ATCO Pest Control

California: General
06/30/2024

1250 Petaluma Blvd N

Petaluma, CA 94952

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

ATCO Pest Control, ATCO Termite Control & Home Restoration are full service pest management companies. Family operated and locally owned. ATCO is an EcoWise Certified Provider. Winners of the Department of Pesticides' Integrated Pest Management Innovator of the year 2010....

pest control (23)animal removal (6)

05/10/2022

Ruth D.

We have been using Atco for over ten years at our home in the country. Could not manage without them! Marcus and Jim keep our rodents at bay.. Great company! Highly recommend…

Description of Work
Rats and mice control!

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

Thank you both for your feedback and review. We thoroughly enjoy protecting you and your home from pests.

05/21/2021

Lee H.

I feel they could have listened to my concerns better and been more thorough.

Description of Work
"Rodents trying to get in.fro. under mobile home. "

Work Completed On 05/17/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], we value 5-star experiences. Sorry you didn't schedule with us! Our family teams go above and beyond to share information to help our customers. Give us a call to see how we can help you in the future.

01/30/2021

Alexandra C.

After smelling something dead, on a Friday morning, I contact 5 places and no one would commit to do the work. My husband found ATCO by searching the web. We talked to them on the phone and David from ATCO Pest Control was the one that serves us. He came on time and explain upfront all the terms and what he was going to do. Then, he went underneath the house, (not an easy thing to do because everything is narrowed), and located a dead rat near the heat vents. He also located the points of the entrance where they come. He placed several traps. Then, explain the post-work we will have to do in the near future. He acted very professionally and, we are very please with his work.

Description of Work
Inspect and remove rats from underneath of the house

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for the 5-star reviews. We appreciate earning your trust. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Have a great summer. - Your ATCO Team

08/12/2020

Nicholas B.

Very very well

Description of Work
Raccoon removal

Category animal removal

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

We appreciate your 5-star review. Hope you're staying pest free this season! Reach out to us if there's anything we can help you with. Thanks again.

06/01/2020

Shell C.

It was excellent. It was very clean, non-toxic work, the people who did the work was very courteous and very nice people and I highly recommend them and their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They sprayed for a spiders for me and they looked around anything in the corner of my home.

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Thank you for your 5-star review, [Member Name Removed]. We look forward to hearing how your most recent maintenance service is holding up for you. Call or text anytime with questions. Have a great week.

10/06/2016

Linda P.

The price sounded very high and they don't give any guarantee. We want them to guarantee their work.

Description of Work
Estimate for bed bug control of a 3-bedroom home.

Category pest control

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear about that. Feel free to contact our office to learn more about our guarantee services. We appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.

04/04/2016

PETER J.

Daemon & Kit arrived on time, worked efficiently and neatly. They were courteous and considerate. Good communication with Chris and Bonnie in the business office.

Description of Work
Opened ceiling to inspect & locally treat what fortunately was only a small area infested with dry wood termites. Successfully accomplished this in just a few hours.

Work Completed On 03/17/2016

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your 5-star review. We value your continued services with your ATCO Family and your loyal commitment to keeping your property cleared of pests.

01/18/2016

Mike A.

Work Completed On 11/18/2015

Thanks for your 5-star review, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to your next regular service to keep your property cleared of pests this season. Have a great week.

01/08/2016

Scott V.

Description of Work
Yard and tree rat trap placement.

Work Completed On 12/23/2015

Thank you for your 5-star review, [Member Name Removed]. If there are any pest management services you might be interested in, check out our website for special offers or give us a call to see how we might be able to help.

07/24/2015

christine B.

great. we have been working with this company for several years. nice people. good work.

Description of Work
spray for spipers

Work Completed On 07/17/2015

We appreciate working for loyal customers like you. Thanks for your confidence and helping us grow.

07/22/2015

roger J.

Work Completed On 07/05/2015

Thank you for your interest in ATCO Pest Control. If there is anything we can help you with in the future, please give us a call or text. We appreciate your feedback to improve our services. Thanks again.

07/02/2015

Doni B.

Description of Work
So far, I only had the inspection. Jon was very professional, spent a lot of time explaining what they would do. There are rats under my house and they have torn up the insulation and I will have them seal the basement and install new insulation. I am awaiting their email with an estimate. Jon explained everything I needed and said they could stage the project doing the most critical first, and would make the estimate in phases. So far, I am very satisfied. Thank you.

Work Completed On 06/25/2015

Thank you for the 5-star review. We appreciate working for you.

12/10/2014

Lorraine P.

ATCO has been great to work with and we're all satisfied with the work thus far. They are punctual and easy to work it's a whole team!

Description of Work
We've been working with ATCO since end of October to obtain estimates for a mouse & pigeon problem. Richard our primary tech is very professional and personable. We decided to go forward with sealing out workf or the mice, which began on Monday 12/8/14. The pigeon work has been delayed due to weather. The customer service from the office also terrific.

Work Completed On 12/09/2014

Thanks for your 5-star review! We value our team and your part in it. Thanks again.

08/04/2014

Cheryl T.

Jared from ATCO came out to complete agreed upon work. He hit the bonanza on the 10 set traps he'd left behind - 8 rats, yikes!. ATCO does not use bait as some do which made me squeamish at first ... until he explained that with bait, vermin can ingest it, then die between walls and such, creating an entirely different problem. Understood. Off with their heads! On what had to be one of the hottest days this summer, my tech returned at the appointed time, headed up on the roof, sealing every vented point of entry with a strong gauge mesh in such a manner that all looked unobtrusive and professional. Not that its necessary, but the mesh is also paintable to match existing vent color if I choose to do so. Jared then went back into the attic and cleaned up any remaining droppings there. Finally, he set additional traps to ensure there weren't remaining rats up there now that entry points were sealed. Much to my relief, when Jared returned the 3rd and final time the traps were empty, mission accomplished. The amount of time my technician spent here was considerable. When you contract with ATCO the job is not on the clock. Assessments, remedial work, follow-ups are done thoroughly. I am very pleased with the quality of work, the professionalism and congeniality of my technician, who answered every question and explained the steps involving the work thoroughly. In case you you haven't noticed, there's a fair amount of name dropping in this review. Jared was terrific.

Description of Work
Rats in the attic, eeek! While there are closer pest rustlers near Benicia I researched Atco past Angie's List and liked what I read. I paid $325 for the initial inspection, assessments, 10 traps set, remediation plan and cost estimate. (there was an initial extra $100 travel charge because they are based in Novato, but it was worth every dollar. "Jared", the responding technician spent over 2 hours here (big house). He did a thorough inspection of our attic, roof, identified points of entry along with contributing conditions (trees too close to the roof providing the rats a super highway to access points) along with an action plan to remove traps, clean attic droppings, seal off entry issues. The next day I received an itemized estimate of work to be done - between the $400-$500 range. Total costs will come in around $850, and considering the size of our home and the work to be done I feel the cost is reasonable. I will update this report once work is completed and I know with certainty the problem is irradiated; but based on initial experience I fully expect satisfactory outcome.

Work Completed On 08/04/2014

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for being part of the ATCO Family. We appreciate your continued confidence in our services. Jared and each of our IPM Techs love helping their customers. Thank you for your loyalty and the 5-star review. Stay safe.

07/14/2014

Susan U.

They're lovely to deal with and a very nice company. They did an adequate job. They did the best they could. They did as well as any other company would have done. Spider control can be a little tougher than some other type of pest work. They seemed to do a good job.

Description of Work
They come out monthly for spider control.

Work Completed On 01/01/2014

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you as long as you had the property. We'd love to know how you are. Best, Your ATCO Family.

02/27/2014

Suzanne A.

Atco Pest was recommended to be my a fellow Realtor, as i was searching for a reputable Pest company to clear pest issues in my Seller's home so that the loan would go through. We were under a tight deadline, and it really was luck that I had the opportunity to be referred to Atco. Many companies claim that they can do the job, and in a certain timeframe, but Atco Pest Control DID do the job, and was honestly a pleasure to deal with during the process. And this was a complicated job that required not only spraying, but replacing 2 sub floors in the home. They also had to rebuild part of the deck and steps that had dry rot. Chris Garcia was very professional, communicative and can handle a complex pest situation (termites, rodents, dry rot) with ease. His company handles the permits, and when situations come up, he deals with them and was in constant communication throughout. I appreciate the polite staff, and will certainly recommend them to my clients and colleagues in the Novato and Marin area! Be sure to have Atco come out to give a quote. They can read an Inspection Report, but definitely have them come onsite to give a quote since there can often times be necessary items that aren't shown in the Inspector's report. Hire Atco and you will be in good hands! My client and I were very satisfied!

Description of Work
Clear section 1 of Pest on Inspection Report for my Seller (I am a Realtor) Sprayed for subterrean termites Replaced 2 sub-floors in the home Handled Dry Rot issues

Work Completed On 01/17/2014

12/03/2013

Anne P.

I think they are terrific. They use a nontoxic method, they are very effective, and they are nice people. They cost $110 a visit.

Description of Work
I used ATCO Pest Control for pest, spider and vector control in the middle of October.

Work Completed On 10/15/2013

11/09/2013

James W.

The service was very effective and the two gentlemen were extremely professional and efficient as well as courteous and knowledgeable in their trade. They went above and beyond in their service and I was very happy with the results.

Description of Work
We suffered from a Wasp issue. They came out provided a thorough dusting of the building for the exterior as well as a little of the interior.

Work Completed On 09/09/2013

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your confidence in our services and your 5-star review!

08/27/2013

Merima B.

Discovering that we had bed bugs in our house was one of the most devastating things that has happened to me. The ATCO team responded very quickly considering that this was right around the holidays. After the initial inspection, the team that came to the house was super amazing in the work they did. They disposed of all the furniture (carried everything down L shaped stairs) heated +steamed the three rooms. They also brought a truck with a heated chamber to treat bunch of the furniture in our garage that we were storing for someone (the source of the bed bugs). It was all done in one day. About a month later we discovered a bug in a non-treated area and panicked. ATCO got a team out fairly quickly and treated that same room plus hallway again. I stayed home that day and went up to the room while there were working in it and within a minute i thought I was going to pass out in the heat. These guys really work in harsh conditions and I hope that the company is treating their employees really well. The guys were super nice and friendly. I've waited a long time to write the review because I was afraid that we'd find more bugs... but we seem to be clear. I really like that the ATCO was able to deal with this in just two 1-day treatments without any chemicals. The price for the heat treatments seems expensive but I think it is totally worth it because you get the bugs out quickly and no chemicals used, especially if you have children.

Description of Work
ATCO came to the house at two different times for bed bug heat treatments. Each treatment included heating of the designated area of the house, steaming of baseboards, furniture disposal.

Work Completed On 02/01/2013

Thanks so much for your 5-star review, [Member Name Removed]. Bed bugs can impact anyone's property, especially, during travel seasons or staying at home. Call or text anytime. Glad we could help!

11/15/2012

ELISE G.

See above.

Description of Work
We experienced rat problems in the ceiling above our guest bedroom downstairs. We had ATCO come out once and the guy set traps, did a drawing of where the rats might be coming in and sealed the outside areas. The second time they came out they did find a rat and sealed the remaining areas that could be a potential entry. We then had them come out for a 3rd time and they said the place that the rats were located were in an inaccessible area but that they assured us that they would be looking for food soon and get trapped. NO SUCH LUCK! Not only were the traps untouched 2 weeks later but there are still rats in the ceiling area. We spent over $400.00 and they would not guarantee their work. So I had to call another company. I will report on them after tomorrow.

Work Completed On 10/29/2012

Thank you for your feedback. We're committed to improve our services.

04/05/2012

Jill G.

I would not recommend them. They came, and I paid a fortune. They supposedly rat proofed my house but the problem kept occurring. They came back, and tried to correct the problem again, and charged me again even though it didn't even work the first time, but it still did nothing.

Description of Work
They were supposed to rat proof my house.

Work Completed On 10/17/2011

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. The battle against pests is a challenge we want to win for our customers. All the best in finding solutions for effective pest management for your individual needs. We appreciate your feedback.

03/12/2012

gloria B.

They do a very good job on their quarterly program and they use code green materials. They are especially in to spiders which are full in this area. I have been very pleased with their service. They call me to schedule and they follow up. If I am not at home they leave the check on the door knob and they would just send it in. I don't have anything to compare it to but I am satisfied with the price.

Description of Work
I used the services of ATCO Pest Control for pest control a month ago.

Work Completed On 02/01/2012