Andres Handyman

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2010

Andres Handyman is a reliable and fair service offering customers a wide variety of expertise at discounted prices.

handyman (79)interior painting (22)drywall (15)woodworking (12)plumbers (9)home remodeling (7)window replacement (7)house painting (6)stucco (6)flooring (6)electrician (6)general contractors (5)

09/17/2021

CRISTINA S.

Andrés and his company did a great job. They showed up on time and were properly equipped. Andrés proactively was in contact when an unexpected delay happened. The paint job looks clean and polished.

Description of Work
Painting bedroom, kitchen, and living room

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/06/2021

07/14/2021

Norm F.

Did not show up for appointment. No call. No message.

Description of Work
Remodel apartment unit.

Work Completed On 07/12/2021

01/23/2021

Sam S.

I cannot recommend Andres & his team enough. They were prompt, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and very skilled. He and his entire team had great attention to detail and it was relief to find someone so dependable. Angies list is lucky to have a team like this representing them! 5 stars isn’t enough for the excellent work he and his team do! Thank you!

Description of Work
Painting, floor, deck repair

Category contractors, carpet cleaners, fencing, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

11/09/2020

Don G.

We arranged for a time to meet at my house to give me an estimate but he never showed.

Description of Work
Needed a small cement & brick landing put in my hillside backyard.

Category lawn service, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

06/10/2020

Pam M.

They did a great job and were very pleasant to work with

Description of Work
3 faucets, toilet seats

Category cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

02/11/2020

Angelica P.

He did a great job. He was professional and honest.

Description of Work
Hang a new door and re-do door frame.

Work Completed On 02/11/2020

08/05/2019

Christina H.

The overall project took 7 days and workers arrived on time each day. Workers worked hard, were courteous, and very responsive to my request. They cleaned up each day so I could use the bathroom right away after they left. The workers took care to not damage my floor tile. Communication with Andres was great especially when issues arose. Andres and Lupe (his tile person) made a suggestion to elevate the aesthetic of my bathroom at a surprisingly low cost. A shower valve was defective (from manufacturer) and Andres came back to fix it as promised. Will definitely hire Andres the Handyman again.

Description of Work
Replace bathtub/shower, install tile, replace shower valve in 2nd shower, and replace bathroom exhaust fan

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

06/23/2019

Maren T.

Excellent experience!! Will be using him again soon for another project. Very professional, fair prices, very respectful of both me and my home. His crew was also quiet, clean, and very efficient. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Description of Work
painted a bedroom

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

06/23/2019

Maren T.

I highly recommend him!! Andres and his crew were wonderful! The price quoted was very reasonable, he listened to what I wanted and repeated it so I knew he understood, and everything went great. They arrived on time and did the work efficiently and neatly. I have never had workers in my home who were so respectful of me and my property. They had to go in and out a lot and the door was always closed behind them very quietly, they put down tarps where they entered so my floor was protected, and they were very careful to not ding or damage any moldings or carpet. The room looks great! They were very clean, and they cleaned up completely before they left. I'm extremely happy with their work and will hire him again. I've already asked him to quote me on two more jobs I'm thinking of doing. Honest, knowledgeable and takes pride in his work.

Description of Work
Paint a bedroom and closet

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

01/26/2018

Martina W.

Two appointments were made. He did not call or arrive for 1st appointment, I then phoned to inquire, he asked could we reschedule later in the week. I agreed, and he didn't arrive for that appointment either.

Description of Work
Replace small bathroom window, replace 6 interior door knobs, adjust bedroom door, install closet doors.

Work Completed On 01/20/2018

08/08/2017

Kathy W.

He is honestly the hardest worker I have ever met! I highly recommend him. We put him in a challenging position to install a dog door between an electrical box and a support beam. He first declined because he is smart enough to know that is a difficult install. We pushed him a bit and he agreed. This 3 hour project took 4 days because of the difficult environment. He was steadfast and continued to complete the project despite the long hours. He ended up making his own frame and used concrete to seal the electrical from water seepage. Thanks Andres!

Description of Work
Added dog door through wall

Work Completed On 07/29/2017

05/01/2017

Cynthia M C.

I left a message. He never called me back.

Description of Work
Install new residential mailbox If he would ever call me back, maybe would hire. If he does not do that kind of work, would have been courteous if he had returned my call and let me know.

Category concrete repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

09/26/2016

Karl K.

Minor issues but so far no complaints

Description of Work
Faucet and other tasks

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

04/26/2016

richard C.

I think it went quite well. Andres is very easy to talk to. He listens and also has good ideas of his own. Does really good work. Was really happy with results.

Description of Work
Removed brick facade from fireplace and drywalled.

Work Completed On 04/26/2016

01/18/2016

Alex S.

Andres contacted me right after my request. Came to my home the next day. While here he did a thorough walk through and provided great suggestions as well as asked good clarification questions. Andres delivered a fair quote that same night and started two days later. There were no unpleasant surprises he did a fantastic job as promised, on time and on budget. So much so that I asked him to do further work. His craftsmanship is superb. His demeanor very professional. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Fixed carpentry work. Finished drywall installation, taping, plastering, sanding and finishing. Primed and painting. Trim design, cut, installation and painting.

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/18/2016

12/26/2015

Mary R.

Excellent work, very professional. Finished product was perfect.

Description of Work
Had some water damage. Andres repaired ceiling/walls, painted.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/01/2015

10/03/2015

Ruthann M.

I tried but was unable to get Andres to help with some work around the house. On our first scheduled visit he never showed up. We rescheduled. On the second, he showed up a few minutes late. Not a huge deal, but when you're trying to get the kids out the door and have a tight schedule before work every minute counts. We spent 30 minutes walking through the house and he said he would give me a quote. I was actually kind of hoping that he would hop right in and take care of the work and bill me for his time. Anyway, I never got a quote and wasn't impressed so I found another handyman.

Description of Work
Came to my house to provide a quote for roughly 1-2 days of work.

Work Completed On 07/01/2015

09/22/2015

MICHAEL T.

Am 100% satisfied with the work and the price. Andres and his workers are very polite, courteous, and punctual. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Major portion of living room ceiling in 1925 house broke loose. Was lath and plaster. Andres and crew showed up on time, repaired and repainted the ceiling in two days, cleaned up the mess, and it's impossible to tell where the repair is.

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2014

08/27/2015

J CARLO O.

never replied to my message, I called him but he never pick up the ph and his voice mail is full.

Description of Work
No response,

Work Completed On 08/21/2015

07/31/2015

Christyann A.

Never responded to my AngiesList message! Why do these people even list on AngiesList if they do not respond to members' messages?

Description of Work
Wooden deck and balcony in need of repair

Work Completed On 07/27/2015

06/16/2015

Jay H.

Never received a response to 3 inquiries I sent him....1 Angie's list message and 2 voicemails.

Description of Work
I sent a message and called Mr Andris handyman to set up an appointment to provide an estimate and possibly do several small repair tasks at one of my rental properties. two days later, I have not received a response whatsoever to any of my inquiries. It certainly looks as if he does good work, based on all of the positive reviews, but there are quite a few negative reviews where he fails to respond. I am in the latter category, and would have liked to see his work. However, he missed his chance, as I have several properties that he could have had a lot of extra work, especially to keep his crew busy when it is slow, but this lack of response is a very good indication of what his work product will be.....good work when and if he shows up, and zero effort when he fails to respond. Unfortunately, I would not use him or recommend him to any of my family or friends.

Work Completed On 06/15/2015

04/29/2015

Jessica S.

I contacted Andres and described all the repairs that needed to be done. We were set to go for the following day (Saturday) and was a no show. Plus he never returned my calls or messages. Lost a weekend. I know things happen but a short and simple heads-up would have been appreciated.

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/24/2015

04/14/2015

Joseph C.

He came after a scheduling conflict and finished the job without incident. He did exactly what I asked for. He let me know of any problems up front and then proceeded to quietly get the job done.

Description of Work
Replaced Kitchen faucet. Rebuilt water damaged sink cabinet bottom board.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/03/2015