Rans Group

Founded 1978 • With Angi since January 2007

General Contracting firm with extensive specialty in Custom Cabinetry, Finish Carpentry, Architectural Millwork. We also offer typical Contracting services such as Electrical, Painting, Home remodeling and Maintenance. Owner operated, Established 1978, Licensed, Bonded & Workman's Compensation Insured....

Blue Lion Medicare

Call (888) 858-1408. Blue Lion Medicare work with over 200 plans and specializes in savings seniors money on their Medicare coverage!

Flury-Hinderks Insurance Agency

We are available for calls, texts or emails and the office is fully operational during the COVID period. Flury-Hinderks Insurance Agency is your trusted Insurance Advisor. Fully licensed in; Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Texas, Colorado, Arizona, California, Utah, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas and Georgia. As an Independent Insurance Agent, we compare insurance rates for you and provide quality advice and coverage tailored for you and your family. We will help guide you through the options available today and insure you and your family at the best possible cost. Unlike direct insurance providers, an independent insurance agency has the flexibility to provide quotes from different companies and give you the most peace of mind for your money. In most cases, we can save you money by bundling your insurance policies together.

ID pressure washing

08/08/2016

I wrote a review of my experience with Steve Kane of Rans Group on 3/03/2014. Fast forward 2 years later and I called Steve to mention that a couple of our cabinet hinges seemed off. He was not happy to hear that and insisted that they ALL be replaced. He went to his supplier to let then know he wasn't happy with the product and proceeded to order new hinges for the entire job he had completed 2 years ago. All this was completed at no cost to us !! His integrity is a rarity!! I would not hesitate to recommend him as he is a perfectionist at his craft.

Description of Work
Cabinet Hinges Replaced from prior work done by Steve Kane.

07/27/2016

Steve was easy to talk to and very honest/straight forward regarding his opinion on custom cabinets and whether or not they are actually worth the money (especially since our intentions are to sell our home in the next three years). He gave some very helpful suggestions on options we might consider to keep the price down. I'm very grateful I took the time to call him before signing a contract at Lowe's.

Description of Work
I am thinking about remodeling our small kitchen and am currently in the process of comparing prices. I'd gotten an estimate from Lowe's (about $7000 for just cabinetry) and asked Steve his opinion and what he would charge.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

07/03/2015

WOW... Where to start. First I never go low bid. You just end up with problems and the price goes up higher than a better person anyway. Steve on the other hand had fair pricing. You may not agree but he is a professional, craftsman, efficient and artisan. I had finished my cabinets myself, and just like installing my floor - I knew my limitations. So I went about finding someone who could install my crown moulding PERFECTLY. I found Steve after some searching. I drew up some plans and found him here. He called me. And while he usually does really large jobs, he had time for my small one. Steve showed up on time and got to work. Mind you, my home doesn't have a square corner in it anywhere. This didn't fluster Steve. He navigated the poor construction of my house and installed the moulding PERFECTLY. Every corner matched like you would expect from the best finish cabinetry or fine piece of furniture. This was the last piece of the puzzle for my project and it went perfect. I would recommend Steve for any project. He was smart and skilled. And I guess these days you need to mention he was clean and could put sentences together. If you are looking for the best. Call Steve. You won't find him the cheapest - OR the most expensive. But what you will get is craftsmanship without compromise with no stress before or during the process. And in the end - you will look at the work and know you just increased the value of your home. I hope this helps you with your decision. Steve - thanks for everything !!!

Description of Work
Steve installed crown moulding for me.

02/11/2015

At the beginning of our conversation, I thought Steve was going to be helpful. I had already had a bad experience with a contractor, who failed to follow-through. I explained to Steve that we already had purchased the counter top and I had a Home Depot invoice with the cabinet information (We had previously purchased Home Depot cabinets. They gave us a refund for the cabinets when our initial contractor flaked on us, although they couldn't give us a refund for the counter top because it had been custom made.) When Steve said he preferred to do his own measurements rather than go with someone else's, I had no problem with that. However, I did have a problem when he wanted to charge me a $65 "consulting fee" to perform this task. This was odd because other Angie's List contractors offered this for free. Then he wanted a 10% deposit to start the job. I didn't understand this--why 10% down when I'm paying for all the materials up front? $65 here, 10% there...and no work has even been done? Again, I already had a contractor flake on me and I needed to cover myself if Steve turned out to be another flaky contractor. When I voiced my concern, and even conceded to pay the $65, Steve really got difficult. He began telling me that I needed to "have skin in the game" for him to begin work and that he was trying to "squeeze me in" as if he was doing me a favor. I reminded him that I hadn't asked for any favors, just wanted to know when he was available and how much he would charge. Then he told me that he too was a landlord and had difficulties with contractors....however, that didn't seem to make him understand my situation any more. I told Steve I would consider paying him 50% when the job was 50% complete and the final 50% when the job was completed. At this point Steve said, never mind--and I completely agreed. I told him he was not the contractor for me. When I hung up the phone, I really began to question the advantage of using Angie's List. Then I talked to 2 other Angie's List contractors who were professional, courteous and considerate--they restored my faith in Angie's List. I hired one of them to do the kitchen cabinets and communication with him has been absolutely great! He's taken the measurements and reviewed the Home Depot invoice--at no extra cost. I look forward to him successfully completing the job so I can submit a good review in his behalf.

Description of Work
I contacted Rans Group (Steve) for a quote to replace kitchen cabinets in our rental.

10/21/2014

Steve went over the project with me personally: materials, cost, timeframe etc. Everything was ready for the installation. Steve exceeded my expectations: quality materials, great craftsmanship. Steve even set up my entertainment center. I couldnt be happier with the results.

Description of Work
Steve Kane (Rand Corp) built a custom made bookcase/cabinet for my condo loft.

Category custom cabinets,woodworking

07/28/2014

Steve did an excellent job. He was always pleasant and arrived on time. Each day the work area was left neat & clean. I always like to get the best, and with Steve we know we did! He did a prefect job for us! Thanks Again Steve! Tom & DeAnna

Description of Work
Built & installed new Master Bath custom vanity, hung 3 new doors, repaired another, & installed new hinges on 6 more doors. Installed Dining Room beam paneling & moldings & fixed existing Kitchen moldings.

03/03/2014

My experience with Mr. Steve Kane of Rans Group was indeed a positive one. From the first phone call, which was returned promptly, I had a feeling that I finally found the right person for the job. He was, if I remember correctly, my fourth, possibly fifth estimate. From the very start, Steve took his time explaining what he could do, offered suggestions, and answered any and all questions presented by myself or my husband. He was even able to give us a rough estimate of cost after some discussion and when it came down to the final design and writing up a contract he wasn't far off. Early on in the process of finding the right person for the job, I never felt pressured by Steve. Once we decided to hire him, he wrote up a clear and concise contract detailing the work that would be done. Throughout the process of working with him, phone calls and email messages were always answered in a timely manner. I could not be happier with the results of my new cabintes, not to mention the custome hood he built . Steve's attention to detail is impeccable and it is evident that he truly loves what he does. He is passionate about his work. He also only handles one job at a time, so if he blocks out the time on his calendar for your job, he's all yours !! Steve is very personable, knowledgable in his craft, and an honest business man. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Designed, built and installed beautiful new kitchen cabinets and a custom range hood.

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

09/26/2013

He did terrific work. He did a beautiful carpentry job that is going to stand out and last for years. It was really a great piece of carpentry and I was really pleased with it. He did everything he said he would. He was there on time and he was punctual. He didn't mess around. He was there when he told me he would be pretty much to the second. He gave me an estimate and he came back with the gate when he said he would. He charged 50% upfront and the rest when he was done. I was impressed with the work. It was clean. It is a really good gate. He gave me realistic time frames. I could time my watch by him. He was very professional and he did everything I asked him to do. I would absolutely use him again.

Description of Work
I used Rans Group to create a side gate.

Category fencing,woodworking

08/05/2013

He is a good guy. I used them in March. He is a hard worker. He is honest. He knows what he is doing.

Description of Work
I used Rans Group for cabinet making. He does cabinetry work. I don't recall the price.

07/22/2013

Went well. More than happy. Much beeter and more beautiful than expected.

Description of Work
Removed and rebuilt the kitchen cabinets

Category custom cabinets

Residential remodeling, kitchen's, bathrooms, cabinetry and cabinet refacing, finish carpentry, doors, windows, crown moldings & staircases.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal