Bolt Down The Bay Area

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2009

Residential Seismic Retrofits anywhere in the Bay Area! Most homes built before 2005 have inadequate connections from the foundation to the wood framing to protect against the forces of a significant earthquake. We inspect your crawlspace and evaluate current foundation bolts and washers for size, spacing and placement. We look for un-braced cripple walls and evaluate how the bottom of the floor structure is connected. This inspection is FREE. We apply the principles of "Standard Plan Set A" to address any vulnerabilities found during the free inspection and provide you with a line item quote for doing so. It is the most cost effective way to mitigate against earthquake forces. Will your home be safe enough to stay after the next big quake?...

Jon R Crase Construction

Jon R Crase Construction

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own.

09/11/2018

I never heard back from them. Whey do they come and give me a quote and then never follow up? I an only guess they are too busy to even respond?

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had Josh come out to give me a bid for earthquake retrofitting my basement on 7/9. I received the proposal in an email on 8/3. In all fairness I was out of town 2 weeks and then, so was he. I was ready to go with his proposal but I never heard back from him after his return from vacation on 8/28, in spite of repeated emails. I finally left a message at the head office and sent it "urgent," stating i was ready to go with the proposal yesterday, but had a few questions. I never heard back. In spite of all the good reviews this firm has, my own experience has been less than stellar. They don't return emails or calls. If they are too busy (or my $5900 job is too small for them), I would at least appreciate a call back. I'm beginning to wonder if all these great reviews are just plants!

CATEGORY earthquake retrofitting

03/12/2018

Jason Replied promptly to my inquiry, manage my expectations greatly, visited and provided a quote in a timely manner. Crew arrive on time and was professional, finished job on time to my satisfaction.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Earthquake Retrofiting

CATEGORY home builders,earthquake retrofitting

10/29/2017

Great! Excellent work, very professional. Reassuring to have the house reinforced for whenever the next earthquake happens in this active region.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
upgrade of existing house for seismic stability

CATEGORY home builders,earthquake retrofitting

10/21/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had this company come out to evaluate my home for seismic retrofits. Their representative (Jason, I think) was prompt, clean, polite, and just generally awesome in every way. He did a thorough free inspection, sent me a very reasonable estimate and piles of information about exactly what they were proposing and why. He even followed up with additional information about how to enter a lottery for a government grant to defer the costs. |I will definitely be calling this company back to do the work once finances are in place.

CATEGORY home builders,foundation repair,earthquake retrofitting

06/15/2015

Jason & his crew were able to complete the job in a single day with some extra crew and a bunch of extra effort.   They did a great job, were right on time, cleaned up nicely.   All interactions and communication was professional and right on.  I'd certainly recommend them for this type of work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Seismic Retrofit for a 1970's split level home, following standard Plan Set A - Bolting to the foundation and shearing the cripple wall.

CATEGORY home builders,foundation repair,earthquake retrofitting

kitchen & bath design & remodeling,granite counter tops, cabinets,seismic upgrade, retrofit

Check, Visa