BOX APPLIANCE SERVICE CO INC

Founded 1974 • With Angi since August 2004

13851 DANIELSON ST

Poway, CA 92064

BOX APPLIANCE DOES NOT SCHEDULE SERVICE APPOINTMENTS THROUGH ANGIE'S LIST. Please submit a service request online at www.boxappliance.com or call our office at (888) 782-9653, and one of our customer service representatives will be available to schedule your Sub-Zero/Wolf and ASKO repair or

11/25/2020

dianne R.

Refrigerator lost cooling. Called Box Appliance as they were booked up 30 days out, however they managed to work me in since it was a minor repair. I have used them 3 times and they always come thru with great service.

Description of Work
Subzero refrigerator repair

06/27/2018

Robert A.

This company provided prompt, courteous, professional service. The technician was knowledgeable, diagnosed the problem quickly, and fixed it.

Description of Work
Refrigerator and freezer repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! You've certainly touched on all that we strive for with each service call.

11/08/2017

Alison K.

Very well! They were hugely accommodating by coming up to LA from San Diego. The engineer was excellent. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fixing of Sub Zero refrigerator and Sub Zero wine refrigerator.

08/08/2016

Robert M.

Technician diagnosed the problem and immediately replaced evaporator coil with new one in his truck. Replacement requires removing Freon, braising tubing connections, and recharging with Freon. Box Appliance response was within approximately 4 hours after call-in.

Description of Work
Sub-Zero Evaporator Coil Replacement

08/03/2015

Sandy N.

They came out to repair a brand new Sub-Zero wine fridge that was making way too much noise. Box repaired it quickly and we've had not problems since. He also notice that the toe kick on the regular fridge wasn't installed properly, so he re-installed it too. Very happy with their work. They are so professional.

Description of Work
I've used Box many times. The latest time was under warranty. If the repair is not covered under warranty, their prices are a bit high. But if you want the job done right, Box will always come through.

01/13/2015

Rene R.

Provided system recharge and gave honest opinion on replacement of fridge

Description of Work
Serviced Subzero Refrigerator - Recommended replacement instead of expensive repair

10/13/2014

Jean P.

Great.! I've used these folks many different times. They are always prompt, courteous , very professional , and respectful of my home. I would highly recommend this company to any customer. This company will always be dependable, though a little high in price.

Description of Work
Fixed dishwasher, refrigerator, air filter for stove top

10/13/2014

Larry W.

-clean did not work. Box Appliance is the official repair service in SD County for Wolf and Subzero appliances. I had a 6-burner Wolf range and a beeper kept going off and the self. Ernie, from Box Appliance, came out immediately and diagnosed the problem. Several parts were replaced at no cost due to 5-year warrantee. A few months later part of the problem resurfaced and, again, Ernie came and replaced the defective parts. For Wolf or Subzero I would not consider using anyone else.

Description of Work
Repaired Wolf appliance

09/15/2014

Stanley B.

Old sub-zero and needed new gasket that required adjustment 2nd time but advised not to do major repairs as Frig is not surviving long.

Description of Work
new refrigerator gasket and service.

09/12/2014

Deborah T.

They basically told me that I need a new refrigerator. That's OK, they're right. Another company wanted to charge me almost $2,000 to and quot;fixand quot; my subzero but Box explained why that would be throwing money away. I agree with them and appreciated the honesty instead of seeking a huge repair bill. They did defrost it for me and so far so good. They are pricey but competent.

Description of Work
Defrosted the refrigerator.

07/31/2014

KENNETH D H.

Technician diagnosed problem on SubZero refrigerator as plugged up water filter (five years old), replaced it, checked over entire appliance, and updated software on the appliance. Service call charge was $120 which seems somewhat high. Filter cartridge was $75, Also seemed high. Technician was knowledgeable, efficient and very quick, also very friendly and clearly explained what he was doing.

Description of Work
Icemaker no longer worked on SubZero refrigerator.

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

09/16/2012

BARRY L.

Box Appliance seems to be the only firm that will work on Sub Zero (or at least the only one I could find). They had a good rating on Angie's List so I called them. Everything went very well except that it cost far more that I thought it should - little, if any, competition.

Description of Work
My Sub Zero refrigerator would not stay cold. The refrigerator was in a house we just purchased that had been empty for some time and the refrigerator had been off.

09/05/2012

Thomas A.

The existing Sub-Zero refrigerator in our recently purchased home was leaking water onto the floor every time the door was opened. This was a problem because we were having fairly expensive new wood floors installed. The soonest available appointment was 3 weeks out which was a bit of a hassle given the timeline of our remodel, but I decided to go with them because they are factory approved. We had to move around our contractor schedule based on this. At 5:15 pm the day before our scheduled appointment, they called and said they were canceling, basically because they had other calls to do that they felt were more important than ours. Next available appointment offered was another week out, which was well after the completion of our floor install. I was obviously frustrated about this, and the woman on the phone was unhelpful.

Description of Work
Tried to schedule repair for leaking Sub-Zero refrigerator

02/18/2012

Tracy M.

He is in my area. I like their customer service. You can usually get an appointment the next day. They cover high-end appliances which a lot of appliance repair company don't do. They are only certified Sub Zero and Wolf appliance repair persons. I rate them high overall and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I use Box Appliance Service Co Inc for appliance repair. I used them a month ago.

10/08/2011

Jean P.

Overall the job was very well done. The service man put quilts on the floor and against our cupboards where he put the refrigerator parts as he took the door apart and replaced the broken part. Their prices are a bit high but the trust and no mess make up for their prices. Yes, I will continue to use them as needed.

Description of Work
We have used this company for a number of different appliances All successfully fixed and very honest and professional people. This service call was for our sub-zero refrigerator. The ice maker/water dispenser didn't work. It was a very big job because the service man had to take the whole door apart to remove the dispenser and replace it with a new one which he had in his truck so didn't have to wait for him to either order one or go to the shop for a replacement. This is one of the things I appreciate about Box Appliance Repair. Each time I have had to call about an appliance they ask me what the trouble is relay that to the service department so they have an idea of the problem and can put parts in their trucks before they come to do the service. It's worked every time. We have used this company for at least 10 years.

06/01/2011

Cheri W.

I would highly recommend them to anyone. They are a great company.

Description of Work
They have installed and serviced appliances for me.

04/10/2010

JUDY W.

The technician was on time and professional both days. Work performed involved disassembly of the motor. The technician kept the area neat and left it clean. My only complaint is the high cost of warranty repair ($800).

Description of Work
During maintenance service on my Sub Zero refrigerator, a freon leak was detected. The leak was repaired two days later.

08/14/2009

Joe G.

They are punctual and professional. They are very tidy. I had a new refrigerator installed and it has a distributor that needs to be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. They always send me a letter to remind me during certain season its time to get it cleaned.

Description of Work
They come out and service my sub zero refrigerator, dish washer, stove, oven, etc.

06/15/2009

Richard G.

The part was no longer available and they could not get the part. The receptionists at the office found out that the dishwasher was under recall and gave me all of the maufacturer information and I took care of it from there. I appreciated their honsety and that they had all of the information for me such as serial number, recall number, etc.

Description of Work
They came to service my dishwasher.

08/12/2008

PHILLIP F.

Disliked the appointment scheduling system not customer friendly.

Description of Work
Yearly check up of sub-0 refrigerator maintenance.

06/19/2008

B B.

Efficient scheduling, repairman very professional, arrives right on time, and is neat with his work. Repairman is always looking for the most cost-effective way to repair my old Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer and keep it running well past its prime.

Description of Work
Parts replacement, cleaning coils. I've forgotten the actual costs, several visits, but always reasonable.

05/15/2008

STACIE L.

THE PHONE CALL WAS NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE, WILL NOT BE REFERRING ANY OF MY FRIENDS TO THIS SERVICE COMPANY AT ALL.

Description of Work
VERY RUDE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE, SEEMED BOTHERED BY MY CALL, WOULD NOT GIVE EST ON THE PHONE OR REFER ME TO SERVICER IN MY AREA, JUST SAN DIEGO.

10/31/2007

BARBARA H.

Numerous service calls. Not working properly. Lots of noises when in operation. Not corrected.

Description of Work
Charged $75 service call to install a free part on a new refrigerator even though there for an additional, under warranty, job. New Bosch dishwasher did not function correctly and was not repaired properly. Still doesn't operate correctly and plumbing noises made during operation not attended to as requested.

09/19/2007

JOYCE W.

I was glad that they were able to fix what was needed because I really thought I would have purchase a new unit. They saved me a lot of money and I was very grateful for the service they provided for me.

Description of Work
I had them repair my refrigerator that as it needed the motor cleaned out as well as maintenance.

09/19/2007

RICHARD F.

They were prompt and helpful; the people from Box did a great job. The man was personable and clean cut and knew exactly what he was doing. They are definitely a top notch company that provides premium service!

Description of Work
Box Appliance Service Company installed a new dishwasher and a new range in my 1340 square foot home.

Milligan Mechanical

We specialize in appliance services, maintenance, repairs, and installs, for all major brands and models! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air

Need a licensed and efficient plumbing, drain, heating or air conditioning professional? San Diegans have trusted their homes to us for over 40 years! We have the experience, training and tools to expertly detect and fix leaks, clear drains, repair sewer lines, and to repair, service and install all brands of heating and AC systems. We stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and "Nobody wows clients like we do!" Before you decide who gets your business, there are a few more things you should know about us: - We are Licensed and Insured - We are a woman-owned, family business. We take pride in our policies and procedures that ensure you get the extra care your family deserves. - We want you to be safe in your home. We conduct some of the strictest background checks in our industry. We even do a personality profile test on every employee... making sure we have the right person for the job. - We offer the strongest guarantees in the industry ... always in writing! - We believe in paying it forward. We support a number of local non-profits such as Susan G. Komen - San Diego, the USO, Girl Scouts and many more. How can we make you smile today?

Offers by Anderson Plumbing Heating & Air on Angi
    Method Plumbing

We specialize in plumbing services, repairs, inspections, installations, drain cleaning, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Sub-Zero, Wolf, and ASKO Factory Certified Service, Sub-Zero Refrigerator condenser cleaning, Sub-Zero Refrigerator Repair, Wolf Oven Repair - Box Appliance is a family owned and operated SUB-ZERO, WOLF & ASKO repair company specializing in the repair, maintenance and installation of products manufactured by these leading manufacturers. Our technicians have always received extensive, ongoing training from these product manufacturers so that we can offer you prompt, courteous repair service.

Box Appliance does not service appliance outside of the Sub-Zero, Wolf and ASKO brand family. We also do not schedule service calls through Angie's List – Please submit a service request online at www.boxappliance.com or call our office at (888) 782-9653, and one of our customer service representatives will be available to schedule your Sub-Zero and Wolf repair or maintenance.