Duff Tile & Stone

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2009

1100 E. Vista Del Playa Ave.

Orange, CA 92865

Providing quality craftsmanship and great communication with each client. I work with each customer from the beginning stages of a project to the very end. I have been in business 15 years and have built a reputation of installing custom tilework, providing a disciplined work ethic, and creating

03/30/2017

Sharon L.

Fabulous! Erick is a joy to work with and he and his crew did a superb job in a very professional manner. He's our tile guy from now on!

Description of Work
Floors: 4 bathroom floors plus laundry room; Showers: 1 plus the Master which was a huge job.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

03/27/2017

Earl S.

It went well but there was an issue because of the long tiles we used. Eric figured out a solution to the problem and it worked out great!

Description of Work
Installation of 6" x 36" tile in our living room.

01/30/2017

Adam M.

The entire project went very well. They were responsive and professional in everything they did. The job was started on time and completed on time to our complete satisfaction. I would hire them again anytime.

Description of Work
Marble shower, tile bathroom floor.

09/26/2016

Bryan B.

Eric and his crew did an amazing job in our master bath; we were way overdue for a whole master bedroom remake; Eric did a great job in changing the wall tiles and the floor tiles; Eric is very professional, was always on time, cleaned up after his work and always delivered as promised; excellent communication skills from start to end; excellent quality and very competitive pricing. Our bath looks amazing now and my wife and I are very happy with the quality of the work Eric has put out there; we were so happy with the whole remodel that we had Eric install a kitchen backsplash as well; everything looks very nice, clean and modern; we're so happy that we chose Eric and his team; I can't praise enough Eric's cousin too (Brian) who's part of Eric's team sometimes. Thank you guys for a job well done. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install wall and floor tiles in the master bathroom; install backsplash.

08/22/2016

Sharon M.

His work was perfect, on time and basically very easy to work with

Description of Work
He redid my shower

Category ceramic tile, plumbing

06/19/2016

Parker H.

Called for an estimate and Eric responded right away. We set up a time for him to come over to access the work site and give me an estimate. He was quick and efficient. He told me up front he was super busy and asked when I'd need the work done. I was in no rush which worked for us both. He later sent the detailed estimate via email. We we set a date for him to come out and do the work. I wasn't going to be home so I put him in contact with my husband. Eric showed up on time and with one worker in tow. They got to work laying drop cloths all over where they'd be working and walking. About 4 hours later they were finished and cleaned up after themselves. Eric was great to work with and I plan to use him again for my other bathroom. It was such a pleasure to work with him. He was very professional.

Description of Work
Tile a small hall bathroom.

04/19/2016

Robert J.

Duff Tile & Stone was fantastic in a difficult situation where I had rejected the tile installer recommended by my general contractor and selected Eric and his crew instead. The general was not happy about this and although there was some friction initially, Eric kept his sense of humor and proportion throughout the entire process, which lasted 2-1/2 months from his initial visit to completion. Most importantly, however, was the quality of the work, which is uniformly excellent—and even the general contractor now recommends Eric! Eric was also able to suggest some great solutions to details that we had not entirely worked out, like using the granite from our bathroom counters on the edge of the shower dam. So I highly recommend Eric and his crew: they were all professionally skilled and pleasant to be around, in addition to making a genuine contribution to our remodel. I also liked the business end of the transaction. I received a thorough, thoughtful, detailed and clear proposal, and payments were spaced appropriately to the progress of the work. I have recommended Eric to others and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Duff Tile & Stone installed travertine walls and floors in the master bath & WC, porcelain tile in the 2nd bath, and glass tile in the 2nd bath and powder room of a remodel project

02/22/2016

Earl S.

Eric and his crew were totally professional and always on time. We purchased the tile prior to talking with Eric and we purchased an 8 inch by 48 inch ceramic tile that was supposed to be self leveling which ended up throwing the guys a bit of a curve ball. Eric and his guys did not back down from the challenge though. They did some research, figured out the best way to work with the tile, and ended up doing an excellent job. I totally recommend Duff Tile & Stone and would not hesitate to hire them for future work. Hire them!

Description of Work
Install 500 square feet of tile in our living room

12/29/2015

Patty S.

Eric and his crew demo our upstairs bathroom in one day and started on the scratch coat of the shower the next day. He also did the floor tile on the bathroom floor. Eric was very helpful with ideas and patiently answered all our questions. He was very professional and we felt very comfortable with him and his crew. They were very conscientious of putting down tarps and protective cardboard on our staircase and wood floors. They cleaned up each day and graciously removed all debris. I am really glad I found Eric on Angie's list. His great reviews were true and he exceeded them. Would definitely use him again for any future tile work! Eric also stayed on schedule and communicated with us every step of the way. Thanks again Eric.

Description of Work
Eric and his crew demo our upstairs bathroom. He did shower and floor tile.

12/24/2015

Kathy M.

I've used Eric and his crew in the past for tile work in 3 bathrooms. This project was for 18" floor tiles in the kitchen. They removed 2 layers of linoleum and leveled out the cement slab. They helped me decide on the tile pattern by pointing out the pros and cons of particular patterns. They finished the job in a few days and the end result looks great.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor tile.

12/21/2015

Peggy S.

Eric and his 2 man crew was great. They were polite, professional and pleasant to work with. I felt very comfortable having them work in my house while I was not home. Eric or his crew always communicated with me everyday and about every step of the process. They did a nice job in helping me creating the bathroom that I imaged. I got bids with 2 other companies and his price was very competitive which made my choice easy. Another reason decided to use him was because of the reviews I read and they proved to be all true for me. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Installed tile for bathroom tub/shower and floor.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

11/07/2015

Douglas W.

Eric Duff (the owner) and his subcontractors and crew always made me aware of the schedule, arrived on time and left the area clean at the end of the day. The finished work was outstanding. Because Eric coordinated so well with other subcontractors, we believe we saved a lot of cost relative to using a prime contractor. My wife and I couldn't be more pleased.

Description of Work
We purchased this 35 year old house knowing that the master bath was outdated and the shower liner was leaking. Duff Tile and Stone removed everything in the old shower and dressing area, and arranged for hot-mop, plumbing and and tile purchase, and installed a new all-tile shower. He also installed a new floor and helped me move a new vanity in place.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, plumbing

10/28/2015

Kathy M.

Eric and his crew did the tear out and install of floor and shower tile for 3 bathrooms. He also arranged for the hot mop waterproofing. He reconfigured the shape of one of the showers, and removed and replaced one small vanity. The work took about 3 weeks off and on, including inspections and plumbing work done by others. Eric and his crew were great to work with and we love the end results. We plan to use them again for the kitchen tile.

Description of Work
Floor and shower tile for 3 bathrooms

10/15/2015

Jeff B.

Eric and his team delivered exactly what they promised. They were on time each day, worked cleanly, and did a magnificent job with some difficult mosaic material. Friendly, and absolutely willing to make changes as needed. When Eric came to finish the job on the last day he even asked if I wanted a few pencil tiles that had been installed the day before replaced because the natural variation in the stone made them look darker than some of the others. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Duff tile and stone installed the backsplash in our kitchen and bathroom

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

10/02/2015

Donna L.

We got tile from Home Depot. Eric noticed we had two different color lots after he had laid first box. Store could not match what was already laid, so had to start over with two new boxes. Eric cheerfully did this for no additional charge.

Description of Work
Installed tile floor in new small bathroom.

09/03/2015

Benjamin R.

We hired Duff Tile and Stone to take over two bathroom remodels after a bad experience with another contractor, not hired from AngiesList : ( . Both bathrooms had to be redone from the ground up due to the poor construction by the previous contractor. Needless to say we were in a bad situation and feeling terrible. We interviewed three new contractors from Angies List and Eric provided the best combination of experience and cost. Duff Tile and Stone uses traditional construction methods to build shower enclosures. They lay a bed of mortar on the walls and set the tile on this very strong foundation. It is really neat to see the process. Eric and his crew are have mastered this technique. The mortar foundation looked great. It's almost a shame to cover it up : ) Eric is detail oriented and provided a thorough quote which precisely outlined the cost of the project at major and minor milestones which really gave us comfort that we were not being over charged. We made some changes along the way and he updated the quote accordingly and emailed us a new copy. We appreciated this since it is easy to lose track of costs in the heat of a project. The crew of guys that worked at our house, including Eric, always arrived on time, commenced work immediately, and put in a full days work. They put down tarps to protect our floors and always cleaned up at the end of the day. All of the guys worked well together, are courteous, and well spoken guys. Eric has a great attitude and was not bothered when we asked for changes, even if it could potentially delay the work, which in some cases it did while waiting for new tile to arrive or for plumbing rework to be completed. Cosmetically the bathroom tile turned out great! Eric and his guys also have a very good eye and we incorporated his ideas in the design and his crew laid out accent tile in the showers nicely. One of our showers has angled walls with tile on the ceiling and we were concerned with how the grout lines would look but they laid it out very cleverly and it looks perfect. They also tiled the floors, counter tops, shower/tub combo, and one bathtub surround. One wall had to be rebuilt with drywall and it came out like it had never been torn down. If all contractors worked like Duff Tile and Stone there would be no need for services like AngiesList as there would be no complaints. We would not hesitate to recommend Duff Tile and Stone to friends, family, and neighbors.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of two bathrooms

08/26/2015

nani B.

I interviewed four tile contractors for our master bath remodel. Duff Tile and Stone was not the lowest estimate, but the lowest bid did not include mortar and lathe waterproofing, it was a different method (tar paper & Hardibacker) which is faster and easier. My husband, a retired principal building inspector, did not want that for our home. Once the other bid was adjusted to include mortar and lathe, the price was more comparable to Eric Duff?s. In checking both contractors? licenses and insurance with the State board, only Duff had Workers Compensation Insurance. I knew both contractors would have helpers on the job. The entire job clearly shows skilled workmanship. All corners are mitered beautifully, both shower and floor tiles are laid out balanced, the onyx used for the decorative ribbon work was challenging but gorgeous, the finishing details include ½? wide tile strips to cover the perimeter between the bullnose and wall. The shower floor which is shaved pebbles, was done in a way that hid the fact that they were square sheets of pebbles. This is done by putting individual pebbles between the squares and doing some rearranging by sight. In addition, we did not know how bad the water damage would be until after the demo. I expected to have another contractor come in to replace the subfloor, but Eric assessed the damage (about 3?x3?) and replaced it himself at no additional cost. He also did not charge me to add an extra shampoo box. Every construction project will have a hiccup, whether it is a change order or something not done to the homeowner?s expectation. How contractors handle their client's expectations and issues is what sets them apart. Communicating with Eric was effortless, especially with texting and exchanging photos, as I didn?t see the day?s work until evenings. Customer satisfaction is genuinely top priority for him. This contractor managed to exceed my high expectations. Of note for women homeowners, in spite of my husband?s background and he being home, this was MY project to manage. I let Eric know that up front, and throughout the project he made sure that decisions and schedules were presented to me. Compare that to another contractor who after I asked a question, turned around and told my husband the answer! LOL!

Description of Work
Master Bath demo, build a larger tiled shower stall with two shampoo boxes, repair the water damaged floor, and tile the floor. We chose the tile and Eric picked it up, ensuring he had the amount needed. Eric or his cousin Brian, and a helper always showed up on time and each day left a clean work area. We could not be more pleased with how the project turned out!

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

08/18/2015

Jose R.

My wife and I decided to remodel 3 bathrooms in our 50 year old home. After checking reviews on Angie?s List, we contacted Eric Duff but he was not available in late June so we hired another company who did an okay job remodeling our master bathroom. Once our master bathroom was complete we connected with Eric and he came to take a look at our 2 other bathrooms and give us a quote. We found his quote to be fair and appreciated his honesty, advice and great design ideas so we hired him. When we explained our needs for each bathroom, he suggested we enlarge the shower enclosure, build a 4 ft pony wall and make several changes in one of the bathrooms. In one of the bathrooms, we had to keep the tub tile the same to keep costs down and his team did a great job at making suggestions that brought in the trim accent from the existing tub tile into the new shower and floor. It looks beautiful! We are very happy we followed his suggestions as both bathrooms look great and are now more functional. Eric?s work ethic is admirable and he has a team of professional guys who work well together and their workmanship was excellent. They completed the job on schedule. Eric communicated with us through out the process. He was courteous, on time, clean, professional and most importantly, is a very detail oriented tile installer. We are also remodeling our large kitchen and we are definitely going to hire Eric Duff and his team to install the back splash.

Description of Work
Remodeled 2 bathrooms

03/13/2015

Anthony Q.

I called and spoke with Eric about a backsplash tile job and he came out and gave me a reasonable quote. He and one of his guys came and tiled the backsplash area on two walls in my kitchen. The wrapped it up and two days. We're very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Tile backsplash in the kitchen

03/11/2015

Kevin O.

We had an existing tile wall from 1969 around the bathtub in one bathroom. They tore out the old wall and installed new green board drywall and wire. They cemented over the board and then installed new ceramic tile with a marble mosaic trim and finished it off with grout. It looked like a new bathroom. In the second bathroom they tore out the old tile and built a 3 foot pony wall between the shower pan and the toilet. All of this was dry walled, cemented and tiled with ceramic tile. Beautiful job! Our entryway was already tiled but there is a 6 inch step down into the living room. The living room has carpet that is similar in color to the entry tile. This posed a health hazard as we had a few people miss the step. Eric cut a line along the existing tile and removed about a 3 inch edge off the existing tile. He then installed a contrasting color bullnose ceramic tile trim along the edges leading down into the living room. Another great job.

Description of Work
Eric and his team demo'd and tiled a tub enclosure, stand-up shower, and also installed some ornamental tile edging in our home entryway. His pricing was very competitive and we are extremely satisfied with the craftsmanship of the work. He was very punctual each morning in showing up at the time he said he would be there. He provided good ideas for the remodel of the shower section and he installed a "pony wall". The approximate cost is for labor only. We purchased tile at a local tile store. We would definitely hire him again and highly recommend his work.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/05/2015

JOHN R.

We only have good things to say about Duff Tile . Eric, Bryan and Gary are outstanding craftsmen and their tile work looks absolutely beautiful; we could not be happier! Eric was very patient and helpful in assisting us with the tile layout design. Everyone always had a positive, friendly attitude and always wanted to be sure that the job was being done the way we wanted it. Eric always kept us informed regarding the work schedule and was always on time. If you need tile work done, save yourself a lot of time and trouble and just call Eric, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Tile work

09/26/2014

Daniel M.

I've used Eric Duff numerous times on several different jobs at two properties and he has always done a great job with an attention to detail and a great attitude. He has also recommended some great people for other work like shower glass and hot mopping. I highly recommend him for tile work.

Description of Work
Installed tile as a back splash and stacked slate on the front of my house.

09/22/2014

peter B.

Bathroom need Appx 40 sq/ft of new tile. He did an awesome job and I have zero complaints. Started and completed the job in 1 day. Showed up on time and was communicative before scheduling. Will definitely call Eric up again for more projects.

Description of Work
New floor tile in bathroom.

08/25/2014

Daniel C.

Eric and his team did a great job. He helped with some design suggestions for the hallway (offset trim along the steps and he rounded them to be smoother) which came out great. The travertine looks gorgeous and four months later, everything is holding up fantastically. Eric even picked up the stone I bought and delivered it onsite. He also fixed some bathroom tiles for me free of charge. One minor thing was I wish they did was grout a few areas up to the cabinets in the kitchen, but this can easily be fixed by me. He offered to come back by to take care of it, but I never followed up. Overall, I highly recommend Eric and his team. He was a good communicator, was punctual, started on time and finished ahead of schedule, and was flexible with the ongoing construction that was going on in the house.

Description of Work
Installed ~450 sqft of 16 inch travertine tiles in the hallway, downstairs bathroom, kitchen, and upstairs master bedroom bathroom. 1/16 inch grout lines.

07/27/2014

Matthew G.

Eric and his crew arrived on-time, were very professional, performed quality work, completed the work on-time and made sure I was 100% satisfied with the job. I was so happy with the first job (bathrooms), I called him back to do my laundry room. The work was top notch. I will definitely use Eric again for any tile needs. Excellent work at a fair price.

Description of Work
Installed approximately 210 square feet of tile in a master bathroom, two standard bathrooms and a laundry room on two separate visits. The setting, grout and labor were included in the price.

Sureshine Marble And Stone Care & Restoration Services

Our specialty is all types of stone restoration including: marble polishing, marble restoration, granite repair, travertine cleaning, travertine polishing, concrete polishing, limestone polishing, limestone sealing, stone cleaning, and other surfaces. Our Sureshine Service Guarantee applies to all projects: Sureshine Care and Restoration Services, Inc. guarantees all work to be completed as indicated. If you are not satisfied, call our office and we will return to remedy the situation at no obligation or additional cost. License # 906156. We clean and seal all hard surfaces including tile and grout and concrete. We do not perform granite flake epoxy garage floor coatings.

Coastal Construction & Consulting Inc

BCBhardwoodflooring

About Us When you turn to BCB for your flooring needs, you’re gaining the personal approach of Camelia and Claudiu Bob. The newlyweds launched BCB to serve Southern California, but the company’s beginnings go back to Claudiu’s early years in Romania. “I started working with my father from the age of 14, back in Romania,” explains Claudiu Bob. “He was a contractor and he would take me with him to his job sites. He taught me how to install wood flooring and every step in the process: sanding, buffing and staining. I learned many things pertaining to construction, but I wanted to focus mainly on flooring, because that's what I liked to work with the most.” Experience After learning from his father for many years, Claudiu moved to America at the age of 19, and settled in Chicago, Illinois. There he broadened his abilities and increased his mastery in the craft of flooring design and installation. Claudiu lived with his uncle, who helped him hone his skills, showing him how to increase his speed while maintaining the highest quality. “After seeing that this was something I could do and handle on my own, I decided to open my own business,” Claudiu says. “I named it BCB Flooring, which stands for Bob, Claudiu & Bogdan.” In Chicago, Claudiu worked with individual clients, as well as contractors, which is still the company’s calling. After meeting and marrying Camelia, BCB Flooring was moved to Garden Grove, in a new partnership with Camelia’s brothers, Christian and Mark. Mission Because Claudiu has been in the industry for many years, from your first meeting you will see the excellent customer service and professionalism you can count on. When you have a look you’re aiming for, he can offer you a game plan to get you there. Or if you need design ideas, he can offer you suggestions based on his breadth of knowledge and experience. “Usually when I meet with customers they already know exactly what they want their floor to look like in their homes,” Claudiu says. “Sometimes I make suggestions and I give my clients an example of what I would recommend. If it is a matter of choosing a stain color, I offer multiple samples and recommend one that I believe will work best for an individual’s home, taking into account style, colors and hues, as well as practical concerns such as the purpose of the room.” Expertise At BCB Flooring, our services include everything from the design phase and ordering supplies to prepping, installing and finishing. We’re skilled at more than simple floor installation — we do repairs, custom staining, and even handle railings, treads and spindles on staircases. We know how to bring out the grain in your wood floors and secure the finest quality vinyl to your highest traffic areas, like kitchens and bathrooms. When you work with our family, we bring you the best value. We work within your budget, so you get results at the lowest costs. Our flooring generally ranges from $1-$6 per square foot and our skillful treatments include color-matching, hand scraping and custom staining unfinished wood. This family-owned business installs your floors personally, which means you can leave the house with peace of mind. We’re trustworthy professionals with rock-solid honesty and integrity. And we’re nice people! Basically, we’ve got you covered. We know quality and have an eye for design. If you need help making decisions — no problem! Or if you just want to improve the look of your floors, give us a call. Your satisfaction is our biggest concern … in fact, it’s our guarantee!

2022 Super Service Award