CMS Handyman Service

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2006

4.3

po box 6044

Pine Mountain Club, CA 93222

Whether you're looking to make a major renovation to your home or you've accumulated a list of small repair projects, CMS Handyman Service can help. We are committed to handling every job, whether small or large, with complete dedication and an eye to quality. We believe in giving our customers the best value possible. So, although you'll get top-notch materials and workmanship, you'll find that our prices are extremely competitive. Don't just take our word on this - we urge you to talk to our customers and compare prices....

03/07/2015

Cindy P.

I do not think the cost went over the $89 Big Deal. I used them a couple of times. I have used them for my HOA and did some fence work. If it went over, it was only for materials that were needed because it was not part of the package. The guy was just very friendly and helpful. He made some good suggestions. They work in my area. I was happy with the price. I got a few more things to do. I may need to change my water filters again and I need some light switches replaced because the guy at Home Depot said I should do it because it is three-way switch. So, I would consider using them again.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for CMS Handyman Service. I had them replace the water filters on my water purifier. I also had them change light bulbs I could not reach only because they have longer ladders. They replaced a faucet for me too.

Category handyman service, lighting, plumbing, water softeners

01/19/2015

Douglas R.

It was beautifully done. There were no additional fees associated with the deal. It was a good price for the job.

Description of Work
I purchased an $89 deal for up to 3 Hours of Kitchen & Bathroom Caulking and Grout Restoration! They re-caulked a bathtub that was in bad shape.

11/24/2014

Carmela L.

When I called to see if I could use it beyond the expiration date, they never answered my call.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $239 for Installation of a Pre-Hung Interior Door Including Casement and Old Door Removal.

Category doors

09/27/2014

Molly M.

He was on time, and did some patchwork for me. He didn't bring a dropcloth and I had to provided, which surprised me. Other than that, everything was just fine.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this service provider.

09/15/2014

Phyllis N.

The service was okay. The first time he came out, it was fine, but he really just wanted to put in the grout and be done with it. I think the second time he really did not do a good a job as he did the first time. I probably would not call him back, but he did an okay job. I think I needed two bathrooms and the kitchen grouting done and I think he allowed me to use the special for an extra. He gave me the same price for the extra work that he did for the original special so that was helpful. The price was good.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for CMS Handyman Service for grouting.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

07/13/2014

David K.

HORRIBLE experience with this provider. We paid for: "$239 for Installation of a Pre-Hung Interior Door Including Casement and Old Door Removal!" CMS came out and convinced my wife that our door would cost more since it is a six panel door. This is simply a lie. Six panel doors are just a style and cost no more than a slab door and slab doors are very uncommon anyway. He then proceeded to talk her into letting him use the entire $239 to cover just the door and that we did not need a new casement. The entire reason I wanted the door was that the casement was not true. By the time I got home, I had a new six panel door that was no better than my old six panel door, but was now unpainted. Worse, the casement was still untrue and the door still didn't close properly. The only thing I gained by paying this crook $239 was the opportunity to paint a door! I tried to contact him at least 6 times over the next several months with no response at all. Avoid this guy like the plague!

Description of Work
Installed a new door

Category doors

06/13/2014

Andrew M.

Nothing. No contact. No response.

Description of Work
After I paid in full, I continuously tried to get in touch with contractor to arrange service. No return phone calls or emails and no refund ever provided. This was a pre-paid drywall purchase.

04/03/2014

Carolyn C.

My experience went very well. The staff was professional and knowledgeable in their field. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for 3 Hours of Drywall/Plaster Repair, Handyman Services & More.

Category drywall, handyman service

02/03/2014

Michael W.

We have used him for other services after we initially met him through the Big Deal purchase. He is a pleasure to work with. He is very conscientious.

Description of Work
CMS Handyman Service did some masonry work in the backyard. He also did some interior and exterior painting.

Category masonry, house painters, interior painters

01/18/2014

ELLEN K.

The job was pretty messy. I finally took a razor blade and shaved off the excess calking..quite a job for me. I may as well have done the calking myself.

Description of Work
Re calked bathroom tub

12/12/2013

Brandi C.

The price was great but they had a lot of restrictions.

Description of Work
I had a small room that needed painting, and they did paint the walls and the walls only. No doors, no trim, no ceilings.

Category handicap equipment

09/16/2013

Bruce R.

It went very well. Nice, professional people.

Description of Work
Painted the outside of my house.

Category handyman service, house painters

08/31/2013

kim E.

Poorly! The handyman of record, whom I was told would be doing the work did not come. He sent a person with no knowledge of the job. Not worth it, you do not know what you will be getting. Bait & switch!

Description of Work
Cleaned and regrouted shower/bathroom. Did not use grout, many bubbles and holes.

08/26/2013

Lawrence Z.

It was okay. We wanted them to clean some grout but that was not included.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for some caulking work.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

08/17/2013

Caitlin D.

I purchased an Angie's List Coupon to paint an interior room for $99. I inquired at the time if they could also replace gaps in our crown moulding, and Mike assured me that he could. He came out to do the estimate and took a small section of the moulding to match. It was difficult to find--the existing moulding was old and non-standard, and he had to run around to get it, but he found a good match in the end. He and his partner worked quickly and efficiently and we are very happy with the results. My only negative comment was that he was hard to get a hold of and scheduling was a bit stressful. I understand that he was swamped with many calls after his very good deal coupon and so did not mind that we had to schedule very far in advance, but I did find it irksome that it was hard to get him on the phone or to get a call back--until the moment of their arrival, I wasn't quite sure if he was going to show up. But then the work was quite good so that seemed most important.

Description of Work
painted living room and replaced crown moulding.

07/30/2013

Gabrial G.

Very well done and very professional and clean. Great value and a very nice gentleman!!!

Description of Work
Cleaned, repaired and caulked two large shower stalls

07/11/2013

Susan D.

CMS was hard to get ahold of and it was difficult to schedule an appointment. They didn't have the right material. I wouldn't use this company again

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal with CMS Handyman Service for up to 3 Hours of Kitchen & Bathroom Caulking and Grout Restoration

Category ceramic tile

07/08/2013

Ethan K.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was fine. The painting turned out fine. It was just one room so not much to it. There no big issues.

Description of Work
I used CMS Handyman Service to paint one room for me. We had to go buy paint so I ended up spending more.

06/20/2013

Maxine Y.

I felt that didn't really accomplish anything. I asked him to give me an estimate. He canceled and he came later. He didn't, instead of giving me an estimate, I wanted certain grouts to be done and he didn't a very minimum job. I asked him to do more and he said, "Well, that's something else." or "that needs to be extra, I need to come back another day". He just basically worked for maybe an hour just doing a little grouting; probably less than a hour. Based on the voucher, it's supposed to be up to six hours worth of grouting work. So he stayed there for half an hour and just re-grouted some stuff, which there was a lot more that I needed. He just said, "Oh, that's done." and left. So I didn't think the deal was good at all. There was basically a lot of other re-grouting that was close to the shower doors that I said I want done. He said, "Well, I can't grout it unless I change the shower door and if I change the shower door that's extra work that I can come back and give you a quote on but it's going to be like I don't know six or seven hundred dollars. He said that was the only way he could re-grout that area. I'll just re-grout the other little smaller grout." It was just like half an hour and then he was gone. He said if I asked him to do more grouting, the only way he could do that would be to replace both shower doors and that's going to cost a lot more. That was a major project.

Description of Work
I used a big deal purchase for CMS Handyman Service.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service

06/18/2013

William N.

No call, no work done. Why do you collect $ for jobs not done?

Description of Work
I called to set up the work on the tile and grout special twice, but never received a response.

06/04/2013

Javier Y.

He was too expensive and not reliable. He kept postponing the service and never did any work.

Description of Work
I bought a Big Deal for $89 for up to 3 Hours of Kitchen & Bathroom Caulking and Grout Restoration.

05/13/2013

Adam L.

The work was adequate, but I had to touch up an area around where the work was done. I never felt confident comfortable with the guy's demeanor. Just not very professional. Nothing disrespectful or dangerous or incompetent, just rough around the edges.

Description of Work
Hung a TV in a master suite, including drilling holes to lay the wire into the wall and out another hole near the ground.

05/13/2013

CONNIE S.

he was very professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Repaired the hole in the celling dry wall, did a great job so I hired him to take out the popcorn celling on the rest of the celling.

Category drywall, handyman service

05/08/2013

Jeannette Y.

Bought the coupon. He honored it and had a great attitude. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Painted the family room.

05/08/2013

Pamela M.

I bought 2 Big Deals and when the painter came out he didn't know he had to do two rooms. He did come out on time, but I don't think that he allowed enough time between the job he had to do for my home and the home he had after mine. It wasn't as perfect as it could have been .

Description of Work
I purchased 2 Big Deal's for $99.00 each for 1 room of interior painting.

A-1 Plastering

A-1 plastering is both residential and commercial. We are licensed, bonded, registered with PW and insured with 30+ years Acrylic Stucco Modeling Foam Quality Work Guaranteed Call us today for a free estimate. A-1 Plastering LLC I look forward to hearing from you!

Xander's Coats Specialists

Founded in 2018 with over 18 years of industry experience Xander’s Coats Specialists provides quality painting and sealants services in California. Over the years we have worked closely with homeowners, property managers, project managers and architects in a variety of projects throughout the Golden State. Besides from getting background checked, our employees go through our Initial Hire Training Program to assure our clients always get the best service possible.

D & J's Home Services

Available for handyman work and repairs, pressure washing, small painting jobs, roof patch and repairs, drywall repair, small shed building, brush and weed clearance, small water repairs and other needed home repairs.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Construction maintenance service, carpentry, drywall, house painting interior & exterior, plumbing, electrical, acoustic ceiling removal, tile, stone work, stucco patch, additions, remodels.

Pest Control.