Sunburst Shutters California Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since December 2007

1037 S. Melrose St., Suite B

Placentia, CA 92870

Sunburst Shutters is a full-service window covering company based in Southern California. We have been manufacturing, selling, and installing plantation shutters for over 35 years throughout the nation we are the shutter experts! We offer an extensive line of window coverings to accommodate most budgets and styles. We are best known for our Polywood Shutters since we are the originators. Polywood is the most durable and highest quality shutter you will find on the market! Polywood shutters are manufactured by Sunburst employees in the USA and have a lifetime transferable warranty. We also offer other types of shutters, including natural wood plantation shutters....

07/06/2018

Barry & Carol D.

Perfect. This company replied promptly and courteously. And they had what I needed in the size I needed. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed plantation shutter staples of a certain size not readily found in my Internet searched

Category hurricane shutters

07/06/2018

Norma T.

I did purchase my shutters from Sunburst but didn’t expect they would repair a four year old blind. Their customer service person, Karyn, is very helpful and reassuring. Kimball came out in a couple of days and did an outstanding job replacing my damaged louvre and adjusting the blind so the problem should not recur. This is a quality company with a quality product and they are committed to customer service.

Description of Work
Repair plantation blind

Category hurricane shutters

09/07/2017

Sherri S.

As soon as this Daymon shutter man left my moms house I researched local shutter companies on the internet and looked at the reviews. The best choice, based on my research was Sunburt Shutters. I called and the gal on the phone, Karyn Kee was extremely accommodating. I explained the situation to her because I wanted her to know upfront that mom already had a deposit with another company, so if she could send out an estimator as soon as possible I would try to cancel the deposit and get out of that contract. She sent out someone the next day, very professional gentleman. It was a "specialty" order since there needed to be a space cut out for a doggy door. So he took his time re configuring the order custom made for another property. He was also very particular in making sure that the cut out for the doggy door would not compromise the shutters function. (The Daymon guy did not even do any custom measuring for the doggy door, that also concerned me). The estimate was $4000 from Sunburst Shutters--almost 1/2 of the Daymon estimate of $7000+). PLUS, he included a shade for the bathroom. Approximatly $3000 less for the same order, same materials, etc. PLUS the bathroom shade which was not on Daymons estimate. The ETA for installation was 4-6 weeks, (same as Daymon) so they would arrive mid September. I gave the Sunburst Shutter estimator a deposit and he was actually reluctant to take it knowing that I may loose the deposit with Daymon, what a gentleman. I told him I wanted to confirm the contract and give him a deposit now. Why? Because even if Daymon refused to return the $1200 deposit--the cost would still be LESS, and I wanted to do business with them. So, we moved forward with Sunburst Shutters and confirmed the order. The next day I called Daymon to cancel mom's order. I must say they were very accommodating and credited back moms deposit to her credit card no questions asked. Then to complicate things, mom got sick and was in the hospital the day they were to install the shutters. I called Karyn (Oct.3rd) and explained the situation. My best estimate is that she would be released from the hospital in about a week and then admitted into a Skilled Nursing Facility. I estimate she would be back in her Villa sometime in December. Karyn said she would need to discuss this with there shop manager to see if they could store them for me for 2 MONTHS! Approximatly one hour after our phone conversation she sent me a confirmation email that they would hold them AND they were not charging any storage fees. WOW!! It gets even better when the retirement community she lives in had a meeting with me and highly recommended moving mom from her Villa into a smaller apartment because of her high fall risk. It made sense to me (logically &financially). So, we move mom into an apartment with-in the community. I called Karyn again...reluctantly I explained the situation, mom is moving. According to my measuring, I thought the shutters made for the Villa would probably fit in the apartment, but I did not want them send out an installer to find that my assumption was not accurate. I requested they send out someone who could look at my situation and make a recommendation. I told her that I expected to pay for this person to come to the apartment. The very next day, a gentleman met me at the vacant apartment and remeasured everything. To make the shutters work in the apartment they were going to have to make some adjustments on the entire order. I asked how much these adjustments would cost because I wanted to move forward with the installation. He gently said, you don't need to worry about that, just take care of your mom. OMG!! UNBELIEVABLE! I asked if he happen to be the owner and he said he was. I was more than delighted to tell him of my experience and how he and his staff, and the entire character & values of his company were 5 star. A couple weeks later they sent out the installer and they fit perfectly and looked amazing. This company truly earns there business, I would never go any where else for my window treatments. It really makes an impression on me and reinforces the values in working with a family owned company. I have sent 2 other residence in moms retirement community to Sunburst Shutters. Honestly, I do not know of anything they could do to improve there service &/or product----------- it is really that good.

Description of Work
I was helping my mom who wanted shutters in her living room and den. I had another company (Daymon??) come out for an estimate first. My mother, (against my recommendation- "do not agreeing to anything") was being vulnerable, and agreed to a 10% deposit. and provided her credit card number. I was in the other room over-hearing the entire conversation, this estimator was totally taking advantage of my elderly mother. This guy was a thief--offering her "a confidential pocket special" of $500 off (in addition to the 10% discount) but she must ORDER TODAY. Before he left I came out of the office, he was a little surprised to me. I told him I listened to the entire pitch and that I was not comfortable with him having my 84 year old mothers credit card number. I also told him that she does not own the home, so she would be making this investment for the owners of the retirement home- not a wise idea. Knowing that, did he held his ground & had multiple reasons that it was OK to accept my mom's deposit TODAY? Seriously???? His estimate was over $7000..... and he would not allow mom to even sleep on it.......unbelievable! Used car salesman, just looking out for himself. This is no way to do business, no scruples or concern for the client.

Category window treatments, hurricane shutters

08/09/2017

J T C.

The service we got from Sunburst Shutters was exceptional. They had installed a number of shutters for us in 2009 and we have loved them. Recently when installing a replacement window the technicians of the window company knocked one of the shutter sets out of window frame and damaged the frame and both shutter panels. (I had offered to have the shutters removed and re-installed after the window work was done but the window company said not to bother.) I contacted Karyn at Sunburst and sent her photos of the damage. She contacted the shop and told me to bring them up to them. Rene in the shop did a super job of restoring the shutters to like new appearance and wouldn't even present me with a bill. I could not have been happier with how I was treated at Sunburst Shutters. Great service.

Description of Work
Repair a shutter they had made for us 8 years ago.

07/25/2017

Sherry K.

Awesome, they did a great job and I love my window coverings.

Description of Work
I had 9 shutters and 3 blinds installed.

06/02/2017

Richelle F.

The experience was wonderful. From the first call for an estimate to the day of installation there was not one problem. They were courteous,punctual,and very professional. The quality of their shutters is great, their pricing is right. After installation the house was left perfectly clean.all that was left to do was relax and admire the beautiful job they had performed. I would not hesitate to recommend Sunburst Shutters.

Description of Work
Shutters for my home and for my son's nerves condo.

09/17/2016

Jennifer L.

I was referred to Sunburst Shutters by a family member who had used them over 10 years ago and where still happy with their product. Kimball, who came out to my house and performed the initial measurements and estimate was great. He was very professional, provided lots of information, and was excellent with his follow up after the initial home visit. I went to their shop in Placentia to see more samples before a made my final decision on the size of louvers for the shutters. The women in the office were nice and helpful. The product took approximately 5 weeks to complete and I was able to schedule my installation within a week. The 2 installers that came to house were professional and very efficient. They were able to install of the shutters (26 windows) within 6 hours including cleaning up after themselves. They were able to answer any questions I had and they provided me with tips and tricks on how to care and maintain my shutters. The final product was amazing and looks so good in my home. I would recommend highly recommend Sunburst shutter for you window treatment needs. I had 3 different companies come to my home and provide me with a quote/estimate on shutter. Sunburst was the most cost effective option for our needs.

Description of Work
Sunburst Shutters built and installed shutters throughout my entire home (26 windows) including 2 silding glass doors.

07/11/2016

Giulia G.

there was a problem with an atrium shutter but they fixed it.

Description of Work
Shutters for multiple windows

04/28/2016

Mai T.

We couldn't be happier. Their pricing was reasonable, their representative was professional and friendly, and their installers were efficient and pleasant. No complaints.

Description of Work
29 Windows

03/31/2016

Heidi M.

They were extremely friendly and helpful, gave us the parts and advice on how to do our minor repairs...were willing to help us even though we weren't initially sure our shutters were theirs. (Turns out they were, after all). The next time we need any window treatments, we will go back.

Description of Work
Provided us with spare parts for our existing Shutters.

Category window treatments, hurricane shutters

04/29/2015

Connie P.

They were very professional, they were always on time, or they would contact me if there was a delay.

Description of Work
I have used Sunburst Shutters for the last several years for my home at the beach and for my sons home. They have done small and large windows and patio doors. All and all they have done approximately 14 windows and doors

01/21/2015

Patricia D.

Description of Work
Installed window shades

10/29/2014

Dorothy K.

This is the second time I had shutters installed by Sunburst. My experience the first time was in Las Vegas and I loved the product and service so much I did not hesitate to seek their services again in Indio, CA. They did not disappoint! From measurement to installation the service and product was superb. I would recommend Sunburst to anyone looking for shutters.

Description of Work
Installed shutters in all rooms

05/08/2014

Ronald B.

The entire experience was excellent from our first contact with the sales rep though the final installation. The shutters look and perform according to expectations and all work was completed on time and with excellent results. The company even remanufactured , at no additional cost, a shutter that didn't fit as a result of some changes we had made since the original measuring. I would definitely use this company again

Description of Work
manufactured and installed new shutters in kitche, living room and bedroom of our duplex unit

03/18/2014

Chris M.

I called them out because some of the shutters were drooping in the middle. They are 15 years old. I was contacted and someone was out within a week. He measured and looked at them all. A few weeks later I was again contacted and told they were ready to come back out install new shutters. They installed 5 windows in my kitchen nook. Great installer, prompt and neat. They were guaranteed for life. No cost at all. Great Company that stands behind their product. I would totally recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
!

11/13/2013

Jason P.

The screens are pretty high quality. One in the backyard did break a little bit, but I think my dog may have bumped into it. The quality has held up very well over the years. The material doesn't warp, it keeps its shape, and it protects my floors. Shutters are always expensive and there is no getting around that, but you get what you pay for. Plus, I believe there is a lifetime warranty.

Description of Work
They put polyvinyl shutters on all my windows, about 30 windows, and 3 doors.

09/14/2013

Donna W.

Excellent product, price, and customer service.

Description of Work
Replaced a few magnets.

06/25/2013

Virginia M.

I am a repeat customer of Sunburst Shutters of Anaheim. I have found them to be remarkable to work with on projects. They are honest, responsive, creative, professional, timely and simply delightful. Their representatives will give you a range of approaches, options and colors to fulfill the requirements of your project (even when it requires and quot;thinking outside of the boxand quot;) while remaining sensitive to your particular budget. They are always professional in their demeanor and the products are of excellent quality. Installations are always completed with respect for your property. I whole heartedly and without reservation recommend Sunburst Shutters, Anaheim to anyone with window treatment needs. V Mandella Laguna Beach

Description of Work
Provided black out shades for my daughter's bedroom

03/02/2013

Teresa W.

They put it in everywhere because and that's because those rooms had shutters already. They did our whole house in San Pedro in the early 2000. I've used them twice in a two different homes. They do come out if there's anything. It was ever a problem and it doesn't matte. There are no time constraints and once I was missing a little staple that held it and they came out fixed it right away and that's the only problem I had in 12 years. We looked around everywhere and they were the best price too.

Description of Work
Sunburst Shutters put shutters in the kitchen, living room, bedroom, through out the house withe the exception of maybe two rooms.

09/26/2011

DIANA R.

They did a good job and I have been very happy with my shutters.

Description of Work
They have replaced all of the shutters in my house.

12/21/2007

STEVEN H.

The Sunburst people were excellent. There was a problem with the right verses left folding of the shutters, and they fixed that with in a week. We were referred to them thru home improvement store. The home improvement people created an additional, unnecessary step in the process which added unneeded confusion, i.e., they were not in tune with the status of the Sunburst people, so they many phone calls about things that had already been taken care of.

Description of Work
Ordered 3 sets of plywood shutters for a bathroom. They came out, measured, explained the various options available, and shortly delivered and installed the shutters

09/18/2007

DAVID G.

They were fairly priced and did a great job. They have a reliable staff and hard workers. The work was done perfectly and I would recommend them to other members. They are a great company to do business with.

Description of Work
They installed composite shutters for every window on my house, which is about 40 windows.

09/28/2004

I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE SALESMAN. HE GAVE ME THE BEST RATE FROM ALL OTHER COMPANIES. HE BROUGHT GREAT SAMPLES, AND EXPLAIN EVERYTHING VERY WELL. THE JOB WAS DONE ON TIME AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS

Description of Work
SHUTTERS ON ALL WINDOWS OF THE HOUSE AND THE PATIO DOORS.