The Home Doctor

Founded 1980 • With Angi since April 2012

15332 Antioch St

Pacific Palisades, CA 90272

Established in 1980, THE HOME DOCTOR is a home improvement and property inspection company specializing in repairs, remodeling, maintenance, and seismic and other safety measures. We serve the Los Angeles and Ventura County areas offering "one call" service for most anything a home can need seven days a week. We have built our long standing reputation by providing service that is second to none. Our objective: To treat every client like he or she is our only client and to treat every home as we would treat our own. ALL calls are personally answered by Gary and emergencies are a specialty....

02/21/2020

dinah G.

Everything was good.

Description of Work
Gutter Cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning

12/21/2017

Romie C.

I spoke with Gary. Unfortunately, due to the holidays, they were booked solid for the next couple of weeks. He took extra time to talk me through mitigating the leak and recommending which problem to tackle first. Will definitely contact these guys again for future jobs.

Description of Work
my fridge is leaking and water filter not working.

Category appliance repair

01/12/2016

Nancy K.

My washing machine seemingly died on me. It wasn't very old. Maybe 10 years. It was an LG with all the fancy bells and whistles. I went online and called The Home Doctor because it was local. The owner seemed to live in Pacific Palisades and so do I. He was incredibly responsive! Called back immediately and I was out of town but we connected. I don't know that i realized he is more of a contractor that dispenses sub contractors. He sent a repairman very quickly. He did not speak good English and was not terribly communicative. Basically wanted me out of his way. So be it. I had to trust to let him do his job. The owner of Home Doctor got back to me quickly and told me his suggestion was that I buy a new washing machine. It would have cost too much to repair it that it made no sense. What happened was a housekeeper put a small rug in the machine that caused it to become unbalanced, and it went kaput. It surprised me that one bad move would be the death of a fancy washing machine. Home doctor suggested I get a non fancy one which is exactly what I did. No bells, no whistles. Just an old fashioned inexpensive washing machine. So would I call him again? I think I would. He was lovely and sympathetic. I would probably use him if i needed to have multiple things done simultaneously. Yes, I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Inspected my LG Washing Machine

Category appliance repair, gutter cleaning

02/08/2015

Anthony L.

Gary was super responsive even though it was the holidays. He arranged for an excellent tech to come see the oven and had the same tech repair the oven once the parts arrived. A very straightforward yet well-handled transaction especially when you factor in the time of year. Was it expensive to fix this oven? Yes, but I'm very pleased with the work and don't believe I could have done the work for much less had I sought multiple bids.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and repaired our Thermador oven. The fan was broken and the door hinges we're not working properly.

Category appliance repair, gutter cleaning, handyman service, doors

12/16/2014

REBECCA H.

Gary Abrams is excellent. I would call him for almost anything. He has excellent crews. His crews are always on-time. They did everything just as I asked them to do it. They could not have done anything differently.

Description of Work
They cleaned the gutters, repaired an outdoor gate, repaired the latch on the front screen door, and adjusted the burners on an antique wedgewood stove.

Category appliance repair, fencing, gutter cleaning, handyman service, doors

07/01/2014

Mara R.

Gary has been our "on call" handyman/contractor for pretty much everything that can go wrong with our home for the past 15 years. He is the "Gold Standard" of contractors. Always responsive quickly by email, text or phone, always happy to answer any and all questions, always personable, always works hard to keep the cost as low as possible and very experienced with over 35 years as The Home Doctor. This past visit involved replacing our sprinkler timer, replacing a water filter, hooking up our new fax machine and repairing our leaking Maytag washer. Prices are always fair - we cannot recommend him enough.

Category gutter cleaning

10/29/2013

REBECCA H.

They've been really helpful. Gary can do all kinds of things from electrical to carpentry. He fixed my gate lock so that my dog won't run away. The time windows have been shorter. It hasn't been from 12-4, it's been 12-1 and everyone has been on time. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Gary's done work on my gutters, my roof, and fixed my doorbell. He even changed my smoke detectors that were around 15 years old. He had a team on my roof cleaning my gutters. They came when I wasn't home, and they most of their work. They hosed off the walks of all the debris from the roof. When I got home, they were almost finished.

Category electrician, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing

04/25/2013

LYMAN G.

The service turned out okay.

Description of Work
They repaired my TV set.

Category tv repair

04/17/2012

Mara R.

All work was done quickly and neatly.

Description of Work
We have been using The Home Doctor since 2002 and have always been very pleased with work Gary and his staff have done for us. Gary is extremely responsive to our needs and is always quick to follow through with either a personal visit or by sending another qualified tradesperson for the job. We recently has a list of work that included replacing two toilets, repairing damaged tile and grout in a shower, rain gutter cleaning, repairing a roof leak and installing garden lighting. Gary sent three of the nicest repairmen I have met and the work was done quickly and affordably. We have tried many other repair companies before meeting Gary. We highly recommend THE HOME DOCTOR to anyone looking for great service at a reasonable price.

Category ceramic tile, gutter cleaning, handyman service, locksmith

J.R.& Sons Rain Gutters

J. R. & Sons Rain Gutters is Los Angeles’ premier provider of top-quality rain gutters. Our Rain Gutters efficiently protect the building’s foundation as it channels the water far away from the base. J. R. & Sons Rain Gutters is located in Los Angeles, CA. We are your one-stop solution for high quality, custom built rain gutters. Our specialized and skilled professional staff will ensure a top-notch installation ensuring no damage to your property. Our clients’ trust and thousands of successful installations over the years have helped us perfect the process and make it as stress-free as possible for you, the home owner. If you have a rain gutter to install - think J. R. & Sons

Prime Tile Works LLC

All Over Locksmith

We are a fully Licensed, Police Permitted, Bonded, and Insured Locksmith Company With 24/7 Complete Mobile Service. Make sure ALL Your Locksmith needs are covered only by the Best of the Best. We at ALL OVER Locksmith will provide you the service you’re looking for when you want Top Notch, Expert Residential, Commercial, Safes or Automotive Locksmith jobs, We do it ALL. Call us Anytime with ALL Your Security Needs.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

We are the one company homeowners can turn to for virtually anything that can break down or needs to be enhanced in a home. Whether its a plumbing issue, electrical outage, AC/heat problem, major appliance failure, roof leak, lighting upgrade, termite or pest control issue, tile replacement or any of dozens of other household needs, THE HOME DOCTOR has been on call for over 32 years.

ask for details