WestCo Roofing Co Inc

With Angi since April 2010

763-46th Ave

Oakland, CA 94601

WestCo Roofing Co. has been a valuable part of the Berkeley and Oakland, California area since 1980. Specializing in high-quality commercial and residential roofing, WestCo prides itself on being known for its unique stance on only choosing clients that want the best quality for a fair price. One

10/04/2019

Dan B.

We had a roof leak discovered by our contractor. Westco had done work for us previously so we called them for an estimate (there are only a handful of contractors who do work on slate roofs). Brian and Tim came promptly and were courteous, friendly and informative, explaining what work should be done. They came and repaired the work in a day and Cayden shared before and after photos. They came in under budget as one of the issues was not as bad as initially thought. I now have my roofing contractor set.

Description of Work
Slate roof repairs and shingle replacement.

10/25/2017

Wesley B.

Fantastic - Really appreciated the professional service and demeanor of Westco.

Description of Work
Replace the Roof

08/26/2016

Douglas A.

We had no direct contact with Westco, but they worked through our general contractor. The roof is simple composition tile, with only one ridge and no valleys to worry about. They did a fine job with no delays. Roof looks great - no leaks. What more can you ask?

Description of Work
Roof for new house

03/06/2016

Michael C.

Slight delay in start due crew quitting. Once started project went quickly. They stayed in contact which was good

Description of Work
New roof on duplex

04/13/2015

Jack M.

They knew of the problem, there were two large holes on the semi flat piece of the roof- it is an old house, it was built in the thirties. The water was pooling there and going through these holes and flooding the inside of the house. They couldn't find the hole yet they took pictures of it and I saw one of their pictures of it. They had to come back and redo the job because they hadn't done it correctly, it was leaking like crazy and they did it. They were fine but the leaking on the inside continued. So I called this fellow that I want to recommend to you, he took pictures and fixed the problem. I tried to get West Co to come back out and look at that and I told them I'm not trying to hold you responsible for this, you have a good reputation. I kept a log because they wouldn't return my calls right away and I got up to 15 calls, leaving messages and asking for the job foreman and nobody would call me back. They were absolutely incommunicado but I was determined to get an explanation on why they were unable to fix those holes. There were other things they did fix.

Description of Work
They were supposed to fix two holes in my roof but did not.

03/02/2015

Christine L.

Job was not started due to a lack of urgency and funding on our part.

Description of Work
The provider provided an estimate. We did not have this repair started or completed. We will need to have a new estimate performed as we get closer to a realistic start date. The provider was helpful and professional.

02/17/2015

Tim S.

The work took about a day and I checked in on it several times and it was clear they knew what they were doing. We had them redo a section of our roof to stop a leak. The estimator was prompt, efficient, and easy to understand. Their quote/estimate document was terrific and through. We had a patch of very heavy rain and no leak. I feel great about the work the did.

Description of Work
Reroofed a section of our roof that was in poor repair.

01/07/2015

S R.

The estimator was professional, personable, and knowledgable and showed up on time for the estimate, and provided the estimate within 2 days as promised. After we contacted some other companies (which took us a couple more months), we did decide to go with Westco. They were, however, fairly booked up by the time we made our decision, though, so it was a couple months before they could fit us into their schedule, and then they did need to postpone it a week or so because they were apparently behind on other projects, though at least they did give us a few days' advance notice of the need to reschedule. They did promptly arrive to begin the work on the rescheduled date; it took about 4 days instead of 3, but generally seemed to go smoothly. The workers were punctual and did a reasonably good job of cleaning up afterwards. The job was completed right before a series of storms from late November to mid December, including some pretty heavy rains, and so far it appears that the new roof is holding up. There was one issue that arose after the work was done -- one of our downspouts apparently got clogged with debris during the removal of the old roof and was leaking through the seams during the first rainstorm after the job was completed. The supervisor came out a couple days after I called and resolved this problem. I'd reserve final evaluation until the rainy season is over, but at this point I'd say I was satisfied with the experience overall.

Description of Work
Replaced our leaky tar and gravel roof with a new 2-ply modified bitumen membrane roof.

12/15/2014

David L.

See comments above. Westco Roofing gets my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
I bought a roof from Westco 17 years ago at a very fair price and have been very very happy with it. Last week, I noticed a couple of leaks in the roof and called Westco for repairs. The owner of the company responded promptly and repaired the leaks without any charge, even though the warranty on the roof had expired many years ago. He told me that Westco stood by the quality of its product and refused to accept any offer of payment. Now that is what I call great service. The owner of the company and his staff are all very pleasant to deal with and I recommend Westco without qualification. If you want a roofer who will stand by his work and product, do yourself a favor and call Westco. You won't be sorry that you did.

10/17/2014

ELIZABETH T.

We are in the construction business and know great work when we see it. Serious attention was paid throughout the process, from Miles the estimator to Mike the foreman to Lionel and his co workers. They were ultra polite, cleaned up daily and were extremely competent. Getting the shingle bundles onto our roof was really tough. I was adamant that our curly bark maples not be damaged in any way. They and the material deliverer were impressive. They got that part done with much effort and care. We checked the job every day from skip sheeting to shingles to gutters to the chimney brace (seismic protection) and found high quality workmanship throughout. I had contracted with a small firm in Antioch, initially, who backed out two days before the job was to begin. So we waited another 5 weeks to get on the Westco schedule, and are glad we did. We paid more, but it clearly was worth it. It's a pleasure looking at our roof and know that it was done the right way by pure professionals. This is an excellent company. HIGHLY recommend them!

Description of Work
Replaced our roof with a 50 year comp shingle, complete tear off. Five day job.

09/22/2014

Owen S.

It went very well. They came on time, gave a competitive estimate, and did the job well. When there were some areas in the roof deck that needed repair, they did the repairs at no additional charge. There was a small miscommunication about which gutters were to get gutter-screens, but when I pointed out that some of them were missing, they came back right away and fixed it. The crew was courteous, and cleaned up the job site daily. I'm very happy with the work they did.

Description of Work
Installed roof on main house and on garage. They also installed gutters and gutter screens

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

08/08/2013

Patricia L H.

The jobe was done in a timely profeccional manner.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete tiles. Installed new asbestos shingles. Placed hew deflectors around 3 chimneys & 5 skylights.

Category roofing, skylights

07/30/2013

Harris D.

The experience was WAY better than I anticipated. Usually, I find myself running into problems that make me more than intemperate - not so with WestCo. ESTIMATE and WORK: Andrew Goddard provided the estimate, I gave the go-ahead and work started ~10 days later last Monday. The work was completed by midday Wednesday. I was home all the time, and - besides the inevitable chaos and noise of having a new roof installed - the workers were decent, deferential and just all-around good guys! I asked them to remove some extra rubble that I had accumulated on my driveway (not related to the roof), and they were happy to do so. In fact, they cleaned up the perimeter of the house very well. The roof and the new gutters look great!!! SUBSEQUENT "PROBLEM" (not really!): Now comes the embarrassing part. After the work was completed, the outlets in my bathrooms were no longer working. Because all other outlets and lights in that part of the house were fine, I concluded (erroneously) that the problem just HAD to be wiring in the attic that WestCo had somehow knocked askew. I checked the circuit breakers, and they all looked fine. I reported the apparent problem, and today they came out to take a look. Much to my distress, it seems that the switch on circuit breakers, when they trip, do not physically pop into the 'off' position - instead, one has to physically turn them OFF and then ON again. I did not know this. It turned out that the problem was merely this - the circuit breaker had tripped! (Why a mere two outlets have to have their own circuit is beyond me, but that's a different topic for another time). Bottom line? The guys who came out found the problem, flipped the switch, and all is now well. And very definitely NOT a WestCo problem, and more one of my innate stupidity and an unfortunate coincidence. PRICE: The price they quoted was in line with the other estimates I received - they weren't the cheapest, but the difference was minimal, and I was impressed with their approach, so I went with them. I am EXTREMELY happy with the new roof and gutters - you would do well to use WestCo for your roofing problems.

Description of Work
Re-roofed my single-storey 2400 sq. ft. home, installed new gutters.

04/07/2013

Man G.

One time start. Originally scheduled for 1 week of work, but due to raining forecast, they completed the job in 2 days with extra crew working. The complete the roof just before the rain come. (Impressive). They are fairy clean.

Description of Work
Replace flat top tar and gravel roof with membrane type roof. Remove original roof and repair wood damage, then replace with bitumen membrane type roofing. Replace all piping on the roof. They have a ten years warranty.

01/28/2013

Sherry M.

Andrew came out a week ago to estimate the job. I had a leak where we had a second story addition put on years ago. I was impressed that he not only went up on the roof himself but moved tiles to see what was going on underneath and brought down pictures and a drawing to explain the situation. I received a very reasonable bid and he was able to set the job up just a few,l days later to coordinate with my day off. A supervisor came with the workers, went up on the roof and took before pictures, the workers took lots of pics during and after also. I was assured one worker would be on site fluent in English which was true. I have an old tile roof where the tile shapes are no longer made and Westco has them available, very important. Being a single woman homeowner I have always had bad experiences with contractors! From beginning to end I was treated with respect and the price was very fair and I was very relieved have all the detailed explanations and pictures since I can't go up there to see. I called three roofers and none were interested in repair jobs , only whole roof jobs. Westco has my trust now and when I am able to replace my roof guess who gets my business and everyone in my neighborhood including my customers. Westco is smart to take small jobs because referrals are key to keeping every business alive! Am I gushing? Love them! Oh and they were super clean even while working and then blew off all of my yards tho there was no mess to clean! Nothing ruined and they never asked to use my restroom! Unheard of.....

Description of Work
Excellent!!!

Category ceramic tile, roofing

07/16/2012

Deborah M.

Westco Roofing had the best price. They did a good job. I would recommend them. What keeps me from saying they are top notch is the language barrier. The experience with the estimator was fantastic.

Description of Work
Westco Roofing put on a new roof and gutters.

11/20/2011

Robert M.

From what I was told, Westco came out and gave my mother-in- law an estimate and scheduled the time to return to do the work. They adhered to their scheduling and estimate.

Description of Work
The work was done on my mother-in-law's house. She lives in an older home. Westco repaired the roof over the family room in her house. Per my mother-in- law, " I was very happy with the work that the roofers did on the house.”

09/02/2011

Claudia L.

They were very quick on the return. The bid was free. They were very responsive and cooperative which was what we were looking for. They faxed the bid to our general manager so I haven't looked at it yet.

Description of Work
We got a bid from WestCo Roofing for roofing.

08/29/2011

Arlene B.

They answer the phones, but then forward you through to a voicemail. I did talk to them, but they never got back to me to schedule the appointment for the estimate. Their answering system is very confusing.

Description of Work
Every time I call to schedule an appointment for an estimate their system of answering is not clear.

08/06/2011

Luana S.

They were good and did a nice job. I will contact them in future.

Description of Work
I received a quote from WestCo Roofing Co Inc. to replace the roof, about a week ago.

07/24/2011

DELMAR S.

The company worked with our schedule and was very prompt in the repair and kept the area clean.

Description of Work
Repair of two sections of leaking roof. Changed the gradeof a section that had pooling to assist drainage. Caulking around down spots.

06/21/2011

Joe M.

Our house is over 100 years old and has a combination of shingle and flat roofing with a combination of wood and metal gutters. We recently developed a leak and need to replace the flat part of our roof. We obtained estimates from three roofing/gutter companies. Westco estimator was best at customizing its proposed approach to our situation and expressed needs. Resulting proposal was for more limited work at lower cost. It also had the longest warranty of the three proposals. Work was scheduled and done in a timely manner. Foreman was professional and responsive. We have had one rain since without any leaks, but will need to wait for a storm next winter to know for sure.

Description of Work
Replaced section of flat roof, replaced section of gutters, refinished section of wood gutters

03/31/2011

John C.

Excellent. They assessed the problem on the roof, took photos to show us and fixed the problem..We had a winter rainstorm a few days after the repair and no leaks!

Description of Work
The company manufactured a cover for our chimney that sealed a leak that was causing problems.

01/17/2011

Annie L.

Great team of workers. The job took 4 days and each night the place was left in great condition before leaving the job. Great attitude. Definitely will reuse the roofing company again.

Description of Work
Completely torn off the old roof and replace with new.

01/06/2011

VIDA MIA G.

WestCo was great. They arrived promptly at 8 am, as they said they would, and immediately got to work. (In fact, they got to work so quickly that I barely had time to make sure to tell them to watch out for the garden! Some of the roof scraping had already started, and shingle pieces were falling into the raised beds. I don't know if they would have done anything about it on their own, but once I notified them, they quickly responded and jury-rigged a wooden cover to keep everything safe.) When they finished at 5 pm or so, we were shocked to discover that they were actually *finished*--a new roof in only one day! It's rained a lot since then, and the interior of the house has been bone dry; this was most certainly NOT the case before. The price was not the lowest of all the bids we received (7 total, ranging from $5500 to $11,500!)--in fact, it was the second lowest--but the cheapest roofer's proposal seemed vague and the service rep somewhat indifferent. Also, their cleanup afterward was excellent. We were not disappointed with WestCo.

Description of Work
Performed a complete replacement of our composition shingle roof: scraped the old one off, re-stuccoed around the chimney, cut new eyebrow vents, built crickets, repaired flashing. They also fixed some shoddy gutter work that had been done (reattached gutters and downspouts properly).

Live Oak General Builder inc

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Deck Building services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Award 2022
    Offers by Live Oak General Builder inc on Angi
    Northgate Development

Specialty Deck & Patio Builders! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Prime Renovation Homes

‏At Prime renovation homes, our core principle is reliability. We are a small and attentive team that specializes in assessing your vision and transforming it into an exceptional project that meets your needs. From design to architecture, to engineering and completion, we will work closely with you at every step of your project to ensure that the end result is outstanding, on time and on budget. With a collective 15 years of extensive home construction experience, we look forward to the opportunity of working with you in creating the home that you envision. Whether you’re an avid home remodeler or this will be your first home construction, our goal is to provide you with the best experience from beginning to end and we welcome you to contact us

Award 2022

Roofing-- Commercial, Industrial, Residential--Asphalt shingle, flat & commercial roofs, slate & tile Decks-- Wood DeckWood Deck test Gutters-- Slate and Tile Solar Power , decks & gutters.