THE COMPUTER GUYS

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2008

1818 W CHAPMAN AVE STE D

Orange, CA 92868

COMPUTER SERVICE & REPAIR...

10/04/2016

Jeff B.

The reload went Perfectly

Description of Work
reload the operating system

Category small appliance repair, computer repair

12/18/2014

Paula B.

Description of Work
erased a whole bunch of viruses, checked my wi fi router. Todd arrived right on time. He took 1 look at the laptop and knew what was wrong. He did a great job and I have called him a second time. Will definitely call him again. Good guy. Very happy

09/25/2013

Roger P.

They had the product and installed it free of charge. It was quick and painless

Description of Work
Added a portable hard drive to my lap top

11/20/2012

Ralph D.

Our computer crashed due to a power outage. We were leaving on vacation the next day and needed to have it fixed before we left. We took the hard drive in, they identified the problem, fixed it quickly and we were on out way. Very helpful and friendly service. We would go back in the future and recommend thier services the power supply yo our

Description of Work
.Replaced the power supply to our hard drive on our PC

11/08/2012

Mynde M.

The hard drive on my MacBook Pro was failing (or that was my best guess at what was wrong) and I called The Computer Guys. Based on my description, he agreed that the hard drive was probably failing but that I would have to bring it in to be checked out. The next morning we dropped the computer off and to my amazement, he said it would be ready the same afternoon! About 4 hours later, he called me and I picked up my now-working laptop. The cost was a total of $170--$99 for a 500gb hard drive and 1 hour of labor. I have had my computer back for about a week and have restored all my info and the computer has worked perfectly! I highly recommend The Computer Guys--go to them first!

Description of Work
Replaced the hard drive on my MacBook Pro.

10/09/2012

Ronald R.

I called The Computer Guys to come out and resolve my virus issue. They came out and picked up the PC, repaired it and returned it the same day. They also sold us a beautiful Dell all-in-one system to replace our older system. They came out and set up the printer, transferred the old data and gave us a nice overview of the new computer.

Description of Work
Virus removal and new system

Category computer repair, computer sales

04/12/2012

Robert B.

a couple of hours on it

Description of Work
I brought my computer to the Computer guys after 3 attempts to fix it with another company. They spent a couple of hours on it, got rid of a deeply imbedded virus and set me up with a back up system. They also tuned it up a bit. It's been about 2 months and I haven't had a single problem. They did a great job and I would no longer consider using anyone else.

06/05/2011

ALIDA A.

I am very pleased with the service. It was very fast and reasonably priced. They had the computer less than 24 hours. It runs like a champ. I could not recommend them more. I am very happy with the results.

Description of Work
I could not access all my programs. The compute was very slow and would not access web pages. They cleaned up all the viruses , deleted programs I did not need or that did not work and added the ones that I did need or were lost. They also added more ram for me.

Category small appliance repair, computer repair

01/27/2011

PATRICK P.

I paid them to come out and pick up my computer, and they were able to fix it. They were nice and friendly. I don’t remember the price, but I wasn’t shocked by it. Their price was fair and the quality was good. I would use their services in the future too.

Description of Work
I used the services of The Computer Guys to fix my Dell computer within the last six months.

12/29/2009

Jeffrey J.

Every was done when they said it would be.

Description of Work
Have an HP slim computer that is eleven months old that kept on crashing. I called HP tech support for warranty service. They had me run some hardware test and they said their was no hardware problem. And since I went from vista to Windows 7 that part of the warranty was voided. So I took the HP to the computer guys with a picture of the screen when it crashed. The thought it might be the hard drive. I left it with them for the afternoon and came back the next day. They found that there was bad sectors on the hard drive. So I had them install a new drive for $129 plus $39 for labor to transfer as much data as possible. Pick it up the next day and haven't a problem since.

11/05/2009

RICHARD S.

Took PC in and they checked each component while I waited. Narrowed it down to the motherboard and found that replacement board was very expensive. Solved problem and saved all of my data by removing harddrive plus all other components and installing them in a new non-HP PC, deducting the cost of all my working parts. Two employees, esp. Todd, did the evaluation and reinstall. They were extremely professional and courteous, answering all of my questions and weighing the cost alternatives. They thoroughly tested all of the software and internet connections before I left the shop after 2 hours of work. I will definitely return to the Computer Guys if I every have any PC problems or when I need a new one. They also do on-site work.

Description of Work
Motherboard on 18 month old HP PC went bad.

Category computer repair, computer sales

03/22/2009

Jack S.

I had purchased a new Gateway computer, and I was unable to run many programs that had run on my previous computer, e.g. iTunes, GoToMyPC, etc. I had spent hours online with technicians at the software companies with no success. Telephoned The Compute Guys. Although they said they generally would not come to my home after business hours, they said they would see what might be done to accommodate my schedule. I received a return call within 5 minutes, and set a evening time for a technician to come to my home. Service man came on time on a Monday evening and ultimately determined that many programs would not run my 64 bit computer. He took the computer with him, where there the replaced the 64 bit with a 32 bit system. The job was finished on time two days later. Programs now all work. Price was less than expected. People were all very professional and courteous. Very good experience all around.

Description of Work
Fix problems with new computer. Certain computer software programs would not work on my new computer.

04/17/2008

JEFF M.

FAST, RELIABLE FRIENDLY SERVICE, IT COULD NOT HAVE GONE BETTER.

Description of Work
AFTER HOOKING UP MY NEW DELL DESKTOP PC, IT WAS DOA. I CALLED AND TODD SAID HE COULD SQUEEZE IN A HOUSE CALL THE SAME DAY. I DON'T MIND SAYING I WAS APPREHENSIVE ABOUT THE COST, THE CONDITION OF THE PC. I NEED NOT WORRY, TODD WAS AMIABLE, EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND IN AN HOUR AND A HALF HAD FIXED THE PROBLEM, CHARGED ME FOR ONLY ONE HOUR, AND HAULED AWAY THE OLD PC. THIS IS MY SECOND EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMPUTER GUYS. EDWARD HELPED ME OUT WITH MY OLD PC ABOUT A YEAR AGO.