Porteous Building Services

Founded 2006 • With Angi since April 2013

3.5

603 Seagaze Dr

Oceanside, CA 92054

Porteous Building Services (formerly Ironwood Pacific) is a general construction firm specializing in Commercial Tenant Improvement and Residential Remodels.

12/18/2017

Maria L.

We did not go through with remodel after they demolished due to very messy job. Dust all over the house, they knocked art work and picture frames off the wall and broke some of them. I deposited $6,000 for cabinets which were never done. Porteous never refunded me a single dollar. This guy took all the money and did not even finish the job. Even sent him to small claims court but Porteous did not show up. I would encourage everyone not to use this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and wine cabinet

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

03/21/2017

Maria L.

Michael Porteous started the demolition on November 28, 2016. Informed Michael of the drain line in the wine bar area. They cut however did not cap it. Therefore, there was a leak and had to empty the bucket every few hours. He did not show up till the flowing day. Nov. 30, 2016- They jackhammered the bathroom. Workers did not make me aware of all the frames that were hung in the room next to the bathroom. All frames broke and glass shattered everywhere. Entire downstairs was covered in dust. Workers left electrical wires in office and garage. Wrote a check for $6,000.00 per Michael it was for the deposit for the cabinets. Dec. 1, 2016- Demo continued. Texted Michael numerous times about all the leaks, but he NEVER showed up. Dec. 2, 2016 (Friday)-- Michael stopped by for a short time, and said he would take care of the leaks. NO SHOWED. My husband had to turn of our water softener for fear our house would get flooded. We fired Michael the next day due to LOUSY professionalism and responsiveness. Told Michael we would pay him $1,000 for the demo and that he would have to pay us back the $5,000. NEVER heard from him since.

Description of Work
Hired Michael Porteous to remodel our bathroom and wine bar.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

01/11/2016

Kimberly H.

Michael and his team were great. they were punctual and quick. I was worried about doing this before the holidays but they met their deadline and the job was done perfectly. any time I had a question, Michael was quick to respond either via phone, text, or email. never did I have to worry if the job was going to be done right. I highly recommend Michael and the Porteous Building Services team for any remodel job, big or small.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel - new cabinets, flooring, countertops, appliances, lighting

Category woodworking

09/08/2013

Jenna S.

We used Ironwood Pacific Construction for our new home inspection. They usually do commercial work but they were recommended to us by a friend. We wanted to have the kitchen and 2 bathrooms upgraded originally, but we found it was so easy to work with Michael and his crew and the work was so professional. They even built a temporary fence in the backyard, without any additional cost, and bought our bulldog a bone to keep him at bay. No complaining, no hidden costs, and they treated our home with care while we were away. Every bit of work was fantastic craftsmanship from the wood cabinets to the tile showers. We're VERY happy with our new home. The heated floors were an amazing touch. These guys know what they're doing and we're so happy to have found such a solid contractor. Best part? The owner, Michael, would answer my every call. My husband would say I'm very picky, but Michael would just smile and encourage our creative side. This home is truly ours and has so much character because of the care this contractor took to listen to my ideas and talk them through with me. Bravo Ironwood!

Description of Work
Home Remodel

Category home inspection, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair

What our customers think: "I have been using Advanced Sprinkler and Drainage Repair over the last 8 years, I highly recommend them. The customer service we receive is impeccable. The work and the customer service we receive is what keeps me a returning customer every time." "I have been a customer of ASDR for many years. They are responsive, thorough and always ready to propose a solution to make my sprinklers more efficient. I have happily referred them to others for any sprinkler or drainage issue." "It has been a real pleasure working with Advanced Sprinkler. Over the last two years I have had various works done. Your team is excellent from start to finish--the front office, scheduling and the work are all top rate!"

Offers by Advanced Sprinkler & Drainage Repair on Angi
    BHI Technology

North County’s premier provider of custom network and home automation solutions. We guarantee our workmanship and your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on our expertise and delivering great customer service.Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Garage Floors 1 Day

*ASK ABOUT OUR BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL - $150 OFF WHEN INSTALLED BY 12/31/22!* The Garage Floors 1 Day system really is the best because it literally is a one-day installation. That means your cars, bikes, kid's toys, tools ... only need to be out of your garage for ONE DAY! The Garage Floors 1 Day system really is the best because it literally is a one-day installation. We specialize in epoxy flooring for all of Orange County, San Diego & Riverside

Rough and finish carpentry, wood and metal framing, drywall, electrical, plumbing, suspended ceilings. We specialize in restaurant, brewery, greenhouse, and retail commercial business structures and systems. Our team also excels at residential remodels, additions, and outdoor living spaces.

We use sub-contractors for our roofing, swimming pool and spa installation/service; and other specialty trades such as fire protection (sprinklers), ANSUL installations, HVAC installations, and asphalt.