SIMON URIBE TREE, LANDSCAPING & GARDENING SERVICE

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2007

5-6 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR ELECTRICAL. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. SERVICE FEES MAY APPLY.

lawn care (53)tree service (27)lawn & landscaping (22)irrigation system (11)leaf removal (5)lawn treatment (4)

09/01/2022

GEORGE P.

Simon came out gave me an estimate and also how long it would take.His crew removed 4 hedges,cleaned out the beds and put river rock in the beds along the house.Also trimmed several of my neighbors trees that were overhanging onto my property.They also cut and edged the lawn and cleared out the driveway of weeds that were coming thru the cracks of the cement.Work was completed in about 3 hours by a crew of 4.Crew was very professional and courteous and I would recommend and would hire Simon to anyone needing this type of work.

Description of Work
yard clean up

Work Completed On 09/01/2022

05/08/2021

Melissa M.

Mr. Uribe called me back, we set up an appointment and he came on time. After I showed him what needed to be done and I told him he could write or call back with a quote, but he said he can already give a quote. He said $1500 for front and back. This time I requested that he write it down because I like to have it in writing to remember and to have a record of everything the job would encompass, but he said he didn't do that. I said I'd think about it and he left. (It was for pruning a med. sized orange tree, small lemon tree, a med. sized fig tree, two lavender bushes, 1 transplant of a blue agave, and then removing 3-4 large agaves and their sucklings. I don't know if it includes hauling.)

Description of Work
Pruning and large agave removal

Work Completed On 05/08/2021

Hi Ms. [Member Name Removed]. We are sorry you are disappointed and saw a need to write us a review and a rating of "2" because Simon was not able to give you an estimate in writing at the time of his visit. Simon is very honest and trustworthy. His estimate does include hauling. Should you still wish to receive a written estimate, I'll be happy to e-mail it to you. Thank you. Mrs. Uribe

08/07/2020

Don G.

They arrived soon after I contacted them to inspect my yard. I am waiting for a proposal.

Description of Work
Install a water line and electrical line from the house up to the top of my hillside backyard.

Category irrigation systems

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

07/14/2020

Sue B.

A crew of four spent 1 1/2 hours trimming, removing and cleaning up. I have a pool and several droppings ended up in it (unavoidable due to location of trees). Simon’s crew cleaned all of the debris out of the pool and cleaned up very well. I have used him in the past and will use him again.

Description of Work
Three trees trimmed, one wisteria bush removed.

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

06/04/2020

Beth H.

I was very pleased with the work I had done. Simon is responsive and professional. We agreed on 2 days of work, which included 3 workers. The workers were polite, relatively quiet, and worked efficiently - most of the work was done in one day. I will definitely use Simon and his crew for projects in the future.

Description of Work
Yard clearance and removal of dead trees.

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Thank you very much, Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. Simon Uribe

04/16/2020

Antoinette M.

Ok, however I requested receipt 3 times in a 3 week period. Wanted to hire him to mow the lawn once again & felt he was too expensive.

Description of Work
Clean up yard

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

12/03/2019

brian W.

Awesome. Simon was the quickest to respond and the most professional of folks we engaged for this piece of work. Simon met with me initially, provided a quote, then scheduled and completed the work. This all happened in the span of 4 days, including Thanksgiving! I would not hesitate to use Simon again and plan to in the not too distant future.

Description of Work
Large cleanup of weed

Work Completed On 11/02/2019

11/18/2019

Dan K.

work was scheduled quickly and performed quickly and efficiently. looks great.

Description of Work
remove two lawns and replace with sod, rip out dead plants, trim hedges, clean up , install 3 new sprinkler valves and repair rest, plant new hedges and flower beds

09/25/2019

Americo C.

Simon and his team are very professional, punctual and transparent with excellent attention to detail. The work they perform is high quality, and we have decided to hire them for follow on maintenance. We recommend them to all Angie's List users !

Description of Work
Complete landscape restoration, sprinkler repair, and re-sodding at two homes.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

05/28/2019

Gordon B.

My yard was overgrown. Simon and his team came in and did a great job of cleaning it up. He came out with his assistant and gave me a quote. Not the cheapest, but also nowhere near the most expensive either. The job included removal of overgrown grass and weeds, trimming of bushes and light tree trimming and removal of some small trees. We came to an agreement and his crew arrived on time on the day of the work. We did another walk around the yard before they started just to make sure everyone knew what was expected. I also marked some trees and bushes with tape so that these would be left alone or just trimmed. His crew was very efficient and got the job done in about 7 hours, including their lunch break. Other gardeners had told me it would take at least two days and hauling the debris off was extra. Simon's price included disposal. Excellent job all around! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Yard cleanup

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Work Completed On 05/09/2019

Thank you, Mr.[Member Name Removed], for your positive review. Let us know if we can be of service in the future and please recommend us to your neighbors when they have a big job such as yours. Sincerely, Simon Uribe

10/27/2018

Lindy R.

Both my front and back yards had gotten out of control - overgrown hedges, vines, old tree trunks and more. This attracted critters and bugs. So I contacted Simon. He was professional, gave me a quote on first day and communicated to me every step of the process. I was amazed that the volume of work was completed in two days. Everything was removed, my yard is clean. The team that worked on the job were all very nice. I would definitely recommend Simon for any gardening/yard work needs you have. Here is what was done - front - trimming two hedges, removal of small trees growing in middle of one hedge. Removal of bamboo hedge all along one side of front/back yard - a very tough job. Removal or trimming of all excess growth on fence around backyard. Removal of 30 ft. palm tree. Using stump grinder, removal of old ash tree stump and various small trees/weeds behind garage. Trimming/shaping of lemon and jacaranda trees.

Description of Work
Extensive yard work

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

06/11/2018

Christy C.

Simon is professional and responsive. His team works very hard and is also professional. He quotes quickly and works with you to address your needs.

Description of Work
Tree & Hedge Trimming

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, tree service

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

05/30/2018

Katherine P.

They were fast, reasonably priced, friendly and did a great job! I live out of the country and they made arrangements with our tenant directly to come out and take care of the job. The tenant was pleased with their service on a personal and professional level. I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Trim giant timber bamboo from approximately 30 ft to below power lines (at approximately 15 ft)

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

10/27/2017

Larry B.

Simon was very good about calling when he said he would and showing up when he said he would. His crew did a good job and everyone involved was very professional. Any time I had a request regarding the work, they took care of it. They also did a nice job on the clean up after finishing the work. The amount charged was right in line with two other estimates I received for the same work.

Description of Work
Simon's company trimmed two trees at my home -- a large oak tree and a Chinese elm.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

Review for SIMON URIBE TREE, LANDSCAPING & GARDENING SERVICE - 2414 E Woodlyn Rd, Pasadena, CA - 36487214

10/08/2017

L V S.

Simon Uribe and his crew were most courteous and punctual. They did a fabulous job and did their best to not irritate the adjacent neighbors. Mr. Uribe truly promotes friendship and a great work ethic with his crew and clients. Am looking forward having his services on a long term service relationship as well as friends.

Description of Work
Major cleanup of yards during transition from another provider.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

09/02/2017

Susan R.

Simon and his team were very hardworking and did a great job at a fraction of the other bids given. We were flexible with timing and they still came right out and worked for 3 days straight until the work was completed. The removal of a giant deodar pine tree and 2 avocado trees required significant skill, and they did a wonderful job. I look forward to having Simon do more work around our property. On a personal note, Simon is probably one of the most kind and professional people I have worked with. Definitely consider him if you are looking to do landscaping, tree removal, or hardscape (concrete) work.

Description of Work
Simon and his team removed 3 very large trees in poor condition on our property. The also removed 2 small citrus trees and 250 sq ft of ivy.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 09/02/2017

08/18/2017

Yvonne S.

It was a fast and easy process. Everyone was Extremely courteous, professional, and nice.

Description of Work
3 overgrown trees and hedges along a fence.

Category landscaping, tree service

08/04/2017

Isabelle C.

Great! Fast and reliable service. good prices.

Description of Work
Excellent! Simon is wonderful.Definitely will work with him again.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

07/25/2017

Melanie N.

They did an amazing job! Even more impressive is that they installed the grass in a few days...right before our party! Simon is reliable and a man of his word. I would definitely recommend him to others!

Description of Work
Simon and his team installed new sod to the front lawn and backyard of my property.

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

04/17/2017

Shannon S.

Prompt response to request for estimate. Scheduled quickly. Showed up on time, did a good job and cleaned up well.

Description of Work
Tree removal and landscape trimming

Work Completed On 10/22/2016

03/14/2017

Gerald T.

They've done a good job. It takes an hour to get the lawn work done. The workers are good and friendly.

Description of Work
They did lawn work.

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

11/10/2016

Emerson G.

Looking at Angie's list for landscapers, I chose Simon based on his prompt response and honesty. I was not disappointed. His people did a great job and have good work ethics. They were able to deliver on the plan in the estimated time period and are also flexible with minor changes. Granted there was no list or contract of what will be done but based on this experience, I must say they even went beyond what was agreed upon. Our front yard went from unfinished to beautiful! Thanks Simon!

Description of Work
Front yard drought tolerant landscaping/hardscaping, front concrete pathway, drip irrigation and grading.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 11/01/2016