Hot Purple Energy

California: Contractors
12/31/2023

810 N. Farrell Drive

Palm Springs, CA 92262

Dedicated to our community first, how we do business is more important than how much business we do. Through innovative and educational outreach, Hot Purple Energy aims to inspire our friends and neighbors to make smarter choices in energy consumption, production, and storage, as well as live more sustainable and healthy lives. We specialize in Solar Panel Installation, Residential Solar, Commercial Solar, Battery Storage, Solar Panel Maintenance, Solar Panel Cleaning, Energy Efficiency Auditing, Energy Efficiency Consulting,...

solar companies (30)home energy audit (8)

08/10/2021

Margaret B.

They come out with an estimate and they were honest.

Description of Work
They put on our solar energy panels.

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

04/10/2017

Mark J.

Great company to work with. I would use them again if I ever move.

Description of Work
HPE installed a Sunpower Solar system on my house rated at 10KW. Their installation was extremely neat. No exposed conduits. Conduits were run in the walls and they repaired the drywall where access was needed.

Work Completed On 07/14/2014

02/14/2017

Kent P.

Hot Purple Energy was our choice to install a solar system for our new home. In short, we are very happy with the sales process, installation and follow through in this decision. Our permission to operate was received this past week and we are now generating electricity. A quick recap of the experience – We purchased a new home and were looking to use solar to help out on our electrical usage / bills. We spoke with a number of different vendors offering solar and narrowed it down to 2 vendors. Both companies had good reputations and were locally owned and operated. Both asked for an estimated sizing of the system based on my energy bills. Since this was a new home for us we did not have data to help determine past usage. Mark from HPE invited me to the office and showed me what HPE was about as a company. We also were joined by Nate who took great pride in his company and helped explain the process of the installation and how they as a company had a focus on doing the job in an excellent manner to ensure the system is not just installed but rather installed and configured and set up so that it will be optimal for the long run. After learning more about HPE, Nate, Mark and I sat down and chatted about my home’s electrical usage. Mark had been out to our home previous to this meeting to inventory my AC units, the pool equipment, and other major appliances in the house. Mark and Nate developed an educated estimate on the power requirements for my home and configured a system for my home. Expectations were set pretty high during the sales process and these expectations were met or exceeded along every step of the process. Communication was excellent and consistent. The installers showed up on time and ready to work. To a man, the installers were all polite and respectful. Absolutely no drama on the site. Everything was done and completed with no little items outstanding. I expect that all promises made regarding service and performance will continue to be achieved.

Description of Work
Installed residential rooftop solar system

Work Completed On 02/10/2017

01/30/2017

Matthew L.

They did excellent work, answered questions promptly, and were fair about an issues that came up. We would highly recommend them if you're looking to purchase a solar system.

Description of Work
We purchased a solar system from them; a total of 18 panels.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

10/23/2015

W. Beth S.

They were on time, professional and fast. They kept me informed along the way about the process of hooking up to the SoCal energy grid and installed what is still ranking as one of their top 10 highest-producing systems. They have grown about 10-fold since that time and continue to support community activities in Palm Springs on a very frequent basis. They employ people who give you the straight answers and work with you to find the best possible installation for your needs. They have found ways to make it affordable for people to install and reduce their bills and they make it a win-win... you never feel like they are just trying to get more of your money and their installation designs are incredibly invisible instead of the eye-sores installed by some solar companies. I am proud to be a part of the HPE community and i couldn't be happier with my solar system. I have had refunds almost every year and when I didn't it was caused by problems with my air-conditioner which created more demand than it should have. Hot Purple Energy rocks!!

Description of Work
Hot Purple Energy installed solar panels on my home in 2011. Recently I attended the event they sponsored in Palm Springs for a Modernism Week Bike Ride.

Work Completed On 10/18/2014

10/01/2015

Vincent C.

They were amazing. They're A in everything. They were personal. They had attention to details. They were timely. They had great pricing. They had great warranties and guarantees. They had great expertise.

Description of Work
We met with them in January. They got the initial framing out in February and it was set up in March. They installed solar panels on the roof of the house.

Work Completed On 03/18/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! Hope to see you at one of our events and that you are enjoying your HPE solar!

07/10/2015

Gwen J.

From start to finish this was the easiest work we have ever had done on a home. They were on-time, we had daily updates, everyone was friendly and accommodating and always left the area clean. I cannot say one negative thing about the experience.

Description of Work
They installed a solar system at our home

Work Completed On 07/10/2015

Thank you for your amazing review! We are happy to hear this and will share with the team, Enjoy! Your friends at HPE

04/21/2015

James V.

Nate and his team at HPE visited our home, performed an overall energy assessment (before any contract was signed to see where we could save energy) and worked with us on pricing and location of the panels. HPE hired a roofing subcontractor to install new roofing under our tile roof into which the supports for the panels would be attached, then blended the roof tiles around the panels so they are virtually flush with the roof. (The supports cannot be seen.) This is much more attractive than many installations I have seen in which the panels sit up above the roof line. The HPE crews are courteous and professional and were always willing to answer my questions. They cleaned up thoroughly after each day's work. HPE guaranteed the amount of production the panels will produce and agreed to pay money back if they do not live up to that estimate. So far there doesn't appear to be any problem. I would recommend that anyone interested in solar panels talk to HPE. They are not the least expensive solar company in the valley, but they can explain to you why, the difference between the quality and warranties of various panels as well as the reasons that they, and not other companies, use a roofing subcontractor. Ultimately, the adage that "you get what you pay for" applies here and is something to consider when making a long term investment in solar.

Description of Work
Installed 20 solar panels.

Category solar panels,energy audit

Work Completed On 09/17/2014

03/15/2015

jeffrey J.

It was all easy, the workman were clean and courteous, the system design was flawless. They took into account not only the production but the aesthetics

Description of Work
Installed a solar power system on my home in Palm Springs

Work Completed On 01/01/2015

02/14/2015

curtis K.

Excellent company. Friendly, knowledgeable and neat. Use this company.

Description of Work
Install solar

Work Completed On 01/30/2015