Collision Auto Repair Specialist

Auto Glass
Rentals - Cars
Car Washes
Auto Accessories

For the best possible service, give us a call (626 796 3634) to make an appointment and let us know when you’ll be coming by - ask specifically for Ray or Collision Auto so we can honor your coupon and provide exceptional service! Collision Auto Repair Specialist (C.A.R.S.), established here in Pasadena in 1979, has been serving the community with quality work for decades. C.A.R.S was awarded the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and the 2017 Super Service Awards in recognition for the exceptional ratings we receive from our customers, year after year....

Yeaman Auto Body Inc

All work LIFETIME GUARANTEED. We work with all insurance companies to represent you. We make sure you get quality repairs and you are informed when insurance companies are trying to put inferior parts on your car. We can also test the metal to be sure the parts are factory strength.

10/21/2020

I've never written a review before but Ray over at Collision Auto Repair Specialist gave me such quality treatment that I felt the need to start here. I came in with a messed up driver's side door on my Toyota Prius and had such negative expectations on the work and price due to quotes and reports of OTHER auto body shops in the area. Ray told me upfront the best price by far and told me I would have the car back within the week. We got to talking and he told me about his life and how he does his work to help support his kids in school and I felt that my car was in the right hands. Even after raising the price I felt comfortable giving him the keys as he was honest about the job straightforward about the work that needed to be done. Even after a price hike he still gave me the best price! Speaking of honest, I got my car back in 4-5 days (I can't remember which) and I couldn't tell that I had been in an accident. I couldn't even tell what side had been hit. The paint work was matched with the rest of the body and the door was like new. BEST SERVICE IN TOWN! HONEST AND FAST!

Description of Work
Repair of drivers side door after collision

03/07/2019

Ray took lots of care and much attention to detail and assessed what was needed and took care of many maintenance items on the car. He made sure the car was safe to drive. It now runs very well and the car is a reliable transportation vehicle. He went above and beyond what I expected and charged a very fair price. He also explained each step and got permission for the various actions and expenses along the way. I live out of state and am glad that I trusted him to use his experience and judgment about the car. I am extremely pleased with the results and would recommend him to anyone who needs a competent and trustworthy person to take care of their vehicle repair/maintenance needs.

Description of Work
Ray took a car that had been sitting for almost 3 years and checked it out and got it road-worthy for a family member to use as their daily transportation.

Category auto detailing,auto repair

Thank you so much for your kind words! Any time I can be of help, don't hesitate to reach out.

08/27/2018

Ray of Collision Auto Repair Specialist is very easy to work with and delivers exceptional work. He worked within my schedule and made arrangements to be available when it was most convenient for me to drop off and pick up my car. He offered a free loaner vehicle during the time my car was in his care which I did not need. He did give me a ride back to my house after dropping off the car. The car was done when he said it would be and it looked great. The color of the car is somewhat unusual, and he did a terrific job matching the paint. The final price was the price quoted. The car was freshly washed when we came to pick it up. He had even offered to deliver the car if necessary. I will use Collision Auto Repair Specialist in the future.

Description of Work
Body work and Paint

Category auto body repair,auto painting

05/08/2018

Outstanding service and high quality work. Ray was very helpful and even stayed late to get the job done early (I had an unexpected scheduling mixup).

Description of Work
Minor repair to get car ready for lease turn-in

Category auto body repair,auto painting,auto repair

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your nice and kind review.

08/08/2017

The repair of right rear tail light went very well. Was truly pleased. That's why I returned for the second job. That was done well also, but it was very delayed. He forgot to order the part after two weeks. I kept calling him. He never called me once. It took over three weeks for that little part to be ordered and installed, and I felt the price was not discounted for my inconvenience. I would go again, because his guy does excellent work. I just know I how to stay on him as the owner.

Description of Work
Went to him twice. First to replace rear right tail light on my car. Second, went back for rocker panel molding on passenger side of car.

Category auto body repair

I would like to thank [Member Name Removed] for giving us the opportunity to serve him. I would also appreciate if you would have given us a complete review and your reason for coming back to us for the first job that we did for you. Mr. [Member Name Removed], your statement implies that your car needed a major repair and that we forgot to order the parts and we did not respond to your many calls. It was nothing like that at all. Your 97 infiniti Q45 needed a few clips which we had to order from the dealer and in the meantime you were in possession of your car and were driving it while we had to wait to get the clips. The infiniti dealer brought the wrong clips in first time and they had to reorder them. Therefore, the delay was beyond our control. Also I would like to remind Mr. [Member Name Removed] that every time you called, either I answered the call or If busy, I did returned it, so it is not really fair to state that I did not respond to your calls. In view of the fact that not many other body shops, due to the nature and cost of the repair, would make the time and effort to go through what we had to, We are so glad that our facility accommodated you and provided you with the service. Mr. [Member Name Removed] we thank you again that you came by and gave us the chance to serve you and do appreciate your business. Our intention has been and always will be to provide the best quality service possible for every customer with the complete satisfaction. Thanks again

06/23/2017

Ray was extremely helpful and professional, and he gave me two options (at different price points) for the body repair work my car needed. I got estimates from 6 different repair places in and around Pasadena, and Ray's estimate was $400 cheaper than any other estimate. The repair turned out great, it took less time than I expected, and I was extremely pleased with the result. Collision Auto Repair doesn't have a fancy building or a marble waiting room like other (very expensive) body shops, but I didn't want or need those amenities. What I needed was a quality repair at a good price, and that's what I got. I highly recommend Collision Auto Repair.

Description of Work
I needed to repair a dented and scratched front fender on my 6-month old car that occurred from a hit-and-run accident. Unfortunately, the repair was going to cost less than my insurance deductible, so I needed to find an auto body repair place with reasonable prices because I was going to have to pay for the repair completely out of pocket. (Ouch.)

05/11/2017

Would not honor Angie's list coupon.

Description of Work
Would not honor Angie's list coupon!

Category auto repair

02/01/2017

They did a great job. Prompt and charged just what they estimated. even provided cheap rental car.

Description of Work
body work and paint

07/18/2016

I thought he was going to paint the whole car, but he did not. All he painted was the pumper and the hood which was a fine job but I had a scratch on my left side and thought he would paint the whole car, but he did not.

Description of Work
I had the front pumper fixed, the paint was piling. I had a dent fixed in the back as well.

Category auto repair

I, as a body shop estimator, listen very carefully to each and every customer with regard to the repair of the their car and then write an itemised estimate with the price and submit it to the customer as required by law. We never do any repairs for any customer based on verbal agreement which in itself is not legal or binding. It is inconceivable that our facility do a complete paint and body work for a 2007 toyota camry with quality body work, paint, and clear coat for $1700.00. Additionally, I did not hear from the above mentioned customer for the job we had done on July 20, 2015 till I observed the attached posting by her dated July 18, 2016 exactly one year later. All she had to do was to bring her complaint, if there was any valid one, to my attention with the estimate and then we would have done much more to her satisfaction. We all should be fair and honest in our judgments and not to discredit the reputation of a business which has served its community with honesty and integrity for more than 30 years. In conclusion, If in her grading, Quality, Responsiveness, Punctuality, and Professionalism were all "B" and only the price to which she had agreed is "C" and the answer to Hire Again is "yes" therefore, anyone can do his/her analysis and come up with the fair assessment of the situation.

07/03/2016

Ray is in the highest class of warm, personable and responsive professionals. He is definitely on your side and not the side of the insurance company. He will consistently work to get every penny's worth of benefit that you are spending on your insurance premiums if you need to file a claim. He will demand that parts which need replacing are new and not refurbished. He does not take shortcuts. And because of this, and the fact that it's a small shop, sometimes it takes a bit longer. Insurance companies move at their own glacial pace and when Ray requires that their adjusters respond to a modification of the initial estimate because of a new problem uncovered as work progresses, he will stay on them until they approve what he has requested. He does not make do or settle for less than getting your vehicle back to its initial perfect condition. We have used Ray's services three times now and once was for repair work on my Audi RS5 I did not want to submit to my insurance. The cost was significantly less than estimates I received from other local shops. And the outcome was perfect. Ray took the time to explain why, even though the dent was in the left rear quarter panel, that the repainting must cover a much larger area in order to blend in. He also has a small fleet of rental cars at very reasonable rates. So when your insurance company suggests a couple of "preferred" repair shops (which is code for "they'll do what we tell them to do and get the parts we tell them to get") just go see Ray and tell them "thanks, but I want to go to Collision Auto Specialist".

Description of Work
Repaired passenger side of car and rear wheel from a side swipe accident. This was covered by the other drivers' insurance. In January 2016 Ray did a non-insurance claim repair on my Audi RS5 (this is the one that cost $1400).

Category auto body repair

Collision repair, frame straightening, color matching & restoration, auto body work, auto glass, auto painting, towing, new and used car sales, auto rentals and auto brokerage.

Ask for details.