Above It All Ceilings and Drywall

Orange, CA 92865

Drywall Restoration and Repair

11/19/2015

Cecelia G.

The work was done over a period of 5 days. The employees showed up on schedule, were professional, and more importantly cleaned up everything after each job was completed. The end result was excellent. I certainly use this company again.

Description of Work
Removed acoustic ceiling from master bedroom,painted and textured ceiling,removed wallpaper, textured and painted bedroom and bathroom.

04/23/2015

cher B.

We contacted this vendor and scheduled a site visit so that they could provide an accurate estimate for a drywall and paint job at our residence. After agreeing to and receiving a formal written estimate we scheduled the job date. On the day of the agreed upon job this vendor informed us that the price had gone up an additional $500 and refused to complete the job for the agreed upon amount that was drafter by their own onsite estimator. Because so much time was spent preparing the job site for the agreed upon drywall services, we attempted to resolve this unexpected and unethical bait and switch tactic by offering to split the difference for the unplanned increase with the owner but he declined and then proceeded to lie about why the services could no longer be completed. This vendor left us with a mess and refused to help put back any of the furniture that we initially moved to make their jobs easier. If you choose to use this vendor be prepared to be lied to and receive hidden fees. What you see is NOT what you get.

Description of Work
Nothing

08/13/2013

Clark S.

ok

Description of Work
popcorn remove

07/31/2013

charles H.

The men that installed the drywall were totally unskilled and did a very poor job. The joints were uneven and badly spaced--the cutouts for the lights,switches and electrical outlets were ragged and oversized-they used odd pieces of drywall instead of large pieces.I had Dana come out to the job site and then had the workmen remove and replace about half of the drywall they had installed. Even after that it was done very poorly--Their method seems to be fill up all the holes and mismatched pieces with drywall mud. The cost--$600.00 to paint 2 ceilings also seemed awfully high. After the painters finished they asked for the check --Dana never called or came out to see if the job was done properly. I certainly would not hire this company again

Description of Work
Installed drywall in my complete kitchen including walls and ceiling.Finished all joints--textured and sprayed the kitchen and family room ceilings.

05/28/2013

Diane K.

The job went so smoothly. They were in and out in a day and then in a few days after the ceilings dried, they came back and painted them. His crew was neat and cleaned up after themselves. They went out of their way to do a few extra areas in closets. We were so pleased to get those ugly ceilings out of the condo and i would highly recommend this company and their work.

Description of Work
Dana, the owner was just wonderful to work with. His company removed the cottage cheese (acoustic) ceilings, re-plastered, primed and painted the living room, dining room and 2 bedrooms.

05/06/2013

BARBARA W.

They were very efficient and thorough. They left everything clean. They coated everything in the home with plastic. It was a very messy process and I was impressed with how clean they kept everything. Their service was excellent and the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I had my kitchen remodeled. They coated the entire kitchen. They put in a new drop ceiling. They finished the drywall work around replacement windows in the kitchen and the living room. They also did drywall repair in the living room and painted it.

06/21/2012

Debra H.

They worked miracles. Our house was built in 1932 so it was very crooked and the guy I had earlier couldn't get the drywall up and said my house was too old. This guy came and made the drywall perfect and I never say that about a contractor. He made it look perfect and there were straight lines and no one would know that there was such a mess underneath. It was just amazing. They put all the drywall up in one day. They came back and nailed and then came back and textured. They corrected all those problems in one day and I was impressed by them. It was the first time I used them. I got several bids and they were the best. The painting service that they did was very good as well.

Description of Work
The drywall in our house was done by Above It All Ceilings and Drywall. They also did two painting projects for me too. They painted the front house.

12/16/2011

William L.

Dana Tichenor (owner of Above It All) met with me on 8/31/11 to give me an initial estimate for acoustic ceiling (popcorn) removal/retexture and painting of the ceilings in our 2400 square foot house. During that process, I mentioned that we also were planing to repaint the interior and Dana gave me a quote for that work as well. I pointed out many areas where nails had “popped” and seams were showing. I also told him we were planning on installing ceiling fans in the 3 upper bedrooms and asked if we should wait till the ceiling were done or have the fans done 1st. Dana said if we had the fans installed, his workers could touch up any areas in the ceiling that might get marked up. Based on a positive report that was on Angies List and the positive feeling we had talking to Dana, we decided to use Above It All and asked Dana to come back and give us an updated quote. Dana was happy to come back and give us and updated quote. On 10/5/2011 Dana and I did another walk through of the project during which time we talked about the process. I pointed out the areas that needed patching. He said that two walls, would need extra drywall work and we agreed to add that to the estimate. With many of the nicks and nail pops, Dana indicated that I should mark them with tape and either the dry wall crew would handle them or the painters would take care of them as a normal part of the job.Also, while finishing up the estimate, we agree to have an electrician Dana worked with to install 15 spot lights. The day the work was supposed to start, the electrician showed up on time and told me the ceiling folks wouldn’t be there as scheduled. Dana called a few minutes later and confirmed the no-show. The next day the ceiling crew showed up and got started while the electrician finished his work. Dana arrived a little later and although they were already a day behind on our job, he immediately pulled one of the crew to send to another work sight.While Dana was on there, I took him, his foreman and the electrician upstairs to remind them that the ceiling fans were brand new unscratched and I cautioned them to be careful removing the blades and handed them a copy of the instructions. Later I found that contrary to the caution and the written instructions, the electrician had used an electric drill with a screwdriver bit to remove the blades from all three of the fans and in the process scratched the motor housings on each fan. As the week progressed we found a number of other issues: 1. While moving the couch in the living room the crew apparently dropped it hard enough to crush on of the rollers and crack the frame. 2. There were any number of areas that ended up with overspray because the crews didn’t not keep the plastic covers in place after bumping into them. 3. Our entertainment system ended up with overspray over most of the back of the unit and a new printer/scanner in the upstairs office also got hit with overspray. I both cases the area were initially well covered but as the crew worked they knocked the plastic free and did not recover the items. This happened in other areas as well. 4. Our dinning room table ended up with a fairly large scratch on one of the drop leafs. 5. One of the screens on our sliding door got pushed out. In all cases, these items were not brought to our attention, we found them as the work went on. Instead of taking care of the issues, it was left up to us to get the problems resolved and than have the bill reduced to cover the costs. Although he did make good on costs presented, Dana did not proactively address the issues and when he was talking to his workers he could be heard complaining about not making any money on the job and how he hadn’t signed up to rebuild the whole house. The final out come: 1. With the exception of one area where a hall joins the kitchen, the ceilings look much better than before. 2. There are many areas in the drywall that I believe I could have done a better job finishing. 3. Several wall areas have uneven paint coverage which become very noticeable as natural light falls on them. 4. We have a few areas where the plastic covering the floor got torn and there is white paint on the carpet. Although Above It All guarantees complete satisfaction and Dana gives no indication that he would not honor the pledge, we would be reluctant test that guarantee and to have them come back to address items 2 or 3 above because we don’t want further chaos in our lives at this point.

Description of Work
1. Installed 15 recessed spot lights 2. Scrapped and re-textured ceilings in a four bedroom home 3. Repaired drywall on two lengthy walls 4. Repaired and textured one bath 5. Painted interior

08/08/2011

Jim L.

Showed up on time to bid the job. Scheduled the job and workers were on time and covered the walls and floor. Quality were excellant and they spoke english.

Description of Work
Covered over ugly, old plaster popcorn ceilings. Even had a $250 coupon.

Category drywall

Thanks for the great review member. We allways do our best to go 'Above It All' for our customers!