L I Metal Systems

Founded 1970 • With Angi since March 2010

Our firm was founded in 1970 and we have successfully completed over 600,000 installations. We currently do work for Military Builders, Large Residential Developers, Custom Home Builders and Homeowners. The management team that guides this enterprise has over 200 years experience in the contracting field. Our success is based on our understanding the particular needs of each customer. We specialize in personalized and reliable service for any size job. If you wish to be spoiled with great service from caring professionals, now is your chance. Enlist the services of the professionals at L I METAL SYSTEMS today!...

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

gutter repair (24)

05/18/2021

Cathy G.

After receiving numerous quotes we were referred to L I Metals. Not only did the have the best price and guarantee, their scheduling totally supported our needs. They came out and the job was done in one day. Could not be happier with the whole experience.

Description of Work
New gutters for whole house

Work Completed On 04/18/2021

05/03/2021

Gabriela A.

It was great. Everything was quick. They did a very good job. I would refer them to somebody else.

Description of Work
They installed rain gutters and downspouts for me.

Work Completed On 01/03/2021

11/05/2019

Matthew C.

I used them again ten years after the first time. Reuben did both the initial consultation and installation. He was very flexible about my peculiar requests about how to do the work. He and his helper were capable installers and were done in two hours. I thought it would take all day!

Description of Work
replace fascia, install gutters

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

08/05/2013

David B.

I wanted to like these guys. They had great reviews here on Angie's list. Michael, the first guy who came over to measure and give me an estimate seemed like a nice man. He told me he'd been doing this for many years and seemed to know what he was talking about. The problem is after dealing with the company I found they were incompetent at nearly every level. Heres my experience: I had gutters on my home from when I had purchased it. I was doing some deck renovations so I had the old gutters removed. I was going to install new gutters on the entire house once the renovations were completed. Michael came over and measured we discussed the job and I got the estimate a few days later. The bid was on par with some of the others I got, but I went with them cause, as I mentioned, they had stellar reviews here on Angie's list. My renovations took a bit longer than I expected. I called back when I was ready and because I wanted to make some changes to where the downspouts would go and put leaf guards in all the gutters, Michael came back out and remeasured. His measurements were the same, but the price was much higher. He said leaf guards were expensive. I decided not to squabble. My feeling was (and still is) I dont mind paying a little extra if I get a competent job done correctly the first time. I signed and was contacted about the install date. The date came and the installers showed up. That's when the issues started. The installers decided that my roof overhangs were such that the 5 inch gutters Michael and I had discussed (and the Michael had measured twice, and that had been on the house since it was built) were not adequate. They would let too much water run off the roof over the gutters. They wanted to nail a 2x4 beam to the facia to push the gutters out further. They don't paint though, I'd have to hire a painter to come and do that (and the painter wouldn't be able to get access once the gutters were installed, so in effect, I'd have to bring in my own contractor to put a beam of wood around my house and have it painted before the gutters could go on. Or, they told me they would just nail the gutters to an unpainted beam. (I was surprised that a company that deals with getting water away from the house would suggest using untreated unpainted wood so close to a place where there would be moisture and wood rot.) Also, aesthetically, 2x4s nailed to my facia boards, I felt would look bad. I asked for other options. They had some aluminum triangular spacers that they said would also work. They showed me what they would look like. They looked fine, so I agreed. A few minutes later they said they didn't have enough on the truck and they have another job so we'd have to re-schedule. They guys packed up and left. Later Michael called back and told me the only option was a 2x4 beam or larger 6and quot; gutters. I asked about the spacer option. Michael told me he talked to the installed and the installer told him the spacers wouldn't work. (Somehow in the 30 minutes between the installer showing me the triangular spacers and the installer explaining the job to Michael the spacers were no longer a viable alternative.) Michael just kept insisting there were only two options. I asked if we could cut little blocks from the 2x4s and periodically space them. Again, Michael said no --he wouldn't explain why though -- only a full 2x4 beam around the entire house or larger gutters would work. I consulted an architect and he was surprised they couldn't put up the gutters in the same manner the original gutters had been installed -- with a metal hook that holds them out from the roof a inch or so. That way I could use the smaller 5 inch gutters which would match the ones on the house originally. I called Michael back and he said they don't use that method, they nail the gutters directly into the wood facia boards. He was adamant that the only way to do it was either nail a 2x4 into the boards and the gutters to that or the larger 6 inch gutters. I decided to go with the larger gutters. Michael told me larger gutters would cost significantly more. At this point I was getting frustrated and annoyed with the LI Metal Systems, but I agreed to pay the extra. I re-verified the job and the leaf guards. A new install date was set a week later and again the installers came. When they left I realized I didn't see any leaf guard in one low area of my roof. I climbed my ladder and surveyed the entire job. There were no leaf guards at all. I had paid a lot of money and they hadn't delivered. At this point all my faith in this company were gone. I realized I'd better test the gutters as obviously they had already proven their incompetence. Sure enough I found leaks. I called them up and was told they'd call me back when they researched the situation. No call came. The few days I called again and was told someone would call back that afternoon to reschedule. A few days later the same installers were sent back. There was no remorse or explanation. In fact, they made some rude and snide remarks that I hadn't paid for any leaf guards. When I explained I paid for leaf guards for the entire job and if I hadn't paid for them why would the head office have sent them back to install them, they told me they dont handle any of the pay issues they only install. (OK, so why have the gall to tell me I didn't pay for them in the first place). Then they told me they didn't like the choice of stain I used for my deck. They would have preferred a different look. (I didn't ask them for their opinions. I think they just felt a customer should know how they feel about work that isn't any of their business) The company never apologized or explained their incompetence and ineptitude which I why I felt I should let other Angie's List members know my experience. Use them at your own risk!

Description of Work
Put up rain gutters at my house

Work Completed On 08/02/2013

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Please accept my sincerest apologies for the horrid inconvenience that you experienced in respect to the lack of satisfactory service and communication with our company. At L.I. Metal Systems, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your (or our own) expectations. I recently learned of this service company (Angie's List); and that we were listed in their system. We are a part of other Construction Service Referral Sites (with well over 200 immaculate reviews) and I wanted to see what I could do to work with this particular site. That is when I come across your review. Let me assure you, I am just as unhappy. No customer should ever have to go through what you did. You would be happy to hear that since the period of this unfortunate review, we have greatly improved in several areas of our company by making key staff changes, improved in production awareness, and more effective training. As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again. Are we perfect, no - but we strive to be. At L.I. Metal Systems we deeply value our relationships and reputation with everyone. We and are committed to providing everyone with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at gcombe@limetalsystems.com Yours in service, Gerald Combe

07/12/2013

Cynthia M.

Not well at all. We never made it past the scheduling. Their business etiquette is horrible at best.

Description of Work
Took my call, scheduled one house for a Saturday appointment the second house I said needed to be done on Friday at 2:30 PM (today). He was pleasant and said either Mark or Frank would call me confirm. Frank called back and said he wanted to do both properties on Friday. I told him that I was extremely busy on Friday and would not be able to do the second house but I needed to do the one house at 2:30PM. Frank said, "Why not? You live there don't you?" I said, yes, however, I will not be there because I have other business commitments away from my home before the 2:30 PM appointment. He was huffy and said well let's forget about the second house now and talk about the 2:30 PM appointment. He agreed to be at the Friday appointment but never brought up the Saturday appointment again. He called back on Friday at 9:47 AM and left a rude and huffy message saying, "I will not be able to make the 2:30PM appointment today and something else has come up that was unavoidable." This last minute message did not allow me to schedule anyone else for this inspection for a time that I originally told them COULD NOT BE CHANGED. I called them back at their main number and complained. Mark answered the phone and listened to my comments for a moment and then said let me give you Frank's number. I told him that I wanted to tell the main office of my complaint. Mark said "would you hold on a minute, I'll be right back". Mark left the line leaving me with music, and never returned to the phone call. To say the least, the company attitude to its potential customers are rude and clearly not customer friendly. I would never recommend this company or these people to anyone. Previous reviews? Well, I have question their validity. Keep in mind, I am just a customer who tried to do friendly business with this business and they treated me bad from the get go. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Work Completed On 07/12/2013

[Member Name Removed], Please accept my sincerest apologies for the poor service that you experienced with L.I. Metal Systems. At L.I. Metal Systems, we take pride in customer satisfaction. Sadly we failed you here and did not meet your expectations. As a new manager within this company I would hope that you might be happy to happy to hear that we have greatly improved in several areas of our company. One area of change is how we handle appointment setting and confirmations. At L.I. Metal Systems we deeply value our relationships and reputation with everyone and we are committed to providing everyone with the highest level of service. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with me at gcombe@limetalsystems.com Yours in service, Gerald Combe

04/19/2013

David C.

The prices were very competitive. I loved their service. They were totally professional. The installation went great. The product has held up very well. The experience all the way around has been really great. The only issue , or gripe I may have is, they do such good work, and are so popular, that scheduling was difficult.

Description of Work
I had gutters put on the side of my condo.

Work Completed On 11/14/2012

04/15/2013

Alicia C.

After calling several companies, I decided to choose this one because they were the only ones who explained everything in detail which included making me aware that our roof had multiple layers and these layers needed to be addressed with 2 x4 so it would drain correctly. The colors also matched better to the color of the house and trimming. The company made me aware that they were busy and when the next appointment was available. Within a few days, I had compared quotes and sent the quote signed to accept the work. I received the called the next day and scheduled the appointment. Then they called me to reschedule very early that day because it was raining massively and could be dangerous. I agreed and had the work done at the end of the week. 2 men came over and did all the work very well. They painted the 2 x 4 to the color of the trim and the gutters were installed correctly. No gaps, no leaks, no weird corners or nails lose. The gutters are working well, and my husband and I are extremely happy.

Description of Work
We had gutters installed in problematic areas around the house.

Work Completed On 01/31/2013

04/15/2013

Robert B.

They were excellent. They communicated with us and they came on time. They produced a very good product. They let us order on the spot because they had the machinery to bend the gutter and make it lank, so that we wouldn't have odd joints and therefore no leaks. It did rain shortly thereafter and everything was draining beautifully, and the product looks very beautiful. It's available in many colors and it matches our house well, and we're very happy with it. Their pricing was reasonable. We will absolutely use them again in the future, but probably we won't have to because the product is so good; it will last for our lifetime. We would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
We used L I Metal Systems for replacing the old rain gutters. They also put in some new ones on our home addition.

Work Completed On 12/14/2012

03/28/2013

Valerie J.

Excellent service from start to finish. Pricing less that other bids, high quality material. Showed us options. Showed up on time and professional. While they were there installing we changed a couple of downspout locations and it was no problem.

Description of Work
We remodeled home, previously did not have rain gutters so this was a new install.

Work Completed On 03/01/2013

03/09/2013

Anne M.

The service was great!

Description of Work
All of our rain gutters were replaced as well as new gutter screens installed.

Work Completed On 03/07/2013

03/04/2013

Hector C.

Description of Work
I contacted them to replaced the front rain gutters atop my garaged. Their initial bid was more than 50% less than the other two I received, so I also asked them to put rain gutters on the rear eaves of my home. They were able to schedule the job within a week, arrived promptly, did the work well within their 4 hour estimate, and cleaned up after themselves. The gutters are seamless, and we had no problems with the last two heavy rains. I'm very happy with them and I will recommend them to anyone.

02/18/2013

Brian B.

Called and they came out next day for estimate. We approved of the estimate and they came out 3 days later installed new gutters in the rain. Looks great!

Description of Work
replaced old gutters

Work Completed On 02/08/2013

02/13/2013

Renee L.

Very smooth. They were there on time and completed the job.

Description of Work
Put up new rain gutters and downspouts around the house.

Work Completed On 01/21/2013

10/01/2012

Erin W.

From start to finish, professional, reasonable, and great job. Will use them again to replace the gutter in the back.

Description of Work
Remove old rainforest and replace.

Work Completed On 09/01/2012

08/08/2012

Feri C.

They were very professional. The workers were very good and on time. I was very happy with everything.

Description of Work
I used L I Metal Systems in March to replace my gutters.

Work Completed On 03/07/2012

01/03/2012

Layola R.

The price was good, lower than two other estimates that I got. As well, there was no money down until the job was completed and upon satisfacation. I found that to be very important.They have a lifetime warranty on the materials and two year on the labor.

Description of Work
They installed new rain gutters.

Work Completed On 12/09/2011

09/15/2011

Ben R.

Entire experience was excellent.

Description of Work
Estimate provided in a timely manner. Work scheduled and completed as planned.

Work Completed On 09/13/2011

09/07/2010

James D.

He showed up on time and the quote was fair. I got 3 quotes and his was in the ballpark. I just got one very low one that I went with instead. I would not consider using him in the future - I would go back to the other guy.

Description of Work
I got a quote from LI Metals for gutter replacement.

Work Completed On 11/02/2009

L I Metal Systems only gave this customer an estimate. No work was done on the customers home.

12/14/2009

Matthew C.

My job was small, just 20 feet of gutter, and my timeline urgent (being the onset of the rainy season). Thankfully, he was both willing and eager to do the work, and able to schedule it for the day after the estimate. The guys showed up on time and finished within 45 minutes. I waited until after the first rains to write this review, and the system performed admirably. It took them three days to return my original call, which is the only thing I can mark them down for. Still, that's better than one of his competitors who never called back and another that disappeared after the estimate!

Description of Work
Installed rain gutter and downspout on small section of house.

Work Completed On 11/20/2009

08/22/2008

Lois W.

It was a great experience. They were timely and efficient and I am confident the work was done well. The people that came out and did the work were competent and efficient and absolutely cooperative, nothing negative at all.

Description of Work
They came out and did some rain gutter work for us.

06/18/2008

LINDA H.

Reasonable pricing, fast , great job. Done in half a day. NO complaints. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Estimator came the day after I called. They installed Colored aluminum gutters on our home and garage. I highly recommend.

11/20/2007

KAREN S.

Very professionally. The estimator, Tim, came out at the appointed time and walked with me around the house so that we could discuss problem areas. He told/showed me how they would solve the problems and faxed me the estimate later that day. The job was scheduled and the the 2 installers arrived on time. The chief installer had the diagram and material specification so we were in agreement about what was to be done. They worked quickly and professionally and I am very happy with the quality of the materials and workmanship. I had white gutters installed along the roof-line with light grey downspouts and it looks beautiful. They finished after about 6 hours and cleaned up afterward. It has not rained yet, so I am waiting to see how well they work. They have a 2 year warranty on installation; lifetime on paint and material.

Description of Work
We had new aluminum gutters installed for the entire house. There were no old gutters to remove.