General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling

Founded 1972 • With Angi since May 2010

We are a family owned and operated business. Father and son. We offer complete Kitchen and Bathroom remodels to give your home that new look. We work personally with each individual customer to fully understand your needs. We are proud to use the best materials available while also maintaining the

home remodeling (15)marble & granite (2)woodworking (83)cabinet makers (61)cabinet refacing (23)door installation (11)plastering (2)general contractors (2)glass repair (1)

01/17/2023

CARLA G.

I have been a client of G.C. Woodworking for many years. Albert (the owner) has built several custom cabinets for my house including a beautiful glass and wood display cabinet, a half wall which he converted to DVD/CD storage, a wall of cabinets for my patio and recently he redid the floor and lower cabinets in my kitchen. I have been very happy with all his work which is why I trusted him with my kitchen. His suggestions for my cabinets have made my kitchen more efficient. He utilized every inch of available space so I now have places for items previously on my counters. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Due to a leaky pipe and dishwasher I had to replace the lower kitchen cabinets and floor.

05/31/2022

Chris E.

The work and materials used were first rate. Great care was taken to meet my very specific needs for looks and functionality. The job was finished on time and on budget. Install went smoothly and the team was professional, detailed and polite.

Description of Work
custom cabinetry

Work Completed On 05/31/2022

02/24/2021

Matt H.

Albert did our cabinets for our kitchen remodel. Albert was friendly and helpful and always available anytime I called with a question or concern. Truly custom cabinets. Every cabinet Albert would build he would ask exactly how many drawers or what size you wanted. What inserts you wanted etc. his refinisher also did a great job on the existing cabinets we kept. We can’t tell the difference between the new and old. His attention to detail and standards were very high. Would use him again.

Description of Work
Custom cabinets and refacing

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for the review. Hope you will give me the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Happy new year and stay safe and healthy. Albert.

01/09/2021

David B.

Albert and his crew from G.C. Woodworking are miracle workers. I have a nice, but older home, in the Hollywood Hills, and the kitchen was in need of updating. Rather than a full remodel, I decided to reface the kitchen cabinets and add a few wood panels. Along the way I also built two new cabinets and remodeled the cabinet area where a new and larger refrigerator had to go. The price was fair, and the quality of work was outstanding. Now, my kitchen looks just like new. Albert was always available to answer questions and always oversaw the crew’s work. I highly recommend G.C. Woodworking for a reasonable price and first-class results.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

10/15/2020

Linda S.

Everything went according to plan. Albert was very professional, polite, honest with amazing attention to detail. He had great suggestions that improved the project. He started when he said he would, finished when he said he would and everything was done to perfection. He and his sons are true craftsmen. We also had the house painted by his other son who has a painting business. We were very pleased with the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Refacing kitchen cabinets, install new granite counter top, reconfigure counter layout, install new sink and light fixture.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 38952430

09/23/2020

Ian R.

I had an EXCELLENT experience. The Company responded to my initial query very quickly. We had a pleasant conversation about what I needed. I received a competitive quotation. The box was made. I collected it. It is exactly what I wanted and I recommend this Company to anyone who needs a custom-made project.

Description of Work
I had a wooden box made to become a component of my entertainment system

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]. Thank you so much for this beautiful review. Hope you will give me the opportunity to serve you again. Albert. General Custom Woodworking.

08/24/2020

Mike A.

The work performed was great. We had a new fireplace mantle installed and the old molding needed to be replaced. Albert asked for pictures and measurements and came out to custom fit the molding. Now it looks like it was original. Great job.

Description of Work
Replace molding to include new fireplace mantle

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

05/18/2020

Robert D.

Great communication, expertise in all aspects of kitchen cabinetry and hinges. Plus, very safe with social distancing, both Albert and his worker wore masks and were very clean. Did the job better than I could have imagined. I recommend!

Description of Work
Broken Hinges, rehang cabinet doors and aligning them

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 38584430

11/13/2019

Christine C.

This firm is terrific. Professional, first rate craftsmanship, a fair price and the job was done ahead of the scheduled date. I highly recommend this firm and it's manager, Albert Goldin.

Description of Work
Rebuilding kitchen drawers

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

12/18/2018

Charles S.

Very good. Listen to our wants and worked with our preliminary design. Made excellent recommendations to improve the design. 31000

Description of Work
Build and installed custom kitchen wall cabinets, island, and pantry

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

03/01/2018

Laura N.

Albert was so helpful and willing to come out quickly to do this job. He was so professional and nice it made me wish he'd been the one to build the cabinet in the first place!

Description of Work
Grommet holes in cabinetry

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

12/21/2017

Brian B.

Project went well and work was performed in a timely manner. Albert shows up on time and is easy to communicate with. All is good and would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Odd size cabinets next to range

Work Completed On 12/21/2017

11/14/2017

Daniel M.

Everything went fine and Albert was very nice and accommodating. Though I felt the price at $1100 was a little high I understand that good cabinetry can be expensive. Overall we are very happy with the finished product.

Description of Work
We had a cabinet over an old refrigerator removed and replaced with a wine storage area slightly higher to accommodate a new fridge.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

08/04/2017

Walter L.

It went amazing!!! The service provided by Albert was nothing short of spectacular. This is a good man, who isn't all about how much money he is going to make. The most important thing to him is QUALITY and CUSTOMER SERVICE! Quality costs money but you can't put a price on customer service. Albert was on top of it every step of the way. Personalize service all the way, called me everytime he had suggestions on the build. I went with his knowledge, passion and craftsmanship and in the end I was EXTREMELY satisfied!!! He will be handling all my custom jobs for myself and all my clients going forward! Cannot say enough about him!

Description of Work
I had a custom modern double bathroom vanity built.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 35986729

07/10/2017

Jennifer L.

This review is so overdue (Albert performed the work last summer), but he was so great that when I remembered I had never left one, I immediately logged in to give him his well deserved praise. He was so easy to communicate with and worked with me to come up with the exact design I wanted. He kept me updated on every detail. His pricing was very fair (not the cheapest or most expensive of the quotes I received, but definitely best price for the quality of work performed.) And the pantry came out exactly as I hoped for! You would never know it wasn't a part of the original cabinetry. A year later and I'm still raving about it to my fiancé. Thank you Albert! I've included a before photo and two after photos.

Description of Work
Custom built pantry to match existing cabinets

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 35497956

04/02/2017

Daniel K.

Albert helped me design the pantry from the beginning and added great ideas to what I was thinking. He really understands design and space. He came back numerous times to help me with the details and make sure everything will fit properly. He also communicated with my contractor and was so easy-going about the working around his schedule and then working with him to make sure things like the electrical would fit in place. Albert's finishing touches are impeccable. He matched my current kitchen cabinetry for the pantry. It looks like it was always there. Not only that, but he fixed up some areas of my cabinets that were already there. I can't say enough about Albert's craftsmanship and professionalism in making sure he has a very happy customer. We are thrilled with our new pantry.

Description of Work
We did a remodel to accommodate a butlers pantry. This is the center of our kitchen now.

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/02/2017

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 34730545

03/19/2017

Eileen W.

Very well. The owner was friendly and had lots of good suggestions. There was no high-pressure to make a sale. The company definitely takes their work seriously and will check in with you every step along the way to make sure you're getting what you want.

Description of Work
We had new doors and drawers made for the kitchen in our main house, which had three different generations of cabinets, none of which matched. They also refaced the cabinets in the kitchenette in our little guest house.

Category woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Review for General Custom Woodworking and Remodeling - 14665 Arminta St, Panorama City, CA - 34636141

02/05/2017

Stanley R.

Everything was perfect. Albert is very easy to work with and his craftsmanship is outstanding. I would highly recommend him for any Finnish carpentry.

Description of Work
End tables,TV counsel, walk in closet, large wall book shelf which included room for TV, accessories and storage.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

09/20/2016

Nicole L.

Very well! They were friendly, efficient, and always on time!

Description of Work
They built me a 8'x10' walk in cooler in my studio space.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

08/24/2016

Teri M.

Custom closets were built and installed. Work was done professionally and we are very happy with the final result. Would definitely work with this company again!

Description of Work
New closets in all bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

07/25/2016

Terri L.

On July 11, I called and spoke with Albert. I told him the issue with the doors and where I was located. He said he was on his way to a job and would try to stop by after. Albert asked me to text him the address and gave me another cell number. Texted him the info. Did not hear from him. On July 13th, I texted him asking what happened. He texted back to call him. I told him I was couldn't at that time since I was on Jury Duty. He told me no problem, call me when I was able. On Monday, July 18, I called Albert, said I was done with Jury Duty. He said he would call me back. I have never heard from him. He could have had the courtesy to tell me upfront that this job was too small for him.

Description of Work
Front Entry Doors are made of carved wood. They need to be repaired and refinished,

Work Completed On 07/18/2016

05/27/2016

Daniel K.

Most of our old kitchen cabinets were sagging or hanging unevenly. After fruitlessly trying to adjust them myself, we turned to Albert, who had installed a cabinet in our kitchen a year ago. He came yesterday to see what kind of hinges we needed and identified one cabinet that needed some minor woodworking to make it fit better. This morning, Albert and two assistants arrived earlier than promised and about an hour-and-a-half later, he was done. To my eyes, everything looked perfect. But even more important, to my wife, who is far more critical than I about such things, it was perfect as well. And he charged a bit less than he previously quoted. Services like his are a treasure and we'd use him again in a heartbeat. We highly recommend General Custom Woodworking to anyone!

Description of Work
Installed new hinges on all our kitchen cabinets

Category custom cabinets, cabinet refacing