ALTADENA LOCK & KEY SHOP

Founded 1951 • With Angi since May 2005

1371 N LAKE AVE # A

Pasadena, CA 91104

we are a business up and running since 1951. we welcome any commercial ,home and industrial costumers . take all mayor credit card ,checks and cash 4 employes...

01/17/2018

Jonathan H.

Locksmith called at appointment time, 10 am. He asked to reschedule for 2 pm. I agreed. But at 2 pm, the locksmith did not show up. Nor did he respond to my text and phone call to ask for an update. I have always heard this company is solid but there is no excuse for this kind of service experience. I will not be contacting them in the future.

Description of Work
Made an appointment with this company for a laundry list of locksmith jobs at my house—surely several hundred dollars' worth of work.

11/21/2016

NANCY K.

This company sent someone within an hour. He changed out the lock quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
The lock to our gated property needed to be changed so that a disgruntled employee no longer had access.

07/28/2016

Robert G.

Luis arrived as agreed. Very friendly and professional. Explained what was wrong and quickly resolved the issue. He also had a new lock that I purchased and he put onto the carport storage unit. Saving me time. I would use his business again.

Description of Work
Remove a lock that was jammed and would not open a carport storage unit

10/24/2015

Allan K.

Called the shop first thing in the morning to schedule re-key of my house. Made the appointment for 11 AM the same day. Manuel showed up on time and ready to work. He gave a quote of $45 for the call and $10 per lock to be re-keyed. 6 locks had to be re-keyed, plus he made me some extra keys. He was done in less then an hour.

Description of Work
Re-key my entry door and back door. I was very happy with his work, Manuel was prompt, and did his job.

10/03/2015

K Ellison M.

Me and my roommate stupidly locked both our keys inside the house and called Altadena lock & key shop for a simple lockout request. Manuel arrived within 30 minutes and had us back in our house in under 3 min! Very courteous and professional. Price was the best I saw (and even better than getting a window screen replaced, which I considered) and I recommend them highly!

Description of Work
Lockout Help!

01/20/2015

Richard C.

Arrive on time was very professional job was done within an hour as mentioned and his clean up was excellent his warranty was call me anytime would recommend them to anyone and everyone thanks Manuel for the great job

Description of Work
Installed inside the entry door a keyless dead bolt and a peep hole

10/27/2014

Patricia H.

Fantastic service. I left the deadbolt there and picked it up that evening. Gave me three keys to go with it. Fantastic. Also, I didn't know Emtek were fixed handles - thought you could switch between a right and left swing door. So after talking with the nice gentleman (don't know his name), he said he would try and see if they could switch out the springs and get it to work. I have to go and pick it up. I've used them before (home calls and in-store work) and will continue using them.

Description of Work
I purchased an EMTEK door set from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore on Fair Oaks for $10 and took it to Altadena Lock and key to get it re-keyed.

07/24/2014

Charles S.

It went very well. I had to call to find out that he was on his way from another job. A call from them would have been nice. the work was well done.

Description of Work
change three entry door locks, keying them to an existing key, and add two cabinet locks

06/12/2014

cesar J.

He was very professional and very kind, he made a very cute for my mother who is two years old, I won't always use in the future and for all that he did it was very reasonably priced

06/03/2014

Joann A.

I needed a to rekey my car because I lost my keys. When I called they where nice, professional and attentive . They gave me a quote of $250 to rekey my car and give me 2 keys. They explained that the price was high because the key had a microchip. When they asked for my location they told me that I was too far and they do not service that location.

Description of Work
Quoted me a price to rekey a Nissan Altima

06/03/2014

STEVE B.

The door lock was hard to open. He repaired the lock so it is now very easy to use the key to open the lock.

Description of Work
Repaired door lock.

04/17/2014

Julie C.

It's a family business. Dad came out to look at the locks and bid; went back to shop to make keys; son delivered and made sure they all worked correctly.

Description of Work
Provide keys to desks and file cabinets that had locks but no keys.

04/15/2014

Enrique S.

Prompt service and very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Installed a new deadbolt and tightened an existing lock.

04/07/2014

Ramzi S.

It was a good experience. The cost was exactly as indicated on Angie's List. It was quite good. They were very helpful when I asked him questions. His price was comparable to other locksmiths I called in Pasadena, his price was not any lower. The going price for locksmiths in Pasadena is $90 per hour. To my opinion it's expensive, but that's how they charge. They came exactly when they said they were going to come.

Description of Work
Altadena Lock & Key Shop installed a new lock a month ago.

02/21/2014

Cynthia S.

They were very helpful and thorough.

Description of Work
Replaced two very old locks.

01/14/2014

Bryan A.

I came home one night and the locking mechanism on my front door kind of fell apart and the guy from there came and repaired it for me. I had also locked myself out at the same time, I think it was $180 to get myself back in the house and repaired the house. It was a really nice guy, he was really great. He got there really quick , you know I was kind of late for work. He got there and got me in, dissembled the lock and he actually took it back to his shop to repair it and then came back in the evening when i came from work to put it all together.

Description of Work
Altadena Lock and Key Shop repaired a front door lock for me.

01/08/2014

Pat L.

We needed to replace our lock when we moved in to our new home. Altadena Lock and Key came out the same day we called and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replaced front door lock.

12/30/2013

Edwin C.

I called and they had someone there in less than an hour and made two new keys from a serial number in less time than that. Sit started with a great experience on the phone and ended up being very inexpensive and fast. You expect to have them schedule something for the next couple of days, but he was literally there in under an hour after I called. Very experienced, very professional and truly nice people as well. I put 0 in the cost box because I don't quite remember, but I remember it being very, very reasonable.

Description of Work
Made new keys for a huge metal toolbox

12/16/2013

Michael D.

Outstanding and beyond expectations. Manuel spent about 20 min with a difficult extraction of a broken key from a lock on hard motorcycle saddlebags. This was a recurrent problem and the 3rd such key I had broken off in the same lock. He listened to the problem and guaranteed he could make a stronger key using the same lock, which he did by recreating the original key with extra care to maximize the narrow section that was causing all my problems. It clearly was a much stronger key and better than the original. I thought the locks would need to be replaced but at $3.25 per key and $20 for broken fragment extraction this was a huge success. He knows his stuff and took care of me on the spot on a very busy late Friday afternoon. BTW this is the first provider I have ever given all A's too and I mean it.

Description of Work
Extracted broken key from motorcycle saddlebags and made 3 new keys

Category auto repair, locksmith

11/16/2013

Nancy H.

The owner came to look at the job. I liked him and thought he was knowledgeable and would do a good job. He said he needed to order parts. I told him that it was necessary that we get the lock installed in the following week. He first said he was going on vacation. I told him that I would need to call another company then, that we were beginning construction, and I needed that lock installed. He said, and quot;OK, I'll delay my vacation then.and quot; I as worried about it, but he said he would come the following week. He never came, never called. Eventually his son called, told me that his father was out of town, a family emergency. Maybe true, but I doubted it. He said he could possibly do the job. He came to look at it, said he needed to get parts and would be back. I called him once or twice, and he said he was still looking for the parts. We have never heard back from either one, and our lock was NOT installed when we needed it. Had I know, I would have contacted a different locksmith. I cannot recommend him. I was VERY disappointed.

Description of Work
I needed a key entry added to our patiio sliding glass/wood framed doors.

Category locksmith, apartments

10/02/2013

Gwenn P.

I had two other locksmiths attempt to complete this difficult task. They could not fix the locks on three old (forty years ) sliding doors. The locking devices were not only broken, but the alignment was off on one of the doors, and the other doors needed adjustment. This talented locksmith was able to fix all three sliding doors and one of the sliding doors that was completely unable to and quot;slideand quot; was replaced by a sliding door that he had in his shop. All of this work for only $500.00! Exceptional worker and dedicated to getting the job done.

Description of Work
This locksmith repaired the locks and locking devices on three old sliding doors.placed three oldwas extremely professional: arrived on time, completed a complex task of repairing the locks of very old sliding doors. He replaced a door, repaired multiple locks and gave 100% effort. I had other locksmiths attempt to make the repairs but were unable to. I highly recommend this locksmith, he is an exceptional worker

07/29/2013

Anna C.

Called to get an estimate to re-key our new house. Made an appointment and waited for them to show up. They never came, nor did they call or pick up the phone when I called them.

Description of Work
Did not show up for schedule appointment.

07/04/2013

Jason W.

Before moving into my new home I wanted to re-key the entire place. I called and set up an appointment. They showed up as promised and after I told them what I wanted they began work. They explained all of my options and were completely pressure free. Within a few hours the entire house was done. All keys/locks worked, and more importantly continue to work, without issue. Although I never hope to move again, if I do, I will call Altadena Lock and Key.

Description of Work
Re-keyed my entire home.

06/17/2013

Madison P.

The guy that showed up was wonderful! Professional and polite. Knew what I wanted and had everything with him! He did the work in a short amount of time and it was a very reasonable price. I will absolutely use this service again!

Description of Work
I had an interior door that needed a key lock and dead bolt added to it.

04/05/2013

Alice V.

Altadena lock and key was terrific. They showed up when they said they would, worked quickly, solved an additional problem and their rates are really reasonable. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Rekeyed locks and repaired broken lock.

Barak Lock & Security

Friendly, reliable full-service security firm and locksmith that has been serving Los Angeles area residents and businesses since 2003.

Locksmith at your Door

Locksmith at your Door is a 24/7 locksmith service that offers emergency, residential, commercial and auto services within Southern California. Our technicians are experienced, knowledgeable, and professional and can help you with any of your locksmith needs. We specialize in lock rekey, lock replacement and installation, car or house lockout, eviction, opening safes or vaults and much more. We will be pleased to assist you just give us a call today to schedule one of our technicians to come assist you with any of your locksmith needs. 562-552-2024

Offers by Locksmith at your Door on Angi
    Infinity Garage Door and Gate

Infinity Garage Door After working as a technician and manager for different companies and serving customers in the greater Los Angeles area for the last six years, we decided to open our own company that believes in professionalism, honesty and excellent customer service. There is no job too small or too big for us ! We do our job with a smile while providing you with a 5-star experience, no up-selling, no over-pricing, no surprises.

Offers by Infinity Garage Door and Gate on Angi