ART CAIN

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2006

OWNER OPERATOR. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. NO SERVICE FEE. EXTRA CHARGES FOR AFTER HOURS SERVICE MAY APPLY....

CJ's Landscaping

CJ's Landscaping is a full service landscaping company. We specialize in lawn care and maintenance. Full service tree trimming and removal, hedge trimming, complete yard clean up and design, irrigation problems, mulching, planting, and haul aways.

Energy Builders

Home Remodeling Company. With over 25 years of superior craftsmanship, we offer the trendiest design, best installations, and exceptional service. Together we will design and build your Dream Home. We provide Energy Efficient products and services for Windows, Solar, Roofing and Exterior Paint.

So Cal Landscape & Renovations

We are a professional Home & Commercial Remodeling Company dedicated to providing property owners the very best in service, quality and price. We are “San Diegans”, proud to call our City home, and we will treat your home like ours, making our community more beautiful one home at a time.

02/26/2013

He was polite, quiet and a perfectionist (good quality in a painter!). He showed up on time and was very concerned that we were satisfied with his work. He even suggested we paint the underside of the eaves a different color than they had been and it was truly an improvement.

Description of Work
Art painted the interior and exterior of 2000 sq ft single-story home.

Category house painters,interior painters

02/26/2013

He responds promptly, meticulous in his work in terms of clean up.

Description of Work
I hired Art Cain twice to fix and repair some paintings that other company didn't do right.

06/26/2012

We bought a home and wanted the all-white interior painted more soothingly. I also wanted it done soon. He showed up promptly, and gave me a quote on the spot, his labor + whatever materials cost; his availability matched my requirements (start soon). I fetched the samples and Art applied them, but I didn't like it. I fetched some new samples, and Art applied those as well, with no comments. He spread out his coverings to protect the carpet (no furniture in yet) and went to work. We gave him the garage opener so that he could maintain his own schedule, which worked beautifully. We stopped by at the end of each day to watch our space being transformed--the color was SO much better than all white. Art picked up his coverings as he went, so that when the room was done, it was done. At the end, he provided receipts for the materials, all seem proper and in order. He has offered to return for touch up, after we move the furniture in. He's done such a nice job, that I would pay him to come back and do the work. He told me that I was a hard client, but that he appreciated that I did not cut corners. Neither does he.

Description of Work
Painted the interior of 2000 sq ft town home, with 4 or 5 different paints in 2 colors and various finishes. Repaired peeling paint on exterior door & frame, painted previous owner-added baseboard trim to match existing trim, painted closet interiors including removing and replacing shelving, patched 2 areas wall damage, touched up minor areas baseboard and ceiling damage. Arranged his schedule to take delivery of the refrigerator when we were not available to do so.

02/18/2010

He did a fantastic job and made it look new. He will also be doing the outside of the home.

Description of Work
He painted our entire house.

11/01/2009

I met Art 3 or 4 years ago. I found him here on Angie's List because I was getting married and my fiancé's condo (we were selling HIS place) needed painting. Art did an amazing job then. Came in lowest on four bids, worked diligently and the work was meticulous. Fast forward, now we're selling "my" house to leave San Diego. We called Art again. Again his bid came in low. His work has been absolutely professional. He finished up our house yesterday by painting the last room, our kitchen. As he left, my husband joked that wherever we move, we'd fly Art in to paint. Now, Angie may not let me post again so close to my last post, but I wanted Art to have one last pat on the back. He's the reason I trust this website. The other last thing my husband said as Art left our house, "We'll never paint again. We'll always call a professional." That is, if we can find someone like Art, who works hard, does beautiful work, and is pleasant to have in the house while I must do my work.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen, did touch ups on rest of house due to carpet installation

10/25/2009

Art came and cheerfully gave us an estimate. We liked his price, and he started the job when he said he would and completed it in two days. He takes his time and does the prep work correctly, removing all hardware and covering the carpet and furniture. He is meticulous. He is also pleasant to have around and respectful of our things. It is a pleasure to do business with him.

Description of Work
Art painted a bedroom and bathroom, including ceilings and closet. We provided the paint.

01/19/2007

Art Cain's work is superlative. He began the job promptly on the day he promised. He worked long hours, completing the job in the time quoted. Art was meticulous in his brush strokes and in his clean-ups. He takes the time to prep properly. He is respectful of all hardware, removing it before painting, and restoring it beautifully after painting. Our kitchen was particularly challenging, because of its old wooden cabinets. Art made it look like new. He painted the cabinet interiors as carefully as the exteriors. And like the other report states, Art is just a plain (and clean) nice guy to have around. You cannot find a more committed craftsman with such old-fashioned pride and excellence in his work.

Description of Work
The cost of painting our interior did not include paint. We purchased the paint which cost us about $480. Art painted the complete interior of our 1200 sq. ft 2-bedroom, 3-bathroom condo top to bottom, flat and semi-gloss, all walls, trim, and cabinetry. Three different custom colors were used.

11/27/2006

We've used Art before (he's painted the entire inside of our house) and he does excellent work for the best price around. He's very conscientious in his prep and his clean up. He shows up on time and works tirelessly until the job is done, and done well. Plus he's just a heck of a nice guy. We'd use him again (and have) without a seconds hesitation.

Description of Work
Art painted our very large master bedroom and bathroom, about a day and a half job, since it required two coats.

Category interior painters

INTERIOR PAINTING, EXTERIOR PAINTING, LIGHT DRYWALL, LIGHT CARPENTRY, PRESSURE WASHING, PAINT WOODWORK.