Paso Robles Handyman

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2012

PO Box 4662

Paso Robles, CA 93447

We specialize in Home repairs and maintenance. We understand that most people have to-do lists but lack the time to complete them. We can not only help complete the lists for you but can also help prioritize and manage the lists. "Face it, if you were going to do it, it would be done by now". Additional DBA - Home Restoration Services & Property Sanitation, Home Restoration Services and Property Sanitation, Paso Robles Handyman LLC....

05/01/2017

Barbara S.

He has been wonderful. The last few times I called, he was too busy to do the work when I needed. I can't get him when I need him.

Description of Work
I've used them often.

06/02/2016

Cindy M.

09/27/2015

Ramona A.

He had a busy schedule.... Yet, he contacted me regarding his availability of window time, confirmed he was on his way, and arrived as expected. He is truly a kind individual and does a great job. I'll be sure to have him back again.

Description of Work
He hung a very mirror onto the wall for me.

07/11/2015

Debbie L.

Never received a return call - first bad experience with a provider listed on Angie!

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing - could not be bothered with returning my call.

Category handyman service

Hayward is completely out of my work area.

05/04/2015

bill W.

Called and left a message regarding fence repair or replacement. No reply! A week and a half later, I called again and received a callback and was told the person doing the work would call me back to set up an appointment to come and give me an estimate. Never got a call back. I then called C. Bremer Construction, got a callback that evening, got an estimate the next day and had a new fence, a new 8' gate, a new 4' side gate plus a 2.5'x2.5'x2.5' deep hole, concrete as a base for my 20' flagpole. All this work was done on the weekend following the estimate (4 days)

Description of Work
NOTHING!

Category fencing, handyman service

[member name removed] I am certainly glad you got your projects completed. My demand and work load is very great around the community. I am just not available to respond to everybody's needs. I apologize for that. My son and I do quality work as we can get to it. I am glad you found someone who is not as busy who could respond to your needs.

12/31/2014

Rhonda Y.

I will definitely give them a call for future repairs!

Description of Work
Paso Robles Handyman contacted me in a timely manner. He was ver friendly and tried to accommodate my time frame. We weren't bake to schedule the repair due to my limited availability.

10/31/2014

Donna R D.

Total kitchen remodel was accomplished by Richard and John, with the exception of cabinet and countertop install, which were done under separate contract at place of purchase. They make a great and knowledgeable team and remodel was completed in an exceptional and professionable manner.

Description of Work
Gutted old kitchen, raised ceiling, installed tile flooring and backsplash, performed electrical work and installed ceiling and pendant lighting, installed sink faucet and disposal, completed necessary plumbing work, painted, installed molding strips.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

[removed member name], Jon and I enjoyed working for and with you and [removed member name]. It was a fun project and we loved your color and material choices. Thank you for your trust and confidence in our experience and abilities.

10/22/2014

Noreen F.

It went fine, I've used him in the past and have upcoming projects with him as well. He's done some cement work on my driveway, cement painting, he also demolished, took away, and rebuilt my patio.

Description of Work
He ran some electrical to the outside so that I can have automatic sprinklers hooked up.

Category electrician, handyman service

Such a pleasure discussing and planning with you. We always look forward to responding to your projects.

10/20/2014

Betty M.

A week before work started, Richard and Jon Blake went to Lowes to pick up all the purchases I had chosen and brought them to my house. Tile, 2 toilets (one for my master bath), sink, exhaust fan, garbage disposal, paint and grout, lights, etc. Richard and Jon arrived at the set time and started to work. They put drop cloths from my front door to the bathroom entrance. They were a team all the way through and each had his own specialty. They took great pains to keep as much dust down as possible. They worked steady, fast and hard until they were finished, cleaned up every night and hauled away everything they tore out. They were very particular about getting the lines strait and getting the tiles going the same way and making them variegated by laying them out for a dry run. We were very impressed with the two of them, and their suggestions from their experience. One example: The exhaust fan required a bigger hole in the ceiling that took it in another direction. They suggested a large ceiling medallion (bronze to match my new decor) to cover the fan and bigger hole. Looks beautiful. Reasons to use this pair: They are conscientious, honest (no need to haggle, if they say that is the cost, I believe them.) If something is not right at a later date, I know I can call and they will still be around. Working with the two of them, was so easy. At the beginning, They came over to see what we needed, then gave a bid on everything I asked for. They did not say and quot;I will get with my electrician, my plumber, my handyman, my painter, and have them come over to give you a priceand quot;. I call Richard and Jon and quot;One stop handymenand quot;. We were so impressed with young Jon and his work ethic. I asked him how he learned his trade (excellent tiler). He said when he was a teen, he visited his uncle who was a contractor and worked with him. He said working and seeing how things were done and his experience and practice with his dad is how he knows what he is doing. So, we have a suggestion for all those people who have lost their jobs and are looking for work: Why don't you find something you might like to try or to learn and volunteer your services to someone in that field while collecting unemployment. By the time your benefits run out, you might be skilled enough to start your own business. I'm sure you could find some business that would let you tag along in exchange for helping them with menial tasks. We can't thank Angie enough for this recommendation. In addition, we feel like we have found a couple of new friends in Richard and Jon. joe and betty mendoza

Description of Work
Updated guest bath! Tore out old flooring tile and baseboard, counter and backsplash tile, sanded and prepared walls for painting. Patched and treated wall behind toilet which had mildew due to leakage from damaged phlange that had to be replaced. Cut pony wall and cap down 6-8". Installed new exhaust fan, Painted 3 coats, Installed floor tile, counter and backsplash tile. Installed new sink, toilet and faucet. Also moved existing electrical wall fixture connection about 8" higher and installed new light fixture, thereby making the room much brighter. KITCHEN Update: Recaulked old grout on kitchen sink, installed new kitchen faucet, garbage disposal, undercounter led lighting strips and kitchen blind. Master Bath: Installed new toilet

Category handyman service

Thank you for your kind words, trust and confidence. We look forward to always responding to any of your needs and projects.

08/26/2014

Sarah A T.

You'll have to search a while before finding someone as pleasant as Richard Blake. He and his son, John, are very friendly, personable people, and are willing to discuss and work with you on every detail of your project. The work they do is top notch, very clean, and thorough. They are willing to take care of things like picking up materials from the home goods store, taking delivery of items at the site, and hauling away all debris. They make the effort to cover furniture, walls, and flooring as they work, and they leave the area of work clean and as if they were never there. They are even willing to move furniture as necessary, and will make sure to do a walk-through to take care of any remaining items. I was going to be absent from my home while they were working, so it was important for me to be able to trust these guys. I would not only trust Richard in my home, I would trust him to watch my child (if I had one). The only complaint I have is that Richard under-estimated the time it would take to do my job. He said 2 weeks, and it ended up being 3. A little of that time was taken up by discovery of termite damage that was unexpected and needed to be repaired. And of course, delays are part of life. But there was no way they would have been done in two weeks even with out that delay, even though he continuously told me he would have it finished on time, up to the last day of the two week period. Because time was such a factor for me, I even had to eliminate one aspect of the project because I knew they wouldn't be able to finish. It's not that Richard is dishonest; I believe he wants to tell you what you want to hear, without fully thinking through all of the time-related implications. And then he is hesitant to come clean about the true amount of time it will take when he realizes there will be a delay, because he doesn't want to disappoint you. I would definitely recommend Paso Robles Handyman; his prices are good, his work is quality and he is a very pleasant, honest individual. I would only advise to press him on all the details of his schedule, and to add plenty of time to what he estimates.

Description of Work
New tile flooring, new doors, new trim, painting (walls and ceiling), stucco repair, and demo of tile, base and carpet.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, hauling services, interior painters

08/14/2014

Joyce C.

Mr Blake replied to my contact within 48 hours and set up an appointment. He had to reschedule the appointment at the last minute due to illness, but rescheduled and showed up on time about two days later. He said he'd email me a quote for the work within 2 days but that did not happen. A week went by and he left a phone message saying he was so busy that he'd have the quote to me and quot;tomorrowand quot;. That did not happen. I still have not received a quote from him, nor any further contact. I can not recommend this company.

Description of Work
Did not follow through with promised quote. Left me hanging.

Category handyman service

Dear [Member name removed], I do not blame you for the disappointment and rating you have given me. My son and I have just had an influx of requests lately and it seems that every job has expanded beyond what was originally agreed upon. New tasks have been added and I do not like walking away from a client until requests have been completed. Thus possibly my downfall. At this time our company consists only of my son and I which makes good quality control but delayed responses to new requests. Thank you for contacting us.

05/05/2014

Lynn H.

I wasn't happy with the color of the stain and they gladly worked with me to get the right color. They finished painting my small bathroom which had been started by someone else and they corrected mistakes that were made and and did a really nice job.

Description of Work
Power washed and stained cement patio and finished painting small bathroom. . This is a father-son partnership and they work very well together.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, interior painters

03/10/2014

Cathrine C.

Exactly as we hoped and expected.

Description of Work
Installed a new toilet and recycled our old one

09/23/2013

Daniella M.

Richard responded promptly to my email requesting an estimate. He told me the day he could come out for an estimate, and arrived as promised. The night before our scheduled appointment, he called to confirm and also let me know what my estimate amount was going to be. He arrived on time, everything was installed properly and with attention to detail. I think the stove bay was down to maybe an 1/8and quot; wider than the stove itself. He made it fit in perfect with virtually no room to work with. When it was time to hang the pot rack, Richard went over a couple of different options with me. He was patient and made sure I was happy with the placement before proceeding. I will definitely call him back when I am ready to proceed on the other projects I have here.

Description of Work
Install a gas range in kitchen (that needed to be converted to propane) and also hang a pot rack.

Category handyman service, plumbing

08/05/2013

Sharon T.

Father and son are great workers. Took a couple weeks before they could start since they are in demand for their services. They did a great job and completed the job in about 5 or 6 hours. Their estimate was accurate and on the money! Had to work in 109and ordm; heat but didn't stop work or complain of the heat. I will call them again for more jobs in the future.

Description of Work
repaired front deck and stairs replacing bad wood, also area in back deck, sprayed sealer around fireplace chimney. Then cleaned up and removed the old wood.

Category handyman service, hauling services, chimney repair, deck cleaning

08/05/2013

Bill J.

Father and son team arrived punctually, completed work satisfactorily. The reason a gave them a B rating is because they take a couple of days to return your call. I understand that hey are quite busy, but a secretary to respond to calls would be a good idea.

Description of Work
Repaired wall socket and two overhead light connections. Installed three motion detector lights.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

05/28/2013

Donna R D.

Mr. Blake and his assistants were efficient and courteous and mindful of any potential for damage to the property during removal and installation of the sinks. They also hauled away all resulting trash. Prior to the work, Mr. Blake walked us through what needed to be done and gave us an estimate of the cost, the only variable being unforeseen needed parts. The work was completed in several hours and the new sinks look beautiful. We highly recommend him, and will certainly use him and his team in the near future for other projects.

Description of Work
Removed existing sinks and installed 2 new bathroom sinks and faucets, to include replacing defective inlet valves

Category handyman service, plumbing

05/21/2013

Donna P.

Other reviewers have stated that you need to wait for these guys. Well..... 6 weeks is too long for me, especially when my irrigation system needed to be looked at. I'm going to hire someone who has the time for me.

Description of Work
I had a list of misc repairs that Richard and his son came by to look at in April. He said they could do all of the work and would be available in 2 weeks. 3 weeks later he called to say he would be available in a few more days. I never heard from him again. It has been 6 weeks since the first contact. If they were too busy to take the job, they should have told me.

05/10/2013

Melissa S.

Richard was very prompt in returning my initial call. He and John came and looked at everything I needed done then he sent me an estimate a few days later. It took him a while to get back out to actually perform the work but he kept me updated on his schedule and arrived on the days he indicated. At different points in the process of completing all the work, he had to leave to attend to other jobs but let me know he'd be back. Ultimately, I'm pleased with his work and patient with the fact that he seems to have quite a few clients and projects. He seems to be quite busy and always optimistic about when he come back to do more. But nothing that I have is an emergency. He's professional, friendly, courteous, and reviews details of the jobs with me. I like that so I'm willing to wait until he's available to come back.

Description of Work
Richard and John installed a reverse osmosis water filtration system, repaired some plumbing, replaced a bathroom sink faucet, installed an air conditioner, and assembled a children's play structure.

02/04/2013

ruth M.

Father and son were punctual, arrived at appointed time, and set down to work. Most refreshing, they were open to exploring several ways to install the new lighting... for aesthetics... Nice people and a good experience.

Description of Work
Removed old, dated light fixture and installed three ceiling "pot lights." Removed old bathroom faucet and installed new one.

11/29/2012

Sharon T.

Richard Blake and his son are very helpful. The Blakes pulled out the old stove (which Sears didn't do!) and measured the space. They said the new range would fit and they brought it to the area to prove it. They removed one wood strip which was on the floor in front which would allow the range to slide into the space. They didn't charge me anything! The said they would install the range then and there, but I said that Sears might void the warranty if they (Sears) didn't install the range. Anyway they disconnected the old range and moved it out so that Sears could pick it ul and remove it. I will certainly use Paso Robles Handymen in the future. They are GREAT!

Description of Work
I was told by Sears that my new range couldn't be installed because the area wasn't wide enough. They said the existing slide in area had side lips that needed to be removed and suggested I call a handyman to do it. Paso Robles Handymen (The Blakes) came and pulled out the old stove (which Sears didn't even bother to do!) and measured the space. They said the new range would fit and they brought it to the area and began to move it into the space to prove it. They removed one wood strip which was on the floor in front which would allow the range to slide into the space. They didn't charge me anything! I will certainly use them in the future.

11/16/2012

Steve S.

Richard is very professional and dedicated to doing an excellent job . Will use him again in the future.

Description of Work
Richard and his son Jon fixed a number of drywall cracks and installed a bathroom fan and its ducting to the roof vent.

11/09/2012

LD B.

Punctual, polite and did excellent work. This father/son team knows what they are doing. We had a water leak and were in a hurry and panicky. They responded to the urgency, came and fixed the problem, then turned the water back on for my shower in the morning. Fantastic. Finished up the next day. It looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Water pipe inside of wall sprung a leak at the joint. Replaced joint, replaced drywall, and finished with texture and paint.

09/10/2012

Myra L.

From the time I called for an estimate, until all the work was completed, father and son were friendly, courteous, honest, and very professional. I would use them again, and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Richard and John made mutiple repairs inside our home: a shower door that didnt't close properly, change of bulbs in multiple closets, bathroom, kitchen faucet repair, blind cord repair, and dimmer switch replacement.

06/12/2012

Cynthia S.

Excellent work. Arrived on time and cleaned up afterwards. Very professional. This father and son team are worth it! I would used them again.

Description of Work
Repaired leak damage, replaced light fixtures, installed recessed water valve for refrigerator, installed rain gutters and downspouts.

Elite Rooter

Elite Rooter is a local licensed plumbing services company offering professional, reliable and friendly plumbers. We never charge trip fees, estimates are always free and we have special offers on drain cleaning.

Pacific Palace Painting Co

Pacific Palace Painting has been serving the painting needs of the Central Coast since 1986. We specialize in Interior and Exterior painting of commercial and residential properties. Michael and the team are courteous and professional and will always give you the best price along with high quality products.

We Do Windows, Inc.

Serving tens of thousands of thrilled, raving fan clients since 2001, We Do Windows, Inc., comes to you highly recommended and well endorsed by the most powerful names in California. From record-breaking turn around time on top government construction projects, to hundreds of happy dentists, doctors, attorneys and property management companies - We Do Windows, Inc. continues to grow their trusted and expanding association of the top, elite business groups in California. Since 2001, we hold a strong history of experience, success and an ever growing crowd of thrilled, raving fan clients. The expanding scope of the thousands of homes that we serve every year, and the trusted association of the top construction companies who partner with us is undeniable evidence that our services are clearly adding the most value to every single client. The no-liability factor at every job we are at gives our clients further peace of mind, because we are fully insured, licensed in every city we serve, and we hold workers comp, further removing any liability from the client. We are respected in the finest communities, and are endorsed by the biggest, most respected names, names that have a lot at stake by endorsing us. Literally, hundreds of testimonials from our clients, and thousands of home owners call on us as their go to cleaning company to put their homes in mind condition for home entertainment. Likewise, the construction community relies heavily on our ability to show up on time, do the job effectively, do the job once, and do the job now- when they need it done in the crunch. We are associated with the major and elite business groups and have a solid network of business men and women who count on us to serve their friends, family and business associates. Knowledge is the golden key with our technicians, they can tell you everything about how each window is constructed, the sealing system, and the best products to use if you want to touch them up. Also, they can instruct home owners on window safety and teach how to exit the home via the windows in the event of an emergency. Once a client works with us, they become a part of our family, and we extend our seven day rain policy, our pre-payment walk-through to ensure complete satisfaction, further we also will bundle our services as to give you the best value each and every time. Rigorous training is paramount within our company, as an example, all our technicians go through intensive training every week to make sure that as a client, you are treated to the best experience possible and that you get the best clean possible. Credibility is another pillar within our group, not only are we fully insured, licensed and carry workers comp, all our technicians are consistently and frequently drug-tested, background checked, sex-offender and criminal records are checked consistently and frequently. The standard for each and every technician is to be clean and professional. Strong origins: we were started over 10 years ago by our President Chris DeCollibus, he founded the company from the back of his Kia, knocking on hundred of doors daily, adding as much value as possible to every single client, and under his leadership the company has defied the statistics of new cleaning companies, becoming California’s Largest, Most Professional, Most Value-Added Window Cleaning Company.

Offers by We Do Windows, Inc. on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Flooring, siding, painting, electrical, plumbing, fencing, deck repairs, ceiling fans, shelving, exhaust fans, door hardware, doorbells, caulking, trim work, picture hanging, dryer vents, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, appliance installation, garage and property clean up, landscape, rain gutter cleaning and repairs, sprinkler, closet organization, power washing, faucets & toilets.

Roofing, large concrete slabs & home building.