Lansford Roofing Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2006

3535 Landfair Rd

Pasadena, CA 91107

At Lansford Roofing Inc. we are a California state licensed bonded and insured roofing company that knows a quality roofing job just doesn't happen by chance. As a Licensed Roofing contractor serving the cities of Pasadena, Arcadia, Sierra Madre, San Marino, Altadena and the surrounding communities

11/06/2017

LINDA W.

The entire project was completed in just over 5 days and went well overall. The roofer and his crew addressed all of my concerns about water damage and leakage and explained what they did to prevent future leaks. The materials used exceeded the quality of those typically deployed by roofers: GAF Tiger Paw underlayment is better than the black felt commonly installed (no gaps); the metal roofing panels have a 50-year warranty; the low-E insulation was an upgrade that added $2200 to the total cost but was well worth it in view of recent heatwaves. Lastly, I want to emphasize how honest and transparent the owner, Robert Lansford, is. He provided me with a list of all his roofing projects and the roofing materials used so that I could see the finished results for the roofing material I selected. He also gave me a written 10-year warranty on workmanship so that there is no misunderstanding about what is/isn't covered. He also requested that I make out separate checks for the permit fee, roof tear-off and materials, which enhanced transparency and avoided potential liens on my property. When a homeowner makes a substantial financial investment in a new roof, it's critical that the s/he is dealing with a roofer who is both honest and knowledgeable about his craft.

Description of Work
Tear-off of existing concrete tile roof over house and garage; replacement of damaged fascia, plywood sheets, eave boards, etc.; installation of GAF underlayment and low-E thermal barrier; installation of batten system and metal roof panels; installation of new baked enamel valleys, vent pipes and wall flashings; application of two layers of base sheets to flat areas of roof and polyglass torchdown of those sheets.

04/12/2017

Arleen T.

Mr. Lansford, the owner, spent less than 10 minutes total at the property. I could tell within a few minutes that he had no desire to do the roof. He promised to email me a quote and I've yet to receive a quote. I realize that this is a busy time for roofing companies in California after our rainy season, but at least be professional when you meet with clients. There are many other roofing companies out there; I'd recommend searching elsewhere. Very disappointed!!

Description of Work
I needed a roof replacement on my mother's home.

04/06/2017

elizabeth M.

It went very well - Mr Lansford was great to work with he answered so many of my questions . I feel trustworthy and honest

Description of Work
Reroof house and new roof on sister's home

03/30/2017

michael A.

We got the roof done over three years ago and we have not had a single problem. Robert the owner was very helpful and knowledgeable. My grandfather was a roofer for over 40 years and he prepped me with all the questions I needed to ask, and Robert was willing to answer them all. Him and his crew were very punctual, clean, and trustworthy. They would also keep me updated with the progress daily. He did not try to sell me anything, he just gave me what I needed to have a leak free roof. He also went above and beyond because I was pregnant and unable to climb on the roof to cover breezeways with mesh so he did it for me at no extra cost. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Take off of old shingle roof. Pull permit, lay down plywood, and re-roof with composition shingles and a flat roof.

01/03/2017

STEPHEN S.

We regrettably could not use him because his insurance did not cover his workmen, because of the height of our house

Description of Work
Robert Lansford came extremely promptly in pouring rain, to look at our leaking roof. He immediately informed me that his insurance did not cover three story houses. However, he very kindly and courteously stood in the rain to politely answer questions I had. He gave extremely valuable advice for which I was most grateful. I would recommend him unconditionally.

03/14/2015

Dorothy B.

They showed up on time. They started with the flat section on my roof and the overhang porch roofs. It took them two days to complete the job which is what I was told it would take. They did a beautiful job and did not leave a bit of roofing or trash around the house. I couldn't have asked for a better crew. The owner is very personable and professional and he explained everything that would be done in the contract and verbally. Even though they started at 7 am my neighbors could not believe how quiet they were.

Description of Work
Installed a new and beautiful roof.

08/20/2014

Bobbi N.

Thoroughly researched roofing contractors for my significant project. What a rare and satisfying experience! Robert Lansford is extremely knowledgable, honest, meticulous to detail. He is determined to make clients happy - proud of his workmanship and product. A man of his word, he met every expectation. At a time when one can often feel raped as a consumer, this is the consummate professional. Enjoy your venture - use Robert! (I?ve never written a review before in my life!)

Description of Work
Tear off and replace roof on steep tudor residence with 3 independent structures.

08/11/2014

Shane M.

I was more than pleased with Lansford Roofing. They were all professional and not just got the job done quickly, but got it done the right way from what I could tell. Obviously with the drought we're in, it hasn't rained here since the new roof was put on so I will have an update after the first rain. Save for that, and I couldn't be happier with the serrvices they provided.

Description of Work
They removed the old roof and replaced the boards and installed a new roof.

07/30/2014

Dan W.

Lansford roofing inc is a very professional roofing company. They did very high quality, efficient, clean and friendly job with advanced material but reasonable( actually good) price. After I studied the roofing market for one month and compared several contractors, I made the right decision and good choice!

Description of Work
Roofing.

07/11/2014

Julie K.

Really appreciated Robert's input even though I was not a customer yet.

Description of Work
I am having ventilation issues in my attic. I talked over the problem with Robert. He spent time explaining ventilation and offering me some options for solutions.

07/11/2014

Anne B.

We obtained bids from several companies to replace our HOA roof. Lansford Roofing's bid was fair in price and, very importantly, we knew from the first meeting that he was an honest businessman and would be easy to work with. We presented the bids to our HOA members and several questions were raised. Robert answered all of these questions and concerns promptly and professionally. He kept us informed as to timing of the various steps in the process, when deliveries would be made, when City Inspectors would be coming etc. An unexpected snag occurred with the subcontractor originally chosen to do the tear-off. Robert handled this quickly and prevented what could have been a substantial delay. His crew was polite and respectful to all the unit owners. They arrived on time every day and cleaned up every night. Magnets were run over all the yards to pick up any loose nails or metal from the job. We still found a few but that is to be expected considering the size of the job. The new roof looks terrific and there are many additional attic vents than before which should be of great help in our hot summers. They did an outstanding job and our HOA highly recommends Lansford Roofing.

Description of Work
Complete tear-off and roof replacement on 4 unit townhome complex

12/16/2013

Luanne D.

It went very good. They did a quality job with a fair price.

Description of Work
I used Lansford Roofing to put on a new metal roof.

12/06/2013

Jeanette H.

Their workmanship makes them good. The staff is good.

Description of Work
I used Lansford Roofing to replace our roof.

06/14/2013

Paul H.

I think Lansford Roofing Inc did a fine job. They were pretty good with the clean-up, we found a few nails afterwards but they brought magnets and tried to make sure they got everything. He seemed like he was honest and trustworthy. He gave us all the information and options. He did what he said he was going to do. I think the pricing is fair for the market.

Description of Work
We used them for roofing service.

05/20/2013

robert M.

We were very pleased with the professional attitude from the owner down to the crew that put on our roof. They showed up on time and were very respectful of our property. Was surprised with how they cleaned up after themselves after every work day. A great experience we would very highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Installed a steel roof on our home.

01/15/2013

Kathy G.

Job was completed in 3 days. All crews were punctual and cleaned up well. Work was done quickly to beat heavy rain predicted for Thursday. Job was started on Monday. Roof was complete before the rain. Looks great and no leaks or problems.

Description of Work
Old roof torn off and replaced with new one.

12/18/2012

Jeff S.

Lansford roofing gave us a midrange bid, yet offered the best materials. He pointed out the errors that the previous roofer had made, which helped us understand the situation. His crew showed up as scheduled, did a great job, and cleaned up well. They replaced less wood than estimated, but only charged for what they replaced, but in the future i would want a better understanding of the how and why of wood replacement. Overall a great job and good experience! We're very happy with this roofer.

Description of Work
Replaced flat shingle roof on carport and laundry room for 6-unit condominium building.

07/05/2012

Jane J.

He's great...I would highly recommend him. He did an excellent job and the price was certainly good. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
We used Lansford Roofing recently for a roofing job.

03/16/2012

Kate B.

Lanseford Roofing was one of three roofing contractors we called out for a bid. Robert seemed very knowlegable and pointed out a few problem spots on our roof that the other contractors did not, He answered all our questions and was quick to return all of our phone calls. His price was great, too so we decided to hire him. He called to schedule the job and said the tear off crew would be there at seven am, which they were. They tore off my whole roof in under two hours and cleaned everything beyond my expectations. I could not believe how clean it was! Roberts crew was right behind the tear off guys to replace all damaged wood and install new plywood. They were very polite and professional. They worked all day and left the job site very clean. The following morning, they showed up at seven am and by the end of the day I had a beautiful new roof. I am so happy, it looks great. Robert and his crew are hard workers and did a great job! I highly recommend Lanseford Roofing to everyone.

Description of Work
Tore off old roof. Installed Plywood. Installed new composition roof.

03/04/2012

kathleen L.

**Update 3.25.12**** Upon reading this review, Robert Lansford followed up and personally came to our house to discuss the job. He went to great lengths to make up for any dissatisfaction, and he was genuinely interested in hearing about what could have been better. Have to say we were surprised and impressed, and I have updated the rating on this review accordingly. ************************* Robert is a nice guy, and we gave him the bid because he always answered our e-mail questions promptly, which is apparently something roofers have trouble with. I don?t want to imply that he was organized, though, as he was not. There was a bit of asking the same questions several times, not having the contract I sent him and had already asked if he had, not ever asking what color we wanted, and things like that. Throughout the process, there were key details that he would neglect to share with us. The whole job had to be re-scheduled because he neglected to mention that someone would need to be home in order to get the job started. The whole crew showed up, and the whole crew had to leave. Why would he assume that we would be home at 11a on a weekday? How can you not mention that? He also never mentioned that a massive flatbed delivery truck would be dropping off supplies one evening. If we hadn?t been home, it could have been a big problem. As far as the actual work, it was probably about what you get with any roofing company. I will say that the tear off crew was very good about cleaning up the mess (although the tear off crew does not actually work for Lansford). Unfortunately, they broke one of my brass sprinklers with the truck, which is understandable, except that no one mentioned it, and Lansford replaced a brass half circle sprinkler with a $1.50 plastic FULL circle sprinkler, which is just lazy, not to mention idiotic. Instead of tar paper, Lansford installed a synthetic ?deck defense? at my request. With this fairly recent product, it is well known that you are supposed to use plastic cap roof nails to secure it, for the best seal. I mentioned the plastic caps in an e-mail, and I even amended the contract to reflect using plastic caps. Robert never intended to use these plastic caps, and never mentioned it. His crew just used staples, because it makes the job go faster. If I had known all along they were going to use staples, I probably would have opted for the tar paper. This is not to say that other roofers would not try to pull the same thing, it?s just frustrating. I can neither recommend or not recommend Lansford roofing.

Description of Work
New roof with full tear down

02/27/2012

Brian Y.

The contractor stood out from the time of initial contact for knowledge and asking the right questions. Their quote was the lowest. The quality of the work is outstanding.

Description of Work
Removed what remained of composition shingle roof damaged by the December San Gabriel Valley windstorm. Replaced underlayment, flashing and installed new shingles.

01/25/2012

Lyndane Y.

Lansford Roofing was AMAZING! A rare windstorm on November 30th caused significant damage to our roof. After contacting several roofers (via Angie’s List), we chose Lansford Roofing because they not only had a stellar reputation for quality work, but they also happened to be the lowest bidder. Some consumer advocacy sites advise homeowners not to necessarily pick the cheapest bid, saying you get what you pay for, i.e. if someone is much lower than the others, you should really be careful. As another customer here noted, Lansford’s prices seem "too good to be true." Nevertheless, Mr. Robert Lansford and his crew far exceeded my expectations. The tear down was frightfully noisy and turbulent, but the tear-off team removed three layers of old roofing (two layers of composite shingles, one layer of wood shake below them) in just 3 hours. Per our request, they even removed an obsolete TV antenna. This tear-off team also cleaned up and hauled away the roof debris when they left around 10 am. The roofers were equally outstanding. Lansford’s crew of four was disciplined, industrious, and professional. They worked in such a synchronized manner you’d think they had done this a million times. They also worked so quickly that they finished the whole new roof in slightly over a day and half. (They finished the project by 2:30 pm on the second day of roofing, and then they spent ten to fifteen minutes cleaning and tidying up. They used a hose to rinse down the backyard, driveway, porch/stoop and other areas. They rolled up the garden hose so neatly, too. I didn’t know this until the city inspector remarked on this several days later, but they even cleaned our gutters. They did return the next day just to put up a vent cap that they didn’t have with them the second day, but that didn’t take long and while they were up on the roof I asked them to pick up a stray nail I detected lying on the back part of the roof. They were polite and obliging. By the way, Robert Lansford had me pay for the work in three separate checks (one for the tear-off stage, performed by a different company, a second check for the materials supplier, and finally a third check made to the roofing company itself for labor and any additional upgrades or change order items). This helps avert potential claims by subcontractors. The new roof is BEAUTIFUL! You can see the level of care and attention to detail. These guys really know what they’re doing, and they're dedicated to quality workmanship. My husband and I were so impressed we recommend Lansford Roofing without reservation. They’re truly outstanding!

Description of Work
Re-roofing after significant damage due to 2011 windstorm. Removal of three layers of old roofing and replacement with a new roof using OSB radiant barrier decking and laminated shingles.

01/19/2012

Tim G.

they came out on schedule. The first day they removed the existing roof and started to apply the plywood base. they finished applying about half. That night we had the big wind storm but none of the pannels came off. They came out the next day to finish the plywood for inspection but the power was out for their saws so they went and purchased a generator so they could get finished for the inspection. The next day they came and put the shingles on and finished on time. they did every thing they promised to do and on schedule.

Description of Work
had the existing roof removed and replaced with new composite shingles.

12/16/2011

Jeanette L.

See above. I think I pretty much covered it.

Description of Work
I can't even begin to describe how incredibly disappointed we are with Lansford Roofing. We really, really, really wanted to work with Robert Lansford. But here we are, three months after we got an estimate and signed an agreement to get a complete re-roofing, and after three weeks of putting us off after the day we agreed to start, delaying us day after day, giving us the run around -- nothing has been done. We're left to deal with a badly leaking roof and missing roof tiles on our own. Lansford has been incredibly unprofessional in how he has handled our situation, even going as far as stating that our job should be $5000 more than he originally estimated to get out of doing our roof. We are reasonable people. We know that Pasadena just took a major hit by the windstorms. We have graciously conceded to delay after delay over a THREE WEEK period. We understand that wind and rain is an issue for when the roof can be redone. But in three weeks, there were other jobs that pushed us off and Robert has made ZERO concessions. Here's a synopsis of events: September 2011: We get an estimate from Robert Lansford. We sign an agreement, and Lansford agrees to re-roof our house in November, since we're out of town until November. November 2011: The agreed date of our re-roof job comes. Robert says he is 10 days behind. We get shifted two weeks to the first week of December. We are reasonable and understanding of the delay. Stuff happens. We get it. December 2011: The windstorm hits Pasadena. Lansford is further delayed. We are desperate because our roof is leaking and we have also lost a number of roof tiles in the storm. BUT, we absolutely need a new roof! We chase Lansford down every day trying to make sure we can get our roof started. Every day, he has another reason for delaying. At one point, we even agree to go to Glendale City Hall and pull the permit ourselves to save him time. His license is expired in the City of Glendale, so we even agree to pay for renewing his license. ANYTHING to get our roof redone. Of course, this is not as easy as it sounds. Because of bureaucracy we have to chase down Lansford to get a letter that authorizes us to pull the permit for him so that we do not take on the liability. We spend several hours and two trips to Glendale City Hall to get this done. Throughout the process, Lansford seems inconvenienced and does not act like he wants our business. December 16, 2011: Lansford delays us again, and then tells us that the original price we agreed to do the roof is $5000 less than it should be. I find this unbelievable since he has not set foot on our property or looked at our roof since he estimated the job in September. He tells us this NOW? Three months after the estimate and signed agreement? After three weeks of delays? He tells us that we should go with another roofing company that's bigger. He clearly doesn't want our business. AND we've even spent our own money to renew his license! HOW CAN ANY REASONABLE AND FAIR CONTRACTOR DO THIS???? Again, I want to believe that Robert Lansford is a good person and reasonable. Maybe his time and efforts are focused on homeowners in Pasadena who have lost their roofs. On a human level, I understand this. But he has been so unprofessional with how he has dealt with us that I feel others consumers should know, especially since he has had exceptional reviews on Angie's List. I am beyond disappointed. We really wanted to do business with Lansford and we have been totally let down. Fortunately for us, we got multiple estimates, and another roof vendor has agreed to jump in and honor our original estimate and put us on the books for a roof. Hopefully, we'll have a better review for that vendor soon.

In all due respect to the member, we did agree to begin her roof in November. However, in the month of November we had to put her roof off for the entire month because every week showed anywhere between 20-40% rain. I was in contact with the member on a weekly basis and we did discuss the ongoing weather pattern. The contract we signed clearly stated we needed 7-10 working days to complete the job. I know it was important to them to start immediately but the member's roof was two story and very steep. My workers had to be tied off with harnesses because of the height and pitch. It was not a job that we could begin and then hurry and get the roof watertight. It would have been a very dangerous situation. The roof had five layers on it and I felt it was best for both of us to wait until we had a week of clear weather. If we would have torn the roof off and the rain hit, the entire ceilings, walls and floors could of been severely damaged. It just wasn't smart to start the roof for either of us until the weather pattern cleared. Unfortunately that never occurred in the month of November. When the devastating wind storm hit the first of December, I had family, friends and neighbors that had roofs completely blown off and crushed. It was beyond anything I have ever witnessed and I did my best in order to help them. The second week of December it was obvious that this natural disaster was larger than anyone had expected and the member offered to let me out of the contract which I accepted because of the circumstances. I did offer the member my assistance as a free consultant because I wanted the two problem area's on his roof to be done correctly. Again, I apologize we never got the opportunity to begin the member and the member's roof, but I felt the delay because of rain was the smartest decision for all of us.

09/26/2011

Michael O.

We were very pleased with them. I spent about $14000 for their services. We were impressed with all the phases. They were punctual in coming out for the estimate and did the work. The business owner came by and double checked. He was quite communicative and the foreman he had out here on the job was communicative too. They were all very helpful and also answered the questions I had. I would definitely use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
Lansford Roofing did a roofing job for us in May.