Bolt Down The Bay Area

Founded 1990 • With Angi since February 2009

Residential Seismic Retrofits anywhere in the Bay Area! Most homes built before 2005 have inadequate connections from the foundation to the wood framing to protect against the forces of a significant earthquake. We inspect your crawlspace and evaluate current foundation bolts and washers for size, spacing and placement. We look for un-braced cripple walls and evaluate how the bottom of the floor structure is connected. This inspection is FREE. We apply the principles of "Standard Plan Set A" to address any vulnerabilities found during the free inspection and provide you with a line item quote for doing so. It is the most cost effective way to mitigate against earthquake forces. Will your home be safe enough to stay after the next big quake?...

Jon R Crase Construction

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own.

Jacob's Complete Home Improvement

I was born in Santa Cruz CA and move to San Jose CA in 1976. I started professionally working construction in 1990. I grew up having my dad as a union plumber with is one of my strong points. Now I do full remodels and handyman work. I love meeting new customers and building a good relationship. I take pride in my work and strive for quality.

Vaca Construction

I am a licensed general contractor specialized in new home construction, remodels, cabinet install, door window install and finish carpentry. Highest quality and customer satisfaction is our main goal, very inovated in making clients visions come to life. I have over 12 years experience in the trades 5 of them in project management.

05/24/2021

Exceptionally well. The Bolt Down the Bay Area team is very professional, knowledgeable, responsive and the project went very smoothly. The did everything correctly so I got my EBB (earthquakebracebolt.com) check from the state of California for $3000 which covered over half the cost. They have done over 1000 of these have the process down to a science. If you have an older house a seismic upgrade...

Description of Work
Bring earthquake bolting up to code

Category custom cabinets,earthquake retrofitting

09/11/2018

I never heard back from them. Whey do they come and give me a quote and then never follow up? I an only guess they are too busy to even respond?

Description of Work
I had Josh come out to give me a bid for earthquake retrofitting my basement on 7/9. I received the proposal in an email on 8/3. In all fairness I was out of town 2 weeks and then, so was he. I was ready to go with his proposal but I never heard back from him after his return from vacation on 8/28, in spite of repeated emails. I finally left a message at the head office and sent it "urgent," stating i was ready to go with the proposal yesterday, but had a few questions. I never heard back. In spite of all the good reviews this firm has, my own experience has been less than stellar. They don't return emails or calls. If they are too busy (or my $5900 job is too small for them), I would at least appreciate a call back. I'm beginning to wonder if all these great reviews are just plants!

Category earthquake retrofitting

03/12/2018

Jason Replied promptly to my inquiry, manage my expectations greatly, visited and provided a quote in a timely manner. Crew arrive on time and was professional, finished job on time to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Earthquake Retrofiting

Category home builders,earthquake retrofitting

10/29/2017

Great! Excellent work, very professional. Reassuring to have the house reinforced for whenever the next earthquake happens in this active region.

Description of Work
upgrade of existing house for seismic stability

Category home builders,earthquake retrofitting

06/15/2015

Jason & his crew were able to complete the job in a single day with some extra crew and a bunch of extra effort. They did a great job, were right on time, cleaned up nicely. All interactions and communication was professional and right on. I'd certainly recommend them for this type of work.

Description of Work
Seismic Retrofit for a 1970's split level home, following standard Plan Set A - Bolting to the foundation and shearing the cripple wall.

Category home builders,foundation repair,earthquake retrofitting

06/28/2013

Bolt Down the Bay Area gave us a bid for the work that was supposed to be approximate, but it ended up being exactly what he said. When they said they were going to be here at 8:00 in the morning, they were here at 8:00 in the morning. They kept it very neat. Inside the house, they had to use an inside crawl space to get the work done and it was messy work. But you sure couldn't tell. After they left, everything was clean and great.

Description of Work
They did some foundation work. We had some piers that needed to be replaced.

Category room remodeling","home builder","foundation repair contractor

02/12/2012

They were very professional and always kept the owner well informed. They were on time and worked with the owners schedule. Great job!!!!

Description of Work
Work performed was to bolt the foundation to the supports on a 1930's home. The work done was in the crawl space under the foundation. It was a tight fit for the workers. They wore masks because of the dust of crawling around. The work took two days. They informed the owner where they were in the work. They provided pictures of before and after. They also noticed that some of the cross beams had dry rot so bad that if they beam weren't replaced that in near future the floor might fall in. The workers where given the ok to replace the beam and supports that needed replacement.

Category earthquake retrofitting service

07/11/2011

When I purchased my house, I read in my home inspection report that my foundation was not bolted to the house. This has always bothered me living in Marin County in the SF Bay Area where a big earthquake is predicted. I finally saved enough money and researched a couple of companies but was impressed with Bolt Down The Bay Area's knowledge and price. They came and did the job last week. They were professional, polite and finished the job in the time they stated. They answered all my questions promptly and they worked hard. I would recommend them to anyone who worries about their home slipping off its foundation during an earthquake (which happens often in an earthquake according to my geologist friend and my friends in the contracting business).

Description of Work
Retrofitted my house by bolting down to the foundation.

Category home builder","earthquake retrofitting service

09/17/2010

Their rates are very reasonable. I used several contractors and they are by far the best I've ever used. They were very willing to work with me. Instead of doing custom cabinets I bought some from a big box store and they actually interfaced with the store when the cabinets were not right. They were very clear on their rates. They were lower than what I got from other contractors. He actually paid his employees’ insurance. They all enjoy working for him and they were all very cordial and friendly. He is local.

Description of Work
I used Warner Custom Homes for a kitchen and bathroom remodel.

Category home remodeling contractor

02/07/2009

Fabulous. Words can not describe the quality service that Warner Custom Homes provides. They approach everything with the same level of detail and concern as if they were the homeowner. They find ways to improve upon the design and/or save money.

Description of Work
Warner Custom Homes remodeled my condominum, top to bottom.

Category home builder

kitchen & bath design & remodeling,granite counter tops, cabinets,seismic upgrade, retrofit

Check, Visa