Manuel Iglesias Concrete

Founded 1997 • With Angi since April 2012

PO Box 787

Oakley, CA 94561

We never ask for money up front. We ask for 50% when we are ready to pour. We take check or cash and we do offer a coupon....

07/23/2017

Stephanie K.

We loved these guys! Manuel had great ideas, the team was hard working and professional. They met their commitments and provided extra value. We could not have been more pleased.

Description of Work
Removal of old patio and pouring and substantial expansion of new patio.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

12/02/2015

Edward D.

After high bid not further contact

Description of Work
The contractor took a week to return my request for a quote for your drive-way. Took the measurements from Google Earth and gave an estimate over the phone which was very high.

09/10/2015

Paul P.

Did a good job. Had an equipment problem the first day which had me worried, but in the end all looked good.

Description of Work
sealed concrete patio

Category concrete repair, patios

02/17/2015

Karen T.

We had trouble from the start with the plans. We had the engineer redo them twice to get a doable plan. In the meantime Maunel dismanteled the old stairway and got the forms in place for the concrete pour. The plans came in, the inspection passed and the rest of the project went smoothly. Dry rot kept showing up. The house was finished in 1958 so we weren't surprised. The little door with hinges and a latch going to the area under the stairs is really Great. They were going to throw away the extra insulation and I said I would like to use it under the house. They said they would stow it in the garage. I just noticed tonight that they installed it where it needed to go. I really appreciated it. They went over and above what was asked of them The clean up was superb too.

Description of Work
Our concrete staircase leading to the second floor was falling apart. The tile was coming off, the bricks were falling off, the steps were leaning in and there was dry rot. Manuel and his helpers took apart the bad part, cleaned up the dry rot, poured a new wall, rebuilt the porch, re-tiled the stairs, put new brick on the outside of the stairs, poured new concrete walkways and put an access door into the space under the stairs accessible from the basement.

Category concrete repair, masonry

12/29/2014

Peter F.

Was treated very unprofessionally!

Description of Work
I have a number of concrete projects and called a few contractors to come, look at the work and provide a quote. Manual came out looked at the work and promised to provide a quote in a couple of days. I called and left a message when I did not hear from him and got no response. I e-mailed him on Oct 22, then again on Oct 24, with no response. I called and left a message the following week telling him to have the curtsey to let me know if he was not interested. I still did not hear from him. I think that, that is unprofessional behavior and rather rude to treat people in such a cavalier fashion.

12/18/2014

Roy B.

Description of Work
Pavers in my backyard. Excellent work.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

08/02/2014

Jackie T.

Our first meeting with Manuel was very productive. He had really good ideas on what we could do with our back patio that would make it much more enjoyable. Ideas that never occurred to me! His team came in and they worked SOOOOO hard! The dirt under my patio deck turned out to be years of old concrete that needed to be busted up and hauled off. That was an unfortunate additional expense - but necessary. I am learning to never assume the original quote will be the final cost...especially in an older house bought from foreclosure! Anyway, they built steps to lead down to the patio and a knee wall, which gave the area several additional feet in height (it's a covered patio). I couldn't have asked for more. I loved these guys!!

Description of Work
Remove old wood decking, haul off dirt beneath deck, form and pour new concrete patio

Category concrete repair, patios

07/16/2014

Karen T.

He's a solid contender. He knows what he was doing and he's competent. He's a nice guy and friendly. He's willing to listen to me and respond to what I'm saying.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote. My front steps are falling apart so we wanted them to tear them apart and replace it.

03/31/2014

Wendy R.

Manuel and his wife are very professional and care about what they are doing. When we finally decided to go with this company they were here in a few days. They were not the cheapest bid but are local and do great work. There was a misunderstanding of the placement of a fence post and he corrected the issue and did a great job. Our neighbor saw the job and asked for an estimate for his property.

Category concrete repair, fencing

11/30/2013

Dan S.

Top quality concrete work, probably the best in the business. I would gladly use them again, however, we had several miscommunications about pricing. Pay attention to all the fine print and realize that when you make a small change (such as changing driveway thickness from 4" to 6", or pushing a wall back by a foot, or an extra drain here or there) you are paying not only for the extra concrete, but also the extra soil removed, etc. Every foot of drain pipe, every connection, is counted out and has its own charge in the contract. My job ended up costing far more (almost double) what I had budgeted. Yes, it looks great, but the bill was a shock. If/when I use them again, I would want a daily or at least weekly accounting of cost, and a dollar amount estimated against any changes to the plan. Everything else including pre-sales communication was top notch.

Description of Work
I used MANUEL IGLESIAS CONCRETE.

08/12/2013

Michael M.

Manuel never got back to me with a bid. I waited for him for a month before giving the job to another contractor (LEBEC). I really wanted to give him the job, but he never got back to me, and I don't feel it's my place to call him.

Description of Work
Very nice man came and measured back yard for concrete. said he would get back to me with a bid.

10/27/2012

cecilia P.

Manuel Iglesias, the owner, designed and installed the hardscaping and drainage in my front yard. Manuel was very knowledgeable & was able to incorporate my ideas into a beautiful combination of steps, walkways, and patios. The hardest part of the project for me was making a final decision on design & materials. Once I had done that, Manuel & the rest of his team took over & I didn't have to worry about a thing. They were incredible.....their work was impeccable, they showed-up on time, they worked hard everyday, they were considerate, they were responsive to any and all questions, and everything was cleaned at the end of the day. I would recommend Manuel & his team without reservations. It is difficult to find contractors who do what they say and take pride in their work. This company is special. They are highly skilled, honest, and hardworking. I wanted to thank Greg, one of the guys, for going back to my house after the job was done to remove some debris & I noticed he also put my bench back on the porch since it was dry. These guys go above & beyond.

Description of Work
Concrete, Masonry, & Drainage for the front-yard.

Category concrete repair, masonry, drain pipe, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

08/13/2012

VIRRINA R.

Good

Description of Work
I have not had the service yet but have known Manuel's work for a few years now and I will definitely use his company as soon as finances allow.

Category concrete repair

Thank you very much for your interest in our company. We look forward to working with you.

04/24/2012

Cynthia H.

They did great work, it was a great job. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give them a 15. They were great guys.

Description of Work
They poured some concrete at my home and the second they did some paving with bricks.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Thank you so much for the report. We really enjoyed working with you and your family.

Souza & Sons Inc

Souza & Son’s Inc is a family owned business, that designs and installs driveways, patios, walkways, pool decks, walls, steps, and more! We work with interlocking pavers and segmental retaining wall blocks. We also install synthetic turf for lawns. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Appius Paver

Borges landscaping demolition and hauling is a small company that just got into the business, but with 5 years experience, we always make sure our clients are happy and satisfied when we are done with our jobs

Pavers Express Group

Whether you're after pavers for a driveway, courtyard or shopping center complex, or need a complete landscaping makeover, we have the skills, equipment, and know-how to complete your project to the highest standards. We specialize in the installation of interlocking concrete pavers, building beautiful retaining and decorative walls, natural flagstones and pavers, fire pits and outdoor kitchens, and installing artificial grass. Our team has successfully completed a vast range of projects throughout the Bay Area, from residential jobs to major commercial undertakings.

Residential and commercial repair, installation and maintenance of patios, walkways, foundations, concrete, steps, stamp, staining, sealing, flagstone, block & brick.