Sol Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2010

1523 W Struck Ave Ste E

Orange, CA 92867

We are a full service general construction company, involved in both residential and commercial contracting. We offer design/build services on all of our projects. Typically we do not use subcontractors, unless the project involves trades that do not fall under our license. Such trades would

10/02/2020

Michael N.

Aaron was very helpful and informative in providing us with different options throughout our project. He personally visited the project several times to ensure everything was on track and verify the quality of work. He had some great recommendations and was always available to answer my questions. Will definitely hire Aaron and Sol Construction for our next project.

Description of Work
Opened a wall, redid a fireplace and some light electrical work

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, remodeling, fireplaces, garage builders

11/28/2018

Shelby F.

Amazing!! Aaron and everyone in his entire crew were awesome, friendly and professional. They were so easy to work with and he great design ideas! Absolutely will be a repeat customer!!

Description of Work
Bathroom/Bedroom Remodel

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

07/26/2018

Kat S.

Aaron is a great guy, very friendly and personable. The problem is that a contractor is only as good as his subs -- it was a huge tile job, and his guy was doing a fine job until he quit for apparently personal reasons. Like literally picked up his tile cutter and flounced midday. The plumber tried to up-sell us at every turn and their finish work was so bad they had to come back again. The plumber also had to replace a cartridge for the shower four times - after claiming it was our water pressure breaking the cartridge, though outside plumbers I consulted said that was impossible - keep in mind this house was built on 1936, and since I've owned it since 1994, have only replaced the shower fixture once... So the end result is that a four week estimate was doubled. This was our only bathroom, so that was awful. To cut corners the replacement tile guys laid tile and grouted on the SAME DAY. The tile guys had to spend a whole day sorting out the construction guy's horrible job of putting in a partial wall : it was leaning and shorter on top than the bottom....Aaron tried to claim it was a "old house" issue. Um, this was a wall YOUR GUY BUILT! By the end, we just cut our losses and corrected the things we knew we could to get them out. Like I said - Aaron is a good guy. He just needs to maybe take a hard look at his subs, and/or more closely examine their work before they move on.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

05/16/2017

Brhiannon M.

Josh is extremely good with communication and his subcontractors are great with punctuality. Josh showed up to the job multiple times to make sure everything was on track. If I had any questions he would answer them with no issues. Also, the work is fantastic! I can't even tell where the drywall was patched it looks amazing.

Description of Work
We had water damage in our walls and floor. They had to patch drywall, paint, and do flooring. They couldn't match the flooring so we decided to do all new hardwood flooring through the whole house not just the affected areas.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, water damage restoration

02/20/2017

Angelica J.

I met with Aaron for the initial estimate. He was incredibly professional and thorough. He was also very patient while we got quotes from several other contractors.

Description of Work
Quote for a remodel and 600 sq.ft. addition.

02/20/2017

Clay J.

The work was done well and in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Patio Coveres needed a new header beam and new footings to bring up to code and pass inspection.

Category picture framing, remodeling, sunrooms

09/11/2016

mark H.

We've been using Sol Construction for some time now. Josh is always good to work with. We've always gotten bids from them for work and this time was no exception. Their bid was fairly priced and Josh was available to answer any questions about the scope of work and costs. His crew installed new windows in three bedrooms, dry walled the rooms, and installed new doors in the bedrooms, they also added a new exterior door, new master bedroom door, and bathroom door. We have had Sol work at our home previously and they are always responsive and more importantly flexible. We are fixing the house up in sections and they are very willing to accommodate that. We have had some bad contractor experiences in the past and Josh is willing to work around my schedule to ensure I can be present if desired. The work itself was great. Our house is a raised foundation and defiantly not square or plumb. The crew worked very hard to get the doors, windows, and drywall looking good and working good. The only issue was some finish work on the windows including leaving some broken glass on the ground. Things happen and as usual Josh had it fixed in no time.

Description of Work
Installed new doors (5 wood and 1 fiberglass), windows (Milgard Fiberglass), and drywall (3 rooms 12x12).

Category drywall, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

08/11/2016

Darleen D.

To date I have not received a follow-up call from anyone from this company.

Description of Work
I spoke with Aaron on July 29, who told me he was off that day and would have his partner call me to do a bid on remodel work I need done to my residence.

08/10/2016

Vishal C.

No response after initial communication. Asked for plans but never presented a bid for work - no response at all.

Description of Work
1500sq ft addition including new bedroom, bathroom, family room, patio and kitchen remodel.

02/29/2016

mark H.

I like Josh. He's done work for us before and I like his crew too. He always gets a call when we're doing improvements to the house. He really worked with my schedule and offers to either provide all the materials a or use materials we provide. In this case we provided the door and flooring and he provided everything else. The doors look great and the floor looks great.

Description of Work
Installed an interior french door, laid wood flooring in the dining room, repaired facia board and removed decorative beams.

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, doors

05/12/2015

Ari M.

NIce enough guys, but I did not get what I was hoping to find. Too many questions left unanswered as to what materials they would provide and what I would provide. There were no terms mentioned on the estimate. The numbers did not add up. When I entered services requested into a spreadsheet, the actual total was $500.00 over what the estimate stated.

Description of Work
Estimate.

Category handyman service

02/21/2015

ELAINE G.

So far so good. Josh is very punctual professional and a perfectionist Almost done. Very pleased with him and his crew

Description of Work
kitchen and bath remodel

10/04/2014

Jeff S.

Josh and Mike were both very professional, timely, and got the job done quickly. The work was done very quickly and Mike arrived each day as planned and worked very hard each day (3 days). We are very pleased with Sol Construction. We plan to use them again in the future for small jobs similar to this one and for future, larger jobs (we are looking into bathroom models in the future). Their quote was higher thank some other quotes but lower than some as well. Contract terms were clearly stated and I felt very comfortable doing business with them. They were professional and they were able to come up with a solution that met our needs and require as little demo work as possible to replace the termite-eaten areas. Communication went well after we agreed to the best method.My preference is email and texts, but they preferred phone. This caused minor misunderstanding initially. So, it's good to establish the line of communication early on. Great job Sol Construction!

Description of Work
Replaced internal framing and a beam due to termite damage, hung drywall, rewired overhead light fixture, and textured walls. Job finished on time and on budget!

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

09/27/2014

ELIZABETH M.

Aaron arrived on time for our estimate. He was knowledgeable and presented himself well. He arrived to work on time and completed the job within the time frame he had given us.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom and create homework/study area

07/29/2014

Ben R.

Unreal work, tiling was better than my wife and I could have EVER imagined...Thanks Aaron

Description of Work
Retiled our master bathroom (including shower), kid's bathroom and kitchen

07/03/2014

Candice S.

We worked with Josh and all I can say is wow. He and his crew were professional, on time, and their work was absolute perfection. Josh was really easy to work with, patient, a great communicator, and always accessible. We started by reviewing our lists of must do's and maybes. Josh was honest and suggested where I should save money and cross something off our list. We remodeled virtually everything in our home - the master bath, guest bath, kitchen, flooring, base boards, door casings, etc. When it was time to select materials, he was available and offered suggestions and opinions. There is nothing I would do over - everything turned out better than I imagined. We are so happy with the results. Thank you Josh and Sol Construction for making our house a home.

Description of Work
Full house remodel

Category flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

05/28/2014

Steven C.

2 relatively large sections of drywall were replaced along with baseboards and insulation and then painted. the texture of the wall matches perfectly. you would never know there had been work done on the walls. cabinetry was all repaired without issue. flooring was installed but there were a couple of minor touch ups needed, which were resolved quickly. all people associated with the work showed up on time or early. the contractor himself showed up early every visit. all of my phone calls were answered by the contractor himself.

Description of Work
contractor repaired drywall and cabinetry from water damage. a living room with high ceilings was painted and a new kitchen floor was installed.

Category contractors, drywall, flooring contractor, insulation, remodeling, water damage restoration, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

04/19/2014

Dan B.

Sol was one of the top 2 bidders out of an initial group of 5. It went well, but it also went well with the other company we selected to do the work. No issues with considering them for future projects.

Description of Work
Quoted on house remodel and addition.

03/24/2014

Billie W.

Sol Construction knew exactly why my privacy fencing was coming apart. It had only been installed last year by a handyman and I was frustrated that it was falling apart. Sol Construction explained to me that the framing the handyman had used was too thin and was unable to hold the weight of the plastic privacy fencing sections. Sol Construction researched the manufacture of the material of my privacy fencing and found that the manufacturer was not too far away, so he went out there and got the stronger framing and supports and then had his guys reinstall the fence. They were able to reuse most of the fencing I already had and reinstall it with the stronger framing.

Description of Work
They removed the privacy fencing on my driveway and replaced the broken pieces and reinstalled the whole 50 feet of privacy fencing with stronger material than was originally used.

03/22/2014

Karen B.

Provided one of several bits I secured for a bathroom remodel. Owner came to the house and provided a bit. He was on time, courteous and professional. While I did not chose this company for this job, I would consider them for future jobs.

Description of Work
Provided one of several bits I secured for the remodeling of two baths

03/04/2014

Jeanne B.

My husband and I liked him. Aaron's ideas were good and he seemed to understand what we wanted. He spent a lot of time with us and seemed very thorough. Updating my other review: Apparently Aaron emailed us his bid on the jobs we discussed but for some reason I didn't get email and thought he had passed us over. Just received the bid he resent and looking it over. So far so good. I have a few questions, but his bid looks fair and he apparently took a lot of time researching and writing it up.

Description of Work
Aaron Mitchell came to our house in late Jan '14 to give estimates on several small jobs and a bathroom remodel.

02/21/2014

Daniel D.

I didn't use him. Everything was fine, no problem. I just chose someone else. They were cheaper, they were very close to someone else. Everything was fine. I asked for recommendations on what he thinks I should do on one of the projects and he would give us a quote on whatever we wanted but he didn't want to make recommendations. I understand, he's concerned about people getting designs and recommendations and then giving it to someone else. He just quoted what I wanted, he was fine.

Description of Work
Sol Construction came out and gave me a bid for interior remodeling.

02/21/2014

Larry H.

Aaron and his crew were very professional and responsive. The bathroom remodel was completed on time and within our budget. The tile workmanship was outstanding. The crew was considerate and careful, immediately correcting any issues that were brought to their attention. We would use Sol Construction again.

Description of Work

Category contractors, countertops, handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

01/08/2014

thomas S.

I requested several estimates and Sol Construction was one and Josh came to my house to provide an estimate. We discussed all that we wanted to do and he provided a detailed estimate for the complete project. Based on the estimate we did the painting to save money and in discussions decided to hire a cabinet person (from Angies List) to built the cabinets. Sol Contruction did all the core general contract work. (wall construction, electrical, dry wall, texture, plumbing, etc) He was on time, very responsive with the estimate and professional. He did the work quickly with a high degree of quality and made small adjustments based on our discussions. His pricing was in line with other estimates but his quality was higher, in addition he did not add any extra costs for the minor changes to the plans. I would use him again for home improvement projects. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
General construction and electrical work in a garage remodel.

12/08/2013

Britten K.

We really enjoyed working with Sol. Aaron is great. They were not the cheapest estimate we got but we chose them because Aaron is a great communicator and really gained our trust with the way he does business. Yes, there were some problems along the way but Sol did what they needed to do to correct any issue and we are very happy with the job they did and would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Sol construction did a complete gut and remodel of our kitchen and guest bathroom. For the kitchen, they did structural work to tear down the load bearing wall between the kitchen and dining room, did new floors, cabinets, appliances, lighting, reframed exterior wall to add larger kitchen window, new countertops, backsplash, basically everything. For the bathroom, they did new floors, tiles, medicine cabinet, shower/bath, fan, lighting, and paint.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, replacement windows, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Garage Floors 1 Day

*ASK ABOUT OUR NEW YEAR SPECIAL - $100 OFF WHEN INSTALLED BY 1/15/23!* The Garage Floors 1 Day system really is the best because it literally is a one-day installation. That means your cars, bikes, kid's toys, tools ... only need to be out of your garage for ONE DAY! The Garage Floors 1 Day system really is the best because it literally is a one-day installation. We specialize in epoxy flooring for all of Orange County, San Diego, Los Angeles & Riverside Ask about our sister company - Garage Cabinets 1 Day for custom cabinets too! Complete Garage Transformation is within reach!

Offers Coupon

Carroll Building Solutions

Our company invites you to experience prompt service and superior attention to detail. With over 12 years of experience our customer satisfaction is our top priority! We will earn your trust for a lifetime. We believe in making all clients repeat clients. You can be assured you're in good with our company working on your home improvement project. If you are looking for a contractor that follows business practices such as promptly returning phone calls, arriving on time for appointments and following through on promises then call our reputable company today.

Lucky Sully Chimney and Duct Cleaning

TheOur family owned company stresses customer satisfaction. Michel Sullivan is a certified chimney sweep through the National Chimney Sweep Guild,(www.ncsg.org/) and Dan Sjostrom is certified thhrough the National Fireplace Institute (http://nficertified.org/pages_consumers/consumers-1.html) These keep us up to date on industry standards for all woodburning and gas fireplaces. We also carry above industry standards of insurance, bonds, and workmans's compensation. This means if we fall off your roof, we are liable and not you.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, PayPal

General Contracting, Construction, Vinyl Windows, Patio Doors, Entry Doors, Retractable Screen Doors, Interior Doors, Security Doors, French Doors, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Room Additions, House Additions, Deck Repairs, New Construction, Water Damage, Drywall Repair, Stucco Repair, Crown Moulding, Base Moulding, Property Maintenance, Fence Repair, Water Damage, Mold Remediation, Insurance Estimates

Landscaping Services & Softscaping