that came tried to sell me on more work than what needed to be done and for way more money than I was prepared to spend. Alco came, gave me a clear estimate only for the work I needed, and came in way under all the other estimates. When they did the work, they were on time, professional, cleaned up after themselves and, most importantly, did not trample the plants in the flower bed. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
I needed an area with dry rot right above my flowerbed and around a window repaired. I had removed some of the rotted siding but not all. They removed the remaining boards and replaced the entire area.

Category siding, replacement windows

10/20/2011

Marvin O.

Alco Siding and Windows Inc. Company has been in business for quite a while and that's why I thought of contacting them for a quote. My experience with the quote process was very good. They were really good. They responded with a quote within a day. Their price was a little bit higher than what I had expected. I ended up using my old supplier as I got a discount from them. Otherwise I probably would have used Alco Siding and Windows Inc. Company. They were really special though. I would probably contact them again for a quote in the future.

Description of Work
I got a bid from Alco Siding & Windows Inc. Company about a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to buy replacement windows and materials from them.

09/29/2011

Paul B.

I have used them before. I used them again because they did the job right. They were wonderful. Their price was in line with the other providers; it was reasonable. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Alco Siding & Windows Inc., a few days ago. They installed a front door for me.

Category doors

Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a true pleasure doing business with you.

08/25/2011

Paul B.

Most professional group of workers and management I have ever worked with on remodel projects. Punctual, professional crew and cleaned site daily.

Description of Work
1. Removed old siding. 2. Installed osb sheathing. 3. Pressure washed home. 4. Installed moisture protection wrap. 5. Installed new windows and sliding door. 6. Painted entire home. 7. Installed new Hardie siding.

Category siding, replacement windows, pressure washing, house painters

06/01/2011

collin K.

They listened too what I wanted and delivered onetime at a good price. I got bids from SIX other outfits and Alco was the only one that listened instead of sending out a sales guy to waste my time with a 40 min presentation about what he thinks I really need.

Description of Work
Awesome company. had them do 16 windows and they blew the competition away in price and speed of completion. And there was no pushy 1099 sales guy shoving a pen in your hand, just helpful Jennifer on the phone answering any questions. Mad props to Jen.

02/22/2011

Fred G.

Rob, the owners son came out to give and estimate and explain everything. He was very helpful. Once the material arrived, Luke did all the siding by himself. He was amazing, quick, quiet and cleaned up perfectly every night. I A crew of about 5 men came on a Saturday morning, had the windows in before we knew it, Did a beautiful job, left everything spotless. One window broke in transporting it and as soon as the received a replacement it was done. Beautiful job.

Description of Work
Covered front wall with siding. Covered eaves and overhangs on entire house with Soffit and Fascia. Furnished and installed 23 new windows.

Category siding, replacement windows

02/01/2010

Michael V.

The employee was very nice and professional, however not as knowledgeable as another company was for our particular issue. He had never seen the issue before and he had to go back for more information. I would go to them for an estimate in the future if needed.

Description of Work
Alco gave me an estimate on replacing a window.

12/10/2008

Larry R.

The job went very well. There was just one man who came. He was prompt, courteous and spoke English. He kept us informed on the job. He did the job while I was at work. I would speak to him in the mornings before work and I could see each day the work that was done that day.

Description of Work
They put up new shake shingle vinyl siding and shutters.

07/12/2007

paul D.

Just a quote.

Description of Work
We needed to repair a window, not replace it. Their sales person, Mel Libman, was very truthful with us and told us we did not need new windows, but just replace the existing windows. Very good person.

05/21/2007

BRENDLE W.

I got three bids for this project, Alco was an easy choice to make of the three. Robert Hawkins, the son of the owner did a very casual, no sales pitch estimate which I greatly appreciated. Not only that, but he had an excellent product (Certainteed Windows) and had the lowest bid of the three. The windows were in in a timely manner and scheduled for install as quickly as my schedule permitted. The extremely polite two man installation crew did a quick and professional job. One of them accidentally damaged my fence entering the back yard. He told me about it promptly and repaired it by the end of the day. Everything was cleaned up neatly as well. I was very satisfied and would recommend this company with pleasure.

Description of Work
Installed 13 new windows in my 1950's home.

10/28/2006

J. P.

Robert Hawkins came out to my home on Saturday (Alco does not normally bid on Saturdays). We discussed replacement window choices. The window replaced is an unusual size and needed to be custom made. I had to wait a month for it to be made. After a month, I called, and the customer service representative was very polite. I was immediately helped. She scheduled an appointment at my convenience. The day of the installation, the workman was behind in appointments, but he called to let me know. When he arrived, he was considerate and careful with my property. He cleaned up after himself (This is unusual). In the past, I have asked workmen to clean up their mess and they don't. I am very impressed with Alco. I plan to call them again should I need their service.

Description of Work
They furnished and installed one Milgard Dual Pane Vinyl Window, tempered glass, with a 5 year workmanship warranty, and manufacturer warranty. (The window is a low E2 Glass) The work performed was inserted screen, window locks, caulking and scaling around windows, removing screens, washing window, hauling away all debris.

04/27/2006

THEY WERE VERY EFFICIENT AND PROFESSIONAL. I WAS REALLY HAPPY WITH THE WORK THEY DID. THEY DIDN'T MAKE A MESS AT ALL. THE PRICE WAS ALSO VERY REASONABLE.

Description of Work
THEY PUT TEN NEW WINDOWS IN MY HOME.

04/27/2006

THE PRODUCT AND THE QUALITY OF WORK WAS GREAT. THEY SHOWED UP ON TIME AND GOT THE JOB DONE FASTER THAN I WAS TOLD. THE PRICE WAS GOOD AND I WAS GIVEN A GUARANTEE THAT IF ANYTHING WENT WRONG, THEY WOULD FIX IT AT NO CHARGE.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED FOUR WINDOWS IN MY HOUSE.

04/27/2006

THE QUALITY OF THEIR WORK WAS IMPRESSIVE, BUT AFTER THE JOB WAS FINISHED, NO ONE CAME OUT TO INSPECT IT. WE WERE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT. FOR THE MONEY WE SPENT, WE THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE ATTENTIVE THAN THAT.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED THE ALUMINUM SIDING WITH VINYL SIDING. THEY REPLACED GUTTERS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT WAS NECESSARY. WE HAVE A TEN YEAR WARRANTY WITH THEM.

04/27/2006

THEY WERE VERY COOPERATIVE. THEY WERE HERE ON TIME. IT ONLY TOOK THEM ABOUT A DAY AND A HALF TO FINISH THE WORK. I REALLY ENJOYED THEIR COMPANY WHILE THEY WERE HERE. THEY DID A REALLY GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED NINE DUAL PANED WINDOWS IN MY HOME.