Ace Construction & Plumbing

Founded 1991 • With Angi since September 2010

1127 E Del Mar Ave

Orange, CA 92865

Ace Construction is a full service construction company, we specialize in room additions and comercial construction. Our primary goal is CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, achieved by establishing schedules that meet the needs of our clients, and by producing beautiful end products. We provide cost analysis

04/01/2019

Karen C.

Mike took care of getting plans drawn up from our rough sketches, and helped get the plans through the City approval process. The crew was very friendly and did good work. Mike provides really good suggestions all along the way, and the quality of materials was really good (cabinets, countertops, tile). We are very happy with the ADU! We have hired Mike to remodel a bathroom now in the main house.

Description of Work
Building an ADU (“granny unit”) on our property.

Category remodeling, home builders

03/12/2019

Charlene A.

Each phase of the work performed (demo-cabinet installation-countertop-installation-plumbing- electrical changes) followed the preceding phase very efficiently. The respective crews for each phase seemed very experienced and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet installation; new countertops/sink installation

Category plumbing

12/01/2016

Sarkis N.

Angie's List keeps on sending me e-mails re this outfit. Finally, I called them to ask a question, no live person. Left a message and never received a call back. This outfit is not reliable and do not bother to contact them.

Description of Work
Patio cover remodel and stain

Category picture framing, remodeling, interior painters

I apologize for the miscommunication. We are no longer offering this deal and it should have been removed from the site. Often times the message left includes "Please contact me if your interested" in which case I may not return the call. We are primarily doing room additions and larger projects at this time and currently not doing small projects. Thanks, Mike Aceves

12/01/2016

Jon G.

Generally it went well and the job was completed in a timely manner. There were a few issues along the way, mostly with subcontractors that were less responsive and attentive than Mike's normal team. The architect had some good recommendations to my general plan. Mike is honest and points out any issues the come up along the way. There were a few unexpected issues but I think a normal amount. They could improve on clean up. Mike also had a few scheduling issues near the finish of the project, he didn't order the floors we picked out until late in the prices only to find out they were no longer available. This caused a bit of a scramble at the end.

Description of Work
Architectural drawings, room addition and whole-house remodel. We moved walls, raised the ceiling, moved a kitchen to the other side of the house, moved a bathroom and closet, replaced the roof, replaced plumbing with copper, replaced all the floors, all finish and fixtures, new paint everywhere.

Category picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, drain pipe, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Great work with you and I really did enjoy your project! Mike Aceves

11/21/2016

Renee M.

It didn't go at all because this company does not respond to emails or phone calls they don't respond at all because they make too good of an offer and don't want to honor it that's very professional don't you think? I've had great services performed from some of Angie's list best providers these guys are not one of them.

Description of Work
Loser company!!!! Nothing ****** me off more than when somebody makes a great offer on Angie's list and doesn't bother to call you back or even respond to several emails this is BS and I am tired of companies that do this I'm not the only one they have done this to so I would say don't even bother with these guys they won't bother with you .

Category remodeling

I apologize for the miscommunication. We are no longer offering this deal and it should have been removed from the site. Often times the message left includes "Please contact me if your interested". We are primarily doing room additions and larger projects at this time and currently not doing small projects. Thanks, Mike Aceves

09/13/2016

Craig C.

His bid was competitive with other bids I had received. I chose Ace for the job because of the quality of work performed in the past. I had a short window as storage fees for the furniture were adding up. He put a crew on the job immediately and they worked through the weekend. They finished on time and we were able to get the furniture delivered before incurring more storage fees. The job was flawless!!! I would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Mike's crew prepped and painted the interior of a 1200 sq ft house including ceilings

Category interior painters

Always a pleasure working with you! Mike

08/29/2016

Richard H.

Very well, on time. Thier forman was awesome. Good quality work70000

Description of Work
Addition of room and bath room

Category picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, skylights, drain pipe, home remodeling

I really enjoyed working with you and your wife. Looking forward to our next project. Mike

08/24/2016

Sunny C.

Did not respond to Big Deal purchase.

Description of Work
Did not bother to schedule.

Category remodeling, water heater repair

Angie's List was restructuring the site and i never receive the notification. Since then [Member Name Removed] has agreed to remove this review. please remove ASAP. Thanks, Mike

06/15/2016

Thomas D.

Mike was great to work with. He is extremely knowledgeable and carries years of experience, which was critical in turning our remodel blueprints into the finished structure were living in today. I had many questions and concerned during the whole process and Mike was always easy to reach and took care of any of my concerns that day or the next. Mike estimated the whole project would take about 3 months, I originally thought that was wishful thinking; His estimate was about 2 weeks shy only because we added some extra projects along the way.

Description of Work
Ace Construction started and completed a 400 sqft master bedroom and bathroom addition. In addition Mike and his crew removed old wood siding, re-stuccoed and painted the whole house to match.

Category picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, home builders, drain pipe

Thank you [Member Name Removed], It has been a real pleasure working with you and your wife. Your finish selections made for a great looking bathroom and room addition. Look forward to any future projects. Mike Aceves

05/18/2016

Jared O.

It went very well. I reached out to Mike late last year based on his reviews on this site. My wife and I had a good feeling from the start as he was very punctual to the initial meeting, took time to listen to what we were planning, and then turned around a quote within a couple of days. My experience to that point with contractors is that they were very flaky when it came to responding to us in a timely manner. Once the project started Mike was in daily contact with me or my wife to make sure we understood where the project was at, and to discuss any issues that came up (as they always do in this type of work). The biggest issue that did come up was not even due to Mike and his team, but it was due to my engineer who was very difficult to work with. Mike was able to step in and deal with him and work with his own guy to solve the engineering problems, and we really appreciated that (we learned after the fact that Mike and his team does design as well). The project started in January and ended toward the end of April. We were very happy with the end result and any flaws or items that we were unsatisfied with during the process were quickly fixed or addressed throughout the process, though there were very few and when they did come up there were small in the scope of things. We're still in touch with Mike as we decide to do other projects on the home, and we'd definitely recommend him for any home additions or construction.

Description of Work
Main Project: - Construction of new room - Extension of existing room - Extension of entry way and removal of a large step inside - Wall removal in kitchen Add-on Items: - New roof that had to be demolished and rebuilt for construction - Electrical upgrade - New carpeting in rooms - New tile in entryway - Trim - Painting - Various plumbing fixes

Category plumbing, remodeling, home builders, architect

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Removed Member Name] , It has been a real pleasure working with you both and I look forward to the upcoming projects. Thanks for the referrals! Mike Aceves

04/20/2016

Greg F.

Did the job on time. Good workmanship and very responsive. I would highly recommend Mike.

Description of Work
Complete home remodel. New plumbing, new kitchen, and new flooring.

Category picture framing, plumbing, remodeling

It was my pleasure to work with you and your wife. Look forward to any future projects. Thanks, Mike Aceves

10/02/2015

Christine O.

Outcome: He quickly went to work, built the addition and passed the series of inspections on his first rounds - addition took about a month and half. He completed all the additional work (gas lines, plumbing, laundry room, electrical) easily too, with passing inspection on the first round again. All the work resulted in us getting the citations cleared as well. I would recommend Ace Construction to friends and family. We will definitely call him again for any of our construction/remodels needs, because we trust him to be fair, honest and ultimately he get things done - he actually follows through to the end on this projects. His pricing is VERY fair and he takes pride and confidence in his work. Favorite characteristics: Mike is a PROBLEM-SOLVER and PROJECT MANAGER, which is crucial especially when it comes to medium to larger size projects. He's not narrow-minded in getting things done...he can see the bigger picture in getting a project done. He has clear milestones and he really GETS TO WORK on them. He MANAGES, HANDLES the project and solves problem... All the other characteristics: He is honest, reliable, prompt and effective in his work. He's not the typical contractor who fixes things here and there (although he can do that too), but I consider him to be a project manager and problem solver. He works well with all types of people, and I also found him to be easy to work with. He worked very well city inspectors, the planning and building departments, my mom who lives in the home...and he is nice to his own employees. AWESOME! I never had a problem getting a hold of him, getting responses from him or getting answers and an account for billings and progress.

Description of Work
Work done: We had a approx 400sq house addition, new electrical box added/upgraded electrical, water heater gas lines brought up to city code, adding outlets in the house, and creating a laundry room in the garage. Additionally, we had multiple citations that needed correction.

Category plumbing, remodeling, water heater repair, home builders

Thank you [removed member names], I really enjoyed working for you and your project. I also enjoyed working with your mom and family. Look forward to working with you on future projects. Sincerely, Mike Aceves

06/17/2015

Bill P.

We did not follow-up to see the final plans

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel 3-D representation

Category remodeling, home remodeling

It was a pleasure meeting with you. Let me know when you would like to move forward. Mike Aceves

06/05/2015

Judith M.

Good design suggestions, attention to detail,very competent workers, took me to factory to pick out granite so very big choice. followed up immediately on any problem, e.g. faucet leaked after installation, very professional.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

I really enjoyed working with you and working on your projects. Look forward to any future remodeling. Thank you, Mike Aceves

03/19/2015

Christine R.

I decided not to go foward and he refunded my fees no questions asked

Description of Work
we decided not to go forward

Category remodeling

Please let me know when you are ready for us. Mike Aceves

11/22/2014

James D.

Mike was professional, punctual, and flexible. He worked with us to provide a shower and tub that fit our budget, taste, and schedule.

Description of Work
Mike and his crew ripped out the existing fiberglass bath and surround. They then replaced the tub and installed a new tile surround.

Category remodeling

It was great working with your and your wife. Let me know when your ready for the next project. Mike Aceves

11/21/2014

Marianne G.

I was impressed with his professionalism and his detailed design and cost list. It was well worth the $49. I have never had anyone respond so well to a coupon. I have no doubt I will use Ace Construction when I am ready to start the job.

Description of Work
I used the $49 coupon for estimate and plans for kitchen remodel.

Nice meeting with you - Looking forward to getting started. Mike Aceves

10/30/2014

Mary Ann R.

We tried several times to schedule and come to an agreement over work to be done. Initial request, to replace cabinets, contractor did not seem to want to do. He said they usually do bigger type of jobs. After much back and forth, with long delays between return phone calls, the contractor agreed it was better for me to receive a refund.

Category remodeling

Very nice meeting with you and your husband. After several meetings and phone conferences to define the work scope and rescheduling on behalf of the customer it seemed best to issue a refund.

09/21/2014

Don P.

mike provided a timely contract proposal including proof of insurance for workers comp and liability, a time frame for the completion of work, and a fair contract price based upon comparisons to other proposals submitted. the bottom line; my family and i are very satisfied with the work performed by ace construction. the work crew was efficient, courteous, and the workmanship for all tasks was excellent. mike closely supervised the progress and quality of work, and the final work product was excellent, and completed on-time. communication with mike was easy, and he had many constructive ideas and recommendations in the course of the work. he was always willing to go "the extra mile" to achieve the best quality of work. so we give a very high rating and recommendation for ace construction.

Description of Work
we hired ace construction (mike aceves, owner and general contractor) to repair moderate house damage sustained in the march 2014 fullerton earthquake. the nature of the damage included many cracks in the interior walls and ceilings, and cracks in the exterior stucco of the house. additional work contracted included removal of the acoustic ceilings, re-texture of the ceilings,painting of the entire interior of the house, replacing damaged shower tiles, installing new interior and exterior light fixtures, replacing termite and water damaged wood trim on the exterior, removing the old stucco, sealing the exterior cracks, re-surfacing the exterior of the house with a new stucco coating, and painting all of the exterior trim and doors.

Category remodeling

It has been great working with you [member name removed] - We enjoyed your project. Thanks for the review. Mike Aceves

09/01/2014

Joyce C.

prompt and professional; quick turnaround for deign decided to postpone remodel, so no further work done

Description of Work
3d bathroom remodel design

Category remodeling, home remodeling

My pleasure [removed member name] - Let me know if I can help you with any upcoming projects.

07/27/2014

Lisa S.

The owner was responsive to my inquiries and arrived on time. When he came to give me an estimate, he seemed like he was in a huge hurry. He didn't ask me questions about what I really wanted (aside from a new shower), and he didn't explain the process to me about what they would actually do. It honestly felt very rushed and did not instill confidence in me about the work that they would perform. I had to ask all the questions, and I even had to email later because there were many things unanswered. I have gotten different estimates, and the other companies took time to explain exactly what they would do to ensure the job was done right, and took time so that I could answer questions. It was a very different and strange experience with this company. Because of this and because of the cost, I did not go with this company. I honestly did not think I would get a good product.

Description of Work
I did not have any work performed by this company, but I got an estimate for a new shower.

Category remodeling

This was a very small job – to install a new tiled shower. When the homeowner is not specific in regards to the tile, valve, and misc. I will give an allowance in my estimate – very straight forward.

06/12/2014

Jean G.

It was fine. I would recommend them. They did exactly what they said. Their pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
Ace Construction & Plumbing did re-piping.

Category drain pipe

Thanks for the business. See you soon. mike Aceves

06/10/2014

Laurel L.

It was very good. They were professional and on time. They were excellent. They put on the valves because the house was older. The valves were $90 each and the flange was about $60 or $80, but I can't remember. I think the price was okay. I haven’t had that much plumbing done so it is hard for me to judge it. It seems fair because there was work.

Description of Work
They took out the toilet and put in a new flange. They also checked the other two toilets. They put on a valve on that toilet and one other toilet.

Category plumbing

Great working for you [member name removed]. Kepp us in mind for your future projects. Mike Aceves

06/02/2014

Christian D.

I initially was searching for someone to build us a nook under the stairs. I talked to 2 contractors who basically said it wouldn't be possible, or generally weren't interested. When Mike came to quote the job, he looked at it for a few minutes and said, "Yeah, we can do that. I think it will look great." He even made some suggestions on getting custom cabinets into the space, which we ultimately went with. Mike and his team were very professional, answered my calls, and showed up when they said they would (which was a huge problem for me with other contractors). Mike was very flexible with what we wanted in the end result, and stuck to his quote. The work they did came out beautifully, particularly the nook under the stairs. I was so relieved to be working with someone reliable, I asked him to help me with other jobs around the house. I will definitely call him for help in the future.

Description of Work
Remodeled our fireplace, built a reading nook under our stairs (with a built in day bed, lighting, and cabinetry), did electrical and recessed lighting in some rooms, as well as ran a gas line into the kitchen.

Category remodeling

Thanks for the review. It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to helping with any future projects. Mike Aceves

06/02/2014

Sandra P.

Mike came out to see what I wanted forthe 299$ special I had purchased. I showed him the need to insulate the garage and creat better outlets. He wrote up a proposal after talking it out with us. He brought out 4 men and did a great job being sure they understood the job and they did it well, quickly and cleaned up after. I was very impressed with the entire job and would use him again.

Description of Work
He insulated and dry walled a garage and put in a new circuit breaker and outlet box.

Category remodeling

Thank you [Member name removed] for the great review. It was a Pleasure working for you. Please keep us in mind for any future projects. Mike Aceves