Small Bin

Founded 2004 • With Angi since June 2010

9136 Willis Ave

Panorama City, CA 91402

Small Bin is a Garbage Collection business....

11/28/2018

nancy R.

They delivered on time, and they picked up when they said they would.

Description of Work
I needed a small bin delivered; then picked up 5 days later.

10/20/2017

Kimberlee C.

They told us a price before loading the truck and then upped the price after the job was down stating that they under-estimated how much of the truck the things took up. I felt taken advantage of. They should stick to their original price and not do a bait and switch.

Description of Work
Moving dirt and small items from garage

07/22/2017

Jessica L.

This company was recommended to me and I will never trust that friend again. We needed a dumpster because we are renovating a house. I told Tony I would need multiple pick ups and he said we just needed to call and he would switch out the dumpster. When I called today to ask him to pick it up and switch it out he said he needed 24 hours notice and that he wouldn't be able to pick it up. When I asked why he didn't tell me that yesterday when I said we needed multiple dumpsters he couldn't answer me. He had no problem taking the check I left paying for two dumpster loads. I explained that we were on a time crunch and it was super important that he try and work with me, and moving forward I would know about the 24 hour notice but his response was telling me to have my guys remove the trash already in the dumpster and he would return my check. Not to mention, when the dumpster was dropped off in the morning my guys asked the driver about pick up and the guy said to give them a call and they would pick it up in an hour. Tony is rude and there are a lot of other dumpster rental companies out there.

Description of Work
Dumpster rental

01/16/2017

Daniel D.

Great! Delivered 12 hours after order. It DID take several days for them to come pick it up...but that actually worked out because I found more junk to cram in the bin!

Description of Work
Patio structure was torn down and we needed to dispose of a pile of leftovers.

01/07/2017

Michael W.

They were good. They were on time. They dropped off and picked up when they said. It was a good price.

Description of Work
They provided dumpster service.

11/10/2015

Ken K.

I needed to rent a 10 yard bin to haul away a mixture of turf and dirt my landscaper removed. Most bin rental companies won't touch a mix of dirt and vegetation in Los Angeles because of restrictions on dumping both together. Tony was OK with this and he was friendly, totally accessible, prompt, professional and reasonable (I comparison shopped). We have a bumpy, fairly steep driveway which Tony delivered to and picked up from with great expertise. I will use him again.

Description of Work
He rented a 10 yard dirt bin to me and dumped it 3 days later after it wass filled.

08/13/2015

DAVID V.

Small bins is a fantastic value. They provide a 4 yard small bin to your location for $150. We ended up ordering a total of (3). We filled with with demolition debris. They were very accurate on when they could pick-up and deliver the bins. I did have to wait a day or two to schedule pickup, but they came exactly when they promised. Great value and a great guy.

Description of Work
Provided a 4 yard "small bin" to my house

Category garbage collection

07/24/2015

Deborah K.

great, responsive service. Was able to quickly accommodate changes. Very satisfied and will use again.

Description of Work
provided dumpster for drop off and pick up

05/28/2014

janine D.

Very disappointed, this was a horrible experience. I called several bin company's before I called Tony at Small Bin. Most bin companies said next day service would be the earliest I could receive a bin. Tony said he could drop off a bin on the same day so I booked it. This did not happen! The time changed several times with several different excuses, such as traffic. After waiting and waiting for the bin to arrive we called Tony. Tony promised the bin would be dropped off the next day in the morning. The next day, the bin was still not there by noon so I called Tony again to hear more excuses. At this point it was to late to book another bin with another company or I would have; we were stuck with Tony. If I had it to do all over again I would have never used this company. Poor customer service and poor communication.

Description of Work
Drop off and pick-up of 4 Yard Small Bin

04/04/2014

Sara B.

Everything went well. Bin was dropped off when scheduled. Picked up when we were done.

Description of Work
Dropped off and later picked up bin that we filled with garage clean out trash.

02/04/2014

Richard C.

I was impressed how he trusted me and left the dumpsters even when I got delayed and couldn't meet him to give him the payment. The only trouble I had was a broken wheel on one of the dumpsters and couldn't move it down my driveway. Tony was prompt and kept to his word. I would definately use this company again.

Description of Work
Provided two - four yard bins so I could clean out my garage.

12/17/2013

JOSEPH V.

The deliveries and pickups were done exactly when needed. I was told precisely how to load the bins to get the maximum use from them. This company is wonderful! I will use them in future and have already recommended them to relatives and neighbors. Very accommodating and professional people.

Description of Work
I have limited driveway space and needed two bins. The first bin was delivered and as soon as it was filled, it was replaced with another.

11/14/2013

Chris M.

Bad experience. Agreed time to deliver was 8am-10am. They didn't not contact me to let me know they would be running late. It finally arrived at 2pm. Also they delivered the wrong size to what I asked for. They were not apologetic and did not accept that they had made a mistake. I will not use this provider again.

Description of Work
Drop off Dumpster

10/29/2013

Erin R.

The Small Bins delivery person had considerable trouble finding our house (he apparently didn't have a navigation system/app and wasn't familiar with the San Gabriel Valley) and arrived late as a result. Our arrangement was that he would leave the dumpster for a week and then pick it up. However, after almost a month had gone by, we called him and he eventually came to get the dumpster. Although we didn't necessarily want a dumpster in front of our house for that long, it did sort of end up working out in our favor because it gave us more time to finish our demolition project.

Description of Work
Small Bins provided a dumpster for our bathroom demolition project.

10/28/2013

George O.

Great. I was leaning toward something smaller, but he talked me into the larger dumpster, which was perfect. I dealt with the owner who not only answers his own phone, but really knows his stuff. His prices are competitive and he delivers as promised.

Description of Work
Provided a 25 cubic yard dumpster.

10/15/2013

Debra G.

Dropped on time and as described.

Description of Work
Dropped off and picked up 30 yard dumspter

10/11/2013

Dennis B.

This company is amazing. This is the second time this year I've used them. I had a huge amount yard waste that was cut by my gardeners and thought it would be faster/easier for them if I just ordered a large bin. It was a last minute decision and the next morning I had a bin in front of my house. It was then picked up after it was all loaded. I would 100% recommend this company.

Description of Work
Small bins dropped of a large bin for yard waste and picked it up the same day.

10/10/2013

Tom C.

Tony at Small Bins did a great job for me. He provided the dumpsters at a reasonable cost. His service was on schedule with drop off and pickup. When I needed a third dumpster he provided me with one on very short notice. He did a very professional job. He dropped them off empty and picked them up full at a good price and right on time. I will use his Small Bin service again.

Description of Work
I needed two dumpsters at my home for refuse disposal during my garage cleaning. I rented two large dumpsters with locking lids from Small Bin for one week. Before my job was complete I needed to rent one additional dumpster for a total of three.

10/01/2013

Sara B.

Everything went very smoothly! He didn't pick it up right when he said he would.

Description of Work
Small Bin delivered me a bin on time.

09/19/2013

Carol S.

We had an initial communication problem, in that he didn't come at the time we thought he was coming. After a phone call, he brought the bin the next morning. We ordered a small bin, but they didn't have one that size in the yard. So we got a larger bin for the amount we had agreed upon for the smaller one. We had arranged to have the bin for a week, but filled it much more quickly than we thought we would. We called and told him that we were through filling it, and he came and picked it up the next day. This was on Thursday, when the original plan was to pick it up on Saturday. It is nice to have our driveway back in use a few days early! Everything went smoothly and well. We would use this company again.

Description of Work
brought a garbage disposal bin to our house, left it for several days, then picked it up and took it all away. We used it while cleaning out our garage.

09/17/2013

MARILYN C.

The delivery was fine however the pick up was another story. Did not call back to reschedule pick up. Just showed up on a Sunday afternoon. instead of rearranging a few items so bin would close he just threw items on ground. I found them and ran after him and put them in bin myself. It was annoying.

Description of Work
Deliver and pick up apartment size dumpster.

08/27/2013

John H.

It was great - way better than my previous experience with a different dumpster company.

Description of Work
Called him, he dropped off the dumpster that day, picked it up three days later. no hassle.

08/20/2013

Linda W.

They were fine. The delivered it and picked it up at the appropriate.

Description of Work
They were a dumpster service for me.

08/14/2013

Marvin S.

It was pretty good. It's just that your bin stays longer than you expect and then when you want it to be removed when you're done with it, it takes them a while to get it off your property. They drop off a bin and it's clean. They gave me 10 days, and I called them on the tenth day, but they didn't come to pick it up until the following week, which were about five days after they said they were going to pick it up. They didn't charge me extra. It's just a hassle having a big bin in the backyard. The price is reasonable.

Description of Work
I have been using Small Bin.

08/03/2013

Rick G.

Small Bins have been great. We've used them 4 times over the past year during our home renovation. Fast, friendly and the price is pretty good.

Description of Work
Provided bins for us a few times during our home renovations

Category garbage collection, hauling services, dumpster service