Geek Squad - Best Buy

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2005

3.6

3415 E Foothill Blvd

Pasadena, CA 91107

Local Expert Geek Squad Agents can fix your Appliance or TV regardless of where purchased. 90-day warranty along with professional, quick, and clean services. Check us out online, by phone, or at over 1,100 Best Buy stores.

10/31/2008

JANE T.

I waited in line for an awfully long time, which is not the problem in itself. The rep assured me that they would be able to recover my information along w/ the disk repair. It was supposed to take 4 to 5 business days, lo and behold, it took two weeks. Even then I had to call that dept 3 to 4 times to find out the status and then ended up contacting the manager who was very thorough. I ended up getting my computer back, but the nothing was recovered, the back metal piece of the computer was broke and could not be put back correctly. When I got home, the system did not boot up. It was a mess. I demanded a portion of my money back which the manager did approve.

Description of Work
My hard disk crashed and I brought my computer to the Geek Squad for replacement of the hard disk and to recover some of my pictures that were stored on my hard disk.

10/03/2008

Irene P.

I didn't appreciate one single thing about this experience. I don't appreciate that when I asked the guy right inside the door where the video cameras are, he points across a football-stadium-sized box and says, "Over there". I ask him if somebody can help me find the one I'm looking for because I am really in a hurry, and he says, "I'm sure there will be someone there". I didn't appreciate how long it took for anyone to show up to help me. I didn't appreciate that they didn't have the camera on display. I didn't appreciate that they brought one camera in from the back room, and it just happens to cost more than the one shown on their computer "because it's black". I absolutely don't appreciate buying electronic items that are made in China and having to pay a restocking fee of 15% if it turns out to be not what I want, when the store won't even bother to put one on display to look at. I promise myself I will never shop at Best Buy again. My only other experience there was still worse than this.

Description of Work
I went in to buy a camcorder I had seen advertised on the best buy website, and the website told me they had this camera in this store. There was no one anywhere around the department. I picked up the phone at the cash register in the camera department and started pressing buttons, and after doing this several times, finally someone came over. She was not able to find the camera. So she looked it up on her computer, and called someone else, and they disappeared for a while and finally came back with the camera. She rang it up for me and charged me more than the price I had seen on the computer right there in the aisle. I took her back and showed it to her, the lower price. She said that was because the one they had brought me was a different color. I was really way out of time, so instead of having her go back to the back and search for the one at the right price, I just took the camera (5 or 8 bucks more). When I looked in the bag, I saw it had a tape around it telling me there's a 15% restocking fee if I should change my mind about it.

Category camera repair

07/31/2008

Linnea H.

I had in mind about what I wanted in a refrigerator and I found it there. They have a wide selection and at low prices so thats why I shop there. I was impressed they could deliver it the same day.

Description of Work
I purchased a refrigerator and they delivered it for me the same day.

Category appliance sales

10/26/2005

SANDY A.

WE CALLED AND CALLED AND CALLED. NO ONE ANSWERED THE PHONES. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE THEY STILL HAD SOME OF THEIR SALE ITEMS IN STOCK. I HAD TO GO IN. THERE WAS NOTHING IN STOCK. I COMPLAINED ABOUT THEIR PHONE SERVICE (WHICH WE'VE RUN INTO MANY TIMES WITH THEM) AND THE EMPLOYEES ADMITTED THEIR PHONE SYSTEM IS POOR. THEY EVEN TRIED TO CALL ANOTHER STORE FOR US TO SEE IF THESE ITEMS WERE IN STOCK THERE AND COULD NOT GET CONNECTED TO ANYONE EITHER. SINCE THIS HAS HAPPENED REPEATEDLY WITH THIS STORE, TO BOTH MY SISTER AND MYSELF, WE NO LONGER SHOP THERE. IT'S POINTLESS TO HAVE TO DRIVE THERE FOR NOTHING.

Description of Work
BEST BUY ADVERTISED SEVERAL PERSONAL COMPUTERS ON SALE. THEY DID NOT HAVE THEM.

Category computer sales

10/03/2005

BETTY D.

BEST BUY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORSE, THEY DON'T LISTEN TO CUSTOMER FEED BACK OR ISSUES. I CALL A FEW TIMES TO THEIR 800 NUMBER AND ALL I GOT WAS A RECORDED MESSAGE SENDING MY CALL EVERY WHERE EXCEPT WITH SOME ONE LIVE.

Description of Work
I TOOK MY COMPUTER BECAUSE THE CD DRIVE WASN'T WRITING MUSIC ANY MORE. WHEN I FIRST BOUGHT THE COMPUTER THEY TOLD ME IT WAS COVER UNDER THE EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT I HAD PURCHASED. HAS IT TURNS OUT IT WASN'T, I HAD TO PAY $69.

09/12/2005

PETER L.

BEST BUY ALWAYS DOES A GOOD JOB, IT JUST TAKES THEM TIME WHEN YOU CALL THEM ON THE PHONE. BUT OVER ALL THE WORK IS GOOD & YOU DO GET A WARRANTY ON YOUR COMPUTER, BUT THAT'S ONLY IF THEY DO IT & YOU HAVE BOUGHT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THEM.

Description of Work
I HAD MY COMPUTER REPAIRED BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT COME ON. I THINK THEY SAID IT NEEDED A NEW MOTHER-BOARD PUT IN IT.

09/07/2005

THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN COURTEOUS, AND THEY FINISH WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO DO. A LOT OF TIMES I'M NOT HOME AT THE TIME. THE WORK WAS DONE CORRECTLY AND QUICKLY, AND THE PEOPLE WERE FRIENDLY.

Description of Work
IT WAS SOMETHING WITH THE HARD DRIVE.

09/07/2005

LISA W.

I HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE SO FAR, BUT I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE WARRANTY WHICH THIS COMPANY OFFERS. IF MY VACUUM CLEANER BREAKS I CAN REPLACE IT AT NO COST.

Description of Work
I WAS IN NEED OF A NEW VACUUM CLEANER. I PURCHASED A BISSEL VACUUM CLEANER FROM BEST BUY.

Category vacuum cleaners

GREG R.

THEY ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE. THEY HAVE MANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, AND THEY ARE IN A LOCAL AREA. THAT VERY HOUR I WAS ABLE TO EXCHANGE THE MONITOR. THE EMPLOYEES WERE PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
WE EXCHANGED THE MONITOR.

08/17/2005

THEY ARE OK. WE BUY STUFF THROUGH BEST BUY A LOT BECAUSE THEY WILL STAND BY THEIR SERVICE CONTRACTS. AS FAR AS WHOM THEY SEND FOR REPAIRS BECAUSE THEY HANDLE SO MANY BRANDS, IT'S DIFFICULT TO SAY. THE MAYTAG PEOPLE CAME OUT AND DID NOT SUPPLY ME WITH THE PIECES THAT THE COMPANY SAID THEY WOULD.

Description of Work
THE REFRIGERATOR WASN'T KEEPING TEMPERATURE, THE WASHING MACHINE WASN'T DRAINING WATER AND THE DRYER WASN'T TURNING THE DRUM.

Category appliance repair

08/17/2005

IT WAS OK. WE HAD SOME RESERVATIONS. THERE WAS SOME THINGS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE THAT WERE NOT DONE. THAT SORT OF THING WAS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH. WAS ABLE TO SAVE DATA.

Description of Work
WE HAD A VIRUS OR WORM AND THEY RECOVERED SOME OF THE DATA AND REINSTALLED SOME DATA.

08/17/2005

THEY WERE REALLY HELPFUL, REALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND I WOULD DEFINITELY CONTACT THEM AGAIN. THEY JUST TOOK THEIR TIME AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO ME AND IN TERMS THAT I WOULD UNDERSTAND. MY HUSBAND CAME HOME, AND THEY TOOK THE TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO HIM. THEY HELPED ME GET THE INFORMATION TO SEND BACK MY MONITOR TO HP.

Description of Work
I HAD THEM COME OUT TO FIX IT. I THOUGHT MY COMPUTER WAS CRASHING, BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY MY MONITOR THAT HAD A MELTDOWN. THEY WENT THROUGH AND TRIED TO FIX MY MONITOR, AND IT ACTUALLY WASN'T REPAIRABLE SO IT WAS A MANUFACTURER'S DEFECT.

08/10/2005

Matthew J.

THEY WERE CONVENIENT, THEY DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM. ACTUALLY, THEY WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM IN THE TIME FRAME AND PRICE RANGE THAT THEY HAD ORIGINALLY ESTIMATED.

Description of Work
I BELIEVE THE HARD DRIVE CRASHED AND THEY HAD TO RETRIEVE A LOT OF INFORMATION AND PUT IT ON A NEW COMPUTER.

05/26/2005

WILLIE T.

THE GEEK GROUP COMPLETED THE ANALYSIS IN 2 DAYS AND CALLED ME WITH THEIR FINDINGS. THEY ALSO ADDED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, THAT IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER THAN TO UPGRADE THIS ONE.

Description of Work
HAD AN OLDER MODEL COMPUTER AND WANTED UPGRADE WITH NEW PARTS. ASKED THEM IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO ADD AND IF SO DID I HAVE TO CORRECT PARTS.

High Definition Audio Video

Ask about our newest promotions! 10% off all Labor (up to $1000) and 20% off all speakers! Were a full service audio and video contractor specializing in home theater sales, setup, and installation. We can provide you with almost any name brand equipment at a competitive price and with a full manufacturers warranty. We offer same day appointments if available and do service calls as well. We're a licensed and insured contractor and we do our best to answer our phones.

2022 Super Service Award

Netvision Computer Services

2022 Super Service Award

Smart & Secure

Smart & Secure is a home automation company known around the country for providing security systems installation, automation, and integration tailored to users needs. We bring the power to control and monitor your home anywhere and anytime. Smart & Secure provides the best home automation solutions custom-fitted to your lifestyle. With over 10 years of networking and 20 years of construction experience, our team puts its focus on quality and customer satisfaction, we never cut corners, our competitors might be cheaper but they won't beat us on the level of details that we go to make our clients happy.

Computer Sales
    Vacuum Cleaners
    Camera Repair
    TV Sales
    American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available
    90 Days

Appliance and TV repair, major brands, whether purchased at Best Buy or anywhere else. Appliances: Refrigerators, Washer/Dryers, Ranges (gas or electric), Dishwashers, Microwaves. TVs: LEDs, LCDs, Plasma, Flat-Panel, Smart TVs, including older TV models.