Madson Construction & Plastering

Orangevale, CA 95662

10-20 Employees, General Contractor,Lath and Plastering Sub Contractor

01/29/2016

Joelle H.

Description of Work
Outstanding service. Responsive. Quality work and excellent crew. The go-to stucco contractor for Sacramento.

12/02/2014

Joy S.

1) Jerry's crew of 4-6 workers demolished 2 planter boxes which had dry rot under them. They removed 9,500 pounds of rock, concrete, and debris to the dump. 2) Jerry called in Clark's Pest Control for termites (Clark's had worked at my residence previously).(The cost for Clark"s is NOT included in the $11,300 dollars) 3) Jerry's crew removed dry rot in floor, and inside AND outside wall areas under and around windows and replaced much wood and the King Beam in the wall adjacent to the fireplace. Then, with my consent, the crew removed the fireplace facade (which matched the planter boxes.) 4) Jerry called in a window company he knew for 3 new windows which Jerry suggested I replace since the wall was opened.(The cost of the 3 windows is NOT included in the $11,300 dollars) 5) His crew did framing under and around 3 windows, repositioning 3 electrical outlets they'd removed, but didn't wire them! 6) His head honcho, Heron, moved 1 furnace floor register 1 foot (at my request to accommodate a bookcase on that spot). 7) Jerry said I needed flashing on the outside wall so water wouldn't get in where the new stucco would join the old stucco. This was, he indicated, for his protection in case a leak were to happen; the roof and overhang are new, so was it needed? I did not realize the crew would be removing stucco ALL the way to the roof in order to put the flashing underneath and stucco over it. When Jerry had said, "I'm going to put flashing next to the fireplace " he didn't say what that would entail in terms of time & expense. 8) Jerry's crew DID NOT do dry wall. (? ) So he engaged a Contractor to drywall and texture around the windows. He was only there 1hour with his son helping. He charged his "reduced" rate of $650! Jerry said it would be $875. then reduced it. (and I regret paying out $650. They did a rather poor job (the texturing doesn't match) and didn't complete the ceiling patch by the fireplace, acted carelessly about cleaning up and didn't do high quality work for the amount they charged...in retrospect I should have hired a drywall person from Angie's or Pennysaver.) (The $650. IS included in the $11,300) 9) The dirt from the planters needed to be dumped in the flower beds; the workers piled it too high and covered the drip lines, and the bed's brick edging. Crew #1 left a mess of nails and debris which crew #2 helped clean up as they did the work to re-stucco the outside walls which had been destroyed for the reframing. Crew #2 worked well, were very nice, and conscientious about cleaning up. 10) The vents to the 2 registers were not replaced properly, and needed to be nailed back securely to keep the heat from escaping.This was told to me and done by the floor installer, NOT by Jerry's crew. 11) The 3 electrical outlets they removed have NOT been wired/assembled back to their original state...and still need to be done! 12) Jerry relied on his crew and left them on their own, while he worked elsewhere. They enjoyed their loud music, and hearing and cheering the soccer tournament games, sometimes standing around /when they couldn't see what they could be doing (such as cleaning up). Having six workers there was not needed when the demolition was done. 13) There was much dust during the project - I couldn't breathe, and my throat closed up. The furniture in the adjacent enclosed patio didn't get covered and had thick dust on everything-(some of which is still there) Two HELPING HAND poles were brought to hold up a plastic barrier; Jerry said that one was broken, but didn't bring another one he said he'd bring. The pole also damage my ceiling with a large indentation. 14) Jerry charged me by the hour, whereas I'd wanted a quote for the job. The hourly rate was $55. per worker -even for Pico who said he's 18 year old and an apprentice.( I wonder how much of that hourly rate they get! ) I was told by some friends and neighbors that Jerry took advantage of dealing with me because i'm a woman and that he shouldn't treat women customers with the disrespect he imposed and I agree with them. 15) During the re-stucco work The DRAINPIPE from the roof was removed. It was not put back on correctly so water does not go into the drain. It is on backwards! I told Jerry about it. He said he'd take care of putting it back the way it was, but did not.

Description of Work
Jerry came at a moment's notice when I was having a hardwood floor installed and the installer found dry rot under the planter boxes adjacent to the fireplace. He said he could deal with the issues and that his guys could begin work in an hour or so. He would not, and DID not, give me an estimate, though I requested one every time he came by to see what progress was being made. He kept insisting that he was giving me a good price. He said more than once that he was losing money on this job!

Category picture framing, home builders, stucco

11/03/2014

Debra C.

I emailed this company three times a month ago and they never responded. Either so busy they don't need the business or someone is really dropping the ball.

Description of Work
Wanted a bid to have wood siding replaced with stucco.

Category siding, stucco

05/27/2014

Christine G.

My husband and I both emailed and called this company for a stucco repair quote and never received a call back. Unprofessional in my opinion.

Description of Work
Nothing - never got back to us. It has been weeks.

01/21/2014

Larry F.

They are outstanding.

Description of Work
I used Madison Construction & Plastering for building a patio, siding, electrical work and putting a roof on my house as well.

Category electrician, roofing, siding, patios

01/01/2014

GARY K.

This group was a pleasure to work with. They removed all exterior fixtures, applied 3 coats of stucco including scratch, brown, and acrylic final finish. They also applied new foam window trims and cleaned up after themselves. I plan on using them again later this year.

Description of Work
restuccoed entire home

12/28/2013

Melodie S.

Complete renovation of exterior including redesign, stucco, wood work, concrete shakes, roof line improvement, stonework, and plumbing issues. Jerry has an incredible sense of perfectionism that I have not experienced from any other contractor. I am picky but his great workers and his expectations of the job never made me feel like I needed to get him to do work better. I just knew (and saw) that things were done to my high expectations without my having to intervene.

Description of Work
I used MADSON CONSTRUCTION AND PLASTERING

Category masonry, remodeling, roofing, home builders, woodworking, architect, stucco, house painters

10/14/2013

Mary A.

After receiving estimates from many stucco companies, we felt Madson Construction was the most competent. Jerry and his crew were very professional, prompt and attentive to every detail. They ensured that the house was properly prepared before beginning the stucco process to avoid future problems. We have received many compliments on the beautiful finished product. We highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Stucco over wood siding - Entire house

09/15/2013

Michele M.

Jerry came to my house to do a walk through and give me an estimate on replacing a window, repairing and painting damaged stucco. I did not hear back from him and never received the estimate.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category replacement windows, stucco, house painters

07/01/2013

Sheree K.

The project was much more involved then I expected but the results were more then I expected too. This home was built in the early 50's and had its original siding with tons of coats of paint. The garage roof was saging so bad it made the entire home look run down. I previously had a covered porch added and although I thought the entire roof had been replaced, it had not. This company ended up having to fix and tie in to the previous contractors questionable roof work. They also identified and fixed some VERY dangerous electrical issues left by the previous contractor. The owner of this company was able to talk in a language I could understand and I never questioned that he had my best interest in mind. His crew was respectful of my personal items and at the end of each work day they left the job site clean, organized and accessible. I also have two dogs that are protective and as you can imagin upset about all these strange people in and around their home. The entire crew made sure their lives were not to disrupted and made friends with them so they didn't get too traumatized. I was majorly impressed with the owners attention to detail and they even did a number of cosmetic fixes (at no charge) leaving my home looking brand new. I should also mention they left (again at no charge) plenty of spare paint and stucco in the event I need it in the future. It was obvious the owners employees respected him because he respected them. He asked and listened to their advice and recommendations on how to fix some of the many challenges this job presented. The best part of this experience was the confidence I felt from the owner, down to all of his workers and sub contractors.

Description of Work
Removed redwood siding and replaced with stucco Roof replaced and garage roof rebuilt

02/26/2013

Larry F.

A friend referred me to Jerry Madson (Madson Construction), and although listed primarily as a stucco contractor, Jerry and his crew can do pretty much anything. I've never had any contractor that was as meticulous, responsive and paid the attention to detail that Jerry Madson does. Everything went better than planned, and I'm pretty sure my house will fall down before the patio cover will!!

Description of Work
Built large patio cover with lighting and fans; re-roofed house; installed stamped concrete in portion of driveway.

Category roofing, garage builders, stucco

12/31/2012

Heidi W.

I found Jerry Madson by accident via the yellow pages through another Plastering Contractor and I am so glad that I did. I was having a heck of a time finding someone dependable. All the contractors I bid with were either too high in price, disrespectful, or sadly didn't show up. I had searched here on Angies List under Stucco Contractors but the website is word sensitive so his company never came up because it's listed under construction not stucco. Jerry and his crew are proffesional, respectful, great attention to detail, and clean. Jerry is also a very kind person. I am a Christian and that is important to me. The job is almost done and I have no doubt I will be 100% plus satisfied. In addition, Jerry is also a General Contractor. In the future if I ever need any construction work done again I will not hesitate to call Jerry. Thanks Jerry!

Description of Work
I had the two sides and back of my one story home done in stucco over the wood siding.

11/19/2012

Diana R.

Overall this was a project that I had put off for years because I didn't want to have to deal with contractors. But Madson Construction is easy to deal with, keeps promises and gets the job done on time at reasonable cost.

Description of Work
These guys were great! Jerry was professional and so was his team. This was a complete stucco application. They came out and prepped my home for the stucco application. Then applied the stucco in three layers over the course of about three weeks, having to wait the appropriate amount of time between coats. After they completed the job they did an excellent job of cleaning the area around my house.The only surprise was that there were no surprises. They were on punctual, courteous. They are very communicative. Jerry makes himself available by cell phone, email and text. There was never any guessing as to where we were on the project. I'd recommend this company very highly.

Category plastering, stucco

07/25/2012

Matthew P.

Overall, I had a very good experience with Madson Construction and Plastering. From the initial bid through the completion of the project, the company proceeded diligently, kept me informed of the status of the work being performed, negotiated change orders, and ultimately provided me with a beautiful new exterior for my home.

Description of Work
Madson Construction and Plastering applied stucco to the exterior of my home and painted the trim. The company also installed the new exterior lighting that I had purchased as well as completing all of the other work necessary to finish the renovation of the exterior of my home. The work was performed promptly and professionally, but what most impressed me is the fact that the company took the time to make sure that the job was done right. The house looks great now. I also found the price to be extremely competitive and the company was very reasonable in charging for change orders.

Category plastering, home builders, stucco, house painters