Alexander F Marshall General Contractor

Founded 1990 • With Angi since November 2009

I do as much of the work myself. I am better at doing than telling someone else to do it. Carpentry is my speciality. I enjoy the design process and working with the customer to achieve the best outcome. The drawings don't have the last word, the customer does....

Jon R Crase Construction

Company has been in business since 1978 when Jon Crase started remodeling after stepping away from college. Jon Initially worked in the feild by himself until he felt the need to hire help, now some those same people have been with Jon for over 26 years. The company still does a lot of remodeling and also added restoration work back in 1980 where he is able to take a burned down home and turn it into something new and exciting for such a tragedy. Many restorations turn into a time to make changes and turn families back around to look forward to returning to their new home. It has certainly been a great business over the past 32 years now and what really is exciting these days is that we are now making new homes for our customer's children that are now old enough to own their own.

Javier Flores

We describe ourselves as a hard-working company with the aim of offering the best work service to each of our clients. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Fencing Services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Perretti Builders

We are a General building contractor, specialized in Decks, multi level decks, hill side decks, arbors,, We are Gold Contractor for Timbertech decking Materials, and TREX , member of BBBureau, Building Trading Association, With our innovative design, high quality materials and unsurpassed attention to details, we can make your dream deck a reality. Our company builds above and beyond industry standards and manufacture's specifications

01/13/2014

Alex was HIGH, HIGH quality. He built a beautiful outdoor stairway attached to the house. Dismantled and hauled the rotten structure away, built a solid foundation, and designed a well crafted / solid replacement. I would highly recommend Alex for any jobs.

Description of Work
Built an outdoor platform / stairway

01/12/2014

We were very happy with Alex's work. He remove a section of dry wall on one side of our dining room and ceiling to locate the source of of water damage. He quickly identified that the leak was not coming from the roof. He repaired the damage and patched the dry wall and ceiling so well that we could not tell that it was ever cut open. Alex also did an excellent job of saving and reinstalling the F...

Description of Work
Repair dry rot around French doors

Category woodworking,basement remodeling

01/05/2014

Alex came over to look at our property and discuss the plan for the work shed. We did not start the actual construction because of our project priorities and something else had a higher priority. But I was really impressed and pleased to meet and discuss the project with Alex. I am an hobbyist woodworker myself. So we really had a great exchange of ideas and options. He is a craftsman and it shows...

08/08/2013

Alex did a good job. He likes to wear a headset radio which probably wasn't a good idea during the workweek when sound was an issue. He was flexible so as to minimize the construction noise with the tenants' schedule. He was diligent and pretty tireless. The job was done quite well though painting is not his forte. The job was completed on time and with no added costs. I definitely would use Alex ...

Description of Work
Alex came out within a day or two of my call to give me an estimate on removing a wall between two offices in my small office building. His quote was detailed as to what it included. He started as scheduled and worked well despite some challenging circumstances. (The building has psychotherapists so sound was an issue.) He removed the wall, 2 doors, and painted the interior.

Category contractors,remodeling,woodworking,doors

05/31/2013

Description of Work
I hired Alex for a kitchen, dining room, living room remodel, involving rebuilding interior and exterior walls, and installing cabinets. I am a hands-on owner/builder and have done a number of remodeling projects over the years; although Alex is a licensed contractor, he said he is flexible and agreed to work with me as a builder/consultant, allowing me to be the project manager. His rates were quite reasonable. Carpentry and design input on kitchen/dining/living room remodel. Reported cost does not include materials or permit, which I provided.

05/10/2013

Provided important ideas as to appearance, and cost control.

Description of Work
Removed old balcony and replaced with a larger more spacious balcony. Provided design skills and ideas which helped to improve the overall design

Category deck company","room remodeling

01/26/2013

He was fast and responded to our needs very well with a simple design. He was very upfront on what he will and will not do. He had great ideas on which solution would work best. Job was completed on time, very quickly and at a good price. He will certainly be hired by me for a number of other jobs I am planning.

Description of Work
Alex did a small "stroller garage" in our yard. This was a small job which focused on function and cost rather than aesthetics.

Category woodworker

10/05/2012

Alex provided new ideas to most effectively create a design that was esthetically attractive. His craftsmanship was professional and paid great attention to the details. How to proceed was not clear at the beginning. As the work progressed with collaborative input from us and from Alex the project took shape in good time and within our budget. We are pleased with the result and our working relationship with Alex.

Description of Work
Alex removed a decayed structure and built a new balcony and stairway to replace the old structure.

Category room remodeling","basement contractor

01/03/2012

Alex is great! He is responsive, prompt, knowledgeable, skilled, professional, and very straightforward - he came, he saw, he made some suggestions, he emailed me a written estimate and when he could start, we made an agreement, he did the work and it looks great! He is a craftsman and pays attention to detail. This was money very well spent, and I will absolutely contact Alex when I am ready for my next project.

Description of Work
Alex framed 3 windows on the front of my house. This job was a little more complicated than it sounds as I wanted window sills with a more colonial or cottage look, and the front of my house has raised wood "ribbing", and a lot of lines to consider to make things look right.

Category room remodeling","window installer","woodworker

09/30/2011

As an owner builder, I have enough experience to know right from not quite. I also have dealt with enough contractors to know how many ways things can go a little wrong or completely off the rails. With Alex, everything went very well. He more than met all expectations; quality, schedule and budget. His initial bid was very fair based on my own experience both estimating and hiring. He started on schedule and there were never surprises about when he was going to be at the jobsite. Along the way Alex always made sure to discuss questions and decisions. If something needed to be discussed he brought it up early so there was time to get to the right decision. Alex never wasted my time or caused extra costs with delays or mis-communication. The same as for professionalism and client skills, Alex has excellent expertise as a builder with ability in multiple trades. While he did most of the work himself, when we needed to sub a specialty trade, Alex provided helpful input on things to consider. And in the end, Alex building skills are obvious by looking at the final product and hearing the neighbor?s compliments.

Description of Work
Alex just completed a detached “carriage house” re-build designed as a one-and-one half story main building with a shed roof extension. The project was not easy, as the architect included quite bit of complexity to meet design and code requirements. The job was to start from the footing and take through siding and trim. Along the way there were challenges to fix-up some issues with the foundation. There were also lots of details that needed time and in some cases changes to get the final result the best possible; better then what the architect provided.

Category contractor","room remodeling","window installer","woodworker

Carpentry - framing & finish trim. Garages. Additions. Remodeling. Doors. Windows. Decks, arbors & trellises. Termite work

Check, PayPal