Toto's Plumbing

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2008

We specialize in sewer line replacements, the toughest jobs in the trade. Also we do video inspections for your sewer line. It's like a colonoscopy for your home's drainage system. It gets recorded on a DVD for your entertainment, really, the DVD gets passed on to the inspectors for passing home

plumbers (92)drain cleaning (28)sewer cleaning (20)drain pipe installation (8)appliance repair (5)water heaters (4)driveway pavers (1)well & water pump repair (1)

06/30/2022

A P.

Rude! My grandparents asked for a contract because they are older and that's how they do business and instructed me to ask for it. An older gentleman comes and since I was instructed by my grandparents who live in the house to ask for a contract or information on their business because they were not home for a medical emergency, this guy started to make a scene outside and said forget it I quit waiving his hands around in front of everyone walking in the neighborhood. Very unprofessional and rude, maybe it's the language barrier but I was just relaying a message from the owners of the house. My husband called them after the embarrassing situation I had to endure and he blamed me for being rude but I have a ring video that recorded the whole situation. No job was done.

Description of Work
Ceiling leakage

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

09/16/2020

Rita Z.

We never spoke to anyone from Toto's. We never did get that inspection or estimate for a new A/C unit. Anther company rep was supposed to come out but we got a text saying they needed to cancel our appointment. We are still waiting....

Description of Work
We wanted our A/C inspected and an estimate of a new system.

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

03/29/2020

Bobby C.

OK.....Some of the roots remain, not to Toto's fault ( the pipe is very old and out of date )

Description of Work
Sewage Pipe Over Flow and Roots removed

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

01/25/2020

James B.

The job went fine. Benjamin and Jorge arrived on time and did good work for a fair price.

Description of Work
They scoped out my plumbing pipes to get rid of a blockage and cleaned out the P trap for two sinks that were draining slowly.

Work Completed On 01/04/2020

09/01/2019

Andrew C.

Raul was very knowledgeable and efficient!

Description of Work
Toilet leak resulted in installation of a new toilet

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

12/03/2017

David P.

After purchasing our home, we needed to bring the private sewer lateral into EBMUD compliance. We called Toto's after a bad experience with a previous contractor for the same issue. Toto's determined from a camera check that the line should have been in good shape, so they would do their own test. They were pretty clear about the pricing: it would be a certain amount to do the test. If there were a problem, it would cost more to repair it, but they had a clear maximum cost. The pricing clarity was important to us. A previous contractor had quoted us $1,700, then raised the price to $5,000 to replace the line when they found a leak. Toto's maximum was less than that to replace the whole line. They did find a leak, but they were able to fix it for significantly less than the replacement cost. They did the work well, verified that it would pass the test when the EBMUD inspector came, and it did indeed pass. They were easy to work with the whole time: responsive by email, phone, and text. My only complaint, which is pretty minor, was they banged up some of our deck and forgot to replace a couple of the deck screws.

Description of Work
Inspection and repair of private sewer lateral for EBMUD compliance.

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

09/28/2017

Francis M.

Toto was the only plumber willing to do a full accessment of the situation before making a recommendation. Everybody else I hired wanted to be paid for every bit of work without results. Nobody could make any logical assessments and made recommendations that I could agree with. Toto is a breath of fresh air and he did everything he could to make a informed decision on next steps, all complementary. He quoted the best rates and after completing the job and we still had the problem he made a guarantee that he'll make it right without additional cost. I'll hire Toto again in a heartbeat and wouldn't hesitate to referral him. If I hired Toto first I would have saved thousands of dollars.

Description of Work
Bath tub, toilet and kitchen sink was backing up and Toto was the third plumber we hired

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

08/17/2017

Daniel H.

We made an appointment for 3 days later. They did not show up, or give any notice they couldn't make it beforehand. They eventually responded to my inquiry 90 minutes after they were to come that they weren't coming, without any further explanation. Luckily I was able to find another plumber later that day.

Description of Work
I contacted Toto's Plumbing to fix a leaking toilet.

Work Completed On 08/17/2017

07/26/2017

Andrew M.

Raut is amazing. I initially found him on Angie's list over a year ago and he has fixed multiple clogged drains, placed a new water main and then installed both indoor and water filters. There was a manufactures defect on one of the filters and Raul had to come back two times to make sure it was fixed correctly. He was never frustrated with the manufactures defect and always willing to help fix it. He did all of this with no extra charge. I recommend Raul without reservation. I will never use another plumber.

Description of Work
Install indoor and outdoor water filters

05/16/2017

Ken H.

Called and left message on Friday. Sent an email on Friday. By Monday evening I had heard nothing. Very unprofessional not to have responded, even if it could not /or would not do the work. Will not try again.

Description of Work
Bathroom sink drain cleaning.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

04/11/2017

James R.

They did a great job. Love those guys. I would definately hire them again.

Description of Work
They did a trenchless sewer replacement.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

10/24/2016

Michael M.

Went great. The job was handled professionally and with a minimum of inconvenience to us.

Description of Work
Fix a leaky pipe fitting that was located above the lower floor bathroom ceiling drywall.

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

09/26/2016

Kim J.

Excellent, they were prompt, professional and courteous. They cleaned up after the work so well you can't tell where they worked. Even the decorative gravel was putback in place! They will be my plumber for life! Thanks Raul.

Description of Work
Replacement of sewer line

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

07/08/2016

Susan H.

Here's the thing: I was annoyed at first because Raul called me 15 minutes after his "latest" time window to say he'd be another 15 mins. late. BUT when he did come, he was so pleasant/apologetic for lateness, fixed my shower completely in about 10 minutes and refused to take payment because he was late . AND he played with my dog (who loved him.) I ended up having to force $35 on him for his service. Bottom line: He won me over -- and won my dog over -- completely. He is a prince among plumbers!

Description of Work
Raul cleaned out my shower head and made it seem like a completely new shower

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 07/08/2016

05/06/2016

Eric Z.

The provider came out and gave a free sewer lateral inspection, carefully explaining what he saw and recommended services. He wasn't pushy and took the time to explain what was needed.

Description of Work
Performed sewer lateral inspection

Work Completed On 05/06/2016

12/11/2015

kimia Z.

Toilet installed quickly and professionally and the old toilet removed.

Description of Work
Toilet installation

Work Completed On 12/10/2015

10/05/2015

Deborah T.

Couldn't communicate to establish his service capabilities or what would be involved.

Description of Work
Called and spoke to Raul. I was interested in an estimate for a sewer lateral replacement, but needed information as to what would be involved. I hate to make someone's English language skills the focus of a review, but the level of communication in speaking with Raul was so poor I gave up, thanked him any ways, and hung up. I'll move on to another provider with whom I can better communicate with. Too bad. His reviews are excellent.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

07/14/2015

Charles G.

My regular plumber wasn't available so I called Toto's a half hour before they opened to schedule a sewer line cleanout. Expected to leave a message to get someone out later in the day but Raul promptly answered and said he'd send someone right out! Wow! Another Raul (not the owner) and Israel showed up shortly afterwards, figured out the issue quickly and commenced to work. Pulled out some interesting items and explained exactly what the tenants had flushed down the toilet (it's a real art deciphering some of the odds and ends he comes across - how'd he know that plastic gunk was the remnants of a baby wipe?). Both workers were prompt, expert and knew what they were doing. Tenant mentioned her tub was slow and they quickly snaked up wads of hair. They cleaned up after themselves, tested the system and presented me with a very fair bill. We would recommend them wholeheartedly and expect to use them again!

Description of Work
Sewer line cleanout, tub drain cleanout.

Work Completed On 07/14/2015

05/12/2015

Thomas S.

I never got a chance to use them. Since the guy on the phone told me they don't service San Francisco, I won't ever use them

Description of Work
Nothing. I called and tried to schedule an appointment. The guy on the phone, who spoke very poor English, told me they don't service San Francisco despite the fact their listing says they do

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

02/07/2015

Annemarie M.

tMy house is over 90 years old. Building was different back then-- and there is always a history of repairs that remains a process of discovery for the new homeowner. Toto's Plumbing did their work with excellent engineering knowledge, care to aesthetic detail and the flexibility and great communication skills required to meet the challenges and surprises inherent in such a building. 1) Clogged main sewer line. Toto's Plumbing responded punctually and unclogged the pipe. Their video equipment was the best I have seen--for the first time the light was bright enough and the resolution good enough to see what was going on. The explanation was lucid and professional. Although I knew I needed a new private sewer line to the street, I had put it off because I had not found a service that I felt I could trust with a big job like that. The clean out was quick and efficient. Toto Plumbing's professionalism, punctuality and excellent equipment convinced me that they should be able to do a good job. We scheduled a date for a trenchless sewer line. I also asked them to look at a second floor sink, which seemed to have a clog far down the line. 2) Trenchless sewer line. The city of Oakland has a new sewer certification process. Toto's took care of the certification and the marking of the various utilities to the house. Their estimate of the time required for that prep work and start time that was right on target -- three weeks later. They offered to take care of any clogs that developed in the meantime for free, but I did not need it. Toto's told me to expect three holes in the driveway and one on the street. Ultimately, due to the fact that I had at least three different kinds of sewer pipe, including cast iron -- which resulted in the buckling of a small section of concrete, more concrete was taken out of the driveway than originally planned. However, each slab was removed with precision and care. The new sewer line and all of its connections look quite robust with far fewer joints where roots can find their way in. Two new cleanouts were installed: one at the rear of the house at the first line out (my original cleanout was half way down the line) and the other at the sidewalk, as required by the city of Oakland. The concrete was laid down on a well tamped surface, and attention was paid to putting the joints in to match the older concrete. The material used in the street was recycled road concrete, well tamped with new road surface. 3) Locate, diagnose issue, repair and install trenchless line to line out of second floor sink. Toto's discovered that the sink line to the second floor bathroom was separate from the toilet and shower. They found the line in the front yard, running from the front steps and completely detached from the main line -- and judging from the "repair" materials, something that happened many decades ago (and probably several homeowners- even though I have been here almost 20 years and the last homeowners equally long). The sewer pipe under the front walk was completely clogged with roots. Totos connected the sink line to the main line with a trenchless sewer line (which was was the least traumatic thing for my front yard plants) and a cleanout at the front steps. Two small concrete slabs in the front sidewalk, right next to the bullnose steps had to be removed. The crew removed these small slabs with precision, avoiding injury to anything else. The concrete was replaced with attention to matching the color of the older concrete. 4) Duration and Miscilaneous. Projects 2 and 3 took four days, and for one or two days there were the necessary piles of clay in the driveway and on the street. The team was smart and street safe during the project and tidied up when they left at the end of the day. Now the project is done, the concrete is curing, and you would not know that the piles of clay ever existed. These guys are a class act, and the money was well spent. Thank you to Raul Sr., Raul Jr, and their team.

Description of Work
Three things: 1) Declog a sewer line on a Sunday. 2) Trenchless sewerline installation. 3 Locate, diagnose issue, repair and install trenchless line to second floor sink.

Work Completed On 02/05/2015

Review for Toto's Plumbing - 2301 Courtland Ave, Oakland, CA - 27444549

12/30/2014

Damon L.

Toto's Plumbing was spot on excellent! I called Raul at Toto's plumbing in the late afternoon and, even though it wasn't an emergency, they came the next morning right on time, 8:45AM. He gave me an estimate over the phone for snaking my kitchen drain, which was a very deep clog that I couldn't reach with my hand snake - $150. Raul and his guys were very courteous, kind, and efficient. Instead of starting through the pipe from under the kitchen sink, they went in through farther down the pipe in my basement. They finished in minutes, checked the water flow down the drain, checked for leaks, and thoroughly cleaned up. They were out the door by 9AM, and Raul only charged us $135 because we saw them on Angie's List. I'll be calling Toto's Plumbing for all my plumbing problems in the future.

Description of Work
Snaked kitchen drain.

Work Completed On 12/30/2014

12/30/2014

lorraine V.

I was completely satisfied with how they responded to an emergency request for service. I'm sure they were very busy but came quickly in the rain, diagnosed the problem immediately, took action, and were completely prompt and professional. I had used them in our previous home in Berkeley to replace/upgrade the sewer line as after an inspection it was determined the line needed to be replaced. That job also went very well, completely according to Toto's estimate (and I did get other estimates, theirs was the best) all work done was first quality from start to finish. Would use them again.

Description of Work
I had just moved into our Bay Farm condo and the patio drain was backing up into the patio and garage due to heavy rain. Toto's came out quickly in the rain and cleared the drain in no time at a very reasonable rate.

Work Completed On 11/15/2013