Chimney Safety Experts

Founded 1978 • With Angi since January 2005

1710 Fiske Ave

Pasadena, CA 91104

We are a full-service, family-owned & operated business, having over 30 years of experience. We provide quality workmanship at affordable prices. CCL #: 840878. Additional phone - (818) CHIMNEY or (818) 244-6639.

09/06/2021

Cate F.

I met with a lot of fireplace companies before I settled on Chimney Safety Experts. It was a great call in the end. To begin, Hugo, who was the man you came out to see the job and bid it, was always available when I called him. (I like other companies. ) Had endless patience with my questions and was sweet and polite throughout. He was also very knowledgeable, honest, and really gave a **** about my job. Which was not a huge non or small either. I had the entire firebox redone as well as completely redone smoke chamber and total chimney (inside ) adding an upper exterior damper, Redoing the spark Arrestor, and the chimney crown. The two guys that did all that work were Brainer and Moses. (I can’t attest to anyone else in the company since I haven’t experienced their work). But I can say Brainer and Moses are FANTASTIC at their job. Almost Artists. They were unbelievably clean — given the demo job I’m not even sure how they accomplished that. The job they did and care they took with the redo of the entire chimeny and fire box was amazing. They have been doing this work a long time and like Hugo, care about what they do. I can highly recommend them! And the price was very reasonable compared to some of the other companies I spoke to. You can’t go wrong with this team.

Description of Work
Complete redo of firebox smoke chamber and chimney and spark Arrestor and damper

03/20/2018

John D.

The entire experience was great, start to finish. We called very last minute trying to arrange for a chimney inspection for a home in escrow, they answered their phone on the weekend and set up an appointment for Monday afternoon, called in advance to tell us they were on their way, showed up during the time window they gave us, incredibly professional and really knew what they were doing. Plus they were quick with both their findings and the report. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

05/11/2017

Adrienne M.

Chimney Safety Experts were outstanding in all aspects of service. From the very beginning, Larry Morrison and his whole staff were so prompt and showed up on time for all expected meetings and work. Larry, Moises, and Hugo (the Project Manager) always answered their phones whenever I had a question. Hugo took care of obtaining the city permit and made everything go so seemlessly. Moises and Breinner, who did the demolition and repair, were always professional and cleaned up daily. They were patient in answering my questions and they walked me through all of the details and steps. The hearth tile work that William did was fantastic and it was evident that William, Moises, Breinner, Hugo and Larry take pride in their work. I would definitely recommend Chimney Safety Experts.

Description of Work
I needed to have the chimney relined, repair the smoke chamber, install a rain cap and spark arrrestor, install a new damper, repair the hearth, and install a gas burning (non-wood) fire log system.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

04/10/2017

Sherry S.

I only use Chimney Safety Experts. They are a family owned company.

Description of Work
My annual cleaning and maintenance check on my fireplace.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/10/2015

J T.

I scheduled a chimney cleaning and inspection with CSE. They had previously helped restore/fix our old chimney when we moved into the house. They cleaned the chimney efficiently and without making a mess. Then, they fixed a draft issue by removing some excess concrete. Excellent service. Excellent knowledge. And they stand by their product. Very glad I chose them.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep Chimney inspection Minor repair

01/05/2015

Jonathan T.

Spark arrestor was installed crooked.

Description of Work
Installed a wire chimney spark arrestor.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

Dear Angie's List Customer , I left a message for you today as soon as I saw your Review. I'm not sure if this problem has already been handled by our Company but if it hasn't been .You can Schedule an appointment anytime 24 hours a day to have us come out and adjust your cap at no-charge . Monica Chimney Safety Experts 818-CHIMNEY 818-244-6639

12/30/2014

Tina S.

The service provider was on time to provide the bid. He was professional and clearly explained needed repairs. He kindly offered a .used fireplace glass screen which we needed at a discounted price. We decided not to use their services only because the quote ($6,000+) was more than we could afford If and when we have the money to repair the fireplace, I will certainly call this vendor.

Description of Work
Inspect chimney and fireplace for needed repairs.

12/23/2014

Nadine P.

In the summer of 2013, he gave me an estimate of $7,000 for repair of the chimney over the roof and to put a metal pipe inside of the chimney. I called him in September 2014 to ask for the estimate for my insurance broker and he was very vague and he told me that I did not want to do the work and that I was not ready to do the work. I felt like he was challenging me.

Description of Work
He came to look at my chimney.

Category chimney sweep

Regarding this Angie's List Customer , I researched this Transaction as I do with any negative feedback we get from Customers . What I uncovered was that we sent our Lead Inspector to this Clients House , by the way he has the most Positive reviews from Angies List and Yelp , he has also done Projects for NASA & FEMA . Our Records confirm that we did a Transaction at this Property on June 3rd 2013 . The Angie's List Client contacted the Inspector again to come back out to her House he came at no-charge and gave her the same findings as the earlier Inspection . She called him out again and he thought that she needed more information so he came out again at no-charge , She contacted him to come out again and he Declined to come out and told her he did not feel she was going to do the Job , he ws not "Challenging "her as she states in her Review , but tried to be Diplomatic because he did not want to charge her additional Inspection fees for Information that she had already confirmed with him several times . She had the Report that she could have given to her Insurance Company at any point . She also tried to get our Production Manager to come to her House and do another Inspection , as he was familiar with the Address and the Inspection outcome he Declined to go to her House also, as he did not want to charge her more Inspection fees.(She ran into him when she was at the Builiding Department ) Since this Property is on a main thoroughfare in Pasadena , we are sure that the Angie's List Client wants only the best for her Chimney and this may require research on her part . We wish the Client the Best in all her future endeavors but will decline any future Inspections as this would only be a waste of her time and money,as the Information that she has in her possession can be used for any future research she may want or need . We thank her for the opportunities she has given us thus far . Sincerely , Monica Johnson (Office Manager ) Chimney Safety Experts

07/02/2014

Robert C.

Very nice and friendly owner who was very responsive and knowledgable. We used him mainly because when we were selling another company came out and told us that it would be very expensive to fix the chimney on the house we were selling. Chimney Safety Experts came out and gave us options that were still to code and safe. He was honest and knowledgable. We received a quote from them on our new house and didn't hesitate to get the work done. Done in a few days and Fire Place works great.

Description of Work
Replaced all bricks in Fire Box. Secured joints in Chimney with new grout. Added a Smoke Guard and put a damper and cage on top of chimney.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

06/17/2014

Nicole F.

Good although we did not get the service they were very professional and honest.

Description of Work
They came out to do a chimney sweep however they were very honest and said that they were unable to perform the service due to how our chimney is built and did not charge us. I would recommend them as I believe they are very honest people.

06/12/2014

Gennie P.

Back in April 2014, I was instructed by my agent to call this company and pay $89 by credit card BEFORE an inspection on my chimney. I called up Chimney Safety Experts, spoke to the woman who answered the phone and explained I was instructed to pay BEFORE the inspection. She was nice enough, took my credit card information and the next day the inspection went through. I got the results a few days later. HOWEVER, much to my surprise, my credit card was not charged for this service for SEVEN (7) WEEKS. I assumed that the charge had gone through and that it was paid immediately after giving my credit card information to the company. Who does business like this? Who waits almost 2 months to collect payment on credit card information that was PROMPTLY given. I understand that I received the service and it was done efficiently... but your accounts receivable department need to keep up. Really annoying. I would not recommend this company nor use it again.

Description of Work
This company inspected my chimney prior to close of escrow on my house.

Category chimney repair

Dear Customer , Your are 100% correct , our accountant was very ill for 6 weeks and was receiving Medical Treatments . Our Security protocol with credit cards is that they only go through 1 person for the Customers protection . So the credit card was not charged until she came back to work . This Angie's List Customer also filed a dispute when the charge went through . So we have set up another system to run the credit cards even if the Accountant is not available . We do take a pre-payment for the service if the Client is not going to be there or if the House is empty , this is a common Business Practice , however we deliver the Service without secure payment as the Angies List Customer expressed , some Customers will call us if the charge has not gone through . Sorry for your Inconvenience and we welcome you to try our service again as this issue has been corrected . Thank You Monica Chimney Safety Experts (Office Manager )

06/10/2014

Dorene M.

It went great. I find Larry Morrison to be very knowledgeable about chimneys and have used him in the past on properties I represent (as I am a Realtor). I was pleased that his company did the same great work on my own home.

Description of Work
Repaired my chimney. I have two and the second one had been installed incorrectly by a prior vendor.

06/10/2014

Cynthia S.

The cleaning went fine, but the inspection resulted in an estimate of over $3000 for a pre-fabbed chimney that is operating fine! This smacked of a total rip-off and a contractor friend agreed. I checked the contractors license number and the name on it is not the name of the person who came: Nathaniel Zito who lists a contractor's number that is the company owner's I guess. Stay clear of this company!

Description of Work
Cleaned and inspected the chimney

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Dear Angie's List Customer , First of all thank you for your feedback . Just for your information Pre- fab Chimneys are subject to "Code Updates" often due to the construction of them in general . Nathaniel is an Employee who has Inspected and repaired Pre- Fab chimneys for over 6 years he also is a Certified Chimney Inspector , one thing he is not is a Salesperson , he makes his living on Inspections not repairs so he does not dream up repairs as that does not benefit him . He does do his Inspections by the Book and for your Safety only . I'm happy that the Cleaning Service we did do for you was to your satisfaction . Also if you want to get a second opinion from a Licensed and Certified Chimney Company in writing that states that your Chimney is 100% safe to use we will pay for the Inspection and refund your Cleaning and Inspection fee . In addition there is an Inspector in your area that is a Master Chimney Inspector he is the best in the Industry he does "Court Room" Forensic Investigations for legal , homeowners and insurance claims . He does not do any work , nor does he refer anyone else out to do the work . For your own safety you may may want to have him do an inspection, again , we will pay for the inspection if he says your chimney is 100% safe for you to use . The Company is F.I.R.E. Associates . We are not a "Rip- Off " Company and never will be, after being in Business for over 30 years we do not take those type of comments lightly . I hope to hear from you soon . You are Important to us and your safety is our only goal . You may call me on my direct line anytime at 626-590-9520 Monica Johnson Chimney Safety Experts Office Manager

05/16/2014

keval P.

Courteous, respectful and great service. I didn't do any comparable about price/quote but when I spoke with the company, I felt confident that the price seemed reasonable with the scope and my past experience with other projects.

Description of Work
Complete free inspection and quote, earthquake bracing, brick work to replace damaged bricks, cementing the inside of the chimney etc. The work took more than 3 days.

05/02/2014

David N.

One person came out for the service. They did a really good job on the general inspection and alignment. It was easy to schedule an appointment and the pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
They came to give me an estimate and basic inspection. The fireplace was putting smoke into a room and causing damage to a mantel because of the work another company had done.

Category fireplaces

04/14/2014

Maria C.

I have another chimney in my bedroom and I asked the guy if he could do that with the same deal. He says, "Oh! No. It was just one chimney." If he was here, he could have done the other one. But he said that I had to call him again and make another appointment to come. I never did that. He wanted to charge me $119 for the second one. I asked him why and he said that if I wanted the $69 one, I had to call again and they will come again. It didn't make any sense to me.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Chimney Safety Experts. It was $69 for chimney sweep. The guy came and cleaned one chimney.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you very much for your input , we do have a set schedule for the Chimney Cleanings and Inspections . The Technicians have a set Schedule and we have to get to the rest of the days appointments on time . If we know in advance that we are doing two Chimneys we can allow time to service two Chimneys . The regular price for the Service you received was $129.00 per Chimney. We no longer offer the $69.00 Cleaning Service , if you would like that special offer for your second fireplace you can call me directly at 626-590-9520 . Otherwise that offer expired last year yet we still honor the coupons . We appreciate your input and will continue to strive for more perfect service . Thank You Monica

03/25/2014

Laura B.

After 20 years of living in this house we suddenly had a number of birds flying down our chimney. Although there's never been a cap at the top the birds had decided they wanted to join us in the house. Our Chimney is double wide so a regular cap wouldn't fit. After receiving a quote for over $600 from someone for a custom made cap I contacted Chimney Safety Experts. They were very nice over the phone, the technician showed up on time and was funny. We have a tile roof and he was right, they do walk like ninjas on the roof! Not one tile was broken. After taking a look at the situation he said he could fit 2 regular sized caps side by side to take care of the problem. It was almost half the price the other person quoted us and a much easier solution.

Description of Work
Installed a chimney cap

Category chimney caps, chimney repair

03/24/2014

Cheryl E.

I contacted them on a Sunday and I was called and emailed the same day for the appointment. The service tec met me at the property at the exact time of the appointment. He was professional, knowledgeable, neat, clean and provided me with details on what the problems are and what the proper fix would be.

Description of Work
Work yet to be performed however, I will be using them for this service.

02/15/2014

Gary F.

Nathaniel phoned that he was on the way. He arrived within the specified time. He was thorough, well mannered with a great sense of humor. We would use them again.

Description of Work
Clean and check chimney.

01/17/2014

Cynthia R.

The inspection fee was quoted upfront. I did not hire them to do the repair work because of the bid price.

Description of Work
The company provided a chimney inspection and a written report on the results. They also bid the repair work, but the technician was honest in advising that the original contractor "should" be accountable for the work.

Category home inspection, chimney repair

12/18/2013

MARIA H.

We were completely satisfied with service, Team was punctual and worked in a clean manner.

Description of Work
Chimney needed repair since '87 Whittier earthquake

12/02/2013

Shin H.

Just moved into a new house and wanted to have the chimney inspected before using it. The technician called before coming over to confirm (as promised), and arrived EXACTLY on time, which is always appreciated. He did his thing, was very willing to answer any questions that I had, and in about 30 minutes provided a detailed written report with all defects identified, and an estimate to repair those defects. No hard sell at all, no upsell (as I have experienced in the past with other companies), made this a very pleasant and professional transaction. The work required seemed to be appropriate, and the estimate was reasonable. I will definitely use them in a few weeks when it's time to make the repairs.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and report

Category fireplaces

08/25/2013

Rebecca & Lucas W.

It went extremely well, took less time than originally estimated, and the technicians were friendly and efficient. I used this company for a chimney cleaning and inspection prior, and had a great experience during that visit as well. I plan to use them for inspections and cleanings in the future and will refer to friends and family.

Description of Work
Repaired an old Chimney that had not been well maintained (I have a 50 yr old house), replaced flue and installed a great gas feature.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces, gas logs

08/12/2013

Hannah M.

Excellently, from prompt phone return (Monica), to setting up appointment (day/time) to accomplishing the work, through 'next steps' repair options and timeline.

Description of Work
A thorough chimney sweep. external chimney review, and Level II inspection (chimney, gas fixture, firebox)

05/20/2013

Jon G.

The guy got to the house and informed my wife that the $69 special only applied to chimneys that were brick or stone. Mine was not and he said the cost was $130. My wife agreed, but as the add said, there was no mention to the $69 chimney instpeciton and free cleaning for all Angie's List members only applied to brick/stone chimneys. She paid him, he cleaned and inspected one of my gas chimneys. He came up with a huge list of issues required to bring the chimney to 2013 code. We did not have them do the second chimney. It was a marketing ploy to sell services, even if not really needed. I expected the company to be honest and match the advertising in the Coupon Section, not double the price. I would never use them again. If I did repairs, I would use someone else.

Description of Work
Provided cleaning and chimney inspection as advertised in the Angie's List Coupon Section. The add was for a "$69 chimney inspection and free cleaning for all Angie's List members (normally $150)". When the guy got to the house, the price was $130.

Category chimney sweep

I understand this critique and we are currently updating our AD to let Consumers know that we do charge more for Chimneys that are Specialized (Other than traditional brick ). As for the outcome of your Chimney Inspection , please do contact other Companies . There are a lot of Inspectors out there that don't do repairs and that is a good option that keeps the "suspicion of trying to drum up work " out of the equation. Thank you for your feedback it only helps us to improve our service to the incredible standards that keep us continuing to satisfy our Customers .

California Chimney Sweep

EXPERT CHIMNEY SERVICE SINCE 1984 (32 Years now) The chimney, fireplace, and even your dryer vent are among the most overlooked causes of home fires. California Chimney Sweep is dedicated to helping make your home safe from fire damage. We are a small, family-owned chimney service company whose mission is to provide quality service and honest advice. We have 30 years of experience, so you can trust that we will give you the best advice and service possible. California Chimney Sweep was started in 1984 by Vince McCauley when he started in 1984 he ran the business out of our VW Bus. We have grown into a professional chimney sweeping service with over 30 years experience. For 30 years we have provided superior service to our customers that keeps them coming back. Many of our long-time customers have been with us for over 25 years. We have obtained an "A" Rating on popular consumer review websites, as a result of the many satisfactory reports submitted by the customers we’ve served.

Safe & Warm Chimney Services

We are a complete Fireplace and Chimney service. All of our technicians are F.I.R.E and C.S.I.A certified. Our Corporation is a state licensed specialty contractor. Bonded and insured. We are offering a promotional deal that includes a cleaning of a one story fireplace with a video safety inspection of the internal portion of the fireplace for $179.99 .

2022 Super Service Award

Ashler Fireplace and Chimney

With over 30 years of experience in the Fireplace industry, Ashler Fireplace and Chimney works very hard to make sure that our customers have a positive experience with us based not only price but performance, communication and quality of work. Safety is always our first priority with our installations and our mission is to create warmth and beauty in every home that we touch. All work is done by us and our installers are professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. We offer exclusive discounts for Angies List customers. Call today for a quote!

Visa, MasterCard, Check

Chimney Caps. Chimney Repair. Chimney Sweep. Fireplaces. Home Inspection.

Air Duct Cleaning & Dryer Vent Cleaning.