Cal-Spec Inc.

Palm Desert, CA 92211

Builder, General Contractor Home Inspector

08/12/2015

John B.

Description of Work
Collected information to do a proposal,but claim he was going to have a back operation. Therefore informed he could not do my proposal

Category home builders

11/26/2014

Jacki M.

Who's to say really if Cal-Spec is good or bad. Indifferent is the word I'm looking for. By my count we have contacted this provider 4 times, once thru Angie's list, once via email, once via their online form, and once by phone. I did get a hold of Jerry, who said he was with a client and would call back. Tumbleweeds. I understand people are busy, but to not bother to respond after multiple attempts is unprofessional to say the least.

Description of Work
Nothing. Nothing at all.

Category home builders

We have never received an e-mail or a voice mail message from the person listed above. If we spoke I truly do not remember any conversation with a [Member Name Removed]. My only explanation for her is that perhaps she called the wrong Cal-Spec as there are several listed on the internet! The Client is trying to give a bad review, when an introduction was not even made, and verification of which company she was contacting was not verified. Shame on you for trying to ruin the reputation of our company with out even actually speaking to us! It is obvious that you are upset, but this is obviously spiteful CONDUCT!

12/05/2013

Arun T.

All the work was done by Jerry and his subcontractors without us being present even for a single day at the house. We were discussing things almost daily by phone and email, as we were 2500 miles away. Jerry communicated regularly with pictures of the progress, discussed issues that came up and provided a suggested solution. Many of the materials were ordered by us directly from Amazon and other retailers and shipped directly to the house where Jerry took charge and stored them. He coordinated all the comings and goings of subcontractors, without incident. We just saw the full results of the remodeling job two weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the outcome. We discussed a few punch list items with him the day before and he was 100% forthcoming in resolving them, without reservations. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
He took out all the old tile and carpet and installed new tile and new carpet throughout most of the house. He also painted the whole house on the inside and remodeled the powder room (new toilet, sink, accessories, lighting, painting). In addition he painted all the doors and installed new baseboard. A small % of the house remains to be remodeled.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home builders, interior painters

These clients were a real joy to work with. They always were very nice, and paid on time whenever a bill was due.We hope that will be customers for years to come!

08/12/2013

Mila N.

We are very happy with the way our condo turned out. I love the tile. I don't know if this is incidental, but the tile were made to match the direction of the patio tile so it looks like a continuous flow through our 12 ft patio doors. The baseboard is impeccable, the paint job beautiful. The baseboard was picked by the contractor himself, I think it's about 5 inches high and complements the place nicely. My husband and I have bought multiple homes in the desert over the past several years. Each time we did, we used Jerry Campbell of Cal Spec's General Contractor services, and, are happy to share that not only it is a pleasure to deal with him, but he has done everything we asked him to our satisfaction. That includes various remodeling, redoing the floors, walls, taking out popcorn off the ceilings, plumbing, electrical, painting inside/outside and quality finishing work. We are planning on having him install new patio doors in our new place both in living room and bedroom in the near future Even when we were out of state it was nice that we could entrust him with ou newly acquired property in 2011 to remodel without being there to supervise and we were very happy with the results. We will continue to use him in the future because he is conscientious about his work, does a great job and most of all he is trustworthy.

Description of Work
First of all he inspected the condo we bought. Then as soon as the escrow closed he painted all of the inside, old tile was scraped out and new one placed in all living area and baseboard all around, some electrical and plumbing, old toilets removed and new ones placed in.

Category contractors

These folks are the best. They have always made it a joy to work for them. Seldom have we ever had a bad experience with our clients, but the [member name removed]have always made it a great experience!!!

06/06/2012

C. F.

He had to remove wood trim around the windows to put in the new ones. He said it would be included if he had to replace it. He replaced it with cracked wood, with knots in it that does not match anything else. He also replaced three patio posts and those do not match the other one. He never did give me an inspector report on the windows after he had them come out and inspect them. He screamed at me and called me a name. He broke some vertical blinds and said he didnt. He was screaming at me, and said he was going to put a lein on my house if I did not pay him. When he started yelling at me I left my home and I called the police. He also broke the sprinkler timer and did get a new one but did not know how to put it on so I had to. He did a good paint job, and the price was good on that. I will not use him again in the future.

Description of Work
He put in new windows and did some trim work for me.

Category contractors, replacement windows, interior painters

Unfortunately this client has absolutely fabricated everything that she stated. She was very unreasonable. We did not charge her until she said she was happy. It's unfortunate, but perhaps it's true that you can't make everyone happy all the time. We have over 70 other clients in the same community that are very happy, and have used us multiple times. She said she was happy when we left, and we did buy new vertical blinds that were over 20 years old and we didn't break! I have yet to ever yell at any client---

McCabe Property Management

McCabe Property Management offers full service SM/MD/LG HOA management specializing in repairing "broken/troubled" HOA's. Our dedicated team is here 24/7 to enhance our clients quality of life! No jobs too BIG no jobs too SMALL-We do it all! Some of the detailed services we provide are: *Full financial management *Asset management/protection *Full maintenance service *Compliance/regulatory management *24/7 emergency response services *HOA health & stability assessment *Owner/Board of Director Risk Assessment *Tailored online & app based homeowner/tenant portal *100% competitive pricing meet & beat all others Call us today!! Our dedicated team is here 24/7 to provide you with a 100% RISK FREE consultation at no obligation to you!! No job is too BIG no job is too SMALL-We do it all!

Team Forss Realty Group

There are a ton of real estate agents out there, so what makes Team Forss so different? The answer is simple. Real Estate with a passion and guaranteed results! Our tested and proven marketing strategy reaches more buyers than anyone – which means more money in YOUR pocket. What is the best way to determine the most impactful marketing strategy? Easy! Measurable results. Ranked in the Wall Street Journal by REAL TRENDS as the #1 in Team in California based on SOLD homes, Team Forss sells a home every 17 hours on average! We also list homes and sell them for up to 21% more than the board average. How do we do it? We utilize every available marketing outlet, including Radio, TV, Internet to create more demand for your home. We’re also on Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Realtor.com and Yelp. So it’s no wonder why we are recommended by Barbara Corcoran – best known as the real estate icon from Shark Tank TV show. Compare us with any other Realtor! We offer performance guarantees – in writing.

J W Tile and Stone

J.W. Tile & Stone is a full service tile company with top notch installers that have been screened and approved with many years of experience. I will help you select your tile, get the best prices on that tile and provide you with a custom installation. I install all brands of Ceramic, Porcelain, Marble, Travertine, Granite, Glass, Glass Block, Slate, Pavers, Mexican Pavers and Natural Stones.All installation on Floors, Showers, Counter-Tops, Back Splashes, Walls,Fireplaces, BB-Q Pits, Pools etc. are always customized to customer satisfaction. on time, on budget, done right.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Cal-Spec Inc.

How is Cal-Spec Inc. overall rated?

Cal-Spec Inc. is currently rated 3.4 overall out of 5.

What days are Cal-Spec Inc. open?

Cal-Spec Inc. is open:

What payment options does Cal-Spec Inc. provide

Cal-Spec Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Does Cal-Spec Inc. offer free estimates?

No, Cal-Spec Inc. does not offer free project estimates.

Does Cal-Spec Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Cal-Spec Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Cal-Spec Inc.?

No, Cal-Spec Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Cal-Spec Inc. offer?

Cal-Spec Inc. offers the following services: Home remodel, Kitchens, Baths, Granite Tile and whatever can be done to a home. Home inspection.